The Vampire's Kiss

The Vampire's Kiss

3.69 of 5 stars 3.69  ·  rating details  ·  600 ratings  ·  34 reviews
An ancient evil. An unholy alliance. An eternal love. William Dark is a monster-a vampire who feeds on blood and fear. He is exactly what Savannah Daniels needs. A year ago, Savannah's twin brother and his wife were brutally murdered. Savannah swore a vow of vengeance against the man, the beast, that killed him. A beast that is now after her. Savannah needs William's help...more
Published March 9th 2005 by ImaJinn Books

Angel of Death by Karen DalesVampire Vacation by C.J. EllissonAn Angels Ascent by Christina WorrellChangeling by Karen DalesThe Hunt by C.J. Ellisson
Best Vampire Books from "New" Authors
102nd out of 705 books — 1,322 voters
Spirit Bound by Richelle MeadPerfect Chemistry by Simone ElkelesRules of Attraction by Simone ElkelesSea by Heidi R. KlingChain Reaction by Simone Elkeles
Kiss the Cover!
51st out of 219 books — 345 voters

More lists with this book...

Jess the Romanceaholic
Laura the Highland Hussy
I liked it a lot, really enjoyed the plot...was a bit slow in the middle, but the suspense was good (Cynthia Eden always does a great job with her Romantic Suspenses)
The ending had a bit of an unexpected turn, which was cool.
A short read, although it's a full-length book.

Savannah wants to become a vampire to avenge her twin brother's death. She blackmails a vampire named William to turn her, but he...refuses.

Meanwhile she's dying of a brain tumor and there's a PI who says that he was h...more
Larissa
Imagine, yes, this young girl who had a sibling murdered by a vampire, and this same girl had spent almost a whole decade in a hospital fighting to survive — when there’s not even a small light at the end, and a diary of a vampire to pass the time — one also holding the only answer she can find to what she’s been through. Intense, right?

To get what she wants, however, she needs a vampire — and a very hot secretive vampire, for that matter—, and SURE, blackmail him into turning her. Ha! Smart mo...more
Kirsten Brown
i have read this book so many times. when ever i'm in danger of reading a bad book, i return to this to 'renew' my faith in good books!! amazing.The characters are great. william dark is the best vampire. he doesnt seem to have as much of a conscience that other vamp hero's seem to have. at first he's worried that he will damage her soul, but then decides he rerally doesn't care. A fresh change to the vampire myth..
Indira Adams
Gosh. I had to stop this read. I got to like page 20 and it was so boring. I can't explain it but it's missing something...that spark that a good book needs. I was debating whether I should continue reading it but after reading other reviews I realized that I better not. I'm just glad that's over...I'll go read something worth my time. I don't know what, but this book was missing something.
Hilda
Must say that I like the quotes.

The evil grows. I can feel its dark touch.
September 2, 1068

Like a child, I fear the darkness.
September 8, 1068

My brother shares my secret, my torment.
He will walk with me in the shadows, past the angels and past the devils.
He will walk with me through eternity.
October 31, 1068

There is a price for the gift. A terrible price.
-Entry from th...more
Starry
Malena
From the first page I could not drop the book. I started to read the book not expecting much. I was completely surprised. Throughout the book intertwines strong emotions: anger, pain, passion, love ... Plot is also excellent and slowly developed through the book, until the very end. The characters in the book are presented very real. William is shown as a real vampire. With all the positive and negative sides of vampires. He is presented as a beast that from the beginning to the end of the book...more
Fairyblood
Savannah needed to find justice for her brother's murder and only William could help her. This was an endearing story of two people that knew pain and heartbreak. It was a relationship that started out as a means for vengence, but found so much more.

I found the story captivating as we learned snippets of William's history through his brother's diary that Savannah found. From there she deduced that William was a vampire and was the only one who could help her. Little did William know that he nee...more
Susan
This is the sweetest little vampire book ever, although i dont like the concept of how the vampires turn to stone when they sleep and cannot be woken...that just is a no, no for me (personally i still think i am in love with the sparkly Edward Cullen type vampire) so probably best not to take much notice of my dislike but the book is a good easy read, loved it. i would definitely recommend.
Lynne weir
This story was surprisingly sweet and gentle, well when it comes to the two main characters athough the sex I must say is the complete opposite but in a good way. There was also a good plot to move the story along and when you first meet the vampire, goosebumps. He's that dark, scary and damn sexy. sigh... Anyway a fun and interesting read which I greatly enjoyed.
Julie
So-so vampire story of dying girl that begs a handsome vampire to turn her into one so she can avenge her brother's death - by a vampire. I don't know why I wanted to read this, it was dull and fortunately short.

Gia
Don't know if i really thought this book was particularly good, felt like something was missing in the story. Regardless I had to finish it in one reading so I'd guess it means I liked it on some level, with that in mind I'll give it 3 stars instead of the 2 I was leaning towards.
Deborah
Jun 07, 2011 Deborah rated it 5 of 5 stars Recommends it for: Everyone
This was the first book I read of Cynthia Eden's.

I loved it so much that I couldn't put it down, the passion between the main characters was wonderful.

Ever since reading this one I've been following all of Eden's books.

My next favourite is Immortal Danger.

Jordan Summers
I believe this was one of Cynthia Eden's first books. I'm a sucker for vampire romances and really liked this one. The heroine presents the hero with a unique dilemma. It was fun seeing how they'd overcome their problems.
Renee
This book had a refreshing twist for a heroine. I loved William Dark. Nice and short books make great time grabbers when you need a quick fix. Cynthia is one of my faves. On to the next juicy hunting. Fangs out books open!
Kerry
A good vampire story, with a little bit of heat thrown onto it. This is the first book i've read by Cynthis Eden and i hope to find more to read by this auther to see what else she hsa put pout there!
Anna
Great, quick read. I really enjoyed the rather dark story of William Dark. I wasn't that impressed by Cynthia Eden, though, until the last page - the epilogue... I almost cried.
Dani
I love how it was the perfect balance of romance... it's not a YA book but it wasn't vulgar either. William and Savannah are great characters. Awesome book!!!
ToddAn
i liked the vampire's kiss. strong hero offset by strong heroine. quite a few twists thrown in for good measure. looking forward to the next one.
Ally
Interesting story but felt it lagged at times and needed a bit more action compared to some of Ms Eden's other works.
Jacqueline
I absolutely loved this book. It was very sensual and i can never get over my love for hot sexy vampires! Yum lol
Jessica  `~Blahyze~`
It is a must read or anything. The characters were okay, but it just wasn't my kind of book.
Jessica Mooney
this book amazing descicribe i love these two character. I so want sequel with these two.
Cindyg
Good read, more 3 1/2 stars then four. It is fast paced and the characters are likeable.
Jodi
This book grabbed me from beginning to end! LOVED IT! IT ROCKED!!
Twilla
Light reading, interesting and easy to read.
Angel Ruess
As usual I couldn't put it down!
Akeja Morris
Oct 25, 2010 Akeja Morris marked it as to-read
i wish to read this book
  • Deal with the Devil
  • Awakening
  • The Dark God's Bride (The Dark God's Bride, #2)
  • Marriage Made on Paper
  • Mine
  • Crazy, Vampire Love
  • Aristides' Convenient Wife (Mediterranean Marriage) (Harlequin Presents, #2630)
  • Scions: Resurrection (Scions, #1)
  • Blood Secrets (Alexandra Sabian, #2)
  • The Greek Tycoon's Unexpected Wife (In the Greek Tycoon's Bed) (Harlequin Presents Extra, #6)
  • Death's Sweet Embrace (Dark Brethren #2)
  • Dead Perfect
  • The Dimitrakos Proposition
  • The Merciless Travis Wilde (The Wilde Brothers, #3)
  • The Shattered Sylph (Sylph, #2)
  • Lucien (Manipulating The Masters #1)
  • Shadow of the Vampire
  • A Passionate Marriage
New York Times and USA Today best-selling author Cynthia Eden has written over thirty novels and novellas. She was named as a 2013 RITA® finalist for her paranormal romance, ANGEL IN CHAINS, and, in 2011, Cynthia Eden was a RITA finalist for her romantic suspense, DEADLY FEAR.

Cynthia is a southern girl who loves horror movies, chocolate, and happy endings. She has always wanted to write (don't mos...more
More about Cynthia Eden...
Hotter After Midnight (Midnight, #1) Bound By Blood (Bound, #1) Deadly Fear (Deadly, #1) Eternal Hunter (Night Watch, #1) Mine to Take (Mine, #1)

“Like a child, I fear the darkness” 2 likes