The Blackgloom Bounty (Five Star Epic Fantasy)

The Blackgloom Bounty (Five Star Epic Fantasy)

3.43 of 5 stars 3.43  ·  rating details  ·  23 ratings  ·  6 reviews
***** A Cast of Characters in the Conan Vein *****

Kruzurk Makshare the magician is asked by the spirit of Merlin of Pendragon, his long dead mentor, to destroy another former apprentice, the villainous Seed of Cerberus. That requires entry into Blackgloom Keep which can only be entered via sorcery. Kruze realizes he needs help, since he cannot use sorcery. He chooses Dayn

Published April 5th 2006 by Five Star (ME) (first published April 1st 2006)

Nancy McCulloch
"BRAVEHEART Meets THE LORD OF THE RINGS..."

Yes, that's what one Hollywood producer has dubbed THE BLACKGLOOM BOUNTY. Highly rated in the American media, Blackgloom is destined to become the next big screen epic for all lovers of the medieval period, fantasy, sorcery and magical tales with lots of characters and a fast paced storyline. If you liked Conan, you'll LOVE Blackgloom.

ISBN 1594144516
Kelley Gingles
I had read a comment from an earlier review and it said this novel was, "a cross between 'Lord of the Rings' and 'Braveheart'". It is true. An epic adventure that took me days to read because of the MANY adventures the hero must face. Highly recommend to those who love myth, lore, magic, dragons, Picts, Celts, Highlanders, Saxons, the Irish and a tad bit of Merlin thrown in.
Alexis Leno
This book was pretty interesting. I have to say I liked the dialog (you blaggards!) and I really enjoyed a lot of the minor characters. I think I cared more about the minor characters than Sabritha and Daynin. I didn't really like Sabritha that much. I was also much more interested in the magical side of things and think they definitely could have been added in more as the story progressed. The thing I was curious about the most was the Scynthian Stone and Merlin's part in everything. In fact, t...more
Allison
A cool historical fiction/fantasy novel. A little racy at times, but overall a great read. Merlin's apprentice struggling to defeat the evil forces. It was set up for a sequel, but I am not sure if there is one.
Diana
Convoluted but very entertaining.
Donna Walker
My first foray into fantasy. Enjoyable but kind of confusing in places.
Bob
Bob added it
Jul 09, 2014
Deborah
Deborah marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Abby
Abby marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Kristi Smith
Kristi Smith marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Crit Kincaid
Crit Kincaid marked it as to-read
May 15, 2014
Alli Harden
Alli Harden marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
Deane Lingenfelter
Deane Lingenfelter marked it as to-read
May 11, 2014
Dakin
Dakin marked it as to-read
May 11, 2014
Connie
Connie marked it as to-read
May 09, 2014
Margaret
Margaret marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2014
Alena
Alena marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2014
D
D marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2014
Tammy Brown
Tammy Brown marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2013
Ginny Dovi
Ginny Dovi marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2013
Brendan Lawlor
Brendan Lawlor marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2013
Susan Jeffries
Susan Jeffries marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2013
Jamie Westwood
Jamie Westwood marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2013
Derek Howe
Derek Howe marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
The Regents of Rhum (THE SCYTHIAN STONE SAGA) Santa's Little Trucker: A 'Kindle' Christmas Carol