Start by marking “The Privateer” as Want to Read:
The Privateer

The Privateer

After a young beauty is saved from a debtors prison to be a companion to the mother of the Earl of Grayshire, little does she know she will soon be embroiled in his life of high-seas adventure--and become his wife. Original.
Published January 1st 2008 by Leisure Books

To ask other readers questions about The Privateer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Privateer

Mary B.
I was disappointed. The first half of this book was awesome. There was a great build-up, a logical sequence of events, good characterizations... Then somewhere in the middle the story just went haywire. The heroine had a few incredibly TSTL moments, and behaved in ways that were completely ridiculous and irrational. And don't even get me started on the meddling controlling, annoying mother. The hero's mom was so intrusive and the constant bickering between the two of them was tiresome and ...more
Valeie Nadon
Aug 01, 2014 Valeie Nadon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excitement and Thrills!!!

Excitement and Thrills!!!

I really enjoyed this book. it gave me a look into the past and the many ways the Country was ran. The simply fact that a wife could be imprisoned for her husband's debts even though she h ad nothing to do with making the debts. I liked the story line and the suspense it gave to the end. A really interesting and exciting book!! M u s t. R e a d.
Noelia
Jul 21, 2016 Noelia rated it liked it
Traducida como "Corsario", es una lectura agradable, con un poco de acción y aventura y con unos personajes agradables, que resulta bastante entretenida.
Cris Díaz
Jan 21, 2015 Cris Díaz rated it liked it
Un libro entretenido pero que se olvida facilmente
Rowan
Oct 24, 2016 Rowan rated it liked it
Utter crap but thoroughly enjoyable
Ashley
Feb 09, 2014 Ashley rated it it was ok
Yeah... so, um... in all fairness, I didn't finish this book (so maybe this viewpoint is a little premature and skewed). However, I have to say that I was disappointed. I chose this book based on the reviews thinking it would be awesome. Yet.... 6 chapters in, and I can't get myself to finish it. And I love historical romances! Maybe it's the fact that the main characters just didn't grab me. The hero is too nice.... if there could be such a thing as that. It's almost laughable, really. And the ...more
Toni James
Apr 30, 2015 Toni James rated it really liked it
The only reason I am giving this 4 stars is a few too convenient things in the book.
I feel that the beginning and how they meet would have worked out better in a more plausible scenario. That's the biggest one that bugged me. The mother is a "philanthropist" but you soon see her contradict this completely. There was another scene but it would spoil it to explain.
All in all still a good read. I mean it's not that I haven't read a book before that was too convenient in places lol. It's the wonderf
Cindy Woods
Not bad

This book was okay... not had. It has a decent plot and good characters. The title is a bit misleading, though, as there's very little sea action . The entire story is carried out on dry land but for one incident.
I loved the earl....not so happy with the Lark character as I found her rather childish at times.
I would recommend to historical romance novel readers.
Sarah M
May 12, 2013 Sarah M rated it it was ok
Lady Lark Eddington has been left penniless after her father's suicide, scorned by the tonne, and thrown into debtor's prison. King, the Earl of Grayshire, pays her bond, and thus begins their romance. I really don't know why I read this to the end, as the author has used every cliche in the book. It's a mediocre entry in the ranks of historical romances, without much to recommend.
Anya
Nov 11, 2008 Anya rated it did not like it
One of the worst historical romances I have ever read. The plot was superficial, the characters came across as awkward, and somehow the author never fully managed to grab my attention.
Daneesha
Jun 30, 2015 Daneesha rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this book. My only issue was with Lark giving up so easily on her man. She should have remained steadfast and fought for what they had. Still had a HEA, despite the trouble.
Alba Williams
Alba Williams rated it it was amazing
Feb 06, 2014
Kat
Kat rated it really liked it
Dec 07, 2014
Tonya Price
Tonya Price rated it did not like it
Jul 01, 2014
Frances
Frances rated it it was ok
May 06, 2013
Regina Mastrogiacomo
Regina Mastrogiacomo rated it it was amazing
Oct 03, 2014
Becca Huckert
Becca Huckert rated it really liked it
Apr 17, 2013
Lori Cansler
Lori Cansler rated it really liked it
Oct 16, 2014
Katharine Coble
Katharine Coble rated it it was amazing
Apr 30, 2014
Nancy Cole
Nancy Cole rated it it was amazing
Jun 28, 2014
Carla Reese
Carla Reese rated it really liked it
Aug 29, 2015
Robin McCown
Robin McCown rated it liked it
Sep 13, 2011
Caylen
Caylen rated it it was amazing
Apr 06, 2014
Helen Wiley
Helen Wiley rated it really liked it
Sep 15, 2014
Bluejay44
Bluejay44 rated it liked it
Sep 29, 2011
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it really liked it
Sep 10, 2011
Ldlimes
Ldlimes rated it really liked it
May 14, 2014
Kristin
Kristin rated it liked it
Jul 06, 2016
Debbie Reynolds
Debbie Reynolds rated it it was amazing
Jan 23, 2008
Shannon
Shannon rated it it was amazing
May 24, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • A Knight's Honor
  • Texas Hold Him
  • When Love Comes (Night Riders, #5)
  • Silken Threads (Wexford Family, #1; Lords of Conquest, #1)
  • Bound by the Heart
  • Legacy
  • Vanquished (The Roxbury Trilogy, #1)
  • A Scandalous Past (Scandalous, #5)
  • The Falcon's Bride
  • The Mistress' House
  • Her Secret Desire (Lord Hawkesbury's Players #1)
  • In the Mood
  • Hawks Mountain
  • Grace (Virtue, #1)
  • Simmer All Night (Bad Luck Abroad, #1)
  • Wild Desire (Wild, #2)
  • Heart of a Knight

“such tracts as these. The trouble was, they seemed more the rule than the exception,” 1 likes