Start by marking “Bang! Getting Your Message Heard in A Noisy World” as Want to Read:
Bang! Getting Your Message Heard in A Noisy World

Bang! Getting Your Message Heard in A Noisy World

The founders of one of today's hottest, most innovative advertising agencies explain how to ignite the kind of marketing explosions that will capture customers' attention.

Linda Kaplan Thaler, the CEO and Chief Creative Officer of the Kaplan Thaler Group, is the brains behind a host of memorable and highly successful ads, from the irresistibly sentimental "Kodak moment" cam
Published October 21st 2003 by Currency

To ask other readers questions about Bang! Getting Your Message Heard in A Noisy World, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bang! Getting Your Message Heard in A Noisy World

Dan
Feb 11, 2008 Dan rated it did not like it
Shelves: non-fiction
Heard great things bout this, but what a disappointment! I got about one quarter of the way through and got rid of it.

Pros: Some good stories and ideas (but nothing that you couldn't find in any other marketing book of higher quality).

Cons: The author merely gives examples of successful ads and tries to explain how they worked because they went against the grain and got a lot of attention. The real problem lies in the author's conclusions. The underlying theme seems to be: "Do the opposite of wh
Chip Miller
Oct 14, 2008 Chip Miller rated it liked it
Shelves: business
A good 'airport read'. Honestly, I 'lightly' read through this years ago... but here's the gist:

• In this world you have to be noticed to get ahead
• in this busy world, you've got to make noise to get noticed
- 'Squeaky wheel gets the oil'
• Ergo a "Bang!" is the act of getting noticed

The rest of the book goes through various high-profile examples (such as Herbal Essences & Aflac) examining the characteristics of "BANG!"

In the end, you have mostly been sold on Thaler's ad agency (Kaplan T
Emma
Aug 02, 2007 Emma marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
This book was recomended to me by one of the lead actors of the musical "Jersey Boys"- his Broadway debut. He claims this book as the reason why he's on Broadway. But I'm sure it applies to those of us who are a bit shy about promoting our own ideas, ourselves, or our message.

Haven't read it yet - but when I do - you all will be the first to know exactly what I think of it
Melissa
Jun 07, 2009 Melissa rated it it was ok
I did not think this book was anything special like previous reviews had suggested. In fact, I found it to be very boring (I didn't finish it) and just a compelation of the different campaigns that the author had worked on (and more in a "bragging" sense, not an informative sense). There were no new ideas in this book--it was very commonsense.
D. Quarles
Mar 12, 2012 D. Quarles rated it it was ok
This book was recommended to me by a friend. I've read several books with a similar theme and found this one had little to offer in the way of tools. I will say that I found the very last chapters the most helpful, but I slogged my way through most of the book before finding only a couple of pearls.
Brett
Bought it used at $3.95 until my new batch of books comes in at the library. 212 pages should be a quick read and it has recent enough content to make an impact in this down economy.
Rebecca
Aug 13, 2008 Rebecca rated it really liked it
Just finished this book...it's really cool for people who are into marketing and advertising. They created a lot of well known campaigns like the AFLAC Duck and "Hallmark Moments."
Joseph
Jan 22, 2013 Joseph rated it really liked it
amazing the campaigns she was involved in. Favorite marketing book of all time
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2016
Holli
Holli marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2016
Eamonn Bermingham
Eamonn Bermingham marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2016
Mimi Crampton
Mimi Crampton marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2016
Morgan Rasmason
Morgan Rasmason marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2016
Eleni Palmos
Eleni Palmos marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2016
Ralph Kelleners
Ralph Kelleners marked it as to-read
May 24, 2016
Drew Neisser
Drew Neisser rated it it was amazing
May 21, 2016
Brad Back
Brad Back rated it it was amazing
May 03, 2016
Ebonique
Ebonique marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2016
Ismael Samour
Ismael Samour rated it it was amazing
Feb 10, 2016
Mihael Herrera
Mihael Herrera rated it really liked it
Feb 06, 2016
Jennifer Atwood
Jennifer Atwood marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2016
John Milton
John Milton marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2016
Jeff
Jeff rated it liked it
Jan 24, 2016
Britt
Britt marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2015
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2015
Alexander
Alexander rated it really liked it
May 20, 2016
Karina
Karina marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Linda Kaplan Thaler has been responsible for some of the most touching, relevant and famous advertising campaigns during her 25+ years in the advertising and entertainment business. She is acclaimed within the industry for her innovative and topical approach.

Much of her work is now part of the American pop culture landscape. She has authored and composed campaign jingles that are among the industr
More about Linda Kaplan Thaler...