Start by marking “KISSED (My Once and Future Love Revisited, #1)” as Want to Read:
KISSED (My Once and Future Love Revisited, #1)

KISSED (My Once and Future Love Revisited #1)

One kiss ignites chemistry and passion they can't ignore, but is this only a summer fling?

Neighbors. Best friends. It was only a crush Beth harbored for Jacob until she was eighteen. Until London.

Neighbors. Best friends. That was all Jacob thought of her until London. Until she kissed him and stole his heart.

It's funny what Geometry class and a shared backyard wall can
Published (first published November 3rd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about KISSED, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about KISSED

Heather
This book was addicting. Loved the banter between Beth and Jake. This book was all angst. My favorite kind of book! Friends to lover's. The hot-but-aloof England transplant moves next door to shy-but-funny, bookworm Beth. Tutoring ensues, and gradually blossoms into a heady High School friendship, where their two year age difference is only one of the obstacles preventing their relationship from flourishing.

I loved the characters!! The punk rock/English accent combo made Jake irresistible to me.
Angela
Jun 26, 2014 Angela rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you have ever crushed on someone and then put into the "friend zone" you will totally relate to this story.

I'm a sucker for a "first love" story. This has everything you would want: A slow build, that only a crush can do. A super cute, British accent, older boy next door. A friendship, fun tension, and great showing of awkward teenage years.

Beth is a high school freshman. She is small, awkward and smart. So smart she is in upper level math which makes her a bigger target for douche bag bullie
Michelle
May 14, 2015 Michelle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Who among us hasn't crushed on the older, out of our league "bad" boy? A who's been there can relate to Beth's story. Her experiences and feelings for Jake brought me right back to that time and the heady yet scary feeling of first love. I love that the relationship developed over years and had a realistic feel through all the ups and downs. This wasn't a story of insta-love--no, in fact it was just the opposite. When they first meet, Jake views geeky, younger bookworm Beth as almost a kid ...more
☆Joycedale☆
Jun 24, 2015 ☆Joycedale☆ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: r2r, kindle-2, nerdy-girl
I just adored Jacob. We don't find out how he is with other girls but with Beth he's a sweetheart. Their friendship is really unusual with her being a almost completely friendless nerdy freshman that gets pick on and him being a punk rocker and one of the most popular guys in school.
I think every girl has had that one guy best friend that they've secretly crushed on for years without ever being noticed. But what if one day he does notice you? That's the beginning to this series and I loved it.
E
Laura Nelson
Jun 07, 2015 Laura Nelson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review. It’s the first series of four novellas regarding the blossoming relationship between best friends Beth Lawson and Jake Lindsey.

We meet Beth at the beginning of the book aged just 14 and Jake recently moved back to L.A. aged 16 from London, England. Beth is your typical nerd and Jake the burgeoning rock star and through a series of events they become unlikely best friends. I felt all the emotion as Beth starts to develop a cru
Amber Swinford
May 19, 2015 Amber Swinford rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.*

I'll admit, best friends to lovers is one of my favorite tropes. Throw in a sexy British accent and bad boy attitude, and the result is pretty freaking steamy.

I loved the characters and found them to be reasonably and believably developed. And I may have fallen more than a little in love with Jake.

The one thing that detracted from the story was the wonky timeline. The first part of the book, where the groundwork is
Christine
Did not work me. I tried to connect but couldn't. The heroine always appeared to be chasing the hero. Even when they kissed, she was the one 'chasing' him. I love stories where the nerdy girl grows up to be a swan that the hero finally notices, but in this story, I felt the heroine would always love the hero more than the other way around.
He liked her as a friend and even in his POV he did not seem that into her outside of friendship. She was the one always trying to make sure they talked, etc.
Alyssa
May 18, 2015 Alyssa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
KISSED was such a feel-good read that kept me turning the page until I finally finished it in one sitting. With the steady pace and entertaining banter between two best friends, it was impossible to put it down. Both Beth and Jacob were so lovable, it was easy to cheer for their relationship as they explored things once Beth joined Jacob for a visit in London. When the rest of the series is out, I will definitely be diving into their story again to see where their lives take them.
N.N. Light
Meet Beth and Jacob. He’s two years older than her and neighbors. She’s a freshman in high school and he’s a junior. She immediately develops a crush on him and he sees her as a best friend and a little sister.

Flash forward to Beth’s high school graduation. Jacob’s moved to London and she’s in L.A. She misses him and concocts a way for her to visit him in London. She convinces Jacob’s mum to let her tag along and even pays for part of the ticket.

Once in London, everything changes. Hot kisses con
Jen
Jul 19, 2014 Jen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tina
May 12, 2015 Tina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Free download. This was a cute read about friendship and first love. Beth is a typical nerd but this brings her best friend to her, Jacob is older than Beth but living next door to each other for 2 years helps them build a beautiful friendship which she wishes was more. When Jacob moves to England Beth is lost without him, but a surprise visit changes everything, long gone is the girl he knew and a woman now stands in her place, but until that kiss he never knew his best friend would be the love ...more
Michelle Mouse
Aug 16, 2014 Michelle Mouse rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014, english-books
Lo dicho, la típica historia de amor adolescente entre amigos del sexo opuesto... No hay nada que la haga brillar por sí misma ni que me haga recordarla.
El estilo de la autora es bastante descomplicado, frases sencillas de entender; aunque hace que la lectura sea rápida, la carencia de descripción de espacios me hace sentir un poco perdida a veces, bien podría imaginarme que las cosas están sucediendo en Marte y no habría alguna frase que me desmintiera.
He detectado uno que otro error de escritu
Kim
Feb 19, 2014 Kim rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: New Adult fans and Contemporary Romance fans
Amazon copy. 5 stars

First in a series. There is a happy-for-now ending to KISSED. Since this is a series about one couple, there's no happily-ever-after, yet, but that's okay with me. I'm not a reader that needs that wrapped up in one book. This is probably a different story than most New Adult books, as the characters start as teens, but I like that Ms. Krae established Jacob and Beth's friendship before they got hot and heavy.

And boy, do they do that! Lots of make out sessions before they fin
Tammy
Jun 02, 2014 Tammy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Young love can be quite tragic and heartbreaking in the best of circumstances. Beth is a shy smart 14 yr old high school freshman who is living next door to 16 yr old Jacob who is English and has dreams of being a rock star. She has had a crush on him forever and he feels like she is his kid sister. This book zips thru 2 yrs of time between these two in their difficult relationship. Now in this first book I was kind of mad at Beth for acting the way she does a lot but I really enjoyed the story ...more
Suey
Sep 28, 2014 Suey rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
I liked the idea of Kissed, the characters, their funny banter but in some way the fast and unannounced change of the point of view was annoying and disturbed my reading and I couldn't understand the sudden cut at the end of the first volume. Especially not because one gets and overview of the content of the next book of this serie at the end and it's a major spoiler. For me the serie is finished with the first book. But the author is very promising!
Mary Jancsek
Dec 26, 2014 Mary Jancsek rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book and was looking forward to the rest of the series which was originally supposed to be a 5 part series. I found out after downloading the remaining 3 books available that the 5 the book has been cancelled. I am glad the prologue from book 1 can give me some idea as to Beth and Jacob's HEA
Nell
So after after spending the last 8 months studying and having a brain too full of numbers to find the time for words, I have finally finished a book. This was exactly what I needed, some light, soppy romantic fiction. Everyone needs a cheesy and fun book every once in while after all.
Lyndsay
Apr 14, 2014 Lyndsay rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved the story
But felt it was a tad confusing who's prospective it was from at one given time
Flipped from one to another within the same sentence
Claire Burnett
Sep 01, 2016 Claire Burnett rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweet Romance about how it feels to be in the friend zone and finally break out of it. Must read if you are someone who loves a good romance that gives you butterflies.
Clara
Jan 01, 2016 Clara rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
Creo que este es un buen libro para liberar tensiones después de uno que te haya dejado huella. No tiene mucho de especial, pero no voy a negar que me ha gustado. Seguiré leyendo...
Rose Maria
Sep 05, 2014 Rose Maria rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i liked this story of beth and jacob
ha ha i liked beth being very very shy especially when her mom talks about she and her dad
now wanna read the second book
Ingg
Ingg rated it it was amazing
Sep 14, 2014
Anne
Anne rated it liked it
May 11, 2014
Saydee
Saydee rated it it was amazing
Jul 19, 2015
Melissa
Melissa rated it really liked it
Jun 03, 2014
Nana
Nana rated it it was ok
Apr 28, 2014
Angel Mercure
Angel Mercure rated it did not like it
Jul 28, 2015
Nicola
Nicola rated it really liked it
Jan 07, 2016
Adriana
Adriana rated it it was ok
Apr 08, 2014
  • Dusty (Dusty, #1)
  • Silent Treatment
  • My Love at Last
  • Waiting for Grace
  • Dangerous (Dangerous Trilogy, #1)
  • Again
  • Lucky Girl (Dear Rockstar, #2)
  • Sue and Tom (Yearbook, #2)
  • When Stars Collide
  • A Year and A Day
  • Badger
  • The Accidental Honeymoon
  • The Real Me (How to Tame a Heartbreaker, #4)
  • Fight (Struggle, #2)
  • The Lost Souls (The Holy Trinity, #2.5)
  • Flight Of Fancy (Bexley-Smythe Quintet, #1)
Fiction writer. Sci-fi lover. Trained vocalist. Cat mom. Carla Krae lives in California with two crazy cats and a tech guy. Carla has been a bestselling author on Amazon.

More about Carla Krae...

My Once and Future Love Revisited (5 books)
  • Betrayed (My Once and Future Love Revisited, #2)
  • Forgiven (My Once and Future Love Revisited, #3)
  • Loved (My Once and Future Love Revisited, #4)
  • Completed (My Once and Future Love Revisited, #5)