Start by marking “The Ghost Host (The Ghost Host, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Ghost Host (The Ghost Host, #1)

The Ghost Host (The Ghost Host, #1)

4.22  ·  Rating Details  ·  49 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
Everyone thinks Echo Simmons is crazy, but being The Ghost Host isn’t just a YouTube hoax like people think. It’s the only way to control the ghosts haunting her…at least until the FBI shows up asking questions.

The first eighteen years of Echo Simmons’ life have been less than ideal. On more than one occasion her parents have considered committing her. They don’t believe
Published October 6th 2015

To ask other readers questions about The Ghost Host, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ghost Host

Apryl Baker
Sep 29, 2015 Apryl Baker rated it it was amazing
I've been a fan of Delsheree Gladden since I read Twin Souls. She has always amazed me with her ability to tell a story and suck you in. When I was given the opportunity to read The Ghost Host I jumped. And I was disappointed. It's brilliant.

Echo Simmons is a young woman who deals with her own weirdness by hosting an online web show where the ghosts that harass her can have an outlet to speak through her. She helps them pass on messages to loved ones. Well mostly. Sometimes, those messages aren'
books are love
Oct 14, 2015 books are love rated it really liked it
Love Malachi and on the fence about Kyran. Echo has a lot of growing up to do. those were my initial thoughts as I was reading.

this is a fun book. A creative book as well. I look forward to continuing the journey with this group and seeing what is next.

Echo is a different type of character. She didn't begin with having confidence or strength. She allowed others to make her decisions. Even her friend Holden. She was suffocating under her parents only because they loved her but didn't believe her.
booknerd_dork
Oct 05, 2015 booknerd_dork rated it really liked it
The Ghost Host, it's freaking cool title! I enjoyed the book very much!!
Echo Simmons hosts ghosts on her show on youtube named Ghost Host. She sees ghosts (obvio :P) and they are good but there are also bad ones. The experiences with some of the ghosts had left Echo scared and made her trust less whether they be ghosts or people.
No one believes her, not even her parents. Just her friends Zara and Holden. Everything has been under control since she started The Ghost Host show but that goes dow
Connected By Books
Oct 25, 2015 Connected By Books rated it really liked it
What a wonderfully terrifying this book is!!! I had no idea what to expect as this is the first book I’ve ever read by DelSheree Gladden, but I was pleasantly surprised by how great and detail oriented her writing is.

The Ghost Host tells the story of high-school senior Echo, who has the hidden capacity of talking to ghosts and conveying their written messages to their dear ones, but unbeknownst to her, these messages are not always pleasant ones. After a frightening such as event left her emotio
Angelique Bodine
Oct 16, 2015 Angelique Bodine rated it really liked it
The Ghost Host was a compelling read for me. It pulls you in and you could easily read the whole thing without stopping(unless you have two small children begging for your attention, like me). My only complaint was the amount of missing letters, words and commas throughout the book. The book read surprisingly well despite these, but they were there and did slow me down. Because of that I did knock my review down a notch.

4 out of 5 stars

So, my favorite part of any book is the characters. This boo
Amy  Crull
Oct 13, 2015 Amy Crull rated it really liked it
~I was given this for an honest review~

I must say I haven't read many books like this but this one sounded so interesting. I was so right, I wasn't expect the way this book turned out at all.
Lisa Foster
Oct 20, 2015 Lisa Foster rated it really liked it
Shelves: i-am-a-reader
MY REVIEW 4/5 STARS:

The cast is an amazing bunch of complex characters, who are very well developed and add to the story but it is limiting as this is a serial and the cast can't be well developed unless you use a complete chapter for each. The main characters are Echo & Malachi and the story is told in their alternating points of view. This is listed as New ADult paranormal but can be a Young Adult as the storyline fits their genre crowd as late teens. I love the idea that Echo is adapting
Wall-to-wall books - wendy
Oct 16, 2015 Wall-to-wall books - wendy rated it it was amazing
Oh I absolutely loved everything about this book! First off, I love ghost stories. It is probably one of my favorite book subjects. Especially when they are done well, and this one was! There was lots of ghost activity in here.
I was going to start by saying this is a fun, quirky story not one of those dark scary ghost stories. But.... at the end it did turn kind of scary. I was actually kind of scared to go into my bedroom in the dark (it didn't help that I was reading the end at night). I ran o
Marissa
Oct 11, 2015 Marissa rated it really liked it
4 out of 5 stars ARC Kindle Copy for Review

Most people think that soon to be high school graduate Echo Simmons is crazy. She hosts an online show called The Ghost Host as her means to cope with being haunted by them. Little does she know that even the FBI has noticed her as they pop up on her doorsteps asking questions.

For this eighteen year old life has not easy as her parents do not believe that she sees ghosts or in them. They have always over protected her and control all her decisions. She
Witchy Richey's Booktastic Reviews
4 Ghost Whispering Stars

OMG!! This is like the Ghost Whisperer meets Supernatural meets X-Files/Alias meets Buffy the Vampire Slayer (minus the Vampires) So really it would be Echo the FBI Ghost Slayer....

This one started off really slow for me but it grabbed me quick. It felt a tad young for the age of the characters but holy moly half way through and I couldn't stop. I am dying for the next fix!

Echo is not your ordinary 18 year old woman. She has seen more in her 18 years than any of us will e
Alicia at Mean Girls Luv Books
I had really high hopes for this book. The synopsis sounded great and I love a good paranormal/physic medium book. This seemed right up my alley, but it wasn't quite what I was hoping for. I wasn't totally disappointed, the storyline held, I just had a really hard time connecting with the characters.

Echo is the ghost medium in this story. She controls her ability/situation with the ghosts by hosting an online show, The Ghost Host, in order for the ghosts to get their messages across. The ghosts
Corrine Pickering
Oct 02, 2015 Corrine Pickering rated it really liked it
*** Reviewed for Hooked on Books ***

The Ghost Host - Bk1 - DelSheree Gladden 4 stars

Book Junky Girls
Sep 26, 2015 Book Junky Girls rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

Using YouTube to give ghosts a voice is the only way Echo can get any peace the rest of the time. When her latest message bring the FBI to her door will she finally find that there are more people out there who believe her than her two best friends? When your own parents don't believe her it's hard to grasp that finally there might be other who don't think she's a fraud. And then there's her ghosts grandson... What is it about him and what is the connection they have?

Echo doesn't care i
Melissa Ousley
Sep 21, 2015 Melissa Ousley rated it it was amazing
The Ghost Host starts with a bang. The book begins minutes before a web show is about to be filmed. Echo Simmons, the main character, introduces us to her world. All her life, she’s been haunted, plagued by ghosts only she can see, who expect her to deliver messages to the loved ones they left behind. Most people think she’s crazy and her show is a hoax. She’s shunned by kids at school, and even her parents think she needs therapy for her issues.

Luckily, she has two friends who do believe her,
Becky
Oct 11, 2015 Becky rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this story! The cast is an amazing bunch of characters who are very well developed and add to the story. The "secondary characters" really weren't that, because without them the story wouldn't be the same. I loved our main characters, Echo and Malachi, and especially their alternating points of view. I read a lot of paranormal and I felt this was truly unique. I super loved that it's a New Adult, because we are only slowly seeing more sub-genre's in that category. The Ghost Ho ...more
Darra Hulsart
Oct 14, 2015 Darra Hulsart rated it really liked it
I really liked the book. Yeah, very insightful first sentence. However it was. The story is a very original plot, which is a fresh of breath air. Truly enjoy reviewing Paranormal books. Each character I liked.
I feel there will be more to Kyran, Malachi’s best friend. He has a background that will affect Echo’s upcoming life. The book flows and is a super easy read. The way DelSheree write makes it interesting.
The book is worth your time. Sometimes you get tired of the usual Romance novel. Get o
Itsy Bitsy Book Bits
Dec 27, 2015 Itsy Bitsy Book Bits rated it really liked it
The Ghost Host: Episode 1(The Ghost Host Series) by DelSheree Gladden

This book did not drawl me in from page one as I would have thought it would have. To me, in the beginning the characters are not well developed and there was not a clear plot, other than the web show. However I was intrigued enough to give it a fair chance, and I am really glad I did. Near the middle or a little after I was fascinated and had to find out how certain things developed. I do admit they did not develop at a stead
United Indie Book Blog
Dec 29, 2015 United Indie Book Blog rated it really liked it
~I was given this for an honest review~

Echo, is not your normal 18 yr old high school student, she has a gift that a lot of people including her own parents. You see, Echo can see and communicate with ghosts. She has even been attacked and stalked by them. Her parents almost had her committed from one of the attacks. She has two close friends th
Mylissa's Reviews and Book Thoughts
Once again DelSheree does it again! I am not an avid fan of all the supernatural reads out there, but for DelSheree I happily try whatever new story she has going, and find myself lost in a world I never would imagine possible or even appealing to me. Yet she sucks me in with great plots, fast-paced drama, and great elements of romance to keep me hooked from the first page to the very last letter.
It takes real talent to write like DelSheree does, and this story is no exception.
Echo sees ghosts,
Terralyn
Oct 13, 2015 Terralyn rated it really liked it
DelSheree Gladden has the market cornered on tension. This book was full of all kinds of tension. At times I found myself yelling at the book to "get on with it!" Truly though, it makes the reader anxious to keep reading.
The Ghost Host is a great book with a different paranormal angle than I've seen before. I really hope the author intends this to be the first in a series because it has the potential to be a great one.
Peggy
Oct 18, 2015 Peggy rated it it was amazing
Love a good book that will keep you gripped to the edge. Keep you trying to figure it all out and keep you wandering as you continue to read. The author developed remarkable characters that you can easily escape into their life as well as a plot amazingly told. Thinking that it's time to search for more books by this author!

*Received for an honest review*
T.
Oct 10, 2015 T. rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-beta-prize
I received The Ghost Host as a free book from the author. The gifting did not determine the review/rating, which reflects my honest opinion. Another awesome story line from Gladden. This first book of a new series, featured some unique characters and a really excellent plot. I loved every reveal and twist in the story. I look forward to reading more to find out what else is in store for Echo and her crew.
Hooked On Books
Nov 18, 2015 Hooked On Books rated it really liked it
A great, unusual and intriguing story, I connected well with Echo and Malachi. Echo has so much to deal with, there are so many ghosts trying to communicate through her, so with the help of her friends Holden and Zara she sets up an internet show. Some people believe the show is a hoax, but it is Echo's only way to control the ghosts. Most people think she's weird and even her parent's don't believe her. When the ghost of Madeline contacts Echo, she knows things could become dangerous. This is w ...more
Danielle Goodwin
Dec 24, 2015 Danielle Goodwin rated it really liked it
DelSheree Gladden's "The Ghost Host" is the first tale in a series. I love the concept of the book. I think it could easily be made into a TV series or a movie. Something similar to Buffy The Vampire Slayer series or Firefly. This is more paranormal than romance, but there is a budding relationship in it. Has a YA/NA feel for most of it. I didn't like the execution of the relationships in a few places. I think it will be interesting to see where the series goes from here.
Kimber Wheaton
Nov 01, 2015 Kimber Wheaton rated it really liked it
Review: I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review

The Ghost Host is a great read for the Halloween season-- nice paranormal theme featuring mystery and a budding romance.

What I liked:
Malachi-- I loved his character. There was just something about him that drew me in.
Switching POV-- I liked reading the story from both Echo and Malachi's POV
Plot-- Intriguing combination of paranormal and mystery
The YouTube show-- Great idea. I'd tune in.

What I didn't like as much:
Echo--
Lee
Oct 09, 2015 Lee rated it really liked it
Very good can't wait for next book in the series
Michelle
Sep 16, 2015 Michelle rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I loved this story and I loved the characters. I'm not the hugest fan of ghost lore but this was super fun for me to read. I am of fan of all of DelSheree Gladden's works. This one did not disappoint. I can't wait to read the rest of the series.
Nikki J
Sep 09, 2015 Nikki J rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to receive an ARC, and you must read this book!!! This book proves that you never know what can happen once you post something to youtube. It's like nothing I have read before, great modern supernatural read :) I promise you wont regret it!!
Tamara
This is a good book, but I didn't like it as much as the other books of the author I've read. I love DelSheree's writing style and her unique story ideas, but this one was not as original as the other books from her I've read. But still, this is a good book for people looking for some light horror (it's not that scary).
Judith
Mar 20, 2016 Judith rated it really liked it
A good ghost story that includes humor. There are interesting characters that should make for a good new adult series. I hope the sequel will have a much better proof reader that doesn't not rely on spell check and autocorrect. My pet peeves are bad spelling, missing words, words that make no sense, and bad grammar.
  • Ghostly Summons
  • Wanted: One Ghost (The Crossroads of Kings Mill #1)
  • Lancaster House
  • A Soul's Kiss
  • The Tesla Gate
  • See You Soon Broadway (Broadway, #1)
  • Sweet & Sassy Anthology: Castle Collection
  • Keeper of the Lost Souls (Keeper Witches, #1)
  • Memory: Stadt der Träume
  • Sin
  • Fire in Frost (Crystal Frost, #1)
  • The Girl and the Gargoyle (The Girl and the Raven, #2)
  • Graveyard of Dreams (The Dream Killers, Season 1 Episode 1)
  • Glimpse
  • Hawthorne
  • Phantom Summer
  • Daylight Saving
  • Spark: Seven Fantastic First-in-Series Novels
DelSheree Gladden lives in New Mexico with her husband and two children. The Southwest is a big influence in her writing because of its culture, beauty, and mythology. Local folk lore is strongly rooted in her writing, particularly ideas of prophecy, destiny, and talents born from natural abilities. When she is not writing, DelSheree is usually reading, painting, sewing, or working as a Dental Hyg ...more
More about DelSheree Gladden...