Start by marking “Single White Vampire (Argeneau #3)” as Want to Read:
Single White Vampire (Argeneau #3)

Single White Vampire (Argeneau #3)

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  14,381 ratings  ·  550 reviews
Paperback, Love Spell, 376 pages
Published September 1st 2003 by Dorchester Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Single White Vampire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Single White Vampire

Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene FrostUndead and Unwed by MaryJanice DavidsonOne Foot in the Grave by Jeaniene FrostFirst Grave on the Right by Darynda JonesDestined for an Early Grave by Jeaniene Frost
Best Funny Paranormal Romances
23rd out of 515 books — 1,021 voters
Undead and Unwed by MaryJanice DavidsonDead Until Dark by Charlaine HarrisDead to the World by Charlaine HarrisNobody Loves a Bigfoot Like a Bigfoot Babe by Simon OkillNice Girls Don't Have Fangs by Molly Harper
Humorous Paranormal Books
28th out of 1,004 books — 1,506 voters

More lists with this book...

DarienMoya
NO LONGER SINGLE!!!

I love, love and love this book. By far the funniest of the series and my second favourite. No matter how awesome Lucern is he doesn’t shine like my Thomas, read the series and you will know what I am talking about.

Lucern Argeneau is the oldest of the Argeneau children so that makes him a little over six hundred 612 to be exact, he’s an old vampire. Bored with life he keeps himself in solitude, because once you are that old you have seen it all. He is also a scholar and distin
Third book in the series and I am still addicted. The Argeneau of focus in this one was Lucern and he played the role of the curmudgeonly old vamp (over 600 years old) who was growing tired of life. Enter his editor - Kate C Leever. Kate took over "handling" Luc when his old editor died of a heart attack. Growing increasingly annoyed at his lack of communication she finally - in a desperate bid - flew to his house in Toronto to make him commit to an interview or a book tour or just to giving her ...more
Kyle, E
May 14, 2012 Kyle, E rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: People looking for romance without action
I found the plot incredibly predictable, the characters weren't very interesting and lacked any real depth and nothing really happened in the story. The entire book solely revolved around their relationship which had really obvious directionality. There were a few very funny moments in the middle like when Luc is trying to find condoms and can't think clearly because all the blood is being rerouted from his head. I was laughing my ass off at that, but that is the only real moment in the book tha ...more
Stephanie
It's a good thing that this is an old series and I have all of the books so far, because the way the author ends the books STINKS!!! It just ends. Blah, blah, blah The End. Uggggg why do they do this, we need a little closure. Now the next book picks up right where this one leaves off, but ending a book this way is just "dirty pool".

This story was very good, even though Kate was so annoying and too Type A, right up to the last chapter. It just fell apart. It was as if the author was at her word
Natasha
I think I enjoyed this book even more than the first. And I really enjoyed the first. I always go for books with mysterious male vampires who need to be woke up by a woman! haha. I really like how Sands writes and how each installment in the series is telling the story of each family member in the Argneau family. Lucian was this stories family member and I loved him. Lucern is a famous paranormal romance novelist. The funny thing is, he isn’t writing fiction at all. He's pretty much a hermit. Hi ...more
Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog)
3.5 Stars

Lucern Argeneau just wants to be left alone; however, he just can't seem to get rid of his new editor Kate C Leever who keeps hounding him to do some publicity for his new books. Kate takes up residence in his house and seems like she will not leave until he agrees to do something, then the worst happens, his very determined mother gets involved and decides to do a little matchmaking. But the more he is in her company the more he realizes maybe he doesn't mind having her around at all.

I
t'irla ~The Bookslayer~ t'irla's Talk Book Blog
Ok, so the series is getting a bit better.

Description:

SWM - "Lucern." Successful biographer of family, books recently categorized as "paranormal romance." Something of a recluse. Hates crowds, aggressive women. Doesn't like sunbathing, garlicky dinners or religious symbols. Likes old-fashioned values; spicy Mexican dishes; warm, nice-smelling neck; and plump red lips. Stronger than ten men and can vanish in the blink of an eye. Currently unaware he's seeking a woman to share eternity.

SWF - "Kate
Mary Abshire
Great start. Luc's favorite word..."no"
I have to admit this series is growing on me. Each book has gotten better. I'm really enjoying this one!

The RT convention... great story. Loving the codpiece issue. Hilarious! This couple is truly great together.

This was a fun read. Love the characters and the conflict. Highly recommend this one!
Dianne
This is the first book I had every read by Lynsay Sands, and it certainly wasn't the last one. The first time I read it I thought it was the funniest book since sliced bread and ran out to buy whatever else of hers I could put my hands on.

I just finished re-reading it and find myself thinking that it didn't quite stand up to the test of time, but that if I were a first time reader I would love this book. If you are tired of the dark, broody, 'I should not be allowed to live' type vampire, you wi
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
I just finished this book and I have to say it was the funniest and cutest of the series so far, which is why I'm giving it 5 stars.

Lucerne is 600+ years old, and a bit of a grumpy old man. He's become a paranormal romance writer by writing the stories of his sister Luciana meeting and marrying Greg and his brother Etienne meeting and marrying Rachel. They are promoted as paranormal vampire stories, go figure!

He now has a new editor, Kate C Leever. He's never met her, but she's been writing to h
Amanda
umm not my favorite. the book conference angle was kinda boring to me,seeing as they were hardly ever romantically involved and when they were it was almost by accident and not really cuz they both wanted to be. and the condom incident and the cod piece incident were cheesy and drawn out. also lucern was way too gruff and broodish and kate was pretty dumb, especially when she thought smoking pot was called a debbie. geeshh. otherwise i liked it because the other books so far in the series have g ...more
Red Iza
Reviewed for http://redhiddenalcove.blogspot.fr

I have trouble with this series. It's funny but not all the time, I like it, but not adore it, yet I can't seem to let it go. Everytime I tell myself "this is the last one", there's something in it that keeps me coming back for more. Single white vampire was no exception.
Lucern Argeneau is a 612 year-old vampire. He's seen it all and is growing tired of life, communicates less and less with the world in general and his family in particular.
"He had a
Renee
A bestselling author of paranormal romances who's a reclusive male vampire? A driven female editor who's about to be unemployed if she doesn't get Mr. Reclusive on some kind of in-person promotional gig. Lucern can't believe when his family - mostly his MOTHER - takes Kate's side. In desperation, he agrees to something called RT. He looked it up. Romantic Times. One interview with a magazine, and everyone goes away happy. Especially him. Kate goes away happy and still gainfully employed, and he ...more
Viohlet
Rebecca
Lynsay absolutely rocks with her new series about a dysfunctional vampire family! I won't go into the plot line
too heavy because you need to experience all the surprises
and delights yourself.
A mother, two sons and a daughter (and more relatives to come hopefully) face the every day struggles of vampire existence in the 21st Century. In this tale, originally called Lucern, we meet Lucern Argeneau, the first son.
He is a four hundred year old vampire, getting by in the dreary world by writing c
Emily
Kate C. Leever has had difficult clients before, but Lucern Argeneau takes the the meaning difficult to a new level. Sending letters requesting Lucern to consider book signings, tours, and events to help promote his popular vampire novels have all ended with a curt "No", not willing to give up Kate finds herself on Lucern's doorstop and does not plan to leave until he agrees.

Lucern has never met a more determined female than Kate, nor has he ever met a woman who completely keeps surprising him
Georgina
Another 2 and a half but not as bad as some I've rated 2 stars, so it got a 3.

In my opinion, Single White Vampire rates somewhere between The Rogue Vampire and Love Bites. Perhaps I'm growing weary of paranormal romance in general. It's been a while since I've read a story with substance in this genre, which is a shame because the potential for well-developed, intelligent, complex characters and fantastic storylines is there for the taking. Maybe the demand is overwhelmingly for the characters t
Cathy
This review is from my 2nd reading of the book.

I still loved it the 2nd time around. It was even funnier than the first 2 in the series, with lots of laugh out loud moments. The romance continues to be sweet and sexy. This is my favorite romance series, and it held up on the 2nd reading. Sure, the inconsistencies are occasionally annoying. In some of the books Lucern has always eaten to keep up his body weight as a former warrior, in others he hasn't eaten food for hundreds of years. Bastien's a
Dean MacKinnon-Thomson
1/5

Is this young adult fiction or just extremely poor adult vamp romance? I spent the whole read up till the 50% mark wondering this, before realising I didn't care.

Plot: Irritatingly enough, the initial premise was humorous, funny with much potential. Yet much in the way of plot opportunities have been sacrificed in favour of inane insights into the protagonist Lucern mind.

Characterisation: shocking. It basically doesn't exist in any meaningful fashion at all. Lucern is a misogynist, unrepentan
Bark's Book Nonsense
This was a fun filled read but it sort of lagged in the middle when the heroine took her romance writing vampire hero to a Romantic Times convention. There were lots of insider jokes that I semi got because I subscribed to the RT mag for ages but readers unfamiliar with RT might be a little lost. The heroine behaved like a brainless nitwit until the book ended but the hero was a great change of pace. Very little brooding and lots of sex appeal. Overall a very average but not quite "meh" read.
Corrine
Apr 15, 2009 Corrine rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of paranormal lite.
This book is definitely paranormal lite with all of Lynsay Sands' trademark silly and slapstick humor. I enjoyed it for the most part, although I wish I had read the first two books prior to reading this one. There were some major eye-rolling moments, such as the heroine being so naive that she called a joint a "debbie". But this is a very different take on the origin of vampires than any that I've seen so far, and I really felt that the relationship between Luc and Kate was a sweet one. B-
Cassie
Can I give a book a lower rating just because I don't like the author's take on vampirism?!? Ok, I do know vampires really aren't real... but saying they are Atlantians who developed nanos that live in their bodies and feed off of their blood (which is why they need to consume blood to survive...)

That annoyed me!!! I couldn't get over it.... the story wasn't too bad, but that part - I guess it's a different take, but still... talk about going all out fantasy!
Cheryl
Didn't finish it.... her vampire series was just so bad... there is just nothing more painful humorous writing that just isn't funny. Brrr. ugh. her books weren't even good category romance writing... further the whole bit in her books about mentioning Kathryn Falk gave me the impression Sands was just brown-nosing the romance who's who. ugh. don't waste your money or time.
Phoebebb
I'm not into romance novels and this book struck me as a romance novel in disguise. Don't get me wrong I don't mind romance in a book, but I don't like when it's the main story. This is your typical romance story so if you're into sappy then this is the book for you, but if you're not then I would suggest you look elsewhere.
Alice
3 stars~

I have to admit that, this book was funny!
Lucern and Kate are my favorite♪

Short review:
The writing: Funny, better than the 2nd book. (3,5 stars)

The character: Hilarious! I liked Lucern and Kate! Lucern was very awkward, annoying but sweet~ And Kate, she was a persistent woman, who always work hard to get a good achievement, in this case, Lucern. They were so funny, charming and hot! (3 - 3,5 stars)

The story and plot: The third book of Argeneau was hilarious and hot as hell~But I don't fe
Brenda (b)
My one complaint is that Kate accepted that Lucern was a vampire too easily. Otherwise, it's another amusing Argeneau tale. I really enjoyed that this one was fun and light. It's a nice change to read about vampires that aren't always surrounded by gloom and doom.

Alyssa
I really enjoyed the book. I probably was giggling half the time while I was reading. Some of the situations that the characters ended up in were pretty hilarious. I just felt kind of happy when I was done with the book. I'm already ready for the next one.
Tilequa
I also love this book by lynsay sands, i think the title is kind of funny!!!!!! I think this is the 5th book i read by her. I love lucern!!!!!!
Kathy Reed
It's only a little nibble!!

The Argeneau Family have been a favorite of mine for some time. It has always intrigued me on how hard the men are working so hard to stay single I've mostly read about the males of the family so I'm not sure in what way the women of the family want or need mates that's my next couple books will be. But I must say that this one has been a joy to read it only took a few hours, the plot kept me quite riveted.
I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys vampires with
Deborah Ideiosepius
Dec 30, 2013 Deborah Ideiosepius rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Uncritical fans of the American romance supernatural genera
Shelves: supernatural

Single white Vampire is very, very, clearly a 'series' romance-comedy-supernatural book. Oldest brother in a vampire family is an author who writes supposed fiction books based on the romances of his parents, brother and sister as they all find partners (they don't quite sparkle in the sunlight, but are still good upstanding American citizens). The other main character is, of course the romantic interest; a sexy single young editor who believes her dream job is in danger if she does not coerce t
Do you feel this is a new take about how vampires came to be? 6 36 Feb 22, 2014 10:01AM
great historical romance 26 85 Apr 12, 2013 01:19AM
Goodreads Librari...: Please add Narrator 3 151 Jan 04, 2013 01:16PM
  • The Undead Next Door (Love at Stake, #4)
  • Sex, Lies and Vampires (Dark Ones, #3)
  • I Thirst for You (Primes, #2)
  • I Only Have Fangs for You (Young Brothers, #3)
  • Highland Thirst (MacNachton Vampires, #4)
  • Taken by the Night (Brotherhood of Blood, #3)
  • Sucker Bet (Vegas Vampires, #4)
LYNSAY SANDS is the nationally bestselling author who is known for her hysterical historicals as well as the popular Argeneau/Rogue Hunter vampire series. With her witty and charming personality, Sands describes books as, “Waking dreams or stories, tales to amuse, entertain and distract us from everyday life.” She’s been writing stories since grade school and considers herself incredibly lucky to ...more
More about Lynsay Sands...
A Quick Bite (Argeneau #1) Bite Me If You Can (Argeneau #6) A Bite to Remember (Argeneau #5) Vampire, Interrupted (Argeneau #9) Love Bites (Argeneau #2)

“Lucern felt himself "She called my erections wonderful?"
Entienne just gaped, then raised a fist to knock on his brother's forehead as if it were a door "Hello! Earth calling Luc! She thinks it's rigor mortis.”
62 likes
“ 'Dear Mr. Argeneau,'" she began. " 'I haven't read Love Bites, One, but I will, I guarantee it. I just finished Love Bites, Two, and thought it was wonderful. Etienne was so sweet and funny and sexy that I fell in love with him even as Rachel did. He's my dream man.'" Kate paused and glanced up expectantly. "What would you say to those letters?"
That was easy enough. "Etienne is taken."
-Kate and Lucern”