Start by marking “Bang! Getting Your Message Heard in A Noisy World” as Want to Read:
Bang! Getting Your Message Heard in A Noisy World
Preview

Bang! Getting Your Message Heard in A Noisy World

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  47 ratings  ·  7 reviews
The founders of one of today's hottest, most innovative advertising agencies explain how to ignite the kind of marketing explosions that will capture customers' attention.

Linda Kaplan Thaler, the CEO and Chief Creative Officer of the Kaplan Thaler Group, is the brains behind a host of memorable and highly successful ads, from the irresistibly sentimental "Kodak moment" cam
Published October 21st 2003 by Currency

To ask other readers questions about Bang! Getting Your Message Heard in A Noisy World, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bang! Getting Your Message Heard in A Noisy World

Dan
Heard great things bout this, but what a disappointment! I got about one quarter of the way through and got rid of it.

Pros: Some good stories and ideas (but nothing that you couldn't find in any other marketing book of higher quality).

Cons: The author merely gives examples of successful ads and tries to explain how they worked because they went against the grain and got a lot of attention. The real problem lies in the author's conclusions. The underlying theme seems to be: "Do the opposite of wh
Chip Miller
A good 'airport read'. Honestly, I 'lightly' read through this years ago... but here's the gist:

• In this world you have to be noticed to get ahead
• in this busy world, you've got to make noise to get noticed
- 'Squeaky wheel gets the oil'
• Ergo a "Bang!" is the act of getting noticed

The rest of the book goes through various high-profile examples (such as Herbal Essences & Aflac) examining the characteristics of "BANG!"

In the end, you have mostly been sold on Thaler's ad agency (Kaplan T
Emma
Aug 02, 2007 Emma marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
This book was recomended to me by one of the lead actors of the musical "Jersey Boys"- his Broadway debut. He claims this book as the reason why he's on Broadway. But I'm sure it applies to those of us who are a bit shy about promoting our own ideas, ourselves, or our message.

Haven't read it yet - but when I do - you all will be the first to know exactly what I think of it
Melissa
I did not think this book was anything special like previous reviews had suggested. In fact, I found it to be very boring (I didn't finish it) and just a compelation of the different campaigns that the author had worked on (and more in a "bragging" sense, not an informative sense). There were no new ideas in this book--it was very commonsense.
D. Quarles
This book was recommended to me by a friend. I've read several books with a similar theme and found this one had little to offer in the way of tools. I will say that I found the very last chapters the most helpful, but I slogged my way through most of the book before finding only a couple of pearls.
Rebecca
Just finished this book...it's really cool for people who are into marketing and advertising. They created a lot of well known campaigns like the AFLAC Duck and "Hallmark Moments."
Joseph
amazing the campaigns she was involved in. Favorite marketing book of all time
Bob Vaez
Bob Vaez marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2014
Madalyn
Madalyn marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
Dermatologist Diego
Dermatologist Diego marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2014
Andy
Andy marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Marnie
Marnie marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2014
Geneva Salmon
Geneva Salmon marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Elizabeth Alarcón
Elizabeth Alarcón marked it as to-read
May 11, 2014
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2014
Varinia Rodas
Varinia Rodas marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2014
Oluwaseun Adeniyi
Oluwaseun Adeniyi marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2014
Siddharth Sridhar
Siddharth Sridhar marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Linda Kaplan Thaler has been responsible for some of the most touching, relevant and famous advertising campaigns during her 25+ years in the advertising and entertainment business. She is acclaimed within the industry for her innovative and topical approach.

Much of her work is now part of the American pop culture landscape. She has authored and composed campaign jingles that are among the industr
More about Linda Kaplan Thaler...
The Power of Nice: How to Conquer the Business World with Kindness The Power of Small: Why Little Things Make All the Difference Grit to Great: How Hard Work, Perseverance, and Pluck Take You from Ordinary to Extraordinary Sức mạnh của sự tử tế Grit to Great: How Perseverance, Passion, and Pluck Take You from Ordinary to Extraordinary