Start by marking “Revolutionary Girl Utena, Vol. 05: To Blossom” as Want to Read:
Revolutionary Girl Utena, Vol. 05: To Blossom

Revolutionary Girl Utena, Vol. 05: To Blossom (Revolutionary Girl Utena #5)

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  568 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Utena has now met her prince and discovered the secret behind World's End. Accompanied by her friend Anthy and her sword Dios, she's ready to revolutionize the world, unless fate has other plans.
Published March 3rd 2004 by VIZ Media LLC (first published March 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Revolutionary Girl Utena, Vol. 05, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Revolutionary Girl Utena, Vol. 05

Starbubbles
what an interesting end! utena is stabbed straight through her chest and back, and still had enough strength to kill akio? really? i love how anthy's hair is down, to me it symbolizes that she is now free from her "rose bride" duties. i love how touga, the only one not in a "coffin" was the only one (other than anthy) to remember utena. i love how anthy seemed to take on utena's spunky personality.

what the movie does that the manga did not was truly nail how the school was like a prison, a fals...more
Dunjx
I don't even... uhm...
I want them to make another movie with the manga ending. So I can have an evening of quality mindfuckery in THREE possible tellings of Utena story, every which one memorable in its bizzare structure of tropes and blatant symbolism and the movie - THE MOVIE HAS THAT DANCE SCENE. Besides my unconditinal love for Utena in whatever version, I may have rushed a little in presuming it has a legitimate plotline - I mean, it does, but you can't call a bunch of sudden plot twists a...more
Danika at The Lesbrary
This finished on an epic note, but I thought there would be more. Turns out more than half of this volume is extra stories after the end of the main storyline, so keep that in mind when you're reading!
Justin
I think the manga ending is the only one I fully understood. I kind of got the show ending and the film is still up in the air. I'll have to watch them all again with this in mind.
Kelly Lynn Thomas
The main story ends less than halfway through the book, and I found it kind of sudden. The rest of the volume is taken up with a few side stories, which I enjoyed, but didn't love.
Spring Holbrook
I forgot exactly how strange the ending to the Utena manga is. I couldn't honestly tell you which ending I liked better, the anime or the mange, because I like them both so much.
Sara
So weird!!

I'm not even sure what happened. I fear to truly understand the end, I will need to read the series over again. Bleh.
Jenn
Revolutionary Girl Utena, Volume 5: To Blossom (Revolutionary Girl Utena (Graphic Novels)) by Chiho Saito (2004)
Tori
Oct 04, 2008 Tori added it
Shelves: manga
Revolutionary Girl Utena, Volume 5: To Blossom (Revolutionary Girl Utena (Graphic Novels)) (2004)
Elyse
See my review for volume 1.
Ilib4kids
741.5952 SAI V.5
Fox
Fox added it
Sep 30, 2014
Dawn
Dawn marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2014
musiclover
musiclover marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
Cinta
Cinta marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
Bre
Bre marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
  • Cardcaptor Sakura: Master of the Clow, Vol. 2 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #8)
  • Sailor Moon SuperS, Vol. 03
  • Ceres, Celestial Legend: Progenitor (Ceres, Celestial Legend #9)
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion, Vol. 04
  • Ranma 1/2,Vol. 31: Of Mushrooms and Boys
Revolutionary Girl Utena, Vol. 01: To Till Revolutionary Girl Utena, Vol. 02: To Plant Revolutionary Girl Utena, Vol. 04: To Bud Revolutionary Girl Utena, Vol. 03: To Sprout Revolutionary Girl Utena: The Adolesence of Utena