Start by marking “Baby! Baby!” as Want to Read:
Baby! Baby!

Baby! Baby!

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  60 ratings  ·  24 reviews
With these striking and adorable photographs, Vicky Ceelen cleverly captures the similiarities between human and animal babies. From a sleeping baby alongside a snoozing kitten to a teetering toddler and a wobbly duckling, Ceelen’s comparisons are striking. Bright photos paired with simple text make this board book perfect for human babies everywhere!
Board Book, 24 pages
Published January 8th 2008 by Random House Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Baby! Baby!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Baby! Baby!

Meng Zhang
This is a picture book for toddlers. There are 22 pages in the book. Each two pages show a human baby and a baby animal with the same facial expression or gestures. I think it is a great book for toddlers because it shows different babies from different races. It gives them the idea from the very beginning of their lives so that they will grasp the concept that not all babies look the exact same way as themselves. Also it is fun to see all the baby animals with human-like expressions. So, it edu ...more
Katey
CIP/Summary: A wordless picture book that juxtaposes photographs of human infants with oddly similar photographs of animals.

I never realized how alike a sleeping baby and a sleeping frog could be until seeing the photograghs in Vicki Ceelen's Baby! Baby! Though intended for children ages 0-4, adults and kids alike will be charmed at the photographs drawing wordless comparisons between infants and animals.

**No reviews found.
Powells.com
Babies love to look at other babies. This wordless board book has striking real-life photographs — an added twist sure to delight babies of all types. Perfect as a new-baby or shower gift!

Recommended by B.T.D, Powells.com

Have you read this book? Add your own review for this or any other book to our website and enter for the chance to win a $20 gift certificate.
Elizabeth K.
Jan 12, 2012 Elizabeth K. rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Elizabeth by: NYPL
Shelves: 2012-lucy
Each page spread in this book features a photo of a baby paired with a photo of an animal that somehow matches what the human baby is doing. It's pretty clever and cute, and is a great example of how responsive babies are to photographs of other babies. Seeing as "baby" is one of Lu's four vocabulary words at 11 months, this is an exciting read for her. "Kitty" is another one, and there's also a cat photo.
JustOneMoreBook.com
Facial expression and body language steal the show in this wordless photo gallery starring human infants and their astonishing animal lookalikes.

Listen in on our chat about this book on our Just One More Book! Children's Book Podcast.
Sq.Hill Library
This is Henry's favorite board book right now. It places pictures of babies alongside pictures of baby animals where the pose or expression matches. It is quite adorable and baby and parent both will enjoy the book. It is a shame that we don't have a copy here in our library.
Cheryl
This is a cute book. My two year old son really likes the pictures. I have no idea why, but he thinks that the Basset Hound is a cat. Some dogs look like cats, but not a Basset Hound! Go figure!
Katrina
May 12, 2009 Katrina rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: New Moms or those shopping for New Moms
Shelves: boardbook
Really cute wordless boardbook. On facing pages an animal and a human baby, both which mimic similar expressions, posture, etc. For example a lion yawning and a baby yawning. Great new baby gift!
Elizabeth S
Amazing pictures of babies and animals where each set of pictures matches. For example, a picture of a turtle's face and a baby's face, and the expressions are exactly the same. Fun.
jacky
Read this at the Lewiston Library while looking for books for Natalie. I decided not to get this one since it didn't focus on faces as much. It reminded me more of a Hallmark gift book.
Susan
0-7 cute board book...on facing pages an animal baby and a human baby, both which mimic similar expressions, posture, etc. For example a lion yawning and a baby yawning.
Amy Brown
I loved this book. It has pictures of human babies and animals babies posed in the same way. The photos are very cute! It would be a fun one to share with babies and toddlers.
Cassie
I bought this (and another by Ceelen) when my 14 month old turned 1 year. He is always pulling them off his shelf and looking at the pictures! Great images and very clever.
DuPar
This book has pictures of babies that are similar to animals with no words. This might be good for a young sibling-to-be but is not interesting for my 3 year old.
Michelle
baby pictures next to animal pictures. and they're in the same poses.

this book is too adorable for words. (ha)
Janelle
One of my favorite library finds. The expressions mirrored in baby and animal faces and poses are priceless!
Mylinh
non-fiction photographic board book comparing human babies to animal babies
Beck
Cute board book pairing different human babies with look-a-like animals.
Maverick
Really cute book showing animal and babies making the same faces.
Ann
50 Books to Read to Your Baby(2013 Meade Co.)
Jeanna
Made me laugh. Funny, funny picture comparisons.
Mary
This is the cutest board book I've seen!
Melanie
I really like this book. My baby, meh.
Natalie
Those babies look like animals!
Liz
Liz added it
Dec 17, 2014
Charlotte
Charlotte marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
Chelle
Chelle added it
Jun 14, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Baby Nose to Baby Toes My Little One Close Friends Cuccioli d'uomo You & Me Seperated At Birth