Start by marking “The Single Girl's Manifesta: Living in a Stupendously Superior Single State of Mind” as Want to Read:

Ever wonder why you're the last single girl among all your married girlfriends? Do you have a gorgeous, talented, witty daughter, sister or best friend who just can't seem to find the perfect mate? Don't stress, you - and that fabulous woman you know - have something in common with 96 million other Americans: You're single!

Let's face it: if you're single, it's because you
Published November 1st 2005 by Casablanca

To ask other readers questions about The Single Girl's Manifesta, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Single Girl's Manifesta

Stephanie Wood
Apr 21, 2017 Stephanie Wood rated it really liked it
A fun, light-hearted and amusing read which really shouldn't be taken too seriously!
Becca Bryony
Aug 05, 2012 Becca Bryony rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book! Jerusha Stewart interwove humor with realistic, girl-empowering ideas. Honestly, I would even recommend this book to women who are married or in a relationship. It reminds you that you can be fabulous all on your own, and that inner strength and wisdom lead to happiness, not a partner.
Hillary
Oct 20, 2008 Hillary rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
I liked this book for it's girl-power attitude. She made some great points and had some good ideas, but I thought overall it was a little on the materialistic side. It was very much about buying your own diamond, taking yourself out to dinner, taking yourself on a nice vacation, etc. I would rather just be happy with me, without needing to have all those things.
Alyssa
Sep 12, 2015 Alyssa rated it liked it
This book didn't quite live up the synopsis on the back. I started this book assuming that it was geared towards younger singles (maybe it was the colour of the book?). It turned out to be more for forty or older singles. Which meant that some of the advice didn't work for my situation. Some of the advice also goes against some of my moral beliefs, but that was more my own fault for not skimming before buying than the author's. I was also surprised by the fact that there was a good amount of adv ...more
Donnica
Nov 25, 2012 Donnica rated it it was amazing
Awesome... a great read for those who are single...want to learn hoe to fall in love with yourself or add to the listy you already have... being single has its advantages... so enjoy it...

Nothing wrong with dening in a relationship enjoy who you are as a person so you can attract the right one.. But for those who want to remain single and marriage is not a priority....

This is a great manafesta for the single person.. enjoy life... there are so many things to do... to see... and just enjoy life..
Jennifer Robb
Jan 17, 2016 Jennifer Robb rated it liked it
I have to say that though I agree with the author's general premise that single life can and should be lived to the fullest and that it does have some perks not available to those who are not single, there are many, many areas she discusses in this book where she and I do not agree at all. I may keep the book for the list of resources at the end--if it weren't for that, I'd probably be donating it to Goodwill or Salvation Army.
Abby
Jul 08, 2008 Abby rated it did not like it
man, i hated this book. i literally threw it across the room several times before I finally quit it entirely. Takes the attitude that since you chose to be single, you should embrace it, which, while that may be good advice for some, it is not for those who feel that single-dom may have, in fact, been thrust upon them. shut up, book!
Pia
Jan 05, 2008 Pia added it
I go back and forth over what I want for myself over the long-term, but I always enjoy a good manifesto/a and thought this book, which got good reviews, and so is less likely to be that vapid, would be a useful start for self-discernment.
Ritika
Jan 03, 2016 Ritika rated it liked it
Started reading it ... kind of good but only targets a certain age group. It is a light bedtime read for teenage girls but isn't written well enough to hook up someone, stopped reading it mid-way.
Helen
Jan 15, 2014 Helen rated it really liked it
Awesome book. Makes you feel better about choosing to be single (and there is such a thing).
Barbara
Sep 08, 2012 Barbara rated it it was amazing
A fun and inspirational singles read
Renee Rice
Feb 21, 2011 Renee Rice rated it really liked it
Charming and witty.
Jenny Demonic
Mar 29, 2016 Jenny Demonic rated it liked it
A pretty witty, fun book, but there are some flaws in the writer's approach to how many single women truly function, the suggestions and tips aren't universal.
Kim
Aug 20, 2008 Kim added it
uplifting quotes throughout
Amarie0081
Jul 17, 2008 Amarie0081 rated it it was amazing
This book is just funny! It will make you feel good about being single. It's a great reference for the single girl.
Susan Dosemagen
Susan Dosemagen rated it did not like it
Jul 21, 2011
Jennifer rated it liked it
Dec 18, 2015
Keki
Keki rated it it was ok
Dec 14, 2015
Jessika Rov
Jessika Rov rated it it was amazing
Jun 10, 2014
Kirry
Kirry rated it liked it
Dec 28, 2014
Syrena
Syrena rated it liked it
Sep 15, 2009
Jessica Chapman
Jessica Chapman rated it it was ok
Jan 14, 2012
Rose
Rose rated it it was amazing
May 12, 2009
Mindi Rosser
Mindi Rosser rated it liked it
Mar 27, 2012
Qadriyyah Owens
Qadriyyah Owens rated it it was amazing
Oct 29, 2015
Katie
Katie rated it really liked it
Dec 21, 2008
Amy
Amy rated it it was ok
May 04, 2011
Jeanmarie
Jeanmarie rated it did not like it
Dec 05, 2015
Jennifer rated it really liked it
Dec 11, 2009
Sandra Wilson
Sandra Wilson rated it did not like it
May 16, 2014