Don't Cut My Hair!

Don't Cut My Hair!

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  36 ratings  ·  7 reviews
The adorable dog from I Hate My Bow returns. As if wearing a bow weren't bad enough, now the little dog has to face all his friends after getting his hair cut.

For ages 3-6.
Paperback, Hello Reader: Level 1, 32 pages
Published 1997 by Scholastic, Inc.

Jim
Oct 09, 2009 Jim rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: dogs
why on earth would anybody (besides a poodle owner) cut a dog's hair? unnecessary cruelty. that being the case this is a book designed to show that a haircut doesn't make you a freak no matter how bad you feel.

my favourite page of the book is the last one where the previous owner, obviously a child, scrawled in pencil "lif is good!"
David Thompson
This book is about a dog who passionately did not want his hair cut, and he thought that his dog friends were going to make fun of him. He was nervous when his friends came over to his house, but he came out wearing sun glasses and a ball cap looking cool. His friends thought he was cool and his hair cut too.
Judy
One of Hans Wilhelm's Noodles books showing little kids how to cope with their "big" problems. This gets a Mikey 5-start rating, meaning my grandson said "Read it again!" after more than one reading. After a couple of Noodles books, when I read "What shall I do?" my audience choruses "I have an idea!"
Deborah Harris
Dec 31, 2013 Deborah Harris added it
Shelves: a32, ar-1
AR Quiz No. 42150 EN Fiction
Accelerated Reader Quiz Information IL: LG - BL: 0.6 - AR Pts: 0.5
Accelerated Reader Quiz Type Information AR Quiz Types: RP, RV
Meg McGregor
This is a fun story about a dog who really doesn't want a haircut!

I like it that it also teaches little ones it is alright to look just the way you are!
Jean-Marie
My 5 year old was a little surprised to read the word "hate." Not a word we use lightly around here. He was surprised to see a dog say it about a haircut.
Morgan
I love it when he gets his hair cut off.
Brian Porche
Brian Porche marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2014
Lissy
Lissy added it
Apr 02, 2014
Justin
Justin marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2014
Charlotte
Charlotte marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2014
Monifa Jackson
Monifa Jackson marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2014
Ann Vuotto
Ann Vuotto marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2013
Sierra
Sierra marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2013
Jenny
Jenny added it
Sep 04, 2013
Tab
Tab added it
May 27, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
I'll Always Love You Tyrone the Horrible I Hate My Bow!  (Hello Reader!, Level 1) Bunny Trouble (rev) I Love School! (Noodles: Scholastic Reader Level 1)