Start by marking “Blood Ravens: The Dawn of War Omnibus” as Want to Read:
Blood Ravens: The Dawn of War Omnibus

Blood Ravens: The Dawn of War Omnibus (Warhammer 40,000)

Omnibus edition of the three Dawn of War novels, which tie in to the best-selling THQ computer game.
Published May 6th 2008 by Games Workshop

To ask other readers questions about Blood Ravens, please sign up.

Angel That is correct. It contains the three full novels, plus a short story about the character of Isador.

Pmk4609
Apr 28, 2010 Pmk4609 rated it it was amazing
I finished the Warhammer 40000 novel, The Blood Raven’s Omnibus, many months ago and even now I find it intriguing and philosophically engaging. It not only introduces the reader to an interesting plot and realistic characters but also makes them think that even the infallible Space Marines have their faults. In the book the main character Gabriel Angelos, the captain of the Space Marines, finds himself following the foretold path set by the mysterious Eldar race and battling the fierce Orks and ...more
John
Jun 29, 2008 John rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: no one
Shelves: sci-fi, 40k
Want to give lower than one star. Use only as turpentine, it sucks the paint right off the walls.

DO NOT READ CS GOTO!
He writes some nasty weak fan fic shit. I've read Half Life fan stuff that was better than this.
Angel
Oct 19, 2011 Angel rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: WH 40K fans, librarians
Shelves: science_fiction
It took me a while, but this book was certainly worth reading. For me, it was very appealing to see librarians that kick ass, and this book certainly highlights the Space Marine librarian characters well, including the good and the darker sides. That the Blood Ravens Space Marines are scholars themselves is also appealing. The books feature a good amount of action and intrigue, but if you like reading more about the lore of the Space Marines, you get a good amount of description and exposition a ...more
Millboar
Sep 08, 2012 Millboar rated it it was amazing
I must admit that overall one of my favorite things to see was the librarians obliterating everything. I have never been able to get much insight into these shadowy figures and their connection with the warp. The addition of the Eldar as a major force and plot focus was also a welcome surprise. They alone could have made this book readable if only to better understand their complex relationship with the Necron. Another captivating aspect of the story was the space battles. Many of the spacecraf ...more
James
Jun 10, 2012 James rated it liked it
Shelves: sci-fi-fantasy
I have mixed feelings about this. There were a few books in here, and not all were good. The story was jumbled, and the whole plot line with Rhamah was painful until the end. I also had to ask a friend who knew more about the universe as a whole to fill in blanks, like why was the physic beacon important? Not answered in the book.

I did like the whole description of how Quirus Ckrius was transformed into an adeptus astartes. The story between the Eldar and Gabriel was also top notch. Overall I am
Rob Ballister
Jan 23, 2016 Rob Ballister is currently reading it
This book is actually three books, and I've read the first two so far.

The first book, DAWN OF WAR, is a great example of Warhammer 40K literature, plenty of violence and combat between the Blood Ravens space marines and the eldar.

The second book, ASCENSION, is more cerebral. There is still a fair amount of action and combat, but it's not a typical WH40K book. It is more of a set up for the third book, which I haven't read yet.
Brian
Apr 06, 2013 Brian rated it really liked it
Interesting to read a story that fleshes out the events in the game. Yet like several other W40k trilogies, the later books are not as good as the first. And for a book, there is a lingering question of what happened to the demon? In conclusion, the third book ended rather abruptly and was an unsatisfying conclusion.
Aaron
Nov 16, 2008 Aaron rated it liked it
I took this book to camp and was pleasntly suprised. Generally,40K books were rather mediocre, this featured an interesting, and creepy plot, with some truly amazing battles. (WARNING: very, very gory!)
Vernon Jettlund
Jun 12, 2013 Vernon Jettlund rated it liked it
Good trash fiction - int he future there is only war. It is a nice departure from the game, I was expecting a re-hash of that story, which the first book is, but the rest are nice continuations of it without reaching Dawn of War II.

Knowledge is power. Guard it well.
Mariano Tello Nocetti
Sep 07, 2009 Mariano Tello Nocetti rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Warhammer 40 Fans and Dawn of War Fans
Compendio de 3 novelas, donde relata las aventuras de los Blood Ravens y su capitan Gabriel Angelos.
Mitchell
Dec 11, 2010 Mitchell rated it it was amazing
Very good. I am an active player of the series of games and i usually wince at when people make things like these...but it was worth the read. I recommend it even if you are not a fan of the series.
Nicolai Nygaard
Nicolai Nygaard rated it it was ok
May 02, 2013
Joey Esco
Joey Esco rated it really liked it
Oct 08, 2012
Jono
Jono rated it liked it
Sep 27, 2015
Murat
Murat rated it really liked it
Jun 06, 2014
Andrew
Andrew rated it really liked it
Mar 20, 2014
Michael Albanese
Michael Albanese rated it really liked it
Jun 13, 2015
Sebastian
Sebastian rated it it was ok
Sep 30, 2011
brett james
brett james rated it liked it
Mar 30, 2014
Jason Kuhn
Jason Kuhn rated it really liked it
Jun 24, 2016
Justin Torres
Justin Torres rated it liked it
Mar 20, 2015
Jacob Goschi
Jacob Goschi rated it really liked it
Jun 03, 2009
Paul
Paul rated it it was amazing
Dec 15, 2016
CakePirate
CakePirate rated it it was ok
Nov 16, 2016
Tristan
Tristan rated it liked it
Sep 01, 2016
Redundantthermos
Redundantthermos rated it really liked it
May 10, 2015
B
B rated it liked it
May 05, 2013
Stephen
Stephen rated it really liked it
Mar 08, 2011
John
John rated it it was ok
May 08, 2012
Fraser Smith
Fraser Smith rated it liked it
Jan 01, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Victories of the Space Marines
  • Chapter War (Soul Drinkers, #4)
  • Scourge the Heretic
  • Space Wolf: The Second Omnibus
  • Let the Galaxy Burn
  • Blood Gorgons
  • Lord of the Night

Warhammer 40,000 (1 - 10 of 880 books)
  • Horus Rising (The Horus Heresy, #1)
  • False Gods