Full Bloom (Full Series, #5)

Full Bloom (Full #5)

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  10,508 ratings  ·  212 reviews
Dear listener,

The temperature�s on �sizzle� again in Beaumont, South Carolina, where peach trees are in season and ripe for the picking. So is its newest entrepreneur, Annie Fortenberry, who has inherited her grandmother�s B&B (and its eccentric handyman Erdle Thorney). According to a local psychic she also inherited a spirit from its glory days as a brothel�not the ki...more
Audio CD, 7 pages
Published April 5th 2005 by Brilliance Audio

To ask other readers questions about Full Bloom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Full Bloom

pianogal
Ugh...

Is this series over yet? It was bad enough that we've jumped characters once, but then she (they) did it again. Jamie and Max - who we know - were very peripheral to this story. All the main characters were new. (Ok Annie had BRIEF cameo in the last one, but that's it.) And worse still, I didn't like any of them. Nor was the story line worth anything. A wife wrongfully accused of murdering her husband? Gee, where have I heard that before?

I've only got one more to go and then I'm back to St...more
Stephanie Williams
I am an avid reader of Janet Evanovich. Her books never fail to have me actually laughing out loud wherever I'm reading.

If you're not familiar with Evanovich, most notably the author of the Stephanie Plum series, then I insist you go get one of her books and read it NOW. She is hilarious, and her books are loaded with antics, love triangles, and usually a lost body, or two. Lately, I have been in a slump while waiting for the next Stephanie Plum novel so I decided to take a look at some of her o...more
Cindy
Another fun installment in the "full" series - this one has Max and Jamie as peripheral characters. They are finally getting married and Annie's house is where they've selected to tie the knot. Annie's house was inherited from her grandmother and is now a bed-and-breakfast. She has a few eccentric older ladies living with her and a drunk handyman. Into her life walks Wes - totally handsome (who isn't in these stories) and slightly bad boy. He is a private investigator looking into the disappeara...more
Amanda
I didn't really know what I was getting into when I decided to read this. I think I figured this author was very popular and had a million books, so there had to be something good about it. This is not my style of book at all. The dialogue was lame, and the story was unbelievable and predictable all at the same time. It was supposed to be funny, but I found myself only laughing about the ridiculousness. I'm glad I can check this author off my curiosity list.

That being said, I hate giving an auth...more
Kelly
This book was a light read. The authors had a really good story line going and the plot had real potential. I liked the characters and was very interested in their conflict, however towards the end the story seemed rushed. The authors took a lot of time setting everything up and introducing us to the characters. The story leading up to the climax was very well written and kept me wondering what was going to happen next, but it disappointed me. It just seemed like they spent all this time on the...more
Ida
I began this novel as a result of having just completed a very intense, disturbing true crime novel. I needed the mind candy! "Full Bloom" delivered. It is a fun-filled romp for anyone who wants a quick lighthearted read. Eccentric characters in an eccentric setting dealing with everything-that-can-go-wrong events keep the pace rapid. This book is not going to win any literary awards, but it does entertain.
Sarina
The full series books are good too, but not as funny as the Stephanie Plum ones. These fall more into the "romance" type books. "Feel good, sappy, girl" books. Not as bad as an official "romance" novel, but definitely the focus is more on the relationships than the story.
Sandy
By far the worst book in the Full series. This time it's a different heroine and hero but it doesn't make it any better. The mystery, dialogue, and characters is lame and pathetic. I don't recommend or suggest this book to anyone. SKIP OVER THIS BOOK! 1/5 stars.
Denise
If you want a break from the Stephanie Plum series I would recommend the "Full" series. This was book number five (yes, I read it out of order) but can be read as a stand-alone. This is a romance/mystery and it had me guessing to the end as to "who dun it".
Pam Donato
Fun, light-hearted romance with some murder mystery and ghost story thrown in. The characters are very quirky and make for some hilarious scenes. It was a quick read.
Jeana
The Full Series is one of my favorite go to series for comedy and mayhem. I enjoyed these the first go round, and I appreciate them every time that I reread. Full Bloom is my favorite, and the first one I've bought digitally.

From the Cover:

Dear Reader,

Elizabeth Noah Astle
Connie
FULL BLOOM by Janet Evanovich and Charlotte Hughes is 344 pages in paperback form. This is #5 in The Jamie Swift and Max Holt Series.

Brief Descrption:

The temperature's on "sizzle" again in Beaumont, South Carolina, where peach trees are in season and ripe for the picking. So is its newest entrepreneur, Annie Fortenberry, who has inherited her grandmother's B&B (and its eccentric handyman Erdle Thorney). According to a local psychic she also inherited a spirit from its glory days as a brothel...more
Louise
A hysterically funny, wacky, fast moving story. Evanovich never disappoints!

From back cover:

"The temperature's on "sizzle" again in Beaumont, South Carolina, where peach trees are in season and ripe for the picking. So is its newest entrepreneur, Annie Fortenberry, who has inherited her grandmother's B&B (and its eccentric handyman Erdle Thorney). According to a local psychic she also inherited a spirit from its glory days as a brothel-not the kind of publicity the Peach Tree Bed & Break...more
Lyndsay
this was the 5th book in the Max Holt series. Max and Jamie are secondary characters in this story.

Annie lives in a old mansion that once upon a time was a brothel. She thinks her husband ran out on her 3 years ago. Surprise he is dead an burried in the back yard and now she is the #1 suspect. Her newest tenant turns out toe be a PI. but he believes she is innocent.

Okay the funniest bit in the whole story is Max and Jamies' wedding. Firs Deedee (maid of honor) goes into labor so her personal as...more
Marcia Adversalo
This series is a fun light-hearted series. I found moments where I laughed out loud and other times where I shook my head. Annie and Wes started off rough and coninued down that same path throughout the whole book, until the end where shockingly (or not) they ended up together. DeeDee is always an entertaining character and her being pregnant was hilarious! There was a good suspense, but the book did come to an abrupt ending leaving me wanting more.
Frank Cavanaugh
6 of 10 5/17/14 good read but it does not meet my expectations set by her prior books. It's not the writing. I think it's the characters which are good but not as vivid. The plot is good. A B&B proprietor whose husband is murdered by the efforts of three independent individuals and acts is unusual but it works and is certainly not tipped off early. I recommend the book as an easy afternoon read.
Laurel Horner
I liked the storyline of this one. Wish they would have found out about Charles's Boss and where he was since he was not out of town, I don't like it when they leave stuff open in a book, I would like closure on that. Interesting how 3 people ultimately lead to the cheater Charles's death, he totally deserved it though. Might have preferred him as a parapelegic though he might have deserved that as well. I know I am cold hearted just REALLY dislike cheaters.
Ashley
I could have chosen any number of better books from my mom's shelves when I was at home this weekend, but this one looked perfect for a two day read at home. I do love Janet Evanovich. I just have to shake my head at some of her books that don't involve Stephanie Plum and are co-written with friends. Who co-writes a romance novel?

In this classic literary tale, our heroine owns an antebellum whore house in the South that she inherited from her grandmother and turned into a bed and breakfast. The...more
Jackie
I enjoyed this book and laughed out loud at parts of it. I enjoyed how the authors brought back previous characters and continue the relationships. It would have been nice to have the engagement of Max and Jamie, but it was still a fun read. I look forward to reading the next one as well.
Tiffunee
New entrepreneur, Annie Fortenberry, has inherited her grandmother's B&B (and its eccentric handyman Erdle Thorney). According to a local psychic she also inherited a spirit from its glory days as a brothel - not the kind of publicity the Peach Tree Bed & Breakfast needs if its hosting millionaire Max Holt's upcoming wedding if rumors of a naughty, prank-playing ghost aren't stressful enough, a mysterious man has arrived with an eye on Annie and her master suite.

I love the quirky charac...more
Judy Collins
Not as good as Stephanie Series; however, enjoyed it! The temperature’s on “sizzle” again in Beaumont, South Carolina, where peach trees are in season and ripe for the picking. So is its newest entrepreneur, Annie Fortenberry, who has inherited her grandmother’s B&B (and its eccentric handyman Erdle Thorney). According to a local psychic she also inherited a spirit from its glory days as a brothel– not the kind of publicity the Peach Tree Bed & Breakfast needs if it’s hosting millionaire...more
Sally
I am having so much fun reading these old Evanovich stories. This one was especially fun with ghosts and an old bordello, not to mention of course, a HOT man.
Jan
From Janet Evanovich and Charlotte Hughes this falls into the screwball comedy mystery romance. Set in Beaumont, South Carolina Annie Fortenberry runs a bed and breakfast that has a rather eccentric decor which her grandmother dictated that she maintain. It all starts with her knocking out a potential customer, Wes Bridges, as she chases around her errant handyman.

As Wes claims a room the possible romance is off to a rocky start due to Annie's missing husband. The personalities at the B&B an...more
Amanda
I love the people of Beaumont, South Carolina. They feel like family through these books. Although Jaime and Max are my favorites and they were not prominent in this story, it was still a good book. Annie is a fun character and I loved her back story regarding her house and family. However I did have a bit of an issue with how quickly Wes and Annie got together, especially since they didn't have that much interaction throughout the book. It took Jaime and Max three books before they really hooke...more
PennyiSD
The bloom wilted

Full Bloom was my introduction to author Janet Evanovich. I found her prose juvenile, her dialog uninspired and her humor slapstick. The characters were mostly wacky caricatures, the sexual tension was asserted but not convincing and plot, if it ever sizzled, finally fizzled.

The reading level is upper-elementary/junior-high school, but the sexy atmosphere would not (I hope!) be appropriate for that age group. Events often seem improbable and the characters rarely act with logic o...more
Kate
This is one in a series of books by these two authors, but one that works as a single novel. It’s about the lightest murder mystery I’ve ever read – humorous and romantic. Taking place in a Mayberry RFD-type town in Georgia it is definitely rated G while playing at being risqué. Our heroine’s favorite exclamation is “Holy Cow!” It’s so cute it’s almost exasperating. It’s not the most clever, or best-written novel I’ve every read and the ending is quite jarringly thought provoking – a clunky atte...more
Mary Kenyon
I don't think I will try another Evanovich collaboration, just not up to her other stuff.
Caro
I really enjoyed this book and couldn't put it down. There was so much that happens and I couldn't wait to see what happened next or what else could pop up. I liked all the characters and definitely want to read the rest of the books in this series. I can't think of a thing I didn't like about this book and it's going to stay on my shelf. The humor, suspense, and day to day craziness was a great addition and you never really know what's going to happen next or what else can go wrong. This book m...more
Chris French
A different type of Janet E book but still quite entertaining.
Join in the discussions! 1 15 Apr 30, 2009 01:33PM
  • Nutcase (Crazy, #2)
  • Sofie Metropolis (Sofie Metropolis, #1)
  • Bubbles Ablaze (Bubbles Yablonsky, #3)
  • Summer Lovin' (Costas Sisters, #2)
  • It's All Greek to Me
  • The Plot Thickens
  • 6 Killer Bodies (Body Movers, #6)
  • Grave Consequences (An Emma Fielding Mystery #2)
  • Don't Look Down
  • Perfectly Plum: Unauthorized Essays On the Life, Loves And Other Disasters of Stephanie Plum, Trenton Bounty Hunter
  • Snipped in the Bud (A Flower Shop Mystery, #4)
More about Janet Evanovich...
One for the Money (Stephanie Plum, #1) Two for the Dough (Stephanie Plum, #2) Three to Get Deadly (Stephanie Plum, #3) Four to Score (Stephanie Plum, #4) Hot Six (Stephanie Plum, #6)