Start by marking “The Vampire's Kiss” as Want to Read:

3.7  ·  Rating Details ·  1,082 Ratings  ·  47 Reviews
An ancient evil.

An unholy alliance.

An eternal love.

William Dark is a monster--a vampire who feeds on blood and fear.

He is exactly what Savannah Daniels needs.

A year ago, Savannah's twin brother and his wife were brutally murdered. Savannah swore a vow of vengeance against the man, the beast, that killed them. A beast that is now after her. And the only way to stop him
Published March 9th 2005 by Imajinn Books

Kirsten Brown
Apr 11, 2010 Kirsten Brown rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Romance Addicts, Vampire Groupies, Paranormal Obsessives
Savannah Daniels needs to die in order to execute vengeance against the monster that murdered her brother and his wife. Enter William Dark, a vampire who promises eternity and revenge in exchange for her company... for eternity.

For me, this is the quintessential Vampire Romance. It has everything that a good vampire novel should have.

After the wake of such Vampire pop culture as Buffy and Twilight, vampires tend to have a soul. They fill pages and pages feeling guilty about what they've done an
Jess the Romanceaholic
Larissa
Mar 14, 2014 Larissa rated it really liked it
Imagine, yes, this young girl who had a sibling murdered by a vampire, and this same girl had spent almost a whole decade in a hospital fighting to survive — when there’s not even a small light at the end, and a diary of a vampire to pass the time — one also holding the only answer she can find to what she’s been through. Intense, right?

To get what she wants, however, she needs a vampire — and a very hot secretive vampire, for that matter—, and SURE, blackmail him into turning her. Ha! Smart mo
Laura the Highland Hussy
I liked it a lot, really enjoyed the plot...was a bit slow in the middle, but the suspense was good (Cynthia Eden always does a great job with her Romantic Suspenses)
The ending had a bit of an unexpected turn, which was cool.
A short read, although it's a full-length book.

Savannah wants to become a vampire to avenge her twin brother's death. She blackmails a vampire named William to turn her, but he...refuses.

Meanwhile she's dying of a brain tumor and there's a PI who says that he was h
Indira Adams
Nov 04, 2010 Indira Adams rated it did not like it
Gosh. I had to stop this read. I got to like page 20 and it was so boring. I can't explain it but it's missing something...that spark that a good book needs. I was debating whether I should continue reading it but after reading other reviews I realized that I better not. I'm just glad that's over...I'll go read something worth my time. I don't know what, but this book was missing something.
Monty Cupcake ☠ Queen of Bloodshed ☠
Usually I love Cynthia Eden's books, but sadly I nodded off while reading this one. It was missing the fun spark that's in her other books; no humor. And I wasn't a fan of the mythos for the vampires - their eyes glow red, & the rest is the same as Christine Feehan's Carpathian series - shape shifting, turning to mist, telepathic, telekinetic, 3 bites + blood exchange to convert a person.
Ilze
Aug 01, 2016 Melisa rated it liked it
3.5 estrellas
Kazen
Mar 05, 2017 Kazen marked it as abandoned  ·  review of another edition
A collection of the most annoying vampire tropes (instalust, alpha-hole hero) along with some others thrown in for good measure (six months to live). Sigh. Moving on.
Starry
★¸. • * ° * ༺*Blanka*༺*°°*•.¸. ♥★
An ancient evil. An unholy alliance. An eternal love. William Dark is a monster-a vampire who feeds on blood and fear. He is exactly what Savannah Daniels needs. A year ago, Savannah's twin brother and his wife were brutally murdered. Savannah swore a vow of vengeance against the man, the beast, that killed him. A beast that is now after her. Savannah needs William's help in order to keep her vow. She must convince him to transform her, to give her the kiss of the vampire, so that she will be st ...more
Hilda
Jan 24, 2010 Hilda rated it it was ok
Shelves: vampire
Must say that I like the quotes.

The evil grows. I can feel its dark touch.
September 2, 1068

Like a child, I fear the darkness.
September 8, 1068

My brother shares my secret, my torment.
He will walk with me in the shadows, past the angels and past the devils.
He will walk with me through eternity.
October 31, 1068

There is a price for the gift. A terrible price.
-Entry from th
Malena
Jul 28, 2010 Malena rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
From the first page I could not drop the book. I started to read the book not expecting much. I was completely surprised. Throughout the book intertwines strong emotions: anger, pain, passion, love ... Plot is also excellent and slowly developed through the book, until the very end. The characters in the book are presented very real. William is shown as a real vampire. With all the positive and negative sides of vampires. He is presented as a beast that from the beginning to the end of the book ...more
Mey Saephanh-cresci
pretty good

it was good, not too dark. I might read the next book if there is one. I love to read any vampire.
Fairyblood
Savannah needed to find justice for her brother's murder and only William could help her. This was an endearing story of two people that knew pain and heartbreak. It was a relationship that started out as a means for vengence, but found so much more.

I found the story captivating as we learned snippets of William's history through his brother's diary that Savannah found. From there she deduced that William was a vampire and was the only one who could help her. Little did William know that he nee
Nadine kowalski
Nov 23, 2014 Nadine kowalski rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The vampire's kiss

This book is everything I have ever wanted in a vampire romance. It is by far the best book I have ever read and I have read thousands. I have been waiting for a story just like this it's the perfect one match what I always wanted to read I can't explain it. Except to say it's how I have always wanted to but into words what is in my mind about the perfect vampire romance book.. I'm probably not making much sense but I'm sure there are a few out there that understand what I'm tr
Susan
Jun 02, 2011 Susan rated it it was amazing
This is the sweetest little vampire book ever, although i dont like the concept of how the vampires turn to stone when they sleep and cannot be woken...that just is a no, no for me (personally i still think i am in love with the sparkly Edward Cullen type vampire) so probably best not to take much notice of my dislike but the book is a good easy read, loved it. i would definitely recommend.
Lynne weir
This story was surprisingly sweet and gentle, well when it comes to the two main characters athough the sex I must say is the complete opposite but in a good way. There was also a good plot to move the story along and when you first meet the vampire, goosebumps. He's that dark, scary and damn sexy. sigh... Anyway a fun and interesting read which I greatly enjoyed.
Jackie
Dec 08, 2015 Jackie rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book more than, the Purgatory series, since I like a more classic vampire romance than one that feels like I am watching one of those Underworld movies. The setting just draws you in, and I can imagine a gothic Victorian house that William lives in! Over all a sweet romance with a story.
Geena
May 13, 2015 Geena rated it liked it
it's a good book and a good storyline but

1. It was very predictable, the most typical vampire storyline you can think of. I saw the ending before i even finished it.

2. I wasn't attached to the characters, i feel for them but nothing really pulled me in. They were good characters but nothing special.

3. It wasn't a bad book, just average.
DemetraP
Jan 16, 2015 DemetraP rated it did not like it
Did not finish book. I couldn't get into it. The heroine has brain cancer and the hero is all "woe is me" my life is so sad. Then the heroine lets a complete stranger into her hotel room who turns out to be a private investigator. I can't handle too stupid to live heroines.
Renee
Oct 27, 2012 Renee rated it really liked it
This book had a refreshing twist for a heroine. I loved William Dark. Nice and short books make great time grabbers when you need a quick fix. Cynthia is one of my faves. On to the next juicy hunting. Fangs out books open!
Julie
Jul 05, 2010 Julie rated it liked it
So-so vampire story of dying girl that begs a handsome vampire to turn her into one so she can avenge her brother's death - by a vampire. I don't know why I wanted to read this, it was dull and fortunately short.

Kerry
May 10, 2009 Kerry rated it liked it
A good vampire story, with a little bit of heat thrown onto it. This is the first book i've read by Cynthis Eden and i hope to find more to read by this auther to see what else she hsa put pout there!
Gia
Feb 12, 2011 Gia rated it liked it
Don't know if i really thought this book was particularly good, felt like something was missing in the story. Regardless I had to finish it in one reading so I'd guess it means I liked it on some level, with that in mind I'll give it 3 stars instead of the 2 I was leaning towards.
Deborah
Jun 07, 2011 Deborah rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
This was the first book I read of Cynthia Eden's.

I loved it so much that I couldn't put it down, the passion between the main characters was wonderful.

Ever since reading this one I've been following all of Eden's books.

My next favourite is Immortal Danger.

Jordan Summers
Sep 08, 2012 Jordan Summers rated it it was amazing
I believe this was one of Cynthia Eden's first books. I'm a sucker for vampire romances and really liked this one. The heroine presents the hero with a unique dilemma. It was fun seeing how they'd overcome their problems.
Jessica Mooney
Jun 28, 2011 Jessica Mooney rated it it was amazing
this book amazing descicribe i love these two character. I so want sequel with these two.
Karen Desmond
Nov 02, 2011 Karen Desmond rated it really liked it
Rori
Nov 09, 2015 Rori rated it liked it
Well--obviously not award winning literature-but a fun, entertaining and sexy read nonetheless. :)
  • Deal with the Devil
  • Crazy
  • The Billionaire's Elusive Lover
  • The Dark God's Bride Trilogy (The Dark God's Bride, #3)
  • Mine
  • Mistaken Identity
  • Awakening
  • Samael (Fallen Angel, #4)
  • Dead Perfect
  • The Fallen Greek Bride / At the Greek Boss's Bidding
  • Wedding Night With A Stranger (Presents Extra)
  • Marriage Made on Paper (Forrester, #1)
  • Blood Secrets (Alexandra Sabian, #2)
  • Aristides' Convenient Wife  (A Mediterranean Marriage #9)
  • Resurrection (Scions, #1)
  • Captured by the Sheikh (Rivals to the Crown of Kadar #1)
  • The Demon Duke and I (Duke of Brimstine, #1)
  • The Spaniard's Defiant Virgin (Modern Romance, #711)
Award-winning author Cynthia Eden writes dark tales of paranormal romance and romantic suspense. She is a New York Times, USA Today, Digital Book World, and IndieReader best-seller. Cynthia is also a three-time finalist for the prestigious RITA® award. Since she began writing full-time in 2005, Cynthia has written over eighty novels and novellas.

Cynthia lives along the Alabama Gulf Coast. She love
More about Cynthia Eden...

“Like a child, I fear the darkness” 5 likes