Start by marking “Dance of the Thunder Dogs” as Want to Read:
Dance of the Thunder Dogs

Dance of the Thunder Dogs (Emmett Parker and Anna Turnipseed #5)

3.94  ·  Rating Details  ·  137 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Wounded and estranged from his partner and love interest, Anna Turnipseed, Emmett Parker has come home after 13 years of federal law enforcement with the Bureau of Indian Affairs. At once a son of the Comanche and a government investigator, he has ties to both sides--and is about to discover which side pulls harder.
Published November 1st 2005 by Berkley (first published 2004)

Karen Bales
Feb 07, 2011 Karen Bales rated it really liked it
I love the books in this series. Mystery with a Native American twist. I especially enjoyed this entry because we get to see Emmett Parker in Oklahoma where he grew up and learn about several relationships that began in childhood. We learn more about what makes this character tick.
Doris
May 25, 2016 Doris rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book brings Emmet as an investigator returning home to recover from his wounds, and to reconnect with his heritage.

While there, he meets with the President, previously a peer in law enforcement, and goes afoul of others in the community. He is framed, shot, betrayed, beaten, starved, and overall treated as a criminal with vile intent.

He does find help in unexpected places, and the story comes to a satisfactory conclusion with building new friendships.

Note - the main reason this did not ra
Jann
Aug 26, 2011 Jann rated it liked it
I liked it well enough, but it just isn't Tony Hillerman
Stephanie Mccalister
Kept me heavily invested in the story plot throughout, catching me by surprise at the end reveal!
Christine
Jan 13, 2015 Christine rated it really liked it
One of the best ones I didn't figure who was the bad guy till the end. And for me that rarely happens!
Renee
Nov 14, 2015 Renee rated it it was ok
Good mystery but too gory for my taste
Tom Gorski
Jul 19, 2012 Tom Gorski rated it really liked it
Last in the group of books about Emmitt Parker and Anne Turnipseed. The latter is only refenced in this book and not active. I find it the best of the series...the villian is not identified until very late, the story lines merge well together and the insight into the Commanche nation is extremely interesting.
Edna Little Fish In Running Waters Spring
Another exciting book by Kirk Mitchell.
This one was just using Emmett Parker, Comanche, so I learned a lot MORE about the Comanches. I didn't know their Rez was in Oklahoma, I thought it was in Texas. I learned alot more about the Tribal Finances and it was even worse than I knew.
Jeff Dickison
Aug 24, 2013 Jeff Dickison rated it really liked it
Good book as a physically and mentally wounded Emmett Parker comes home to the rez only to be set up as a murderer in a money laundering scheme. Of course he is innoncent and catches the bad guys. Plenty of excitement and plot twists but I miss Turnipseed.
Steve Payne
May 19, 2016 Steve Payne rated it liked it
This was a fast read. I liked this book in the series and didn't mind that Anna wasn't involved at all.
Joggingt
Dec 02, 2012 Joggingt rated it liked it
I liked the story but thought it was a bit choppy
Abby
Mar 04, 2014 Abby rated it really liked it
Where is Anna Turnipseed!?
SadieKate
Jan 20, 2008 SadieKate rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
Dark, complex and riveting
Julianne
Julianne marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2016
Desireé Watkins
Desireé Watkins rated it it was amazing
Jun 13, 2016
Angela
Angela rated it it was amazing
May 16, 2016
Susan Franchi
Susan Franchi rated it liked it
May 14, 2016
Lynne Robb
Lynne Robb is currently reading it
May 07, 2016
Sherri Thompson
Sherri Thompson marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2016
C. J.
C. J. rated it it was amazing
Apr 01, 2016
Terry
Terry added it
Mar 04, 2016
Paula M
Paula M marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2016
Carole
Carole marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2016
Stefan Clark
Stefan Clark marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2016
Ryan Werth
Ryan Werth marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2016
David E Branch
David E Branch rated it really liked it
Feb 01, 2016
Lara
Lara marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2016
  • Wife of Moon (Wind River Reservation, #10)
  • Coyote's Wife (Ella Clah, #13)
  • Shadow Man (Charlie Moon, #10)
Kirk Mitchell is an author who is known for his time travel, alternate history, historical fiction, and adventure fiction novels. Mitchell has also created several novelizations of movies.He writes under the pseudonym of Joel Norst

Kirk Mitchell served as a deputy sheriff on the Paiute- Shoshone Indian reservations of the desert country that includes Death Valley, and was a SWAT sergeant in souther
More about Kirk Mitchell...

Emmett Parker and Anna Turnipseed (5 books)
  • Cry Dance