Start by marking “One-Minute Bedtime Stories (Doubleday Balloon Books)” as Want to Read:
One-Minute Bedtime Stories (Doubleday Balloon Books)

One-Minute Bedtime Stories (Doubleday Balloon Books)

4.33 of 5 stars 4.33  ·  rating details  ·  18 ratings  ·  5 reviews
A collection of twenty one-minute stories including well-known fairy tales, legends, and fables.
Published August 10th 1982 by Doubleday Books for Young Readers (first published 1982)

To ask other readers questions about One-Minute Bedtime Stories, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One-Minute Bedtime Stories

Rebecca
Shari Lewis writes "To the Parents": "Many of our basic children's stories are well worth passing on as part of our cultural heritage. The only catch is this: These tales were written in another time, when life was lived at a slower pace, with fewer distractions and fewer available forms of entertainment. In their long form, the classic stories often don't fit our present needs. That's why I started writing one-minute stories...or you can stretch each tale into a five- or ten-minute shared exper ...more
Annette Taylor-james
This book reminds me of Aesop Fables it has short stories some of which I read as a child. Great for naptime.
Kathleen
One of the greatest books for kids ever written! My Dad used to read me stories from this book at night- and I would always ask for "just one more." The re-telling of some of the classics are included (like "Rumpelstiltskin") and an original little gem called "Why the Cat Washes After Meals." But my favorite, and one I heard so many times I can still recite it word-for-word, is "The Lion and The Mouse." This poem is sure to be some other child's favorite, as it was mine... and still is!
Vanessa Lee
My dad used to read these to me before bedtime. Great memories.
Rebecca
Great little short stories for bedtime reading!
Fernando Silva
Fernando Silva is currently reading it
Jun 15, 2015
Moses
Moses marked it as to-read
May 04, 2015
Cailin
Cailin added it
Apr 16, 2015
Sue O'Neill
Sue O'Neill marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2015
Mehdi
Mehdi marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2015
William Colyer
William Colyer marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2015
Bobbiandtula
Bobbiandtula marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2014
Skpradhan
Skpradhan marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2014
Alex
Alex marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2014
Frances Camarines
Frances Camarines marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
Kristen Ipson
Kristen Ipson marked it as to-read
May 17, 2014
Trina Miller
Trina Miller marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2014
Alyssa
Alyssa marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2014
Jeyameenackshi Sampath
Jeyameenackshi Sampath marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2013
Guig Med lemine
Guig Med lemine marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2013
Jenna
Jenna marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2013
Kate
Kate added it
Jul 01, 2013
Alexis
Alexis marked it as to-read
May 23, 2013
CINDERELLA (Lamb Chop's Play-Along Fairy Tale) One-Minute Jewish Stories One-Minute Fairy Tales The Boat Contest: Featuring Aesop's the Lion and the Mouse (Lamb Chop's Fables) Spooky Stuff: A Book Full of Wacky Activities That Will Scare Your Friends Out of Their Sneakers But Won't Hurt a Hair on Their Heads!