Start by marking “No Man's Land (Frank Corso, #5)” as Want to Read:
No Man's Land (Frank Corso, #5)

No Man's Land (Frank Corso #5)

Arizona's Meza Azul penitentiary is a technological wonder built to hold the worst of the worst. But somehow a prisoner has breached the foolproof security, opened the cells, and now holds more than one hundred guards and workers hostage. Cold, brilliant, and crazy, Navy sub commander-turned-double murderer Timothy Driver is in control. And one hostage will die every six h ...more
Published June 27th 2006 by Avon (first published June 28th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about No Man's Land, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Man's Land

Marlowe
Jul 17, 2015 Marlowe rated it really liked it
It’s impossible to escape from Mesa Azul. But, like the majority of stories that open in an impossible-to-escape prison, this is the story of the one person who escaped from it. Well, the three people, actually. Timothy Driver takes fellow inmate Kehoe and author Frank Corso along with him.

I read this last year and had to hurry through it so I could return it before boarding a plane, so my memory is woefully spotty. I do remember enjoying it, as I do most detective novels, although the fact that
Joe
Jun 19, 2014 Joe rated it did not like it
Shelves: mystery-thriller
This is the 5th Frank Corso book. Frank is a disgraced journalist who somehow over the series has become rich - writing crime novels and/or true crime books - and I believe has grown, (He's 6'4" and 200+ lbs in this book). He's a tough guy with a penchant for violence and a reluctant hero; law enforcement authorities dragging him into tracking and catching the worst of the worst of the criminal element. (There's usually some quirky coincidence that makes Frank's presence in the hunt mandatory).

N
Feb 11, 2012 Sarah rated it liked it
[Achtung, Spoiler!]

Rasant. Blutig. Gewalttätig. Das ist wohl das erste, was ich zu diesem Thriller sagen kann und es ist das, was ich gern und häufig lese. Dennoch muss ich von Anfang an sagen: Es gibt weitaus bessere und man hätte auch aus dieser Idee mehr machen können.

Zu Anfang wird man bereits mit sehr vielen Namen bombardiert. Die Handlung springt immer wieder zwischen den unterschiedlichsten Personen hin und her und man muss wirklich ständig gucken, wer nun eigentlich wer ist und wie er zu
Jennifer Wardrip
Nov 09, 2012 Jennifer Wardrip rated it really liked it
At Meza Azul, the privately owned prison touted to have the most advanced security system ever invented, things have gone from bad to worse. This prison isn't just top-notch---it's so sophisticated that the only prisoners it holds are the worst of the worst from around the United States . Which sounds like the perfect solution--hold the ruthless bad guys in an inescapable prison, subject them to "treatments" that include 23 hours a day in a cell where the lights never go out and they're under co ...more
Ed
May 10, 2015 Ed rated it really liked it
Shelves: reporter, crime, thriller
#5 in the Frank Corso series. Frank Corso disgraced ex-reporter is now a best selling author and columnist for the Seattle Sun.

Frank Corso is required to appear at a prison riot in AZ or Timothy Driver, the ex-submarine commander subject of a Corso book, will kill a hostage every six hours. Driver and psychopath Cutter Kehoe escape the prison with Corso in tow. Much violence later, Corso escapes and with the hostess of a crime reality series attempts to find Driver.
Richard Brucker
I would give this book a strong three & a half. This guy is a good author. I've read lots of books by Patterson,Woods, and other very good writers and this guy is as good as any of them. When I pick up one of his books I'm usually done in a day and a half, because I can't put it down. Its way past bedtime and I keep turning the pages. If that does not say it all nothing will.
LJ
NO MAN'S LAND (Suspense-Arizona-Cont) - G+
Ford, G.M. – 5th in series
William Morrow, 2005-Hardcover
The inmates have taken over the prison, and the leader, Timothy Driver, starts killing one hostage every six hours unless Frank Corso comes to the prison. Thus begins a brutal trip of Corso, Driver and a fellow inmate and killer, Kehoe, with the Feds and television reporter Melanie Harris in pursuit.
*** While not a great work of literature, Ford has written another very exciting, suspenseful story.
Greg Tymn
Jun 06, 2014 Greg Tymn rated it really liked it
Excellent thriller. Good plot, great characters, very suspenseful. The scenes and action were very easy to visualize.

Gun tech is inaccurate....(but what's new in that regard?) Also, one small continuity error (key placement).
Alan Hitt
Mar 16, 2015 Alan Hitt rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
3rd Corso book I've read, best yet

Didn't read #3 of the four yet,but I was very pleased with the plot. I typically read Thor, Baldacci, Cussler. Real glad I found Mr.Ford
Donna Davis
Sep 01, 2012 Donna Davis rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
I started reading Ford's books when he began, with the Leo Waterman series. In my view, it was his funniest, most interesting, most compelling writer.

In the Corso series (and consider this a generic review for the series, except for the last one, to which I give five stars), he develops his writing skills to a fine point, but writes more of a pure thriller. The humor is gone. I know this had to be intentional; the two styles are too different for it not to be. But to be honest, I liked the first
Chris Bridson
Feb 08, 2014 Chris Bridson rated it it was ok
This book is a decent, fast read until the end. The climax takes too long to come to a... well, climax.
Herzog
Jan 23, 2014 Herzog rated it liked it
Shelves: series, mystery
The further adventures of Frank Corso in which he is captured by prison escapees and the events that follow including a romantic interlude with a TV reporter. Rather predictable and gruesome.
Kaijsa
Jul 25, 2015 Kaijsa rated it liked it
3.5 really
George
Feb 04, 2010 George rated it liked it
#5 in the Frank Corso series. Corso is a writer who likes living out of the main stream so resides on a boat in Puget Sound. Corso finds himself involved with a former Navy captain who has engineered a major prison riot to escape and asks for Corso who wrote a book about him when he was first sent to prison. The story takes Corso across several states as he first travels with and then tracking down the escaped convict.
Donna Stinson
Mar 19, 2015 Donna Stinson rated it it was amazing
Love this author! Starting the next book now!
Jenn
Nov 12, 2008 Jenn rated it it was amazing
I love the nitty gritty feel to GM Ford's books. (And I noticed he appears to have a massive tattoo from his picture on the back of the book!) There always is a lot happening with Corso and whomever he picks up along the way. In this book, the villain(s) is scary, insane and is very much a typical maximum security lockdown bad guy.
Dora Okeyo
Dec 01, 2013 Dora Okeyo rated it liked it
A prisoner breaks out of Meza Azul, a state of the art facility, and his plans or where he's headed to is unknown.
Ford has written a thriller that will keep you reading for each chapter is full of mysteries. I loved reading this book, and it took me a while to finish it because I was keen on unraveling Driver's plan.
Deb Mj
Jun 03, 2012 Deb Mj rated it really liked it
This was a wild and crazy one, from start to finish. Tons of action with very little opportunity to take a deep breath. The ending was much too tidy for me, so it loses a star, but otherwise it was an extremely entertaining read.
Sarah Alawami
May 29, 2015 Sarah Alawami rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A well written, fast paste story about a psychopath who wants to go out with a bang. This book will kee you up all night as you try and find out what will happen until the very end.
Meaghan
Sep 25, 2012 Meaghan rated it liked it
Shelves: epub-library
Eh. Some interesting characters, a few interesting twists but too much cliche and pacing issues. Good enough but my interest in the series is almost extinguished.
Vivian Muia
Dec 09, 2013 Vivian Muia rated it really liked it
Very interesting and easy to read. Excellent characterisation. I must read more GM Ford.
Judy
Jun 28, 2013 Judy rated it liked it
A fun and twisted tail of murder, mayhem, and prison break.
Ike
Jul 03, 2013 Ike rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One word = psycho
Poppy
Apr 12, 2013 Poppy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery
good read
Art Benedict
Art Benedict rated it it was amazing
Sep 23, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2016
Billy McCreight
Billy McCreight rated it it was amazing
Sep 15, 2016
Krissy Lee
Krissy Lee marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2016
Julie Foster
Julie Foster is currently reading it
Sep 05, 2016
  • The Man Who Turned Both Cheeks: A Novel
  • Homefront (Phil Broker, #6)
  • House of Dark Shadows/Watcher in the Woods (Dreamhouse Kings, #1-2)
  • Outerborough Blues: A Brooklyn Mystery
  • Betrayers (Nameless Detective, #34)
  • The Rainy City (Thomas Black, #1)
  • The Broken Token
  • August Moon (Murder-by-Month Mystery #4)
  • Skull Duggery (Gideon Oliver, #16)
  • The Fatal Touch (Commissario Alec Blume #2)
  • The Inheritance (Inspector Trave, #1)
  • Strip
  • The Immortals (Taylor Jackson, #5)
  • Angel of Wrath
  • In Defense of Israel, Revised: The Bible's Mandate for Supporting the Jewish State
  • Into the Fire
Gerald M. Ford is the author of the widely praised Frank Corso novels, Fury, Black River, A Blind Eye, Red Tide, No Man's Land, and Blown Away; six highly acclaimed mysteries, featuring Seattle private investigator Leo Waterman; and the stand-alone thriller Nameless Night. A former creative writing teacher in western Washington, Ford lives in Seattle and is currently working on his next novel.
More about G.M. Ford...

Frank Corso (6 books)
  • Fury (Frank Corso, #1)
  • Black River (Frank Corso, #2)
  • A Blind Eye (Frank Corso, #3)
  • Red Tide (Frank Corso, #4)
  • Blown Away (Frank Corso, #6)