Hitched (Regan Reilly Mysteries, #11)

Hitched (Regan Reilly Mystery #9)

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  2,245 ratings  ·  128 reviews
Regan Reilly and Jack "no relation" Reilly -- head of the NYPD Major Case Squad -- are getting married! Arriving at a bridal salon to pick up her dream gown, Regan discovers the designers bound and gagged. Four dresses (hers included!) are missing; a fifth is in shreds on the floor. With just a week before her wedding, Regan takes the case, meeting an unusual mix of brides...more
Published February 27th 2007 by Pocket Star (first published April 4th 2006)

Barbara
I always enjoy this author. This book was a lot of fun, and although anything in it could have happened, taken altogether all of the events happening as they did would be highly unlikely. But that just made it more fun. I guess I like it best when no one has to get killed for there to be a mystery. And that's how it was in this book, where the crime is the theft of four wedding gowns, including Regen's, and the shredding of another along with the theft of the designer and his wife's cash and an...more
Sandra
I have always enjoyed books by Mary Higgins Clark and I am starting to like books by her daughter, Carol Higgins Clark as well.

"Hitched" tells about a comedy of errors which begin when 4 wedding dresses are stolen and one destroyed.

Carol weaves the lives of the five brides-to-be together with mystery and a light touch.

If you like "fun" mysteries, this one is worth reading for sure.
Georgie
a great 'light crime' read with an unusual plot and great characters. Regan Reilly is a refreshing character amongst female detectives - she's tough and smart and definitely not easily intimidated, but lacks the self-righteous, preachy, I'm-so-awesome arrogance of the likes of VI Warshawski (who I cannot STAND) and the ball-breaking bitchy attitude of countless other female detectives in crime fiction.
Regan's family and friends are great characters too, and I especially liked her fiancé Jack 'no...more
 Marla
It's a cute but shallow and silly story. Just a fun light read, in the vain of Stephanie Plum, but not as good and not as racy. It would be better if there was more romance in the story.

It's hard to take a mystery story about stolen wedding dresses seriously. Too many story lines going at once and then they magically intersect and are resolved.

(view spoiler)...more
Gail
I loved this book....so funny...The bumbling crooks who stole the dresses are too funny. So many different twists and turns in this book. Things happened that I never expected to happen.
Rebecca
Content - The author loves to load her books with interesting characters and fun multiple plots. It makes for a fast paced, escapist read.

Mechanics - The editing is sloppy -lots of typos. The peripheral characters are more fun than the main characters. The writing itself is a bit clumsy.

Squeaky Clean? - a couple swear words.
Patrice
My husband and I listened to this on a weekend trip. Great story. Loved the humor spread throughout the 2 mysteries going on in the story at the same time. Wonderful characters with great twists and turns within two seemingly separate incidents that become intermingled. Regan Reilly is getting married in a week and she, her mother, and her best friend Kit drive into Manhattan for the final gown fitting. When they arrive, the door is ajar, there's a shredded and bloodied wedding gown on the floor...more
Susan
Hitched is the second book that I have read in the Regan Reilly series, and I must say that I enjoyed this one as much as the first. Clark delivers a delightful tale full of twists and turns as well as with some really colorful characters. The book begins with Regan going to pick up her wedding dress only to discover that it along with three others were stolen, one was destroyed, and her designer robbed. Regan is quickly on the case which puts her in the path of four other very different brides....more
Katie
Another book i accumulated without knowing much about or wanting to read. As a mystery novel is takes place around five woman who are soon to be wed, and it so happens that all of the brides have ordered their dresses from the same designers. Conceitedly the design studio has been broken into and all the dresses have been stolen and possible ruined. One of the brides to be is a detective, so she takes this case on herself. As a female I sympathized with the brides, because I would not want the d...more
Carla Johnson-Hicks
It was a quick read, but there was a lot going on in the story. The way it all tied together in the end is a Carol Higgins Clark trademark. I enjoyed this book.
Heather
I actually read this book by accident. Meaning that I requested Graceling from the library and when I went to pick it up I realized that I requested the Spanish version! I obviously can't read that but I needed something to read at the gym the next morning. So I headed over to see if there might be a mysterious Mary Higgins Clark book that I had maybe missed. No such luck, so I grabbed this. It was fine. I wasn't miserable reading it, but it was highly predictable, totally unrealistic, and reall...more
Jessica Flaska
instead of looking up more books by carol higgins clark, i'm going to be a bit lazy, especially since the weather is grey and i'm in a lzy mood. i like carol higgins clarkk books more than her mlother's. i love the character;;s reagan and her beau, jack. reagon's wedding dress gets stolen along with other's and she has to solve the crime. reagan is a p.i. i have always enjoyed the story line and they keep me interested. reagan's faince' is also in the detective business. if i knew about this web...more
Shelley
I do love a mystery. Carol Higgins Clark's Regan Reilly Mysteries are to Mystery/Crime Novels as "Hart to Hart" is to TV detective dramas. You can take that as a positive or negative as you see fit. I for one can read these books knowing some very important things...
1. I won't have nightmares
2. There's no stupid romance or sex scenes
3. There's no gore
4. It makes me feel like I too could solve crime (especially in a world where there is always a happy ending)
I'd recommend to anyone for an easy re...more
Nicole
I read this book not realizing it was a "Regan Reilly Mystery" series. I hadn't previously read any of her books. But, the author does a decent job of writing so you don't have to go back and read all the other books to know what is going on. I liked the book enough that I wanted to get more background on the series. So I started reading at the beginning of the series - and to be honest the author's first few books were poorly written and a little painful. She is definitely an author who has imp...more
Kattie
Jul 23, 2008 Kattie rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: someone who just got married & likes mysteries
This book was chosen on a whim, since I needed a new audiobook to listen to at work.
I agree with another reviewer that Carol Higgins Clark is a better writer than her mother. Her mother's book spend more time on details such as hairstyles and clothing choices, and the "whodunnit" is easily predictable.
This book was cute, however, it does cut out some of the details of how and why. Either she didn't feel like coming up with that part of the plot, or she was worried she would end up with a 800 pag...more
Teresa
Cute and fun, but nothing spectacular. Part of the problem could have been that this was my car book, so I was only reading in 20 minute increments whenever I ended up having to wait somewhere. It jumps around quite a bit from person to person and if you aren't reading in just a few sittings, it can be confusing trying to keep track of who's who. But as I said, it was cute, and pretty standard for this series. So if you like the other books in the series, you'll probably enjoy this one.
George
Regan Reilly, LA private investigator mystery. Regan is in New York for her wedding when a number of things go wrong. Her wedding dress and several others are stolen and Regan investigates to find the missing dresses. As usual, there are several plot lines involving the stolen dresses, a woman who disappears, a bank robber, a couple of cons, and brides with problems, which all come together for the usual happy ending.
Mare
Campy fun twist on the who-dunit, this title is entertaining and fun. With tongue-in-cheek plot and stereotypical bad guys, Higgins Clark takes the reader through the adventures of her heroine, Ms. Reilly, as she prepares for her wedding day and has her designer bridal gown stolen one week before her nuptials. Not to be taken too seriously, Higgins Clark almost parodies her mother's popular mystery series.
Lauren
Another cutesy installment in the series. The dialogue still has some of the awkwardness of the earlier books, like Ms. Clark just doesn't know how people really talk to one another. It makes me wonder if she just had a really privileged and sequestered upbringing and has little understanding for "real" people. But somehow the super sweetly happy endings manage to make up for my frustrations throughout the book.
Heidi
It was a captivating read. I didn't figure out til the end who the actual robber was, though I knew there was something fishy about that person. I had thought it was another person but became convinced that was a red herring before it was revealed, so I don't feel too stupid anyway :). The ending was slightly anticlimactic as I had expected more snafus for Jack and Regan's wedding, but it was still nice.
Leigh
This is a cute book for the beach.
Annmarie
I listened to this on CD while driving to St. Louis a couple months ago when I asked a friend if they had anything as I was leaving town, so no notice (I just finished the CD last week) Easy language to understand - current setting. Wasn't very deep - for those who enjoy challenging reading this might not be for them - but for the purpose I needed it for, it worked great!
Lauri
Fun, clean mystery. I do like mysteries that are a more mysterious though. The reader knows who the culprits are almost from the beginning. The mystery is how all the characters' relationships intertwine. This one is in the middle of the Reagan Riley series, but was okay as a stand alone. I listened to it on my way to and from class, and on the way home from Boise.
Leslie North
I started this as the bus left town for the Marching Band Competition. I finished it as we came back into town that evening. It was a fast, entertaining read. After reading two of this author back to back, I see that the books are formula mysteries, so it would be good to have some time in between each one, but they are great. Lots of fun, totally non-offensive.
Decop
i was looking for something 'light' and I found it. this is a perfect young- or pre-teen mystery/romance. it is full of coined phrases and other simple language, at the same time that it is a good, tightly-woven mystery. i did read all the way to the end. Joyce Carol Oates, or even Maeve Binchy she is not, but Ms Clark tells a sweet tale for a youngster.
Julie
really good story line, definitely a page turner!!
J. Ewbank
This book by clark was a very enjoyable read. There was a little of everything in it for you. A tad of romance, a lot of mystery, a great variety of characters whih was enough to keep you interested and the plot was unusual. As a mystery it was very good.]

J. Robert Ewbank author "Wesley's Wars" and "John Wesley, Natural Man, and the Isms"
Jackie
I fell in love with this mystery series. If you enjoy Mary Higgins Clark, you'll love her daughter Carol. This book happens later in the series so you will need to start at the beginning to really understand Regan and Jack. What I love most about the Reilly mysteries is that you follow one person through all the mysteries. Great read!
Arica
LOVED the two Reilleys officially hookin' up and of course it wasn't the smoothest wedding week. There wouldn't be a book if it was a "piece of cake" though, right? Now I've created a whole Goodreads shelf just for Carol. Reagan is my new BFF while I wait for Janet Evanovich to get #18 in the Stephanie Plum series released :)
  • The Christmas Thief
  • Nobody Knows (KEY News #5)
Carol Higgins Clark (1956– ) is an American mystery author. She is also the daughter of author Mary Higgins Clark , with whom she has co-authored novels, and the former sister-in-law of author Mary Jane Clark.

Born in New York City, Clark received her B.A. from Mount Holyoke College in 1978 and then studied acting at the Beverly Hills Playhouse. She is the author of the Regan Reilly mystery series....more
More about Carol Higgins Clark...
Decked (Regan Reilly Mysteries, #1) Snagged (Regan Reilly Mystery, #2) Iced  (Regan Reilly Mysteries, #3) Laced (Regan Reilly Mystery, #10) Zapped (Regan Reilly Mysteries, #11)