Goodreads helps you keep track of books you want to read.
Start by marking “The Definitive Book of Body Language” as Want to Read:
The Definitive Book of Body Language
Enlarge cover
Rate this book
Clear rating
Open Preview

The Definitive Book of Body Language

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  11,457 ratings  ·  618 reviews
Available for the first time in the United States, this international bestseller reveals the secrets of nonverbal communication to give you confidence and control in any face-to-face encounter–from making a great first impression and acing a job interview to finding the right partner.

It is a scientific fact that people’s gestures give away their true intentions. Yet most o
...more
Hardcover, 400 pages
Published July 25th 2006 by Bantam
more details... edit details

Friend Reviews

To see what your friends thought of this book, please sign up.

Reader Q&A

To ask other readers questions about The Definitive Book of Body Language, please sign up.

Popular Answered Questions

Nada Amer موجود علي موقع 4shared , بعنوان المرجع الاكيد في لغة الجسد
Freakonomics by Steven D. LevittStiff by Mary RoachA Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill BrysonFast Food Nation by Eric SchlosserBlink by Malcolm Gladwell
Interesting and Readable NonFiction
105th out of 453 books — 250 voters
A Brief History of Time by Stephen HawkingCosmos by Carl SaganThe Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca SklootThe Greatest Show on Earth by Richard DawkinsGuns, Germs, and Steel by Jared Diamond
Scientific Readings for Everyone
16th out of 131 books — 25 voters


More lists with this book...

Community Reviews

(showing 1-30 of 3,000)
filter  |  sort: default (?)  |  rating details
Jojo
كتاب استمتعت حقا بقرائته
يساعد على معرفة من حولنا اكثر لنعرف موقفنا و ما يجب علينا
فعله في أي حال من الأحوال

يتكلم عن لغة الجسد
و كيف نستطيع قرآئتها

كنت عندما انتهي من فصل من الكتاب اذهب و اجلس مع عائلتي
و اقرأ لغة أجسادهم و كنت غالبا ما أفلح فيها .. و قد أعجبني هذا كثيرا

يساعد في المفاوضات و متى تقنع الشخص الآخر و كيف
و يساعد في جذب الناس إليك و جعلهم يأخذون عنك انظباع جيد
و حتى يساعد في مقابلات الواظائف و كيف تترك أثرا جيد و لا ينسى في عقولهم ..

بإختصار انه رائع و احببته =)
Hana Al-Maktoum
* متوسط الحجم

* ممتع جدا. يشرح لك معاني إيماءات الوجة وتحركات الجسد أثناء التحدث، التفكير أو التحدث والتفكير معا. غالبا ما تكون صادقة لأنها تصدر من الناس دون شعورهم بها. العديد منها تفهمها أو تشعر بها دون أن تنتبه لها. الكتاب يوضح لك الحركات ومعانيها فيسهل عليك ملاحضتها.

* الكتاب مزود بصور توضيحية أراها جيدة وكافية

* كما أذكر، أصبحت مهووسة بمراقبة اللغة الجسدية لفترة ليست بالوجيزة بعد أن قرأت الكتاب، والأسوء أنه يحدث لا شعوريا :)

Nawaf Aldarrab
كتاب متوسط الجمال ، بعد قراءتي لهذا الكتاب أدركت تماماً هذا المبدأ:
الترجمة لغالبية الكتب .. غالباً ما تفقد الكتاب جزء ليس بالقليل من قيمته !
Khaled Tolba
لغة الجسد عامله زي ما تكون عمال تدور على مفتاح باب وهو في ايدك، او زي ما تكون بتدور على النضارة اللي انت لابسها.
قد يستطيع الناس ان يتجملو ويتفننو في اختيار الكلمات ولكن دائما ما تفضحهم لغة جسدهم وايمائاتهم، والشخص الذي يستطيع قراءة هذه الإيمائات يستطيع أن يتخذ القرارات الصائبة المتعلقة بكل حالة..

الكتاب دا من أمتع ما قرأت، أسلوبه شيق جدا، بيخليك تنظر بأعين لم تنظر بها من قبل، من أول ما بدأت أتعمق في الكتاب بدأت الاحظ حاجات في المجتمع حواليا أو حتى في سلوكي مكنتش واخد بالي منها، وبدأت أطبق اللي ات
...more
Gabriela
Allan Pease and Barbara Pease apply their experience in medicine, biology and psychology to illustrate the workings of the brain and how this influences our body language. In the Definite Book Of Body Language, the authors show us how we can use our knowledge of the brain's functions to understand people's emotions and behaviors.

I have to say that neuropsychology and behavioral science have always fascinated me. There are many books out there about these topics. But I found this one particularly
...more
مجدلية اندروماخي
كتاب بسيط ومتواضع, قد لا اتفق مع كل ماورد
يوجد فيه معلومات جيدة ومناسبة ولا انكر ذلك لكنها شحيحة
يعتمد اسلوب الاطالة و "الحشو" كان يمكن ان يكون مركزا اكثر
من الجميل ايراد موقف الثقافات الشعبيةومعنى الحركات الايمائية لدى كل شعب
مفيد لدرجة ما,لكن ترجمة الايماءات قد تصيب.......وقد تخيب
Jan-Maat
I am fairly sure this was recommended on a management course. Entertaining read, well illustrated. Not sure how accurate it is, I tried out some of the ideas such as sitting side by side or at an angle to somebody rather than opposite across a desk at them. I certainly felt better for doing so but then the book told me that I would!

The downside for me is that I started to become absurdly self-conscious. Was I standing in an optimum way, sending out the best messages? Where my feet pointing in th
...more
Ahmed Emad
(المرجع الأكيد فى لغة الجسد ):-أنا اخترت الكتاب ده بالذات عشان الكتاب رقم 50 و أنهي به التحدي ع الموقع
السبب :- لأني من عشاق لغة الجسد في المقام الأول و لكم المعلومات اللي موجودة في الكتاب و اللي هي مش بتخليك تقدر تحكم ع مواقف الأشخاص اللي قدامك و تحدد شعورهم تجاهك بس ... لأ دي كمان يتخليك تقدر تتحكم في حركات جسمك و تظهر بالشكل اللائق دائما
شكــــــــــــــــــــــر خاص
و تحية تقدير للمؤلف علي المجهود الأكثر من رائع
الكتاب ممتع ... ملئ بالمعلومات ... أعتبره - من وجهة نظرى - هدية قيمة للغاية
حقيقة -
...more
Ahmed
استفدت كثيراً من خلال قراءة هذا الكتاب، فهو يساعد على فهم سلوكيات الأشخاص في مختلف المواقف. أعجبت بأسلوب المؤلفين في طرح الأفكار، وأيضا الصور التوضيحية المطروحة، فهي تساعد الشخص على فهم الفكرة وتحليل لغة الجسد المطروحة لأنها تساعد القارئ على ترجمة الموقف وتحليله بأسلوبه الخاص. أنصح بقراءة هذا الكتاب.
Ellen Maze
Aug 05, 2010 Ellen Maze rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: People Watchers
As an author, I am naturally a student of observation, so this book had the potential to be of great service to me not only in my writing, but in character-building and expression.

I enjoyed the read. Unlike some other Body Language books, this one has a lot of photographs, and at the risk of sounding sophomoric, they really added to my understanding of the text.

The chapters/categories made a lot of sense, and the information moved along with little unnecessary repetition. I think everyone who
...more
Mary
Feb 16, 2011 Mary rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Mary by: Mary Thorley and some blog?
I rarely read every word of non-fiction books, but this is one of the rare exceptions. It's not even particularly fascinating. But it is interesting enough to hold my attention without skipping or skimming over anything. ALMOST four stars. It wasn't awesome enough to go out and purchase, but it would be great to have around all the time for reference when the fancy strikes. I doubt I'll remember this stuff on my own as well as I'd like to.

I'm sure that for a few days at least, I'll be watching e
...more
Beau Johnston
I read (and still have) Allan Pease's original book Body Language. It is a fantastic insight into understanding the people around you.

I highly recommend this book to martial artists and students of self defense classes, because Allan discusses topics your instructors allude to, but quickly pass over, because they don't have the time to cover this subject in depth.

Realistically, anyone who has to deal with people should read this book. From a self defense point of view, it's easier to avoid trou
...more
Sanjay Gautam
If you read one book of allan pease on body language, then you've read'em all.
Its a book that contains all regular body positions and what can you learn from them. Worth a one time read (but can be used as a reference if you want to pry into someone's body language pattern).
BattoOm
لغة الجسد عالم يستحق أن نسعى لاسترجاع مقدرتنا على فك رموزه ..
أحمد نفادي
الحر تكفيه الإشارة

قديما قالوا تكلم حتي أراك
فالكلمات هي المعبر عنك
ولكن لم يعد للكلمات جدوى في معرفة النوايا ومعرفة الشخصيات
فيكفيك معرفة إشاراته لتعلم كل ما ينتويه وكل ما يفكر فيه

قديما قال أرسطو الكلام تفكير بالفعل
ونحن نكمل ونقول وتفكيرك معبر عنه بإشاراتك وسكناتك

الكتاب عبارة عن ملخص لعلم لغة الجسد وهو من المجالات الكثيرة المنتشرة حاليا مع البرمجة اللغوية العصبية ( الفرع الاكبر)ويتحدث عن مغزي كل إشارة من إشارات من أمامك
فتلك تدل علي الاعجاب وتلك للرفض وتلك تدل علي أنه كاذب
كتاب قيم وخاصة لمندوبي
...more
Bernadette
There were a few things I learned, but quite a bit of things I disagreed with. Examples are: turn your palms up to put someone at ease - I tried using this during my PT retail job and got wierd looks. Another example that truly disagree with is - if someone keeps you waiting - pull out some financial papers adn a calculator adn do calculations. When they call for you say say "I'll be ready in a moment - I'll just finish these calculations" - what???? or the other example for this is to take out ...more
لبابة أبوصالح
أعتقد أنه على الجميع الاطلاع على هذا الكتاب لأنه يسهل على الناس فهم بعضهم البعض دون الاعتماد على اللغة المنطوقة.. لقد عرفت أن بإمكان الإنسان أن يكذب ويزيف في لغته لكن جسده سيتصرف على طبيعته ويتحرك بعفوية ، مع أن المؤلفين يحاولان تقديم أفكار تحرض على التحكم بلغة الجسد.. لكنني لا أصدق هذه الفكرة وقد يكون هذا التحريض نوعا من أنواع التسويق لمضمون الكتاب..
أفضل ما في الكتاب من وجهة نظري هو كيف يمكننا السيطرة على الآخر من خلال مصافحته، فهذا الجزء يقدم طرقاً تجعلنا نشعر بالقوة والسيطرة على الآخر كما يم
...more
Marya
كتاب رائع يعلمك كيف تعرف أو تفهم ما يفكر فيه الشخص الأمامك عن طريق اشارات جسدية كطريقة الجلوس والوقوف , وضعية اليدين وتعابير الوجه واطبقه عملي الى الآن وكل ما رايت اشارة من شخص ما ولم افهمه ارجع الى الكتاب وهذا الكتاب جعلني اعلم كيف اخفي اشاراتي حتى لا يفهمني احد (( انا افهم لاكن لا احد يفهمني ^_^))
Superroro
حلو الكتاب..
في اشياء انبهرت لما قريتها..في اشياء عادية..وفي اشياء محتاجة منا دقة ملاحظة..
الحلو ان في اجزاء معينة من الكتاب ولما يتكلم عن اشارة معينة اجلس اطبق على نفسي ولا على شخص حولي قام بهالاشارة ..
Carrie Wilson
This book is a well-researched summary of proxemics, gender and cultural differences in non-verbal communication, facial expressions and much more! A few tidbits you'll learn from this book: female brains are designed for multi-tasking (which is explains why we can watch TV, read a book, and chat online while drinking coffee); smiling is seen as a subordinate action and women tend to smile much more than men, something likely hard-wired into our brains; organs that are transplanted retain cellul ...more
Cynthia
I found this to be a very interesting and informative book. It's fascinating, and disconcerting, to read how many things we do unconsciously that are so denotative about our motives and thoughts.

Moreover, another intriguing concept is the fact that another person's actions, gestures or body language can engender a sense of benevolence, aversion or even hostility in us towards that individual, without us being able to comprehend why we feel that way.

The book is full of examples from real-life pe
...more
علياء
كتاب مفيد ويمكنه أن يصقل مهارات قراءة سلوك الآخرين من حركتهم. ويحتاج إتقان كل ما ورد في الكتاب إلى دراسة متأنية وتأمل جاد، ولكنه مفيد في بيئات العمل وتعزيز التعامل مع الناس.
Youssef Al Amri
لغة الجسد تخبرك عن المشاعر الحقيقة للمتحدث بغض النظر عن ما يقول, إنها نوع من الفراسة التي تفسر بواسطتها تعبيرات الوجه وإيماءات الجسد للوصول إلى حالة الأشخاص النفسية ومواقفهم تجاهك وتجاه ما يدور حولهم.

الكتاب باختصار هو أفضل كتاب في مجاله, يشرح لك كيف تستطيع قراءة لغة الجسد وتستفيد منها في التواصل مع الآخرين في مجال علاقاتك الشخصية والعلاقات في العمل وأيضا في مجال مقابلات التقديم على العمل.

الكتاب مفيد جدا وممتع لذا أحببت أن أهديكم النسخة الحصرية والوحيدة والتي تتميز بصور فوتوغرفيه واضحة:

http://www
...more
Seltike
I can not believe that I miss so many obvious things, eye opening book I have to say.
Nada Khaled
كتاب يشرح لغة الجسد ويفسرها بمنتى السلاسة والبساطة حتى يصل مضمونه إلى القارئ البسيط وعامة الشعب من غير القراء، ولكن ينقصه المزيد من التوضيح لبعض حركات الجسد بالإضافة إلى أنه لا يشمل جميعها،، ولكن هذا لا يمنع أنه أفادنى كثيرا ..
علی‌رضا میم
طبق تحقیق محققین:)، حدود 70% مفاهیمی که توسط انسان متنتقل میشود غیر کلامی هستند.
یعنی اکثر پیامی که ما در ارتباطات خود با دیگران دریافت و منتقل میکنیم، از طریق حالت بدن و صورت و تون صدا و غیره منتقل میشود.
خب!
اکثر ما اون حس کلی که فرد مقابل میخواهد منتقل کند را از طریق حالت بدن او دریافت میکنیم، ولی قادر به تفسیر حالات مختلف نیستیم.
یعنی از حالت افراد نمیتوانیم بفهمیم خوشحال است؟ عصبی است؟ و غیره.
این کتاب به طور خیلی خلاصه الفبایزبان بدن را شرح میدهد.

هیجان انگیزترین قسمت قطعا کاربردی بودن نکاتی بود
...more
Merna
إنه ليس للقراءة الواحدة فحسب بل للقراءة الف مرة لانه بالنسة لى دراسة، يستحق ان يكون المرجع الاكيد فى لغة الجسد .. ملئ بالصور الوضحة. أحببته
Iz
An incredible pile of absolute garbage. Baseless, unscientific, sexist load of crap.
Aya Hassan
كتاب مفيد جدا واغلب معلوماته حقيقيه عن تجربه
Célia
Linguagem Corporal é já o terceiro livro que leio da dupla Allan e Barbara Pease. Na altura em que li os primeiros dois, achei-os bastante informativos e escritos numa linguagem acessível, com alguns toques de humor que ajudam a tornar a leitura mais agradável; Linguagem Corporal não foge à regra.

Ao longo deste livro, os autores percorrem as várias partes do corpo humano, indicando, para cada uma delas, os gestos mais comuns e interpretando o seu significado. Desde gestos que fazemos com as mãos
...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 99 100 next »
topics  posts  views  last activity   
لغتي 2 62 Jan 19, 2013 03:10AM  
  • What Every Body is Saying: An Ex-FBI Agent's Guide to Speed-Reading People
  • Emotions Revealed: Recognizing Faces and Feelings to Improve Communication and Emotional Life
  • You Can Read Anyone: Never Be Fooled, Lied To, or Taken Advantage of Again
  • Body Language
  • Winning Body Language: Control the Conversation, Command Attention, and Convey the Right Message--Without Saying a Word
  • The Psychology of Persuasion: How to Persuade Others to Your Way of Thinking
  • I Can Read You Like a Book: How to Spot the Messages and Emotions People Are Really Sending with Their Body Language
  • The Art of Speed Reading People: How to Size People Up and Speak Their Language
  • 50 Psychology Classics: Who We Are, How We Think, What We Do: Insight and Inspiration from 50 Key Books
  • Love Signals: A Practical Field Guide to the Body Language of Courtship
  • How to Read a Person Like a Book
  • The Power of Body Language: How to Succeed in Every Business and Social Encounter
  • You Say More Than You Think: Use the New Body Language to Get What You Want!, The 7-Day Plan
  • Peoplewatching: The Desmond Morris Guide to Body Language
  • Yes!: 50 Scientifically Proven Ways to Be Persuasive
  • The Personality Code: Unlock the Secret to Understanding Your Boss, Your Colleagues, Your Friends...and Yourself!
  • Body Language For Dummies
  • Introducing Neuro-Linguistic Programming: Psychological Skills for Understanding and Influencing People
75844
Allan Pease is an Australian author and motivational speaker. Despite having no education in psychology, neuroscience, or psychiatry, he has managed to establish himself as an "expert on relationships".

Originally a musician, he became a successful life insurance salesman, he started a career as a speaker and trainer in sales and latterly in body language. This resulted in a popular sideline of aud
...more
More about Allan Pease...
Why Men Don't Listen and Women Can't Read Maps: How We're Different and What to Do About It Body Language: How to Read Others' Thoughts by Their Gestures Why Men Lie And Women Cry Why Men Want Sex and Women Need Love: Solving the Mystery of Attraction Why Men Don't Have a Clue and Women Always Need More Shoes: The Ultimate Guide to the Opposite Sex

Share This Book

“Smoking is similar to hitting yourself over the head with
a hammer because, when you stop, you feel better”
25 likes
“whether we realize it or not, we automatically copy the facial expressions we see.” 1 likes
More quotes…