Start by marking “Heartbreaker (Unbreakable, #1)” as Want to Read:
Heartbreaker (Unbreakable, #1)

Heartbreaker (Unbreakable #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating Details  ·  164 Ratings  ·  102 Reviews
Kiki Michaelson wants one wild night to forget her starving-artist worries. Simple.

Only instead of Darren Cole becoming her one-night stand, he taunts her with a challenge. Then while she’s trying to best him at his own game, he turns out to be the last thing she’s prepared for: someone she wants to keep.

Which means all he can ever be…is a friend.

Darren Cole never allows a
Published March 22nd 2016 by Kat Bastion and Stone Bastion

To ask other readers questions about Heartbreaker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heartbreaker

The Score by Elle KennedyUndo Me by M.  RobinsonAppealed by Emma ChaseI Pick You by Jettie WoodruffMidnight Lily by Mia Sheridan
2016 Romantic Releases (JANUARY to MARCH)
127th out of 282 books — 897 voters
Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireThe Edge of Never by J.A. RedmerskiEasy by Tammara WebberSlammed by Colleen HooverOn Dublin Street by Samantha Young
New Adult Contemporary
381st out of 787 books — 1,979 voters

More lists with this book...

NiCoLeTa E.
***4,5 "Sex on Stick" stars***
(I know that this term doesn't give to the story justice, but everything started with this phrase!!!)

This was a wonderfull story, full of emotions and damaged people....
It was a battle with love... A battle with the fears that were laying deep down inside....
Our heroes had lots of things to deal and they were afraid to let anyone inside their world...
And as a result we had a pure love who helped them to get over all those things that was drowning them!!!

I think th
Kathleen
Mar 31, 2016 Kathleen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Story Rating ~ 5 STARS!
Hero Rating ~ 5 STARS!
Heroine Rating ~ 5 STARS!
Romance Rating ~ 5 STARS!
Heat Level ~ 3.75 Stars!
Ending ~ 4.5 Stars
Overall Rating ~ 5 I Need You Too STARS!

Oh my, my, how I enjoyed this one. The story was steady and kept me interested and then there was the parts that gripped my very soul. I felt SO many emotions reading this, the first feeling was frustration because I could really feel the way Darren and Kiki needed each other. Then I felt sadness for what Darren and his s
Dali
Happy Book Birthday

Reading a book by Kat and Stone Bastion is like eating one of the best meals of your life. It has the perfect flow from its appetizing beginning, its emotionally hearty entrées, to its deliciously sweet end.
“All I’m saying is, don’t fight it. Don’t be afraid of us. If we are meant to happen…just let it.”

Once burned by love, the only flame artist Kiki Michaelson allows close is the one she uses to forge her sculptures with. She keeps guys at a safe distance by only allowin
Wendy'sThoughts
Mar 16, 2016 Wendy'sThoughts rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Kat Bastion, Simon Bastion Fans, New Adult, Romance
3.5 Stop the Denial; Be Free to Love Stars
* * * 1/2

Those who know me, know I am not the usual NA Angst loving reader. I will dip into the NA pool if it is through authors I have had positive experiences with, though. Kat Bastion and Stone Bastion are a duo who gave me some reading pleasure in the past, so when I saw this new entry... I said yes immediately.

This new series has much going for it. It has heart, characters who are unique and a bit of edge with a different perspective.

The first pa
Kat Bastion
Mar 30, 2016 Kat Bastion marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
HEARTBREAKER is Live!

Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/1QgDVs9
Nook: http://bit.ly/1n03nX5
iBooks: http://apple.co/1lwrqfO
Kobo: http://bit.ly/21kjwcE

PLUS check out this fun BuzzFeed article:
10 Best Drag Rhythm Songs for Sex: A Playlist for Every Heartbreaker

Darren in HEARTBREAKER - Image provided by Gel with Tempting Illustrations

A holiday #TeaserTuesday

Christmas FB iBook Heartbreaker preorder alert

A #TeaserTuesday Moment of Gratitude...

Thanksgiving Teaser - Heartbreaker

*** COVER REVEAL on Love N. Books ***

INCLUDES a scorching hot photo-sh
Suzanne
**ARC provided by authors in exchange for an honest review**
Vasiliki
Mar 11, 2016 Vasiliki rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
4 stars!!!

ARC kindly provided by Kat Bastion via Netgalley in exchange of an honest review.

Heartbreaker is a beautiful love story! The love story of Kiki and Darren. This story is so full of love and care that I don't even know from where to start. Kiki and Darren met in a moment in their life that they couldn't be together because it was complicated. The plot was really good and for the most part was moving in a good pace. There were surprises and small twists and they were good. The writin
Claire Robinson
Mar 17, 2016 Claire Robinson rated it really liked it
Shelves: shit-hot-series
4 - 'Just friends...' Stars!

Heartbreaker is the first book that I have read by Kat & Stone Bastion, I really liked the premise of this one, in that wanting more than one night from a guy immediately puts them in the Just friends zone, and dealing with the rampant sexual tension that develops between you because of it afterwards.

I think the main thing that kept the story between Kiki and Darren moving along nicely was that fact that although the tropes that the authors used are common, they
T's Book ~ Tanja
3-3.5 rating
I am such a fan of this author however this kind of NA is not my favorite. Awesome writing and funny banter, but the angsty aspect of it drove me a tad bonkers. Don't get me wrong... TONS of readers are gonna love this kind of romance. I think my age gap did me in. It happens.
✿kawehi.reviews
Mar 01, 2016 ✿kawehi.reviews rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
I received an ARC via the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!

3.5 stars!

Heartbreaker was a friends to lovers romance with a natural twist to it. I do love these types of slow burning romances, with two characters who weren't looking for anything and end up finding each other.

Kiki- she was definitely one of those independent women types who could hold her own.

And Darren. He was a lot different from what I had initially expected of him. Here, I thought he'd be just a womanizer w
Sybil aka Lala
Kiki is known as the free-spirited wild child in a family where everyone seems to have their shit together. She’s happy and living out her passion but she doesn’t feel as though she can ask her family for help and further cement her reputation as the wacky one. So instead she sets her sights on Darren Cole. The hot DJ who drums up her pulse and the only other guy she knows that possibly be more of a player than Kiki is.

Darren really doesn’t have any space in his life for a woman. At least not fo
Linda
"Heartbreaker", was an awesome read and a great start to the new Unbreakable series from Kat Bastion. The Bastion's once again give us engaging well developed characters in a well plotted storyline. Some of the characters in this book,we met in the No Weddings series and it was fun getting a glimpse at them in this book too. No worries this is a standalone and can be read as such; though I would highly recommend the No Wedding series also!

Kiki Michaelson, metal artist extrodenaire is relationsh
Hazel G. (I ♥ Mancandy) *Craves the Angst Reviews* .
Find This and Other Reviews At Craves The Angst.

I received this eARC from the author in exchange for an honest review.

4.5 “Sex On A Stick” Stars!
Sexy, Romantic and Fun! I LOVED This Read!

The Review:
I loved this book! When I was asked by the authors to read it for review, I was hooked by the synopsis and quickly agreed. I wasn’t disappointed. I love romances that take their time with the story and the characters and aren’t rushed into a quick romance. This book was perfectly executed and gave
Give Me Books
Mar 20, 2016 Give Me Books rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Heartbreaker is different than anything I’ve read in a long time. And different is good. Really good.

Darren Cole is the almost perfect man. He loves and sacrifices for his family. He struggles with being enough, as most of us do, but that doesn’t mean that he doesn’t desire just a bit more. Enter Kiki Michaelson. She wants Darren but for one night only…

Let’s be real here, when an author makes the male lead the hero in the story in the most understated way, it’s amazing! I wasn’t a fan of Kiki.
Beneath The Covers Blog
Heartrending, passionate, and captivating! Heartbreaker is a riveting page-turner that will leave you breathless with raw emotions, and the need to hold tight to the ones you love!

Kiki Michaelson wants a one-night stand. Nothing more. And she wants it with Darren Cole. But the Rolling Stones said it best: you can't always get what you want. A hidden secret prevents Kiki from wanting more. So she's willing to settle for being "just friends".
Darren Cole doesn't allow himself to get close to anyone
Jeri's Book Attic
Feb 29, 2016 Jeri's Book Attic rated it really liked it

It has been a long time since I read a love story like this. Solid from beginning to End “Heartbreaker” by Kat Bastion with Stone Bastion draws its readers into the world of sacrifice and deep love.

Darren and Kiki ‘s is relationship is far from “friend zone” no matter how hard they try – that much the reader can tell from the beginning on. The only question that remains throughout the pages is if they will give into it or not.?

And if so – what will be the consequences ?

The author drew interestin
Deniz
Mar 22, 2016 Deniz rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

Heartbreaker is another good book written by Kat and Stone Bastion. This being a spin off series of No Weddings starring Cade's Sister. But it also is a standalone.

When I found out that this is Kiki as in Cade's sister, I was even more excited about the book. I should mention I only made the connection after I started the book. (I blame my atrocious name memory.)
But in that moment my expectation went another notch up. I should mention, that I have read and enjoyed every book that the B
Bindi Boo
4 we-could-never-just-be-friends-stars
This was a heartwarming romance with a different edge to it. It was a story of love, friendship, family and most importantly, sacrifice. I adored the hero in this book. He had his heart set on many things but he always made something else his priority, therefore forsaking his own dreams and goals. But sometimes fate has other plans and i love what fate had in store for scorching hot Darren Cole- in the form of Kiki Michealson. Kiki who herself had her own is
Julie

description

I had no idea what to expect from Heartbreaker. I've not heard of the Bastion writing team and I've obviously been missing out. I'm not totally for sure how I could have missed out on them for so long but that will be quickly rectified because I'm very interested in what else they have out on the shelves right now.

I was about halfway through the first page of this book and I was totally hooked. I found myself completely immersed in the book. And it was all because of the characters. The Bastion
Ralou by C.O.B.B.
 photo ARC REVIEW_zpseu9cd4hh.jpg

Link: http://collectorofbookboyfriends.com/...

Book Review: 5++ Sex-On-Stick Stars!!!!!

“The best miracles happen when we least expect them – when we finally let our guard down.”

The duet Bastion never cease to amaze me with their amazing ability to suck me deep into each story and world they create. First The Espionage Effect and now, Heartbreaker. As it seems, I can’t get enough of their stories, hot BBFs, unique loves, etc. And if I judge from what I’m feeling right after finishing this one
HeatherTX
No disappointments here. If you enjoyed the No Weddings series, the Michaelson crew and friends, you won't want to miss this new series! Loved me some Kiki and Darren!

I'm looking forward to Mace's story in Rule Breaker.

***ARC/review copy kindly provided by author/publisher via NetGalley for an honest review***

Bette Hansen
Mar 18, 2016 Bette Hansen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really loved this one!! Of course I fell in love with Kiki's character while reading the No Weddings series and I was doing a happy dance to finally have her story. I love the flow and writing style of Kat and Stone Bastion and hopefully we will have many more stories to read in the future.

In this book we have Kiki Masterson, the wild, seemingly carefree, artistic Masterson sibling. She's finally had the strength to strike out on her own with her art but things haven't gone exactly as planned
Cristina (My Tiny Obsessions)
Read full review HERE

description

Sometimes that are some books where the cover and the title have nothing to do with the plot or the characters. This is one of those books. But it was good! Better than I was expecting.

This book is told in dual POV and the writing is great, it actually paints images and art and music in your head while reading it, and that is always a great thing, when books can pull you like that.

The characters were fun and had such a depth to them… Darren and Kiki made sense, and I was hap
Kim
Mar 22, 2016 Kim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“When we look for the good in this world in spite of the bad? That’s when we find happiness.”

Kiki and Darren have both suffered heartbreak in their lives that has left them emotionally closed off. In Kiki's case, she was burned badly by a guy in the past and it caused her to limit all relationships with a guy to one night only. Darren is a major temptation to her though; the gorgeous DJ at her brother's club is sex on a stick and she would love nothing more than to have one night with him to lea
Serena
Mar 20, 2016 Serena rated it it was amazing
5 LET’S STAY HERE FOREVER STARS!!!

Where the hell have I been and why have I not read anything from these two? That’s about to change after reading Heartbreaker. I loved this book! It was extremely well written and I literally read it from start to finish. As a matter of fact, I stayed up until 5 am reading. I needed to know how Darren and Kiki’s love story was going to end!

I loved how this book was told from both Darren and Kiki’s point of view, alternating chapter to chapter. Brilliant. We kne
Winter Sophia Rose
Intense, Riveting & Beautiful! An Amazing Read! I Loved It!
Kelly ~ Beneath The Covers Blog
Full review can be found at Beneath The Covers Blog!
-- https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

*received ARC in exchange for an honest review.*

LeeAnne
Mar 21, 2016 LeeAnne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an awesome read, I really enjoyed it!

Kiki Michaelson is an artist, metal being her medium, who has had a rough past when it comes to love. One-night stands is what works for her and she has her sights set on Darren Cole, a DJ who works for her families company sometimes. Darren has his own demons to deal with, he was given custody of his sister after his mother committed suicide and with his sister’s depression issues Darren is scared to bring a woman into his life. Darren knows that Ki
Ruthie Taylor
Mar 21, 2016 Ruthie Taylor rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

What a really, really lovely read. Although this deals with some difficult issues - both emotional and financial - it remains a book full of hope. It sets the stage perfectly in both terms of the people and the place. I could feel myself walking around Kiki's patio, smelling the herbs and admiring the mismatched furniture. I could feel the tension between her and Darren, and the draw that they could not deny. The build u
Rachel
Mar 20, 2016 Rachel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
All she wanted was a one night stand. Her attraction to him was something she couldn’t ignore, but her determination to not let another man hurt her meant one night only. But she could handle that.

All he wanted was to not fail the only other person left in his life who meant something. The temptation Kiki presented gave him pause for the first time since he promised himself he wouldn’t fail again.

Kiki and Darren smoldered, each determined to keep the other at arm's’ length and each using differ
  • Fly (Velocity, #1)
  • Sparrow 59 (The Sleepers' Coalition, #1)
  • Speaking Greek (Foreign Exchange, #1)
  • Playing With the Drummer (Head Over Heels, #3)
  • Seduction (Devil's Den, #2)
  • Just You (Starting Out #2)
  • Until We Break
  • The List (College of Charleston, #1)
  • How to Seduce a Scot (Broadswords and Ballrooms, #1)
  • Possess (Shamed, #2)
  • Death Wish (Ceruleans, #1)
  • This One Moment (Pushing Limits, #1)
  • Whipped (Brought to his Knees anthology)
  • One Kiss More (U.S. Marshals, #2)
  • The Beauty of Lies (Stand by Me, #1)
  • Can't Hold Back (Returning Home, #2)
  • Radio Silence (Off the Grid, #1)
  • Resist
LATEST PROJECT:
RULE BREAKER, the second standalone in the Unbreakable series, a full-length new adult romance told in dual POV.

Kat Bastion won several awards for her bestselling debut novel Forged in Dreams and Magick.

Kat and Stone Bastion’s bestselling first novel No Weddings and the No Weddings series were named Best of 2014 by multiple romance review blogs.

When not defining love and redemption
More about Kat Bastion...

Unbreakable (2 books)
  • Rule Breaker (Unbreakable, #2)