Start by marking “Hard Rules (Dirty Money, #1)” as Want to Read:
Hard Rules (Dirty Money, #1)

Hard Rules (Dirty Money #1)

4.18  ·  Rating Details  ·  914 Ratings  ·  446 Reviews
Wall Street meets the Sons of Anarchy in the smoldering, scorching first novel in the explosively sexy new Dirty Money series from New York Times bestselling author Lisa Renee Jones.

How bad do you want it?

Published August 9th 2016 by St. Martin's Griffin

Win a Copy of This Book

• Hard Rules by Lisa Renee Jones
    Hard Rules (Dirty Money, #1)
    Release date: Aug 09, 2016
    Win one of five signed paperbacks of Lisa Renee Jones' sensational HARD RULES!

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 5 copies available, 157 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Aug 09 - Sep 08, 2016

Countries available: GB

Format: Print Book

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about Hard Rules, please sign up.

Sheecid Lopez it is not the next book in this series gets published in February. I literally can't wait. there's going to be a total of 4 books
    Brittany Armitage No, this is a completely new series complete with new characters from Lisa Renee Jones.

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

! Hard Rules, book 1 of 4. Unlikely steamy romance caught up in a power struggle over a fortune. Or is it just another player’s move in the game?!

Books in Dirty Money series should be read in order:
    Book 1: Hard Rules
    Book 2: Damage Control
    Book 3: Bad Deeds
    Book 4: End Game

Hard Rules (book 1) is the opening to a family saga. A struggle between right and wrong; good and evil in a fight over an empire, a legacy and a fortune.

A deathly ill father, a meddling mother, one good brother and one who seems
    ✤Maria✤
    Aug 23, 2016 ✤Maria✤ rated it liked it

This is book one of the Dirty Money series by Lisa Renee Jones. This novel revolves around the struggle for control, money and power. Shane, a badass lawyer from NY City, learns about his father's terminal illness and moves back to his home town to gain control of the family's empire. But his job will not be easy - he has to fight his brother for control of the Brandon Enterprises while at the same time maintaining relationships with his backstabbing family members. Who can he trust?

Emily is new
    XxTainaxX
    Jul 18, 2016 XxTainaxX rated it it was amazing
    LRJ has got me completely hooked on this series. I was enthralled by Emily and Shane. They have excellent chemistry that connects them beyond the physical. They started out pretty hot and heavy (much to our delight). They then end up crossing paths in another way. Shane has quite the drama unfolding amongst his family with his dad near death. They do things that may surprise you. With family like that, who needs enemies!? Emily has secrets and, sorry ladies and gents, we don't quite yet know wha ...more
    Lisa Jones
    Aug 13, 2016 Lisa Jones is currently reading it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
    Damage Control is up for PRE-ORDER! Click on the Dirty Money series in the top right hand corner for buy links! http://lisareneejones.com/books/hard-...

*********LAST TWO DAYS to get Hard Rules for $4.99. Goes to $7.99 Sunday night!******

rwG
    HARD RULES is LIVE!!! Enter the $200 Release Week giveaway here: http://lisareneejones.com/hard-rules-...

WALL STREET meets SONS OF ANARCHY in a new scorching series from Lisa Renee Jones - DIRTY MONEY #1

**SNEAK PEEK**
    “Who burned you, Emily?”
    I blanch but recover
    Eliza

As a highly successful corporate attorney, and potential heir to the family empire, Shane Brandon is a man who wields much power. Displaying little to no weakness, he exudes control and confidence in all things. Intent on protecting his family’s business becoming enslaved by corruption, he reluctantly inserts himself back into the fold of Brandon Enterprises.

The only chink in his amour is his mislaid loyalty to his wayward family. A chink they are readily willing to exploit. However failure is
    Christie«SHBBblogger»

Title: Hard Rules
    Series: Dirty Money #1
    Author: Lisa Renee Jones
    Release date: August 9, 2016
    Cliffhanger: Yes
    HEA(view spoiler)

The Dirty Money series has snagged my full attention with its first powerful installment Hard Rules. There was conniving and back stabbing around every corner and I never fully knew who was trustworthy, if anyone. I felt like I was constantly being forced to decipher every word, action, and nuance of the story in an effort to keep my head above water as
    ♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥

Hard Rules is intriguing, sexy and dangerous with a swoon worthy sexy hero. It focuses on a family empire with their legitimate company, drugs and morality at the centre of play. There are good people and bad people, secrets and lies all wrapped in an interesting story that has only just started to unfold on the pages of HARD RULES, the first in the SEXY four-part DIRTY MONEY series.

Shane Brandon and Emily Stevens are the leading characters with an undeniable sexual attraction and the couple re
    Sissy's Romance Book Review For You
    I received an eARC, from NetGalley and the publisher, in exchange for an honest review.
    'Hard Rules' by Lisa Renee Jones is book one in the "Dirty Money" series. This is the story of Shane Brandon and Emily Stevens. This book does end with a cliffhanger that set you for their continued story in the next book.
    Emily is hiding and keeping a secret as she try to start a new life and forgo her past when she meets Shane. They happen to meet when she grabs his coffee by mistake. Shane and her are both
    Dali
    Suspenseful, thrilling and deliciously sexy.
    "It's time for some rules?"
    "Rules? What rules?"
    "Hard rules. And hard rule number one is, no more lies."

Power and money are the main fuel that moves the Brandon family. Unlike the rest though, Shane only wants it by his own merit and if it’s attained legitimately. Something he was well on his way to achieve as a successful lawyer in NY. Far away from the current tangle of fraud and corruption his family’s empire is in. But having his heartless fathe
    Alicia
    4 I like drama stars

I am sure my moods play a huge part in weather I like a book or not, I had a really bad week and was in a sad and somber mood which matched this books pace.

photo somber_zps7vakbpey.gif

I really liked this story and its characters but I totally understand why some people had problems with it. It was a bit slow, there was not enough descriptive sex in it, the whole secret thing that Emily was hiding for the entire book, that we still did not have answers for and my god that prologue!! I mean WTF?? It was
    Beverly
    Aug 01, 2016 Beverly rated it really liked it
    Lisa Renee Jones can deliver suspense and a cliffhanger like no other. When I get to the end of her books I am always left begging for more. Hard Rules is no exception. This is the first book in the series and gives a lot of background information so that you can have a solid foundation going forward.

Shane Brandon is a good guy in a bad family. When we meet him he has just moved back to Denver to take over this family’s company. His dad is dying and his brother is corrupt. Shane isn’t like his
     Sonya-❥Chatterbooks book blog ❥
    3 Stars

photo 1470354798494_zpsboharjld.jpg

When I first read the tag line "Wallstreet meets Sons of Anarchy" I damned near drooled and I couldn't wait to start this one!! Because let's be real: my first thought was Jax Teller in a suit,and those brain cells that I had? WERE COMPLETELY GONE. What I got was a ruthless back stabbing family, secrets, betrayal and more secrets that left me completely exhausted.

"Blood divides as easily as it unites, especially when money and power are involved".

Shane Branson is a hotshot corporate l
    Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog
    Happy book birthday!

Amazon US: http://amzn.to/2aD8uGA
    Amazon UK: http://bit.ly/HardRulesAmazonUK
    B&N: http://bit.ly/HardRulesBN
    iBooks: http://bit.ly/HardRulesiBooks
    Google Play: http://bit.ly/HardRulesGoogle

3.5 stars!

Successful NY corporate lawyer Shane Brandon has achieved everything he did by his own merits, without staining his conscience and morality. Such cannot be said about his family. A heartless, dying father, a conniving, corrupt brother, and a mother scared of the possible consequenc
    FMABookReviews
    Hard Rules teaser

Yes and please. Remember those words and my name because I'm going to make you say them over and over again.

Hard Rules is about a man, Shane Brandon, who comes back to town to save his family's business from the corruption which is caused by his father and brother. Along the way, he meets a woman who he fully intended only as a one-night-stand, or at the very least a f*ck buddy. But the more he has of her, the more he wants despite the danger he fears he may be putting her in by associating
    Natalie The Biblioholic
    5 "Chris Merit needs to make room for Shane Brandon" stars!!

I absolutely loved Chris and wondered what kind of hero this series would have. LRJ did NOT disappoint. She found a way to create another phenomenal hero. Shane was honourable, dedicated, dominant, intelligent, charismatic, loyal, protective, and caring. And Emily really seemed to be his perfect match. She was loyal, smart, perceptive, secretive, sweet, and loving. These two together were combustible!

While enjoying a passionate relati
    Michelle
    ARC provided by publisher in exchange for an honest review

photo a89725f52795feab230efe288223c3_zpshjjkrols.gif

Lisa Renee Jones is synonymous with seductive romantic suspense and in her newest release, Hard Rules, she masterfully lures her readers down the proverbial rabbit hole of suspense, mystery, chicanery, passion and of the unknown. With her raw prowess and virtuosity of words, Lisa Renee Jones will define the hard rules of trust, duplicity, and love.

photo 1c8ae2c25815893367ae0bd6dffc61_zpsxvk4wygi.gif“And thanks to you,” he murmurs, his lips near my ear, “I’m not thinking about what I lef
    Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)
    Lisa Renee Jones pulls out all the stops in this romantic suspense that’s full of intrigue, passion, and power plays.

I instantly got sucked into the story of Hard Rules. I loved the fun way Emily and Shane meet, and I felt an immediate connection with both characters. They easily fall into flirtatious banter, and despite leading complicated lives that perhaps should have them running in the opposite direction, they find themselves undeniably drawn to each other. Shane fulfills Emily’s desire to
    Joëlle
    *** ARC kindly provided by the publisher St. Martin's Press, via NetGalley, in exchange for an honest review ***

I already read several books from this author and loved them all. When I saw this one on NetGalley I wanted to request an ARC immediately... And yay, I’m glad because I loved it.

This book gives us hot, protective Shane with his messed up family and a family business he wants to save by being a good guy. Who can he trust and who not? Is everybody who they seem to be? Even Emily? Emily h
    Snow

4.5 "NO MORE LIES" stars

It's really ungrateful to sum up the story, so i'll use the blurb cause it perfectly depicts the essence, and it's way better than I could have ever done for this story...

The only man within the Brandon empire with a moral compass, Shane Brandon is ready to take his family's business dealings legitimate. His reckless and ruthless brother, Derek wants to keep Brandon Enterprises cemented in lies, deceit, and corruption. But the harder Shane fights to pull the company bac
    Amanda
    Aug 08, 2016 Amanda rated it liked it
    Shelves: arc-netgalley
    This is a much complicated cat-n-mouse game within the Brandon family empire that left me feeling slightly puzzled and out of sort. Half the time I don't care much of the corporate drama, the other half I'm feeling information overloaded. It was all very Wall Street and it was kinda dry. But the root of the problem is the romance isn't strong and convincing enough.

First of all, I don't understand the reason for the prologue, I feel like I'm missing something crucial here. Or maybe it a plot that
    Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
    3.5 Stars

photo image_zpskulbgrbi.jpeg

My first endeavor in Lisa Renee Jones.......Dirty Money Series.
    Book 1: Hard Rules
    Book 2: Damage Control
    Book 3: Bad Deeds
    Book 4: End Game

Shane Brandon and Emily Stevens have a connection but it's complicated-Lies, Secrets, and a Family War. The dynamics of the Brandon Family is intriguing- father, mother and brothers all at war with each other, all spinning a tangled web for control of the family business. Emily is a solace to Shane but she has her own secrets and lies that can ruin eve
    Lillian ᴥ¤Lyly Star¤ᴥ
    ***** 4 Stars *****

Shane Brandon was an ambitious lawyer headed for the top in New York City, but he returned to Denver to help his family's empire. His brother was making sketchy deals and bringing in dirty money to the company. This had to stop before the scandal ruined everything.

Everyone in Shane's family is cunning and calculating. There are only a few people he can trust. And Emily is one person that could easily be turned into his weakness.

Emily and Shane's relationship was supposed to b
    ✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

Shane Brandon.

description

Shane has been in Denver for just under a year now. He left his amazing NYC lawyer position to go back home. Home to his criminal family. To save his dad and brother from going to jail or even getting killed. He wants to get all the family companies and monies back under control and into legal businesses. But easier said than done, because his brother Derek is not really interested in anything legal. And his dad is dying of cancer but still holds all the power and he's also still d
    Shannon Giffen
    Aug 11, 2016 Shannon Giffen rated it really liked it
    Shelves: arc
    Let's just get to the nitty gritty, shall we?

Now hear this, my good friends: I would not lie to you, I simply can't. So know that what I'm about to tell you is 100% honest and not in the least bit embellished. There was a large portion of this book where I had NO IDEA what the heck was going on. Zip. Nada. Nothing. I don't know if I was all of a sudden drunk while reading or just couldn't follow along or what, but apparently some pieces were just going completely over my head. But don't worry,
    Shanny
    Aug 03, 2016 Shanny rated it really liked it
    **** 4 stars ****

photo download 16_zpsu65fayeu.jpg

Great start to a new series.
    I was excited to read Hard Rules because of the blurb :Wall Street meets the Sons of Anarchy....who doesn't like the sound of that!!
    Well to be honest I didn't see why the mention of SOA because they were no bikers in this book but maybe it's because Shane family is as f*cked up as Jax!!

" She is my light in the storm of betrayal."

In Hard Rules we meet Shane Brandon and Emily Stevens.
    Shane is the youngest of the Brandons sons and comes back to D
    Give Me Books
    Aug 21, 2016 Give Me Books rated it really liked it
    Shane Brandon is having terrible, no good, very bad day... It started with his coffee being stolen by a beautiful imp named Emily Stevens, and went down hill from there.

After leaving a lucrative and satisfying law firm position, Shane's back in Denver trying to legitimatize the family business, Brandon Enterprises, much to the dismay of his brother, Derek, and his father. His father is ruthless and is pitting son against son in the battle.

The only real bright spot for Shane is Emily. Yes, the sa
    ~IreneOust~
    Aug 02, 2016 ~IreneOust~ rated it really liked it

Great start to what's shaping up to be an awesome new series from one of my favorite authors and a true Mistress of erotic suspense! Full review to follow closer to the release date but I enjoyed this installment full of twists and turns (not to mention all the HOT sex!) and can't wait to continue and see what becomes of all the secrets and lies we learned about in book 1!

Cheers!

photo amazon_zpszg0ubwvv.png

** ARC via publisher/NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
    Pavlina loves Dex ❤❤
    Not exactly what I was expected.It was a little bit slow for my taste I skip some parts because I wanted to see if something interesting will happen!!

Yay finally time to read this with Eliza and Bex <33

description

ARC provided via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

The Book Disciple (Samantha)
    Aug 04, 2016 The Book Disciple (Samantha) rated it really liked it
    Link to full review below! I really enjoyed this book! Mystery, intrigue, secrets, lies, and family drama! This review was originally posted on The Book Disciple
    Vasiliki
    Aug 17, 2016 Vasiliki rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: arc
    4.75 stars!!!!!

ARC kindly provided by St. Martin's Press via Netgalley in exchange of an honest review.

This is the story of Emily and Shane, two persons with lots of secrets!

Ms. Jones did it again! This book really blew my mind! The characters are very well thought and the writing of Ms. Jones is fantastic! The plot is full of surprises and twists that I cannot puzzle together yet! There was mystery, adventure, tension, romance and so much more!

Emily is an amazing heroine! She has secrets an
    Lisa Renee Jones'...: *****COVER REVEAL***** 4 36 Oct 07, 2015 10:43PM
    Lisa Renee Jones'...: New Series Announcement 6 59 May 19, 2015 06:32PM
    • Pennies (Dollar, #1)
    • Furious Rush
    • Marriage Games
    • Chandler (Fixed, #5)
    • The Protector
    • Hell Breaks Loose (Devil's Rock, #2)
    • Ruthless (Lawless, #1)
    • Sugar Rush (Sugar Bowl, #2)
    • Away from the Dark (The Light, #2)
    • Burn Down the Night (Everything I Left Unsaid, #3)
    • Exploited (Zero Day #1)
    • The Gun Runner (Mafia Made, #1)
    • Carnage (The Butcher, #2)
    • Punk 57
    • Unsuitable
    • Boss (The Bishop Brothers, #1)
    • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel #2)
    • Coming Clean (Monkey Business Trio, #3)
    New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author Lisa Renee Jones is the author of the highly acclaimed INSIDE OUT SERIES, and is now in development by Suzanne Todd (Alice in Wonderland) for cable TV. In addition, her Tall, Dark and Deadly series and The Secret Life of Amy Bensen series, both spent several months on a combination of the NY Times and USA Today lists.

Watch the video on casting for t
    More about Lisa Renee Jones...

Dirty Money (4 books)
    • Damage Control (Dirty Money, #2)
    • Bad Deeds (Dirty Money, #3)
    • End Game (Dirty Money, #4)

“It’s better to live one day as a lion than a hundred years as a lamb. —John Gotti CHAPTER” 2 likes
    “I never lie to any man because I don’t fear anyone. The only time you lie is when you are afraid. —John Gotti CHAPTER” 1 likes