Start by marking “Kissing Coffins (Vampire Kisses, #2)” as Want to Read:
Kissing Coffins (Vampire Kisses, #2)

Kissing Coffins (Vampire Kisses #2)

3.87  ·  Rating Details ·  22,493 Ratings  ·  711 Reviews
Not far from Dullsville, someone's lurking in the dark. . . .

After meeting the handsome and shadowy Alexander Sterling, goth-girl Raven's dark world has a bright, new glow. But as in her favorite movie, "Kissing Coffins," Raven knows that love always has its complications, especially when Alexander has a big secret to guard.

When Alexander suddenly disappears, Raven leaves
Published May 1st 2007 by Harper Teen (first published July 26th 2005)

Kelsey
Dec 07, 2008 Kelsey rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: People who hate Twilight
Anne Stephenson
Jul 25, 2008 Anne Stephenson rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: All the vamipire lovers
Tina
Jan 18, 2009 Tina added it
Recommends it for: anyone
Recommended to Tina by: nobody
I totally love this book so much and Alexander Sterling. I wish Alexander Sterling was real!! Just like Edward in Twilight. CUTE!!! ...Okay , ack to the book.. I loved it.I read it in like two days, which is pretty awesome for me.I couldn't get my nose out of this book.
Kimberly
Jun 15, 2015 Kimberly rated it it was amazing
This second book in the series of Vampire Kisses gets a 5 stars from me. I absolutely am in love with all of the characters in this series. I can not get enough of the books, I cant read fast enough, trying to take it all in. I cant wait to see where it goes with our Goth, Raven and her precious vamp Alexander. Will she become a Vampire as well, this is the question. I have never been in love with a fictional character before until now, ohhh Alexander Sterling, every Goths dream. On to book 3.
Anna
Oct 27, 2014 Anna rated it liked it
Shelves: vampires, young-adult
After meeting Alexander, Raven's world is so sunny ... ops magical dark I mean.

Don't you think that it's such a pleasure to take a nap in a coffin with your one true love by your side and later to organize a pic nic to the holy grounds of the local cemetery.

Gothic girl lives her dream and you are welcome to follow! Great for a Halloween read and such an amazing idea for student couples to dress like Raven and Alexander!
Kimberley doruyter
Mar 27, 2015 Kimberley doruyter rated it really liked it
these are so fast and fun to read, or re-read ;)
Nicolas
Mar 15, 2007 Nicolas rated it liked it
To me, this one was not as good as the first. I disliked the fact that Raven lost some of that kick ass independence that she had in book one, and somehow she turned into a needy girlfriend(Typical). I still liked this book, however because it still kept my interest. Even though some of the characters underwent personality changes, some new ones were introduced evening out the plot. Overall a book you should read if your continuing the Vampire Kisses series.
Cary
Jan 21, 2009 Cary rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: no one
Recommended to Cary by: some immature kid
This is one of the worst of the teenage good guy vampire in highshcool type books. Not only does it missrepresent Goth culture. Any real Goth would set that book on fire with lighter fluid. Certain words like "Coyly". Coyly I looked at Alexander. He wanted me to go up to his attic room. Giving him a coy smile I said. Do me,LOL. The RBI Raven Bureau of Investigation says this book sux. It is on an 11 year old reading level. If you are over 17 you will get sick. Cary
Jennifer Sanders
Sep 07, 2007 Jennifer Sanders rated it it was ok
i know i said i wouldn't read any more of these but i thought i would give it would more shot. (jonesing for vampire fiction as you can see). i didn't like this one either. and i'm done. really!
Aly
Feb 16, 2017 Aly rated it liked it
Shelves: february-2017
Well this book was on the same level as the first.. There wasn't much of a plot to it. The characters were mostly the same. Parts of the book had a better writing style. I will say there are parts that I liked.. the main one being that it was a quick read!

(view spoiler)
Ash
Jun 29, 2010 Ash rated it liked it

Would it be entirely wrong of me to begin this review with a fan-girlish statement? I certainly hope not because I’m about to! ‘Oh no! Alexander has run away forever and my life is completely, totally and utterly over. O.V.E.R!’ Yes that’s right you heard me, the only reason I like this series has taken off in less than ten pages and vanished entirely! Of course, that statement popped into my head the moment I finished the first book, and cracked open the second book in the Vampire Kisses series
Dana Al-Basha دانة الباشا
So Alexander Sterling left Dullsville, after Raven found out that her gothic dream of finding a vampire came true. So Raven decided to follow her favorite movie "Kissing Coffins" steps and go and search for Alexander in a town where gothic is the norm and everyone believes vampires exist.

I think Raven is such a strange character. After seeing how afraid she was of what is supposed to be her passion, I think it's safe to say she is just a teenage drama queen who doesn't know how to have a healthy
Ariel
Feb 13, 2017 Ariel rated it it was ok
These books just keep getting worse and worse...

I am a big believer of going against the "norm" or putting myths to shame. I have always felt this way, especially as vampires. That may sound sill, and no I don't believe in them, but if they did exist... I doubt they would be scared of garlic and some of the other ridiculous things this book consists of.

Now, Raven just hasn't really grown as a character. I think she borders on an obsessive girl, she literally goes out of town just because the bu
Ariel
Dec 13, 2011 Ariel rated it really liked it
Vampire Kisses- Kissing Coffins, by Ellen Schreiber, pages: 377. In the series a girl named Raven Madison lives in the small town called Amityville or Dullsville but nothing happens in the town. But one day a mysteries family moves into the Mansion on top of Benson Hill. When she finds out who lives there, she finds that a prince of the night, Alexander Sterling; and his butler Jameson. Over time hanging out with Alexander, she finds out that he’s a vampire. In the beginning of the second one s ...more
Diana
Jul 25, 2009 Diana rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 10th-advisory
Vampire Kisses 2: Kissing Coffins
Ellen Schreiber
224pgs
HarperCollinsPublishers
ISBN 978-0-06-077624-4

All of a sudden, Alexander leaves Dullsville because of some family problems. Without letting Raven know and having her worry, she decides to go on a search for him. She doesn't know where he went, doesn't know why he left, and definitely doesn't know how she can find him. Since she doesn't know about anything, she's on her own. Being by herself, is it possible for her to be safe until she finds he
Krys

Like I said yesterday, the Vampire Kisses books by Ellen Schreiber are light... able to finish in two + hours kind of light. But in a good, Gothy, pulpy, YA kind of way. I'm still enjoying them, though they are very much candy books.

In Kissing Coffins Raven is heartbroken. She just found out that her Gothic Prince, Alexander, is actually a Vampire. Following the discovery he has disappeared and Raven progressed into an angsty riddled (more so than usual) teenager. She vows to find him. Tracking
Jordan M.
Apr 11, 2014 Jordan M. added it
Recommends it for: People who love Twilght
Even though I didn't read the first book, I thought this, as well as the other books, were spectacular! The way that there is romance and action I couldn't put the book down. Ellen Schreiber really did good with this book and this series.

*******SPOILER ALERT*******

Raven Madison just found out that her boyfriend, Alexander Sterling, is a vampire. But Raven isn't scared. She’s wanted to be a vampire since she was four years old. And she still wants to be one. She's wants to be turned by Alexande
Anita
Jul 26, 2010 Anita rated it it was ok
I really like Raven, really I do. I like Alexander more. I just feel like these books are lacking in maturity. Yes, I know, they are young adult books, perhaps even as young as 13, when I’m looking for the 15-18 type stuff. Maybe that is the main problem. Mostly, I feel like the book didn’t really go anywhere. Oh, there was a plot, a climax, and sort of a wrapping up (okay, maybe not a true wrap-up, but it is a series, and she wants to keep us reading), but to me it sort of just stayed flat-line ...more
Bex
Mar 14, 2010 Bex rated it liked it
I started reading Kissing Coffins as soon as I was done reading Vampire Kisses. It starts where the first book ends. Raven, the outcast goth girl, finds that her love, Alexander, has apperently vanished. She finds his family's mansion packed up and empty.
While racking her brain trying to find a reason for the disappearence, a clue to his location sends her to a whole new town. While there, we meet some very interesting characters including a not-so-helpful bartender, and a strangely attractive
Jenny Jo Weir
We're on a roll!

Book 2 did not disappoint! I'm a happy reader right now.

The story continues with Raven leaving town in search of ____, yeah...I'm not telling! Haha. The point is, she leaves only to return to town and ends up having to face new obstacles brought on by her trip.

I liked this book just as much as the first one and again appreciate the author keeps the story, short, sweet and to the point. I'm loving the fast pace she sets.

Nina Life of a Bookworm
Prva mi je stvarno bila fora, ali ova mi je nekako razocaranje. Nije bilo onog humora, vise manje pola knjige je bilo vezano uz potragu za Alexanderom.. Onda malo bezvezni zaplet... Onak, steta, lijepo je pocelo... Sutra cu vidjet sto ce bit s trecom knjigom.. Makar cisto sumnjam da ce bit dobra kao prva.
~Kate~
Mar 09, 2010 ~Kate~ rated it it was ok
this book is like the first one in the way it is a bit juvanille. i didnt like the way goth was practically used in every sentance as it got a bit repeatitive. there wasnt any real drama like other books usually have so that was a disappointment. there was parts that was actually good so maybe there is a bit of hope for the rest of the series!
Tita
Oct 02, 2008 Tita rated it really liked it
Recommended to Tita by: Cynthia
THIS BOOK IS KIND OF SIMILAR TO TWILIGHT!
BIT THIS IS THE 2ND BOOK PEOPLE! [: RAVEN IS A GIRL WHO IS LOOKING FOR HER VAMPIRE BOYFRIEND(ALEXANDER). AS SHE IS LOOKING FOR HIM SHE MEETS JAGGER A BAD VAMP. HE WANTS FOR HER TO BE WITH HIM FOR ETERNITY UNLESS ALEXANDER PREVENTS HIM FORM TAKING HER!
Chrystal
Raven, an outcast gothic teen, searches for Alexander, her boyfriend, whom she has discovered is a vampire. I really enjoyed this book. I thought this book was very well written and it kept you interested from the first page to the last.
Kimberley doruyter
just as much fun as the first time.
always a good inbetween series to read.
Devin
Apr 10, 2009 Devin rated it it was amazing
Shelves: can-read-again
Alexander is the new EDWARD!!!!!!
Kelly
Mar 02, 2016 Kelly rated it did not like it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Misunderstood goth girl goes gaga over mysterious goth vampire. How dull. How cliché. Can I give this a negative star?
Elisabeth Cushway
Even better than the first book! There's much more suspense and mystery in this one!
Melanie
Nov 30, 2010 Melanie rated it liked it
Another quick and fun read, its not a classic but it passes the time with likeable characters and good humour and even if i still think im to old for these books i'll read them anyway
Isabel Vélez
Apr 29, 2012 Isabel Vélez rated it liked it
The first book is definitely the best. But a still really enjoyed this book. Its corta filled with surprises.
vampire kisses the series 77 111 Aug 12, 2014 11:31PM
  • Girls That Growl (Blood Coven Vampire, #3)
  • Legacy (Vampire Beach, #4)
  • The Taste of Night (Dangerous Girls, #2)
  • Night Life (Vamps, #2)
  • Tenth Grade Bleeds (The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod, #3)
  • The Wedding of Antanasia Jessica Packwood and Lucius Valeriu Vladescu (Jessica, #1.5)
  • Eternal (Tantalize, #2)
  • Demon in My View (Den of Shadows, #2)
  • Feast of Fools (The Morganville Vampires, #4)
  • Got Fangs? (Ben and Fran, #1)
  • Love Sucks!
  • Braced to Bite (Half-Blood Vampires, #1)
  • Never Bite a Boy on the First Date
  • Still Sucks to Be Me: More All-True Confessions of Mina Hamilton Smith, Teen Vampire (Sucks to Be Me, #2)
Before I took pen to paper, I was an actress. I attended a local university majoring in theatre and spent a summer in London at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts where I learned about the “Old Bard” from amazingly talented teachers.

When I returned from London, I relocated to Chicago where I lived for five years. There, I graduated from the Second City Training Center and performed improv, Shakes
More about Ellen Schreiber...

Vampire Kisses (9 books)
  • Vampire Kisses (Vampire Kisses, #1)
  • Vampireville (Vampire Kisses, #3)
  • Dance with a Vampire (Vampire Kisses, #4)
  • The Coffin Club (Vampire Kisses, #5)
  • Royal Blood (Vampire Kisses, #6)
  • Love Bites (Vampire Kisses, #7)
  • Cryptic Cravings (Vampire Kisses, #8)
  • Immortal Hearts (Vampire Kisses, #9)

“I always felt sorry for humans, spending so much time in front of the mirror. Fixing their hair, makeup, and clothes, mostly to impress others. Did they really see themselves in the mirror? Was it what they wanted to see? Did it make them feel good or bad? And mostly I wondered if they based their self-image on their reflected one.” 67 likes
“It was the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen. How the artist captured the light, the details of my mother's dimples, the joy in my father's eyes, all through gentle strokes from his palette. The artist made me look alive when I felt lonely and grim inside. That's the way this man saw me. I decided then that that's what I wanted to do” 31 likes