Start by marking “Odette Speex: Time Traitors Book I” as Want to Read:
Odette Speex: Time Traitors Book I

Odette Speex: Time Traitors Book I (Time Traitors #1)

"...(Padgett) Lively delivers an exciting romp through time." -Publishers Weekly Review

Ballerina * Rebel * Hero

Odette Speex lives in a world of steam-powered coaches and swift, sleek airships. It is a world where social and scientific advances are mired in the past and a corrupt nobility rules supreme. Odette loathes the aristocrats, especially the powerful Earl of Westche
Published March 19th 2014 by Mar y Mariposa

To ask other readers questions about Odette Speex, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Odette Speex

Drucilla
Dec 13, 2015 Drucilla rated it liked it
Shelves: l
A strong time travel novel. The characters and setting were very cool and I liked the way Lively manipulated the multiple timelines. On the down side, there were a few too many characters and the pace dragged a bit in the middle. There’s also a huge exposition dump at the end, but I’m kind of ok with it because it’s all information that I wanted to know anyway.

Side Note: I haven’t read the sequel (and I don’t see why this book needs one), but based on the description, I’m very confused. The “Tim
Daleine
Dec 02, 2015 Daleine rated it it was amazing
Odette Speex was given to me as a goodreads - giveaway. It is a great book about time travel. Odette is sent back to the past by her twin brother to fix the a the present. She finds that the present she is living in has been changed and she needs to go back to the 18th century London to stop the assassination of Benjamin Franklin and stop the change of the word. This book blends historical fiction, time travle and the alternation of history with romance and suspense. I really enjoyed this book. ...more
Rita Lapinel
May 27, 2014 Rita Lapinel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am so happy I ended p purchasing Padget Lively's first book! I'm always interested in new authors, but to be honest, I also get often disappointed. Not this time! Lively's book is amazing, a real page turner! I bought it just before my trip to home (that is Europe) and though this will be a nice in-flight novel to read, but guess what: I spent almost every night lying on my old bed reading it. It is light, but well written, easy but smart story. I'm really looking forward to the new book, ...more
Hel
Apr 11, 2016 Hel rated it liked it
I received this book for an honest review from the First Reads program.

I'm not going to lie to you, this book dragged. I received it in October and I had too much going on to read it. When I got back to it in January, I found myself picking it up and putting it back down. Maybe it was the protagonist: she felt like a fictional character. When I really love a book, I forget that the characters are fictional.

But.

I received the second book in the series as well, and I'm hoping I'll get lost in i
Mandy Walkden-Brown
A great mix of action, time travel and a touch of romance.
A vast array of delightful characters from ballerinas and Inn owners to Hindu and Chinese mystics, from a young street waif to Benjamin Franklin, all of whom are painted with bold strokes.
Conspiracy and intrigue abound. Spies and assassins are on the loose.
All in all, it's an extremely well written and edited, wholly compelling read.
Glen
I won this book in a goodreads drawing.

A time travel novel about a young woman whose brother invented a time machine. He is manipulated into using it so a rich guy can regain his family fortune, which creates a sort of dark future Victorian age. The young woman, a dancer must make things right, by travelling to the regency age and preventing an assassination.

Not bad, if a bit PC for my tastes.
May 02, 2014 Sarah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Odette Speex will leave you wanting more! It is an adventurous tale of time travel that will hopefully lead to fixing a wronged future. Padgett Lively has the ability to take such a difficult topic of time travel and turn it into a well written story that will keep you engaged throughout. A must read!
Drea
May 14, 2014 Drea rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-book, may-2014
I really enjoyed this book. It had a little bit of a bunch of things that I like - history, time travel and it was a little steam punky because of the alternate time line. Odette and Cara were good strong personalities. I am looking forward to reading the next book in the series.
John
Nov 20, 2015 John rated it it was amazing
Good book, I can't get it out of my head. A dream of seven years. Everyday I have this. And sometimes I wake up and I don't know where I am. I don't talk to anybody. Sometimes a day - a week. I can't put it out of my mind.
Jo Anne
Nov 27, 2015 Jo Anne rated it liked it
I won this book in a Goodreads give away. Thank you.

I liked this book, but sometimes I found it a little confusing to follow the timelines and the concept of people being in multiple places in time.
Stephanie
Apr 19, 2014 Stephanie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was so hard to put down! I am a huge fan of realistic fiction. This book was fast paced and full of "what if's..." that helped me enjoy the time traveling adventure. Get this for your summer car ride!
Lerzan Yilmaz
Apr 22, 2014 Lerzan Yilmaz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent read. Very well written. Cannot wait for the sequel..
Lois Yager
Lois Yager rated it it was amazing
Sep 11, 2015
Gabrielle Fudge
Gabrielle Fudge rated it really liked it
Jul 20, 2014
Katy Surber
Katy Surber rated it it was amazing
May 03, 2015
Jean Valk
Jean Valk rated it it was amazing
Nov 05, 2014
Fran
Fran rated it liked it
Aug 25, 2014
Jen
Jen rated it liked it
Sep 10, 2014
Tabitha Smith
Tabitha Smith rated it it was amazing
Oct 14, 2014
Kate
Kate rated it it was amazing
May 24, 2014
Wendi (BrokenBinding)
Wendi (BrokenBinding) rated it really liked it
Feb 03, 2015
Laurena Johnson
Laurena Johnson rated it it was amazing
Feb 11, 2015
Dayle
Dayle rated it really liked it
Dec 19, 2014
Heather Mcconnell
Heather Mcconnell rated it really liked it
Jun 01, 2014
PinkOrangeRed
PinkOrangeRed rated it it was ok
Sep 08, 2016
Jo Mc
Jo Mc rated it really liked it
Sep 21, 2015
Marcus Grymme
Marcus Grymme rated it really liked it
Aug 10, 2014
Gary
Gary rated it really liked it
Jul 08, 2014
Stacy
Stacy rated it really liked it
Sep 10, 2016
Mirla
Mirla rated it it was amazing
Apr 20, 2014
The Perks Of Bein...: Odette Speex Time-Traveling Ballerina!! 2 9 May 12, 2014 08:28AM
Addicted to YA: Odette Speex Time-Traveling Ballerina!! 4 28 May 12, 2014 08:19AM
Time Travel: Odette Speex: Time Traitors Book 1 3 13 May 12, 2014 08:13AM
UK Amazon Kindle ...: Padgett Lively 3 18 Apr 30, 2014 10:13PM
  • Futurity
  • Camping on Other Planets
  • Wasteland
  • The Clockwork God (Aboard the Great Iron Horse, #1)
  • Embrace (The Epherium Chronicles, #1)
  • Relativity (Proximity, #2)
  • Merry Christmas from the Big Guy, the Rabbit and the Fairy
  • An Invisible Thread: The War in the Orion Arm
  • Magnet (Lacuna Short Stories)
  • Have I Told You Today How Much I Love You?
  • Joss the Seven
  • The First Temptation: Tempter
  • Tallas
  • Fire Dragon
  • Kickin' Lenny Saves The Day (Kickin' Lenny #1)
  • Slimmer: The New Mediterranean Way to Lose Weight