Start by marking “Fire Dancer” as Want to Read:
Fire Dancer

Fire Dancer

4.01 of 5 stars 4.01  ·  rating details  ·  541 ratings  ·  27 reviews
When a serial arsonist known as The Fire Dancer strikes in the wilds
of Arizona, Tess finds herself fighting more than wildfires.

Tess Masterson's parents died in a terrible barn fire. The tragedy drover her to become one of the best smoke jumpers in the business. Though she makes a living jumping out of planes into roaring wildfires, she's never found the courage to face th
Published September 2nd 2007 by Thomas Nelson (first published October 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Fire Dancer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fire Dancer

Teresa B
Jul 30, 2010 Teresa B rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: western fans, those interested in firefighting
Fire Dancer was not my favorite Colleen Coble book so far, but it is still an exciting mystery. The characters live on an Arizona ranch, and some are also firefighters who jump from planes to fight wildfires. Great imagery. Frightening suspense. Compelling romance. Faith was woven into this story, but it played more of a background role than in her other books I have read.

CAUTION: Without giving any spoilers, I wish to warn that some of the characters' discoveries of the truth about past events
Dawn Turner
I LOVED the fact that Colleen had the courage to deal with something many authors seem to avoid like the plague - spiritual issues such as Skin Walkers. Those supernatural leaning aspects were one of the things I enjoyed most about this book, particularly since she hit it head on from the perspective of the power of prayer over such things. Go, Colleen!
Great book! I've read it 4 times since I got it.
The book begins with a young girl, Tess, getting a horse as a present from her loving parents. Within a few pages, though, her parents are gone, victims of a barn fire that eventually catapults grieving Tess into the world of smokejumpers, a dangerous profession requiring people to parachute from planes to fight wildfires.

Tess, now at the top of her game, becomes embroiled in another mystery: who cut the suspension lines of her chute, causing her friend Allie to suffer a serious accident (obvio
A story of a young woman named Tess coming to grips with the tragedy of losing her family to a barn fire when she was a teenager. Tess's entire life has revolved around putting out fires and protecting others from the same tragic fate that fell upon her own family. When she comes back to her family's ranch after being called on by her ill sister, she uncovers the truths about her parents' deaths, disturbing family secrets, and finds the bonds of friendship in love in unexpected places. Like all ...more
Billie Turknett
I really didn't think I'd like it at first and almost put it down until I got on here and read some reviews. I'm glad I read it. It is a good book. I had no idea who the killer was through out the book and even the clues didn't help if there were clues at all. I say that because a reviewer said there were clues but, I was completely shocked to find out whodunit. I'd recommend you read this book.
It was totally amazing, with the arsonist thing i didnt think it was Cooper, i had some other people in mind, like Les or Jimmy. Cooper just surprised me.
Have loved other books by this author but I lost interest and didn't finish it.
joyce lynn
WOW!!! i think this is the best one of her's that i've read so far. ok, scratch that, it IS the best one of her's i've read!!!

i SO needed to know "whodunit", that i carried it to the bathroom w/ me, the ball game, bed ... i even ALMOST wished for a bad health day, just so i'd have an excuse to get to stay in bed and read til i was finished. heck, i almost cheated and went to the last page when i was only about halfway thru!!!

i now have my hands on EVERY book of 2 of her series, that i'll start o
Teresa Snyder
Enjoyable book. Mystery and romance in one book. I was totally caught off guard by the Skinwalker. Not at all who I thought it would be. Actually, I was caught off guard by most of what was reviled (don't want to give anything away). Too bad this was not a series. I would like to have read more about the secondary characters as well as more about Chase and Tess. Cute ending.
Marcie Miller
Enjoyed another mystery of Colleen Coble. She never ceases to amaze me as how she comes up with such plots and characters to make up the suspense. She always keeps you guessing as to what will come next, and how the story will play out.
Without A Trace is still my favorite Colleen Coble book, but this one was definitely worth the read too. I wasn't expecting the skinwalker to be who it actually was. Came out of nowhere. Nice to be thrown for a loop. Paul and Mindy's story of the plot seemed slightly unfinished. But otherwise, Colleen made this an enjoyable read.
It was a good escape book. It kept my attention and was a bit of a mystery, so I needed to pay attention to clues throughout the book. My mother in law loaned this one to me, so I am not sure I would have ever chosen to read it myself, but I am glad I did.
I did not like this book. It was a mystery, but she got into these old legends that talked about man turning into animal, and it was just kinda creepy!
Favorite Quotes:
"There is more to a soul than what others see."

"What's hidden always has more power to harm than what is visible."
I like the Aloha Reef series better, but this story's ok. It has good action, and a tear-jerker that caught me by surprise.
Not a great work of fiction but so much fun. This author has great mystery and romance combined. Just a really enjoyable read.
Liz L
I like her writing style and it was fun that it was set in Arizona. Kept me guessing to the end. Pretty interesting.
I read this one in an afternoon. It delves into fire fighting and an arson's way of thinking. I couldn't put it down.
Enjoyed this novel....loved the characters and the tension between them. Romance, suspense - my favorite!
This one had another surprise ending! I kinda like this author... might have to find more of her books. :)
Robin Roy saylor
A must read- the first book I read by Colleen Coble and I've been hooked ever since!
Jul 10, 2009 Elaine marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
smoke jumper series #1
Great read. Loved the characters!
not my favorite, but a cool mystery.
Creepy...but so good! :)
i really loved this book it was a great mystery but hhad a bit of a love story in it so it was amazing! haha
Stacey marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2015
  • Stain of Guilt (Hidden Faces Series, #2)
  • Blind Dates Can Be Murder (Smart Chick Mysteries, #2)
  • Hope for the Holidays Historical Collection
  • Breaker's Reef (Cape Refuge, #4)
  • Ever Present Danger (Phantom Hollow Series, #1)
  • Kaleidoscope Eyes (Family Honor #2)
  • Expect the Sunrise (Team Hope, #3)
  • Before I Wake
USAToday bestselling author Colleen Coble lives with her husband, Dave, in Indiana. She is the author of dozens of novels including the Rock Harbor Series, the Aloha Reef Series, the Mercy Falls Series, the Hope Beach Series, the Lonestar Series and two Women of Faith fiction selections, Alaska Twilight and Midnight Sea. She has more than 2 million books in print.
More about Colleen Coble...

“There is more to a soul than what others see” 26 likes
“When you love someone, you expect them to love you back the same way - with a singleness of heart.” 14 likes