Start by marking “The Mind of Christ: The Transforming Power of Thinking His Thoughts” as Want to Read:
The Mind of Christ: The Transforming Power of Thinking His Thoughts

The Mind of Christ: The Transforming Power of Thinking His Thoughts

With this new edition of The Mind of Christ, readers will find themselves embarking on the never-ending quest to become more like Jesus. This book helps Christians understand how God works within them and transforms them, continually renewing and reshaping their minds to reflect the mind of Christ more closely.
Published April 1st 1997 by B&H Books

To ask other readers questions about The Mind of Christ, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mind of Christ

Pamela
Sep 05, 2010 Pamela rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone
Shelves: christian-reads
"The Mind of Christ: The Transforming Power of Thinking His Thoughts" by T.W. Hunt served to be an insightful and exhilarating read for those searching to have "the mind of christ." In my opinion, having "the mind of christ" is having the ability to think like Jesus thought, or according to exercises that T.W. Hunt has you work on throughout the book, it's the ability of directing your thoughts to be as close to the thoughts of Jesus Himself.
Dr. Hunt begins with several exercises for the reader
James B
Mar 02, 2014 James B rated it liked it
To present the mind of Christ in 170 pages is just ludicrous. So I would expect the book took an approach of how to study and be conformed to the mind of Jesus. Instead, the book listed many qualities of Christ (first section) and then life of Christ,including Crucifixion and resurrection, which was more of describing what happened rather than the mind... It was a bit disappointment to read that, because the book did not present any deeper insight. The book is accurate in what it writes and supp ...more
Bruce
Aug 03, 2011 Bruce rated it it was amazing
Paul tells us in 1 Corinthians 2 that we "have the mind of Christ." Yet for me and many others that I journey with, this seems an empty statement. T. W. Hunt writes an amazing book describing what this means, how it can change our lives, and what we need to do to more fully experience the "mind of Christ" within our day-to-day lives. Highly recommend this book. It is an outstanding read, maybe not entertaining, but challenging and outstanding.
Eric
Mar 20, 2016 Eric rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Bible study teachers
Hunt was on staff with Billy Graham, which is an indirect credential as to his qualifications to write this book. Mind of Christ is very challenging in that it is easy to understand and actually easy to implement, but at the cost of this age. To have the active mind of Christ, Hunt argues that we must develop a greater obsession of knowing Jesus. By the power of the Holy Spirit our mind (outlook) is changed to reflect that of Jesus, holy, a servant to all, even sinners, a comforter, submissive t ...more
Marni Tagami
Jan 12, 2016 Marni Tagami rated it it was amazing
What an inspirational read. The author has clearly defined what "the mind of Christ" is that believers receive upon salvation, and then goes through a well-organized presentation of what it means to grow in this aspect of becoming Christ-like. It is not a book about spiritual disciplines like study, fasting, prayer, meditation and the like. It is rather a beautiful portrait of Jesus Christ Himself. As the author takes us through several different ways to think like Christ, one can't help but to ...more
Clara Roberts
Oct 15, 2014 Clara Roberts rated it it was amazing
A friend describe T. W. Hunt as a saint. This is a book about the transformation of the mind as one commits oneself daily to the Christ. I have heard of Dr. Hunts conference on prayer and I am sorry that I never got to attend a conference. I do want to read his books on prayer. This is a book I will reread several times.
Dustin
May 20, 2016 Dustin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book was a close reading of New Testament texts that took a look at what kind of person Jesus was on earth. Certainly he was divine but while he lived as a mortal, he presented himself as a man. What does that mean for me? How can I be like he was? The book was very good perspective on how I can surrender my will to him and replace my mind with his mind, my heart with his heart.
Lisa
Jan 14, 2008 Lisa rated it really liked it
Our biggest challenge and the seat of change in our lives is the renewing of our mind. Seeing people, the world, understanding and thinking more like Christ.
Chris Bates
May 27, 2012 Chris Bates rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spirituality
Challenging study. At times overwhelming but ultimately led to my complete surrender to follow Christ on this amazing journey.
Keven Newsome
Jun 17, 2011 Keven Newsome rated it liked it
Shelves: newsome-library
An intellictual read that borders on stuffy at times. Contains a great retelling of the crucifixion and a really nice overview of the names of God.
Theresa Boudreau
Theresa Boudreau rated it it was amazing
Jan 09, 2014
Pagika Benjamin
Pagika Benjamin rated it it was amazing
Feb 25, 2008
Archie Mphuti
Archie Mphuti rated it it was amazing
Aug 10, 2011
Larry
Larry rated it it was amazing
Jan 16, 2013
Janet Danner
Janet Danner rated it did not like it
Jan 12, 2013
Janet Brown
Janet Brown rated it really liked it
Feb 25, 2015
John Draper
John Draper rated it it was ok
Feb 18, 2015
Keysha
Keysha rated it really liked it
Apr 07, 2013
Claudia
Claudia rated it liked it
Sep 17, 2007
Julie Reynolds
Julie Reynolds rated it really liked it
Jan 18, 2017
Travis Ogle
Travis Ogle rated it it was amazing
Jan 15, 2012
Chelsea
Chelsea rated it it was amazing
Jan 17, 2017
Kourtney
Kourtney rated it it was amazing
Feb 02, 2015
D.Carter
D.Carter rated it really liked it
Oct 11, 2014
Joe Marlin
Joe Marlin rated it really liked it
Jun 10, 2015
shirley casillas
shirley casillas rated it it was amazing
Jul 13, 2015
Patricia Alfatemi
Patricia Alfatemi rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2017
Chuck Shrader
Chuck Shrader rated it it was ok
Jun 01, 2013
Buck Moore
Buck Moore rated it it was amazing
Mar 09, 2012
Mitzi Adkinson
Mitzi Adkinson rated it really liked it
Mar 17, 2014
  • Practicing the Presence of People: How We Learn to Love
  • Authentic Faith: The Power of a Fire-Tested Life
  • Destined for the Throne
  • Peace with God: The Secret of Happiness
  • Cat and Dog Theology: Rethinking Our Relationship with Our Master. Living Passionately for the Glory of God
  • What Would Jesus Eat?: The Ultimate Program for Eating Well, Feeling Great, and Living Longer
  • Renewed Mind, The: Becoming the Person God Wants You to Be
  • Seeking Him: Experiencing the Joy of Personal Revival
  • Heaven: Your Real Home
  • The Freedom And Power Of Forgiveness
  • The Message: The New Testament in Contemporary Language
  • Forgive and Forget: Healing the Hurts We Don't Deserve
  • Don't Just Stand There, Pray Something: The Incredible Power of Intercessory Prayer
T.W. Hunt was widely known as an authority on prayer and was the author of such books as The Mind of Christ and Disciple’s Prayer Life. He also was a professor of music and missions at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary from 1963 to 1987.

While he made a profession of faith in Christ at age 10, it was not until 1959 that he committed his life to Christ after reading a copy of the Martin Lut
More about T.W. Hunt...

“Satan knows that if he can get our attention for five seconds, he may have our mind for five minutes!” 0 likes
“man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart” (1 Sam. 16:7).” 0 likes