Start by marking “Dance of the Thunder Dogs” as Want to Read:
Dance of the Thunder Dogs

Dance of the Thunder Dogs (Emmett Parker and Anna Turnipseed #5)

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  111 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Wounded and estranged from his partner and love interest, Anna Turnipseed, Emmett Parker has come home after 13 years of federal law enforcement with the Bureau of Indian Affairs. At once a son of the Comanche and a government investigator, he has ties to both sides--and is about to discover which side pulls harder.
Published November 1st 2005 by Berkley (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Dance of the Thunder Dogs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dance of the Thunder Dogs

Karen Bales
I love the books in this series. Mystery with a Native American twist. I especially enjoyed this entry because we get to see Emmett Parker in Oklahoma where he grew up and learn about several relationships that began in childhood. We learn more about what makes this character tick.
Stephanie Mccalister
Kept me heavily invested in the story plot throughout, catching me by surprise at the end reveal!
Christine
One of the best ones I didn't figure who was the bad guy till the end. And for me that rarely happens!
Tom Gorski
Last in the group of books about Emmitt Parker and Anne Turnipseed. The latter is only refenced in this book and not active. I find it the best of the series...the villian is not identified until very late, the story lines merge well together and the insight into the Commanche nation is extremely interesting.
Edna Little Fish In Running Waters Spring
Another exciting book by Kirk Mitchell.
This one was just using Emmett Parker, Comanche, so I learned a lot MORE about the Comanches. I didn't know their Rez was in Oklahoma, I thought it was in Texas. I learned alot more about the Tribal Finances and it was even worse than I knew.
Jeff Dickison
Good book as a physically and mentally wounded Emmett Parker comes home to the rez only to be set up as a murderer in a money laundering scheme. Of course he is innoncent and catches the bad guys. Plenty of excitement and plot twists but I miss Turnipseed.
Jann
I liked it well enough, but it just isn't Tony Hillerman
Joggingt
I liked the story but thought it was a bit choppy
Abby
Where is Anna Turnipseed!?
SadieKate
Dark, complex and riveting
Ingrid457
Ingrid457 marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2015
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2015
Scott Robinson
Scott Robinson marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2015
Carolynn R
Carolynn R marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2015
Lkowalczyk
Lkowalczyk marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Diana
Diana marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2015
Tish
Tish added it
Dec 28, 2014
Bhargavi Kn
Bhargavi Kn marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
Janelle Fletscher
Janelle Fletscher marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Kirk Mitchell is an author who is known for his time travel, alternate history, historical fiction, and adventure fiction novels. Mitchell has also created several novelizations of movies.He writes under the pseudonym of Joel Norst

Kirk Mitchell served as a deputy sheriff on the Paiute- Shoshone Indian reservations of the desert country that includes Death Valley, and was a SWAT sergeant in souther
More about Kirk Mitchell...

Emmett Parker and Anna Turnipseed (5 books)
  • Cry Dance