Start by marking “Anne of Windy Poplars / Anne's House of Dreams / Anne of Ingleside (Anne of Green Gables, #4-6)” as Want to Read:

4.34 of 5 stars 4.34  ·  rating details  ·  526 ratings  ·  17 reviews
When mischievous orphan Anne Shirley arrives at the Cuthbert farm Green Gables, she knows she wants to stay forever. One of the best-loved & most enduring books in all of children's literature, written with sweetness and charm. Ages 10 & up
Published October 6th 1997 by Starfire

Be the first to ask a question about Anne of Windy Poplars / Anne's House of Dreams / Anne of Ingleside

Heidi
I thought I'd read all the Anne Shirley books, but found I'd only read the first two! This summer, I caught up by reading Anne of the Island, skipped the Windy Poplars and then read the House of Dreams and Ingleside.

Anne of the Island was great because this is where Anne and Gilbert finally get together, and I liked reading of her college life.

Gilbert is quite missing from the next two, as far as I could tell, and Anne doesn't figure in much in the Ingleside book, with the focus being on her ch
Vicki
The adult Anne is not quite as accident-prone, so not as funny, but the romance still satisfies, whle adding real-life situations such as the death of Anne & Gilbert's first child and the tragic story, then romance of a new friend that deepens and enriches the saga. Captain Jim is a great charaacter as is Miss Cornelia with their shared wisdom and quirks. Volume 6 is less of Anne and more of her children, but still delightful to read.
Melissa
I've read these books over and over (and even written a novel that takes place after Rilla of Ingleside) and love them fully. They are not equally consistent in writing and story—and some don't feature Anne as the central character—but I feel at home with them. Interestingly, Rainbow Valley was written after Rilla of Ingleside, and information about future events is hinted at.
Rachel
This was less about Anne and more about her neighbors but I liked them so it didn't bother me too much. I was actually surprised at how long it was because it really only focused on a few people whereas other books seemed to have a lot more side characters.
Allison Badger
I loved the Anne of Green Gable books! Although she grew up in late-nineteenth century Canada, I experienced many of the same things she did--falling in love, being teased, finding a best friend and going away to school.
Beth
Really enjoy the Anne books. Somehow I am not as interested in her kids. Her adventures were what was so fun and enjoyable to read. I think with six kids there are too many to follow.
Siera
I love these books!!!! I have never read about a more unique, fanciful, lovable heroine. Even in what would be the dullest situations, Anne makes them an adventure!
Vicki
Anne is the principal at Windy Poplars for 3 years while Gilbert is studying medicine. Pringles, love, romance and fun at Spooky Lane.
LeeAnn
Oops! I hit the 5 stars thinking it was Anne of Green Gables. I have yet to read it, but I fully expect to enjoy it.
Stephanie
One of the greatest series of my childhood! The kind of books I hope my own children will someday enjoy!
Hannah
This is the only listing with my book cover. I am just using it for Anne's House of Dreams
Kate
Anne just becomes more lovable as she gets older.
Lydia
No matter what your parents love you and care for you.
Alice
I read these every year or two at least.
Cass
see comment on first boxed set
Brandi' Musso
Again, AMAZING!
Tina Wood
Tina Wood marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2015
Wilkinsonwendym
Wilkinsonwendym marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2015
Clara
Clara added it
Jul 04, 2015
Ramona
Ramona marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2015
Marie
Marie marked it as to-read
May 25, 2015
  • Les Aventures de Sherlock Holmes 2 : Les Mémoires de Sherlock Holmes (II) ; Le Chien des Baskerville (II) ; Le retour de Sherlock Holmes : Edition bilingue français-anglais
  • A History of the Warfare of Science with Theology in Christendom
  • The Impact of Science on Society
  • Official and Confidential: The Secret Life of J. Edgar Hoover
  • Time Management For Creative People
  • Charmides
  • The Sea of Storms (Lodestone, #1)
  • The Ramona Collection, Vol. 2: (Ramona, #4-#5, #7-8)
  • Revamp
  • The Complete Tales of Nikolai Gogol, Volume 1
  • The Colors of Space
  • Memento mori
  • Prester John
  • Essays: First and Second Series
Lucy Maud Montgomery was a Canadian author, best known for a series of novels beginning with Anne of Green Gables, published in 1908.

The author of the famous Canadian novel Anne of Green Gables, Lucy Maud Montgomery, was born at Clifton, Prince Edward Island, Nov. 30, 1874. She came to live at Leaskdale, north of Uxbridge Ontario, in 1911 after her wedding with Rev. Ewen Macdonald on July 11, 1911
More about L.M. Montgomery...
Anne of Green Gables (Anne of Green Gables, #1) The Complete Anne of Green Gables Boxed Set (Anne of Green Gables, #1-8) Anne of the Island (Anne of Green Gables, #3) Anne of Avonlea (Anne of Green Gables, #2) Anne's House of Dreams (Anne of Green Gables, #5)