Start by marking “Un baile con el diablo (Ángeles caídos, #2)” as Want to Read:
Un baile con el diablo (Ángeles caídos, #2)

Un baile con el diablo (Fallen Angels #2)

3.86  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,269 Ratings  ·  65 Reviews
La imagen que Lucien Fairchild ofrece ante la Cámara de los Lores o en los bailes de sociedad, no deja entrever su otro yo: ese lado oscuro y misterioso al que pocos tienen acceso. En ocasiones, el apodo que sus compañeros y amigos le pusieran en Eton, Lucifer, le hace más justicia que el título de Conde de Strathmore.

Ha finalizado la guerra, Napoleón se ha retirado pero l
Published November 1st 2000 by Titania (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Un baile con el diablo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Un baile con el diablo

Caz
Sep 15, 2014 Caz rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This audiobook has the unlikely distinction of being one of the worst narrations I've ever listened to. I've given it a D- for narration and B- for content at AudioGals, which I suppose I should technically round up to 2 stars, but seriously - the narration was so bad, I would hate for anyone to look at my rating and think it worth wasting money on!

Some of Mary Jo Putney’s books have been available in audio format for a number of years, but the author has recently begun self-publishing some of h
ARomanceLover
Aug 25, 2014 ARomanceLover rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When Lord Strathmore infiltrates the Hellion Club to find a French spy he continuously meets Kit who intriguingly is also investigating the group for her own purposes. They soon bond over their love of their sibling and their search for real intimacy.

When I first began this book it didn't catch my attention and I was reluctant to read it but after about page 50 I tore through it voraciously. The mystery really caught me up and I wanted to know Kit's past and find out what she was really up to.
Corrine
I finally get why people keep reading Mary Jo Putney! I loved this one, didn't want to put it down. I loved how Kit totally exposed a new side (or sides I should say) of herself to save her sister, and I love how befuddled and intrigued Lucien is by her. For the first time since I started the series, I can't wait to read the rest of the Fallen Angels.
Tishke
Apr 01, 2016 Tishke rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book started on a high note but lost it's edge quickly and only picked up again toward the very end. The twin connections were a bit overdone.

freenightfalls
Laura James
This book was OK, but it wasn't one of the stronger stories in the series. In previous books by Mary Jo Putney, I've often felt as they they started out slow and gained momentum as they went along. However, this book seemed to take the opposite approach. I felt that the beginning was good, but then the book lost steam page by page, and it became a struggle to finish it.
Tonileg
Karina Westermann
I .. actually admired this book. It wasn't exactly written within the last couple of years and it is remarkably open-minded about certain practices. It's not the strongest MJP novel but it is thoughtful and receptive to the notion that love and desire come in many different guises. And that is often something which is forgotten and buried in regencies.

Judging by the GR reviews, some readers struggle with the complexities of desire depicted by MJP - and if you are looking for a straightforward h
Belle
Jan 07, 2016 Belle rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
1 1/2 stars.

Four things I disliked about this book:

1) I am 100% done with men saying they won't take no for an answer. It doesn't matter if you're willing to let her go in the end. You should never say that seriously. That doesn't make you any better than the guys kidnapping a woman and forcing her to commit sexual acts.

2) I didn't like the beginning or the end. The beginning wasn't that interesting to me and it was a chore to finish. The end was suitably creepy but felt overwrought. Like, the v
LJ
DANCING ON THE WIND - G
Putney, Mary Jo - 3rd in Fallen Angels series

A tragic past has driven Lord Strathmore to use his formidable talents to protect his country from secret enemies, and he does it superlatively well - until he meets a mysterious woman. By turns glamorous and subdued, reckless yet vulnerable, she baffles his mind even as she captures his heart.

Lucian; one of the twins. The Hellfire Club. A good, enjoyable read.
While everything I liked about Dancing in the Wind was still present in this offering, it was the supernatural element that ruined the storyline for me. Useless hand wringing, unlikely phenomena, and silly plot lines made the second half of the book unenjoyable. The villains motivation was illogical and the warp speed ending dissatisfactory.
Gizella Tóth
Feb 03, 2014 Gizella Tóth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ha tegnap kellett volna írnom erről a részről, biztos csak jóindulatúan vonogatom a vállam, hogy elmegy. Ez az egyetlen MJP könyv, amit eddig mindössze egyszer olvastam el. Igaz, későn is adták ki a sorozat többi részéhez képest, de ettől még lehetett volna a nagy kedvenc. Nem lett. Első olvasásra nem aléltam el tőle. Azon kívül, hogy Lucien természetesen jó pasi, legfeljebb az ikrek misztikus kapcsolata tetszett, annak ellenére, hogy a közjátékokat nagyon nem szerettem.
Mégis, már csak böcsület
Hazel
Jul 07, 2010 Hazel rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
the opening line grabbed me. After the funerals he was sent back to school.

Unfortunately it was downhill from there.
Danielle
Oct 18, 2015 Danielle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just read Thunder and Roses, the first book in the Fallen Angel series, by Mary Jo Putney. I really liked it, and knew that I wanted to read the rest of the series immediately. I was not disappointed by Dancing on the Wind. Not only is it better than Thunder and Roses, I think it is actually the best book that I have read by Ms. Putney. There were a lot of twists and turns I wasn't expecting. I loved how complex both of the characters were, and I loved that there was a mystery to be solved as ...more
Jynt
Dawn
Early on, I wasn't sure about this book. The first half of the book I was completely clueless as to what was going on. Lucien, our hero, was searching for spies. Napoleon had been defeated but was threatening a return to power and England was looking for those trying to help him. So Lucien was trying to do his part. Kit, as it turns out, was inserting herself in different roles searching for her kidnapped twin sister. So the first half of the book, Lucien keeps running into her breaking into roo ...more
Kate McMurry
Review of Audiobook narrated by William Kirby

I am posting this audiobook review using the format that Audible recommends:

Overall: 5 stars
Performance: 5 stars
Story: 5 stars

Q. What made the experience of listening to Dancing on the Wind the most enjoyable?

A. Excellent characters and story experienced as fine performance art.

Q. Who was your favorite character and why?

A. I enjoyed both Lucien, the hero, and Kit, the heroine. Lucien, the mysterious spymaster, and Kit of the many disguises, are both a
Oleta Blaylock
Jun 01, 2013 Oleta Blaylock rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a complicated and intricate story. There are several plots going on and a number of people that intertwine their relationships. There are interludes spaced through the book that you think are the main character experiencing repressed memories returning. That isn't the case but you don't understand that until almost halfway through the book. One of the best things about this story is we learn more about Lucien Fairchild, Earl of Strathmore. He is an amazing character and Ms. Putney shows ...more
Elizabeth Cole
FYI: I heart MJ. The Rake continue to hold a very high place on my list of HR keepers. I hadn't read any of the book in this series, so Dancing on the Wind introduced several new characters to me.

As always, I liked the balance between the internal (the relationship between the hero Lucian and heroine Kit as it built up) and the external (kidnapping! spies! intrigue!). There is a big plot element involving twins, which I'm normally a little leery of just because it can get confusing. And this st
Cruth
Jan 29, 2014 Cruth rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Author: Mary Jo Putney
Originally published: 1994
Length: 7511 locations
Setting: London, 1814
Sex: Not frequent. BDSM with female Dom of secondary characters.
Series: Book 2 or 3 of 7
Includes: Excerpts from Thunder & Roses, Silk and Shadows, Silk and Secrets, Veils of Silk by M J Putney.

Some light paranormal and twin intuition stuff which is necessary for plot progression, but overall silly.

The Fallen Angels:
Book 1 Thunder & Roses - first release May 1993 - Nicholas Davies and Clare Morgan
Bo
Donna
Oct 06, 2015 Donna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It took me a little bit longer to get into the story of Lucien and Kit, but once it got going I could not put it down. This story covered the dark side of the Hellions Club with their orgies and the degradation of women. Though the topic was not pleasant, the story was well written and exciting. Lucien and Kit were different characters and I loved getting to know them. I do not want to give away to much of the plot, I can only suggest that you read it for yourself.
Bruna
Oct 20, 2014 Bruna rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is not a romance book. I repeat, this is NOT a romance book. It has some romance in it, but not a romantic novel. You can call a mystery, intrigue, miscellaneous...
The book has 40 chapters. By chapter 20 the characters still haven't got into any kind of relationship. I absolutely loved Thunder and Roses, so this was such a big disappointment. The plot involving orgies, sex addicted men...just no. I will continue to read the series, but I would recommend skipping this one.
Amarilli Settantatre
Il terzo volume della serie, LORD LUCIFERO, è sinora il più apprezzabile.
Lord Lucifero è sempre stato ritenuto il membro più gelido e diabolico degli Angeli Caduti ed è alle prese con una delicata indagine su un club segreto di nobili dediti al vizio e alla depravazione. Nel mentre, si ritrova continuamente tra i piedi una graziosa fanciulla, che ogni volta gli rifila una storiella e si rivela molto più furba di lui. La parte dedicata all’indagine e alla scoperta dei vari misteri è piacevole e
Alina
Oct 17, 2014 Alina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, historical

I love the strong feelings from this book. I love twins theme and the strong love that we see between Kit and Lucian . I was always fascinated by twins , by the telepathy that links them and how easily they can switch roles.

More or less, the book also referrs to (fallen) angels , another theme that I adore.We have Lucifer ,here as a good character , Michael the leader of the rescue crew and the one who helps Lucien fight the Devils and Rafe(Raphael) another trustworthy friend of Lucian.

This
Amber
Dec 30, 2011 Amber rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Everything was okay up until Kit and her multiple near-rape experiences because apparently, her idea of going undercover eliminates stealth and discretion out of the picture because SHE IS ALWAYS BEING A SEXY SOMEBODY and the weird bondage dreams.
I just...
Why.

Lucifer- I mean, Lucien should just marry a nice English girl who eats bangles and mashes with her tea and doesn't mind calculating their annual consumption of cheese since they were wee lads and lasses instead of this crazy girl with her m
Linda
Nov 12, 2012 Linda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: from-library
Extremely slow starting with the is she or isn't she bordering on tedious. Kit has a secret and is adept at playing many parts. Lucien one of the Fallen Angels is trying to find a spy for the French while continuously running into Kit in her various disguises and helping her out.

He's transfixed and feels like she could cure the emptiness earlier tragedy brought him. I liked Lucien a lot from the start, Kit at times is incredibly brave and at other times incredibly annoying with her insecurities
Kerry Kenney
Mainer207
Apr 15, 2015 Mainer207 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
I really enjoyed this! Very entertaining. The narrator did a fine job and the story kept me interested from the opening line. Kit and Lucien were great together. Overall, very enjoyable.
Elis Madison
Spymaster Lucifer, Lord Strathmore/desperate, deceptive Kit Travers. I liked some of the twists in this but no time to give it a thorough review.

3.5 stars.
Maharet
Jul 19, 2013 Maharet rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook
Lord Lucifero di nome...ma non di fatto...forse Lord Noia...cosa mi aspettavo da un personaggio che ha un soprannome così oscuro e intrigante?Fascino,un pò di cattiveria e ironia,sensualità,il gusto del provare "tutto"...e invece eccolo lì,si è messo un soprannome per evitare che gliene venga affibiato un 'altro,io l'ho trovato un pò ridicolo,di solito un soprannome viene dato per la fama,per un evento particolare...ma lui?? e poi mi ha fatto ridere perchè è rigido,uno del club lo definisce schi ...more
  • Devil Takes a Bride (Knight Miscellany, #5)
  • Till Dawn Tames the Night
  • A Victorian Christmas
  • Not Quite a Lady (Carsington Brothers, #4)
  • Scandal
  • Twice Fallen (Ladies in Waiting, #2)
  • Dream of Me/Believe in Me (Viking & Saxon, #1 & #2)
  • The Devil to Pay (MacLachlan Family, #1)
  • Scoundrel (Montagues, #3)
  • Like No Other Lover (Pennyroyal Green, #2)
  • Irresistible (Horsemen Trilogy, #3)
  • All Through the Night (Royal Agents #2)
  • A Dangerous Love
  • Gallant Waif
She writes young adult fiction as M.J. Putney.

Mary Jo Putney was born in Upstate New York with a reading addiction, a condition for which there is no known cure. After earning degrees in English Literature and Industrial Design at Syracuse University, she did various forms of design work in California and England before inertia took over in Baltimore, Maryland, where she has lived very comfortably
More about Mary Jo Putney...

Fallen Angels (7 books)
  • Thunder & Roses (Fallen Angels #1)
  • Petals in the Storm (Fallen Angels, #3; Regency, #2)
  • Angel Rogue (Fallen Angels, #4)
  • Shattered Rainbows (Fallen Angels, #5)
  • River of Fire (Fallen Angels, #6)
  • One Perfect Rose (Fallen Angels #7)