Start by marking “Thrill!” as Want to Read:
Thrill!

Thrill!

3.82  ·  Rating Details ·  2,489 Ratings  ·  66 Reviews
Jackie Collins has done it again! Her latest page-turner is an erotic, psychological thriller for the nineties -- a high-suspense story of love, sex, fame, violence, and obsession.An incomparable beauty, Lara Ivory is a dazzling movie star with the whole world at her feet. But at thirty-two, she has yet to find a man who is capable of coexisting with such a tempting object ...more
Published February 17th 1998 by Simon & Schuster (first published January 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Thrill!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thrill!

Aditi
Oh wow, it was one hell of a "THRILL" ride from L.A.'s fast lanes, studios and beach houses to it's darkest alleys, behind-the-bedroom-door dramas. This book gives you an insight of all the hot and happening, juicy tidbits and gossips of the tinsel town. From first page of the book, I totally got hooked, yeah Thrill will get you hooked from it's first page.

This novel is about Lara Ivory, a 'very' beautiful, A-class Holly actress falling for an 'incredibly' hot, junior actor, Joey Lorenzo, and h
Voracious
Aug 13, 2016 Voracious rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: buddy-reads
Another faultless 5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ offering from the wonderful Jackie Collins. Many of her books are now re-reads for me; thankfully I have the chance to buddy read them with a fellow JC fan :-) ...more
Brooklyn Tayla
My full review can be found on my blog: https://brooklynandherbooks.wordpress...

This is a third read for me, but I enjoyed it every bit as much as the first two reads. A buddy read with fellow JC aficionado, Voracious Reader, it makes for fabulous reading!
missemmamm
May 15, 2013 missemmamm rated it liked it
If possible I would give this book 3.5 stars.

I've been reading Jackie Collins' novels for years. However I just got around to reading this one. It's been a while since I've read one that's been out for more than a few years. This book was published in '98 yet reads like it was written in the 80s (for the most part).

This book about love, lust and suspense within the movie industry was a lot of fun. However the sex scenes and some of the dialogue were atrocious. A sex scene in which the woman isn'
Jeri --Country&Bookish
Thrill! was the very first Jackie Collins novel I ever read. I reread it every year just because I enjoy the stories so much. I wish there was a follow up novel about Summer. She was my fav character.
Mary
Mar 04, 2010 Mary rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I haven't read a JC book for a really long time, so this was a taste of the past for me. It was an enjoyable read, although I thought it lacked the depth into it's characters. JC uses lots of different characters in her book. Lara is the famous movie star who everyone wants to be, Richard is the crazed ex husband who is obsessed with Lara, Nikki is her best friend who seems to live in Lara's shadow, and upcoming movie star Joey becomes the new sexy love of her life, Alison the stalker who wants ...more
Aղցela W.
Sep 23, 2015 Aղցela W. rated it really liked it
This book was pretty good I have had it on my shelf for a couple of years I got it at a garage sale for a dollar and it was worth it. Lara Ivory is a dazzling movie star with the whole world at her feet she has an ex husband Richard and his new wife Nikki and all of them appear to be good friends. Lara meet the young and hot Joey Lorenzo who has a dark past. Their relationship is put to the test multiple times as the couple faces obstacles brought on by Joey's past. This book was hot the sex sce ...more
D
Jul 30, 2015 D rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Second book and I feel I have had enough of Jackie Collins and her will-sleep-with-everything-that-moves characters specially men (in this one only men) too much dirt for me to handle. To be honest, it's crap. Crap as in capital C R A P. If you want to read something completely non-sensical then welcome to Jackie land and this one is the best among all. I am not saying that I'm not gonna read Collins again *wink* we all need to read something like this once in a while. Once is a key word here. W ...more
Kara
Dec 05, 2011 Kara rated it really liked it
This was my first Jackie Collins book thy I've read that spear have to do with the Lucky series. I liked the novel a lot in the beginning but in the middle every character I hated but for Aidan. But getting to the end I started liking everyone again but RIchard, he has some nerve trying to spilt up Lara & Joey. Everyone has secrets their not ready to share.
Susans book review (susan miles)
i was hooked to this book from the begining altho it was a long book i loved it jackie collins does this everytime on all her books
loved how she wrote about all the different characters about there past and the present,
Jo
Jul 24, 2016 Jo rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Total trash but it hooked me and I enjoyed reading about the characters.
Found the ending a bit abrupt and don't think some of the characters deserved their happy endings...
Good fun. Perfect for a holiday read.
Erica
Feb 26, 2009 Erica rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book kept me interested, but I found myself geting annoyed with 2 of the characters. They both seemed possessive and lacked charm. If you like Jackie Collins you'll like this book...but it's not one of her best ones.
Maria
Jan 24, 2013 Maria rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Every other Hollywood movie. Read it when you want to relax your mind.
Shaun
Jul 09, 2013 Shaun rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library, 2013
I started reading this a few years ago but never got round to finishing it. I picked it up earlier intending to read a few pages and it is now 1.05am and I finished it a few minutes ago. Another unputdownable book from Jackie Collins. And, as I noted in The Love Killers, this book doesn't feel dated. Add a few mentions of Facebook, Twitter and some random L.A. zelebrities and this could have been written in 2013.

Unfortunately however, despite Ms. Collins being my favourite author I am yet to re
Ria
Jan 23, 2016 Ria rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A glitzy, racy book set in the film world.
Lara Ivory has it all, looks, wealth a successful career in the movies and men fall at her feet wherever she goes.
She has had a bad past and her marriage to the film director Richard Barry broke up when she caught him cheating, he is now with her friend Nikki and the three are now best friends together.
Nikki wants to branch out into producing and is working on a low budget movie and she has Lara in her sights as the main star but a bitter power struggle
Sam Weaver
May 29, 2016 Sam Weaver rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Let's be real: nobody cracks open a Jackie Collins book expecting to find elegant prose, understated dialogue, or even a semblance of realism. Collins' books aren't supposed to provoke deep thinking, they're supposed to be provocative and steamy, and Thrill serves up 400 pages of titillating Hollywood melodrama on a mirror-top coffee table with a side of champagne.

Are the characters multi-dimensional? Is the writing well-constructed? Does the plot make sense?

Who cares!? Thrill is sexy, funny, e
Rashina
Apr 01, 2011 Rashina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jackie Collins is by far the author that you want to read when you want to read about Hollywood life. Jackie's descriptions of her characters are on target. She makes you feel that you know them personally and enables you to understand how they react with each other. There is never a dull scene in any of her writings and she is able to intertwine her characters with ease. As soon as you are reading about one of them, she changes to another character to begin that little story. Then, when you are ...more
Loraine
Plenty of sex, drugs, drama and messed up relationships...typical Jackie Collins. I wanted to read some mindless fluff and that is exactly what I got. Multiple character story lines inter-woven and coming together at the end. Although I have to say that the ending seemed a bit lame in some respects. The "unknown character" chapters I had figured out pretty early on - wasn't too surprised when it was revealed who it was. The incest storyline was quite good but I wanted more revenge for Summer tha ...more
Kumar Shiva
Mar 04, 2013 Kumar Shiva rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Its my first Jackie Collins novel and this one stands up to the raunchiness and sleaze, she is known for.Being a typical Collins novel,its definitely a NO read for serious readers.But if you enjoy the tamashas of the celeb life,this one is for you.Its fast paced enough for one to complete the book.The novelist's style of writing keeps you hooked until the end,with stories of many characters intermingled.Not a novel worth keeping in your shelf,but nonetheless a very entertaining and a good one fo ...more
Agi
Nov 02, 2011 Agi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
Typical JC. But I like it:) For the big, big part of the book there is a little action, okay - there is always something happening, and there are some reminiscents of the past, and I must say that I have read this book some times already and I always took the hero of one of the past stories for the other hero. A lot of pain, sex, amazing twists and amazingly surprising end, like always by JC.
Really like it.
Amelia
Jun 08, 2012 Amelia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thrill! isn't as thrilling as I wanted it to be......Could have been better, though the characters are well fleshed out and quite intriguing. My favorite of the lot is Nikki, although she's not the lead. Lara Ivory as the star is quite the perfect doll. (A bit too much for me!! :D)
A lot of action-packed scenes and tons of exciting moments, but the climax peters out.....Would have loved a more unpredictable one!
All in all, a good ride.
Amanda
Apr 30, 2013 Amanda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Accept no substitutes - Jackie is the best at what she does!!!

I have read Jackie Collins since I was in my mid teens and of course back then it was very raunchy but over the years it seems to have tamed a little, or is that because I am more worldly-wise? What I do know is whatever the read, and this is one of her earlier stories they have a strong list of characters, including at least one strong woman AND there is always a great plot with an added twist. I really enjoyed it.
Dakota
Jul 02, 2012 Dakota rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you're looking for a simple read about sex, drugs, and money then read this book...or any book by Collins as a matter of fact.
It's a fast paced book that keeps it's readers entertained until the last page. Definitely a great vacation read.
I gave it three stars bcecause, although it was an interesting read, it was rather wordy and at times predictable.
Janalynn
Jun 13, 2009 Janalynn rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I can't figure out what the title has to do with the book. This story goes a little too slowly. And, let's be honest, too much bad language and sex. I feel sorry for anyone who lives the way these characters do. And the big surprise is told a little too early.
Jude
Oct 16, 2012 Jude is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Read lots of JC books in my early twentys, and am feeling I need some light fluffy relief again plus the book was so cheap I am giving novel reading my attention after years of abandonment. Hope this ignites some passion again to escape into another world.
Jamie Rose
Feb 17, 2013 Jamie Rose rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Jackie Collins, so I thought this was great. Lots of action, great characters and happy endings for the characters that deserved it:) slight overuse of the word 'merely' but other than that this is a really good story.
Jazz
Apr 13, 2014 Jazz rated it did not like it
This book was so boring! Yes it had sex, drugs, and the glamorous life. But to be honest, I felt extremely bored while reading it, and the characters annoyed me! Sorry, but this book was a snoozer for me.
Janet
Nov 05, 2008 Janet rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good book. I am slowly getting used to her style of writing. I find it hard at the start of one of her books to keep the characters straight until I get to know them better. This is my second book of hers.
Colleen
This was an easy read; story was okay. Had an interesting pace and I liked the chapters where we didn't know which character it was written about.
Farshana
May 05, 2014 Farshana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nool-lib
As always JC stories are all a thrilling ride with a myriad of characters all culminating in a mind blowing climax.
Jackie Collins Fans: Thrill! 1 5 Nov 15, 2012 12:37AM
  • Pandora
  • Lace II
  • Random Acts
  • Se7en
  • Dot.Homme
  • Kissing the Bride (Medieval, #4)
  • Luciano's Luck
  • Dazzle
  • The Morning After
  • Star-Spangled Bride
  • Honeymoon
  • Those Girls (Jinx, #1)
  • Gold Diggers
  • In the Name of Love
  • Protected Hearts (Rosewood, Texas, #1)
  • Everything to Gain and A Secret Affair
  • Bad Girls
  • Jacqueline Susann's Shadow Of The Dolls
There have been many imitators, but only Jackie Collins can tell you what really goes on in the fastest lane of all. From Beverly Hills bedrooms to a raunchy prowl along the streets of Hollywood; from glittering rock parties and concerts to stretch limos and the mansions of power brokers-Jackie Collins chronicles the real truth from the inside looking out.

Jackie Collins has been called a "raunchy
More about Jackie Collins...