Start by marking “Metamorpha: Jesus as a Way of Life” as Want to Read:
Metamorpha: Jesus as a Way of Life

Metamorpha: Jesus as a Way of Life

How does one develop an orthodox worldview in the midst of a culture in flux? This book invites readers to look to the Bible, the Holy Spirit and community as informers used by Christ to grow, mold and form us into his image. It helps readers develop a vision of life that guide their ways of relating to the world and weather the winds of change.
Published March 1st 2007 by Baker Books

To ask other readers questions about Metamorpha, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Metamorpha

Tess
Jun 10, 2009 Tess rated it it was ok
Shelves: faith
This book is okay; it has a lot of good ideas in it but it seems to be more of a stew of thoughts than a well-organized, purposeful text. The main point, which I think the author could have made in a LOT less pages, is that the ideal Christian life is one of constant pliability, self-examination, questioning, and changing. This avoids the stagnation, self-righteousness, and state of false comfort that's really easy to get into. An excellent point, although I think it's baby food for most of the ...more
Jeremy
Apr 04, 2010 Jeremy rated it really liked it
Shelves: christian-living
Metamorpha examines how people change and applies it to how the church in post-modern North America needs to change. It is true that this stuff should be the milk of our faith when we come to Christ, but unfortunately I agree with Kyle in that most of us live life defined first and foremost by our American culture and less like the life we are called to as Christians. Similar to many post-modern and emergant authors of today, Kyle allows himself to question everything that he knows about himself ...more
Alan
Feb 26, 2008 Alan rated it liked it
Very interesting book.. a mix of psychology and spritual formation. Good input on the role of belief in our spritual development. The second half of the book is stronger than the first with a solid focus on a relationship with Christ being the foundation of mission and discipleship. I want to review my highlights about 3 months from now.
Danny Bennett
Feb 01, 2013 Danny Bennett rated it liked it
Shelves: christian-living
This is a great book that talks about the journey of the Christian life. It gets kinda dull and repetative in the middle, but I read it at a time when I was just starting to realize that God is as concerned about the journey as He is about the destination.
Kathie
Feb 16, 2012 Kathie rated it really liked it
In the midst of this for a small group study (just three of us), liking the idea of being forced to shift my worldview to meet God, not the other way around.
Jon Swanson
Jon Swanson rated it it was amazing
Jun 27, 2007
Shane Budd
Shane Budd rated it it was amazing
Jan 11, 2013
Leigh  Kramer
Leigh Kramer rated it liked it
Mar 12, 2015
Jenny Miller
Jenny Miller rated it really liked it
Aug 11, 2014
Tom
Tom rated it liked it
Dec 30, 2009
Eric
Eric rated it really liked it
Dec 06, 2010
Randy
Randy rated it really liked it
Jun 19, 2012
Rick
Rick rated it really liked it
Feb 09, 2010
Joel Costa
Joel Costa rated it liked it
Oct 24, 2015
Beth Melillo
Beth Melillo rated it liked it
Dec 30, 2015
Andrea
Andrea rated it really liked it
Jun 12, 2008
Rodger Niemeier
Rodger Niemeier rated it it was amazing
Sep 17, 2015
Mark Harrison
Mark Harrison rated it really liked it
Jul 29, 2008
Jeremy
Oct 16, 2008 Jeremy rated it it was amazing
A must read for every modern Christian.
Livi
Livi rated it liked it
Feb 09, 2011
Kristy
Kristy rated it liked it
Apr 08, 2016
Carla
Nov 19, 2014 Carla rated it really liked it
Great book with lots of reminders of what it really means to be a follower of Jesus.
Phillip
Phillip rated it it was amazing
Sep 20, 2011
Trey Meadows
Trey Meadows rated it really liked it
Aug 08, 2011
Kim
Kim rated it liked it
Mar 24, 2009
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it liked it
Mar 24, 2009
Eric Martin
Eric Martin rated it really liked it
Jul 24, 2012
Tracey Mamerow
Tracey Mamerow rated it it was amazing
Sep 06, 2015
Patty
Patty rated it really liked it
Apr 20, 2008
Pasquale Brescia
Mar 13, 2011 Pasquale Brescia rated it really liked it
Spiritual Growth cannot happen outside of community and submission to The Holy Spirit
Kyle Strobel is a husband, father, friend, theologian, writer, speaker, and practitioner of spiritual formation. He is a Jonathan Edwards scholar, and seeks to bridge the gap between the scholarly world and the life of the church.

Kyle is the co-author of Beloved Dust: Drawing Close to God by Discovering the Truth About Yourself , and is the author of Formed for the Glory of God: Learning from the
More about Kyle Strobel...