Start by marking “Baby! Baby!” as Want to Read:
Baby! Baby!

Baby! Baby!

With these striking and adorable photographs, Vicky Ceelen cleverly captures the similiarities between human and animal babies. From a sleeping baby alongside a snoozing kitten to a teetering toddler and a wobbly duckling, Ceelen’s comparisons are striking. Bright photos paired with simple text make this board book perfect for human babies everywhere!
Board Book, 24 pages
Published January 8th 2008 by Random House Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Baby! Baby!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Baby! Baby!

Meng Zhang
Jul 16, 2012 Meng Zhang rated it it was amazing
This is a picture book for toddlers. There are 22 pages in the book. Each two pages show a human baby and a baby animal with the same facial expression or gestures. I think it is a great book for toddlers because it shows different babies from different races. It gives them the idea from the very beginning of their lives so that they will grasp the concept that not all babies look the exact same way as themselves. Also it is fun to see all the baby animals with human-like expressions. So, it edu ...more
Katey
May 12, 2008 Katey rated it it was amazing
CIP/Summary: A wordless picture book that juxtaposes photographs of human infants with oddly similar photographs of animals.

I never realized how alike a sleeping baby and a sleeping frog could be until seeing the photograghs in Vicki Ceelen's Baby! Baby! Though intended for children ages 0-4, adults and kids alike will be charmed at the photographs drawing wordless comparisons between infants and animals.

**No reviews found.
Elizabeth K.
Jan 12, 2012 Elizabeth K. rated it really liked it
Recommended to Elizabeth by: NYPL
Shelves: 2012-lucy
Each page spread in this book features a photo of a baby paired with a photo of an animal that somehow matches what the human baby is doing. It's pretty clever and cute, and is a great example of how responsive babies are to photographs of other babies. Seeing as "baby" is one of Lu's four vocabulary words at 11 months, this is an exciting read for her. "Kitty" is another one, and there's also a cat photo.
Powells.com
Apr 29, 2009 Powells.com rated it it was amazing
Babies love to look at other babies. This wordless board book has striking real-life photographs — an added twist sure to delight babies of all types. Perfect as a new-baby or shower gift!

Recommended by B.T.D, Powells.com

Have you read this book? Add your own review for this or any other book to our website and enter for the chance to win a $20 gift certificate.
JustOneMoreBook.com
Mar 08, 2008 JustOneMoreBook.com rated it it was amazing
Facial expression and body language steal the show in this wordless photo gallery starring human infants and their astonishing animal lookalikes.

Listen in on our chat about this book on our Just One More Book! Children's Book Podcast.
Sq.Hill Library
May 13, 2009 Sq.Hill Library rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rachel
This is Henry's favorite board book right now. It places pictures of babies alongside pictures of baby animals where the pose or expression matches. It is quite adorable and baby and parent both will enjoy the book. It is a shame that we don't have a copy here in our library.
Beck
Jul 30, 2009 Beck rated it really liked it
Cute board book pairing different human babies with look-a-like animals.
Elizabeth S
Jun 27, 2009 Elizabeth S rated it really liked it
Shelves: f-board
Amazing pictures of babies and animals where each set of pictures matches. For example, a picture of a turtle's face and a baby's face, and the expressions are exactly the same. Fun.
jacky
Oct 23, 2009 jacky rated it liked it
Shelves: lib-lew, board-books
Read this at the Lewiston Library while looking for books for Natalie. I decided not to get this one since it didn't focus on faces as much. It reminded me more of a Hallmark gift book.
Ann
Nov 01, 2013 Ann rated it really liked it
50 Books to Read to Your Baby(2013 Meade Co.)
Susan
Dec 04, 2008 Susan rated it liked it
0-7 cute board book...on facing pages an animal baby and a human baby, both which mimic similar expressions, posture, etc. For example a lion yawning and a baby yawning.
Katrina
May 12, 2009 Katrina rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: New Moms or those shopping for New Moms
Shelves: boardbook
Really cute wordless boardbook. On facing pages an animal and a human baby, both which mimic similar expressions, posture, etc. For example a lion yawning and a baby yawning. Great new baby gift!
DuPar
This book has pictures of babies that are similar to animals with no words. This might be good for a young sibling-to-be but is not interesting for my 3 year old.
Amy Brown
Apr 02, 2008 Amy Brown rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It has pictures of human babies and animals babies posed in the same way. The photos are very cute! It would be a fun one to share with babies and toddlers.
Janelle
Sep 25, 2009 Janelle rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children, library
One of my favorite library finds. The expressions mirrored in baby and animal faces and poses are priceless!
Jeanna
Oct 01, 2010 Jeanna rated it really liked it
Shelves: pic-books
Made me laugh. Funny, funny picture comparisons.
Cassie
Apr 15, 2009 Cassie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: toddler, board-book
I bought this (and another by Ceelen) when my 14 month old turned 1 year. He is always pulling them off his shelf and looking at the pictures! Great images and very clever.
Maverick
Sep 15, 2008 Maverick rated it really liked it
Shelves: children, oprah
Really cute book showing animal and babies making the same faces.
Melanie
Mar 14, 2010 Melanie rated it liked it
Shelves: virginia-s-books
I really like this book. My baby, meh.
Cheryl
Nov 02, 2009 Cheryl rated it really liked it
This is a cute book. My two year old son really likes the pictures. I have no idea why, but he thinks that the Basset Hound is a cat. Some dogs look like cats, but not a Basset Hound! Go figure!
Mylinh
non-fiction photographic board book comparing human babies to animal babies
Michelle
Sep 07, 2011 Michelle rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
baby pictures next to animal pictures. and they're in the same poses.

this book is too adorable for words. (ha)
Mary
Aug 19, 2008 Mary rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-book
This is the cutest board book I've seen!
Dee6265
Dee6265 rated it really liked it
Nov 11, 2011
Amelia
Amelia rated it liked it
Oct 26, 2013
Jennifer rated it really liked it
Mar 22, 2009
Inara
Inara rated it really liked it
Feb 05, 2015
Marliese Bartz
Marliese Bartz rated it liked it
Jun 18, 2014
Erin Walker
Erin Walker rated it really liked it
Jun 23, 2015