Start by marking “The Blackgloom Bounty” as Want to Read:
The Blackgloom Bounty

The Blackgloom Bounty

Kruzurk first encountered the villain, Seed of Cerberus, when he studied with him under the master magician, Merlin. While trying to stop the Seed from stealing Merlin's tools of making, he is cursed for life. He is determined to destroy the Seed.
Published April 30th 2006 by Five Star (ME) (first published April 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Blackgloom Bounty, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Blackgloom Bounty

Alexis DeSousa
Jul 03, 2011 Alexis DeSousa rated it really liked it
This book was pretty interesting. I have to say I liked the dialog (you blaggards!) and I really enjoyed a lot of the minor characters. I think I cared more about the minor characters than Sabritha and Daynin. I didn't really like Sabritha that much. I was also much more interested in the magical side of things and think they definitely could have been added in more as the story progressed. The thing I was curious about the most was the Scynthian Stone and Merlin's part in everything. In fact, t ...more
Nancy McCulloch
Aug 02, 2009 Nancy McCulloch rated it it was amazing
"BRAVEHEART Meets THE LORD OF THE RINGS..."

Yes, that's what one Hollywood producer has dubbed THE BLACKGLOOM BOUNTY. Highly rated in the American media, Blackgloom is destined to become the next big screen epic for all lovers of the medieval period, fantasy, sorcery and magical tales with lots of characters and a fast paced storyline. If you liked Conan, you'll LOVE Blackgloom.

ISBN 1594144516
Kelley Gingles
Feb 13, 2011 Kelley Gingles rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had read a comment from an earlier review and it said this novel was, "a cross between 'Lord of the Rings' and 'Braveheart'". It is true. An epic adventure that took me days to read because of the MANY adventures the hero must face. Highly recommend to those who love myth, lore, magic, dragons, Picts, Celts, Highlanders, Saxons, the Irish and a tad bit of Merlin thrown in.
Allison
Nov 24, 2008 Allison rated it liked it
A cool historical fiction/fantasy novel. A little racy at times, but overall a great read. Merlin's apprentice struggling to defeat the evil forces. It was set up for a sequel, but I am not sure if there is one.
Diana
Mar 13, 2011 Diana rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Convoluted but very entertaining.
Harris Guilmette
Jul 02, 2013 Harris Guilmette rated it really liked it
Too many characters to keep track of. Otherwise a great read.
Kim Jackson
Dec 08, 2014 Kim Jackson rated it really liked it
Loved this book. Action from page one and quite a few twists.
Donna Walker
Jan 01, 2013 Donna Walker rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, jon-f-baxley
My first foray into fantasy. Enjoyable but kind of confusing in places.
Jon F. Baxley
Feb 28, 2015 Jon F. Baxley rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Starred Review from Publisher's Weekly:

A fast pace, sly humor, amusing dialogue and a richly researched background lift Baxley's fantasy, the first of a new series set in medieval Britain. When Merlin's long-ago apprentice Kruzurk Makshare (aka the Boozer) receives a dreamlike visitation from the legendary mage, he learns he must destroy another former apprentice, the villainous Seed of Cerberus. To do so will require a visit to the demon-guarded Blackgloom Keep. Enter young Daynin McKinnon, who
BookishDreamer
BookishDreamer rated it did not like it
Jul 03, 2013
Terry
Terry rated it liked it
Feb 13, 2012
Patti
Patti rated it really liked it
Dec 26, 2012
Drew
Drew rated it did not like it
Jun 24, 2012
Laura Crowell
Laura Crowell rated it it was amazing
Jun 20, 2015
Mary Codd
Mary Codd rated it really liked it
May 04, 2011
Nancy McCulloch
Nancy McCulloch rated it it was amazing
Jan 28, 2012
Diamond Lightfoot
Diamond Lightfoot rated it it was amazing
Nov 14, 2009
Deanna
Deanna rated it did not like it
Sep 16, 2009
Aeokie
Aeokie rated it it was amazing
Aug 27, 2015
Sue
Sue rated it liked it
Nov 11, 2016
Jeff Godwin
Jeff Godwin rated it liked it
Jul 03, 2016
Jon F. Baxley
Aug 14, 2011 Jon F. Baxley rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Betty
Betty rated it really liked it
Aug 06, 2013
Turindev
Turindev rated it it was ok
Feb 29, 2012
Andy Smith
Andy Smith rated it liked it
Mar 27, 2016
Jodi
Jodi rated it liked it
Dec 27, 2016
Bthrifty
Bthrifty rated it it was ok
Oct 02, 2015
Preston Ray
Preston Ray rated it did not like it
Oct 10, 2014
Brent Johnson
Brent Johnson rated it really liked it
Mar 09, 2013
H C Ridley
H C Ridley rated it really liked it
Mar 06, 2015
U.S. Army
United States Information Agency
Published Author
More about Jon F. Baxley...