Start by marking “The CEO (The Game Changers Series Book 1)” as Want to Read:
The CEO (The Game Changers Series Book 1)

The CEO (The Game Changers #1)

Eve Bryant finds herself moving across the country with only one goal—to rediscover herself and get her life back on track…

Leaving a disastrous marriage, she swears off men and relationships, but when she meets sexy, charismatic Grant Mitchell, her new rules fly right out the window.

Grant is a born and bred businessman, and he always gets what he wants…

The moment he lay
Published August 18th 2015 by Limitless Publishing LLC (first published December 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The CEO, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The CEO

Candace
***I received a complimentary ARC of this book from the publisher, through Netgalley.com, in exchange for honest feedback.***

When Eve moves to Seattle, she isn't looking for any romantic entanglements. Leaving her past, and her drunk husband, behind, she's ready to start a new chapter in her life. Once Mark signs the divorce papers, she'll have the peace of mind that has remained just out of reach. If only he'd quit being difficult and sign the papers!

On her first solo attempt at running an even
Lillian ᴥ¤LYLY Star¤ᴥ
Nov 08, 2016 Lillian ᴥ¤LYLY Star¤ᴥ rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015, arc, romance
**** 4 Insta Love Stars ****

description

I don't really like reading stories where the characters fall instantly in love, but I enjoyed this story.

Eve is simply trying to start over in life. Her marriage was dragging her down and physically draining. All she wanted was for her divorce to be finalized and to have a fresh start. So she left Georgia and moved to Seattle.

Grant sees Eve. Grant must have Eve.

He's kind of a sexy rich cave man. The divorce bothers him a bit because it isn't finalized, but he is pa
Maya
Oct 10, 2015 Maya rated it really liked it
ARC received via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.Review also on Amazon

BASICS

Love triangle? (view spoiler)
Cheating? (view spoiler)
HEA? (view spoiler)
Any Descriptive Sex w/OW/OM/Ex? (view spoiler)
Would I read more by this author/or in this series? Maybe, but not for now.
Safety-gang: (view spoiler)
Markéta
Sep 23, 2015 Markéta rated it liked it
3 stars! ***

A fast-moving story about abused woman and a alfa-male. I haven't read something like this before. #sarcasm

Eve has endured her marriage with an abusive husband for a long time, but she's had enough. She moved out of their house, filled in for divorce and found a job on the other side of the US.

Grant is rich, confident and hot. He's little over thirty, never had a serious relationship but when he saw Eve something shifted inside of him. He completely changed. One day he was a bachelo
Pamela
It's your typical story of girl meets guy who's super gorgeous and so bloody wealthy that every woman wants him, and he's had them all. Now with just one look he wants the regular girl who's so beautiful and smart and sexy, a woman that of course his parents don't approve of. But he doesn't care. He wants her and gets her and won't let anything get in his way. She doesn't feel she belongs in his rich world, and every time she feels like running away, he goes after her reminding her how much he ...more
Samantha
Sep 05, 2015 Samantha rated it really liked it
4 very pleased stars for The CEO. The overview made me curious because we all know I like my instant lust and wealthy men stories. This was a bit predictable but that doesn't make it bad. I like the read and found myself easily hiding away to finish the book because I hate to put down reads when I'm involved and liking them.

Eve was a bit too nice for me at certain points so I found myself rolling my eyes. She fought Grant quite a lot and made him chase after her constantly. I found myself reall
Heather andrews
Sep 03, 2015 Heather andrews rated it it was amazing
I knew Grant and Eve were going to keep me entertained just the way they act toward each other, "his grip tightened on my hip. “You told her about me.” I wanted to slap that smug grin off that handsome face of his..." Grant is a sexy man, his words do things to ladies panties, “you think my suit is sexy?”The deep voice came from behind me before his chest pressed against my back. My eyes closed, wishing away the embarrassment. For the record, it didn’t work. He chose then to lean closer to my ...more
Susan (susayq ~)

Billionaire books have been big lately. However, I never really jumped on that bandwagon, so I haven't read a lot of them. But when I saw the description for this one, I knew I had to read it because our heroine, Eve, wasn't a fresh faced college graduate. Eve is in the middle of a divorce, so she has some experience in life.

My only complaint with this was Eve LOL I know, you're thinking, she's the reason you chose the book and she is what you didn't like? Let me expalin....yes, Eve was
Naomi
Feb 04, 2016 Naomi rated it liked it
Shelves: on-kindle
Original Review @ Naomi’s Reading Palace

I read a snippet of The CEO and decided to give Shealy James – a new-to-me author – a try. The blurb caught my attention and I was eager to see what happened between Eve and the man in the three piece suit. It ended up being a good read, dealing with some difficult decisions that no woman should have to experience.

I really liked Grant, he was definitely my favourite character from this book. He was confident, sexy and rich, but he never really acted like h
Melyssa Winchester
Reading this story the way I did, I can see why the author mentions at the end that Eve wouldn't leave her alone. She was such a strong character right from the very beginning. More then just her strength though, she was incredibly real in how she came across which made this story very easy for me to jump into and identify with. The issues she has faced, the ones she had to overcome and even her reactions to what is taking place around her were written so phenomenally that you can't help but ...more
Mia Rivers
Sep 02, 2015 Mia Rivers rated it it was amazing
OMG...I loveeed this book. Grant is so damn sexy, possibly even sexier than the cover hahaha. A more detailed review to come soon.
Julie

description

Based on the name of the book, I really thought that The CEO would have focused on Grant but it didn't. Such a weird way to start a review, right? Well, I just think that the title is the first thing that you experience with a book and the name is everything. Anywho ... that is just my first thought.

When I received this book, I wasn't told that it was an advance copy. When reviewers see that, we expect typos, grammatical issues and punctuation problems. It isn't a big deal and we know that ther
Angie
I read the 2nd book, The Artist, before this one. I was amazed how these two books have a completely different feel to them. While reading The Artist I had a lump in my throat and kept shouting at my Kindle for Katherine/Kitty (28 years old) to get away from her parents. She does appear in this book (since she and her parents think she's pre-betrothed to Grant) and she's nasty. During her book we hear her inner monologue where she goes along with her friends, but also thinks they're snots and ...more
Theresa Alberts
Oct 02, 2015 Theresa Alberts rated it really liked it
The CEO by Shealy James is the first book in the Game Changers Series and I cannot wait for Kitty's book next! This book was a 4 star read for me and I was enthralled with the story of Grant and Eve, turning each page wondering if they would get the happily ever after that they each deserve for their own reasons. You will not be disappointed when you pick up and start reading this fantastic story!

Determined to find herself after a tragic past, Eve moves away from home, with no agenda other than
BFDU
Sep 02, 2015 BFDU rated it liked it
**arc received for honest review**

How do you survive years of an unhealthy marriage....

Mental abuse....

Never being good enough.....

Always being told your unworthy, fat and good for nothing.....

It’s time to go

You’re emotionless

Broken....

Eve is broken and coming out of a terrible marriage, she has lost a lot of weight can’t eat constantly throwing up, that’s what stress does to her.
After a few months of filing for divorce her friend offers her a job in Seattle, she takes it, it’s a fresh start and
The Book Harbor Reviews
Writing: Okay
Level of Violence: None to Mild Violence
Sexual Content: New Adult to Adult
Review:
To begin, I thought it was okay overall. I didn't find anything special about this book other than the cover. The cover is hot! The cover and description is what made me want to read this one. I was disappoint in some aspects of the book. That could be the way it is edited and written. I did enjoyed the story overall,
Jennifer Jura
Jan 25, 2015 Jennifer Jura rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! This book was beyond my expectations! If you love alpha males then this book is for you! Grant very much likes to in control of everything. Eve finally has an opportunity to take charge of her life so she doesn't back down to Grant! The dynamics between these two is incredible! Never a dull moment! They have a love that everyone wishes for! I was on the edge of my seat waiting to see what happened next! They definitely had some trials in their relationship! This story made remember why I ...more
♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡
Aug 24, 2016 ♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡ marked it as 08-read-again
Shelves: 10-kindle, 14-arc

Melissa Mendoza
Aug 30, 2015 Melissa Mendoza rated it it was amazing
Received a copy in exchange for an honest review

“‘Baby, I felt you that first time I met you. I felt you from across the room. There is no doubt in my mind you were made for me. You make me feel for the first time ever. I lose my breath when you walk in a room. When you opened the door downstairs, I literally couldn't breathe after not seeing you for two days. You make me laugh, and you make me crazy.”

5 sexy stars!!! This book was so hot and steamy!!! I loved this book and I’m excited to see whe
Jamie  Zishka
Oct 02, 2015 Jamie Zishka rated it really liked it
The CEO is the first book in The Game Changer Series and I would give it a fantastic 4 stars. I was really hoping this book wasn't a cliffy hanger given it was the first book in a series and thank goodness my dreams came true! So needless to say I suppose that is a little spoiler about the book but let me tell you it is quite a journey for Grant and Eve to find there HEA.

The series of course doesn't end there but the next book is another character Kitty's journey. This book was so full of every
Sienna Logan (Lost to Books)
I wasn't meant to get to this book until October. However, I couldn't wait. I've seen it around due to connections with this publisher and I was intrigued from the time I saw the cover. It's safe to say overall it didn't disappoint either.

The CEO was an interesting read. It held my attention well and I found it hard to put down. Although it wasn't perfect, it was entertaining and that's all I can ask of a book.

I thought the characters were well done in The CEO. They were defined and each had the
Donna Porter
Aug 30, 2015 Donna Porter rated it really liked it
Eve Bryant is a damaged woman. Her husband, James, is fighting their divorce and she wants it over. He mentally and physically abused her. She moved clear across the country to get away from him. Eve went to work for an old friend, Holly, as an event planner at Mitchell College. She was out one evening with her friend and saw this really handsome man watching her. She was not looking for a man because she felt she was still tied to James. Grant Mitchell was a player. He used women in ...more
Jennifer Pierson
Sep 04, 2015 Jennifer Pierson rated it it was amazing
Shealy James is another new author to me, and I LOVED this book!

Eve Bryant moves across the country to get away from a very bad husband in the middle of a messy divorce. She's broken and just wants a fresh start. But her goal to rediscover herself while swearing off men, hit a snag shortly after moving. Grant Mitchell is a born business man, and the CEO of his families' company, so he's used to getting want he wants. The moment he sees Eve, he decides he's going to make her his. The problem is,
Romance Readers Retreat
Sep 11, 2015 Romance Readers Retreat rated it really liked it
Eve has uprooted her entire life, or at least the parts she wants to keep, and started afresh. With things back home not completely sorted out, she just wants to settle in, make some friends and finally start living.

However, she certainly did not include a caveman alpha in her new life plans. She's not ready to even contemplate a new man but this one doesn't take no for an answer.

Despite being turned down numerous times, playboy Grant continues to chase Eve. Can she give in and just have a quick
Anya
Aug 20, 2015 Anya rated it really liked it

I've been having issues lately and was in a reading rut. I got distracted with my reading *cough*ClashofClans*cough* and I was really having a hard time sticking with a book.

Then this book reached my radar.

And what a pleasant surprise this one was! Honestly I wasn't expecting much when I started reading this (I just got lured by the cover O_O) I felt like this would just like be another fifty wannabee read but lo and behold I was hooked.

It was a light read, no bdsm (but equally hot), the drama w
Karinosa
Sep 07, 2015 Karinosa rated it liked it
I enjoyed these characters Evie and Grant. I liked how you could feel the chemistry when they meet for the first time. Grant definitely is alpha male and I enjoyed the chase. Evie liked to leave a lot and at one point I was like "ENOUGH ALREADY WOMAN!" Insecure and alone she is something else. Not a bad red and of course this was an ARC and there were a couple of places that I could not make out what exactly was trying to be said. Any who, good read!

I received this ARC from the publisher via Ne
Amanda at WickedGoodReads
Aug 31, 2015 Amanda at WickedGoodReads rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
I received an ARC from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

I really wanting to like this book....and while I realize that ARCs are technically uncorrected proofs, sometimes, the mistakes are so glaringly horrible that it is hard to continue. That, the writing style, the story, all added up to me making it to 21% and calling this a DNF. I am sorry, I just could not get into this book.
Bonnie
Sep 09, 2015 Bonnie rated it it was amazing
Definitely one of the best books I've read thus far this year.

Eve & Grant's story was absolutely beautiful. I loved how everything came together so well and the chemistry that the characters seemed to have with each other. As I read, I could easily picture all the scenes unfolding in my mind like a movie. It left me wanting to try Eve's Red Velvet cookies :)

Kudos to the author for a truly amazing job that is indeed deserving of 5 stars and more.
Paige Turner
Aug 30, 2015 Paige Turner rated it liked it
Needed a bit more

The author does a good job drawing the reader into the book.
Eve and Grant had the start of something but I think they needed a bit more. Grant had some Alpha tendencies but not enough. I realized that Eve is getting out of a bad relationship but it seemed worse for her family and friends.
While I struggled a bit with the book at times I enjoyed how the author ended it.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Daring Assignment (Curvy Assignments #1)
  • Debauched (Undone, #3)
  • Some Girls Lie (Outback Heat, #4)
  • One Night with Hemsworth (One Night Series, #1)
  • Warrant (Righteous Outlaws MC, #1)
  • Crossing the Line (Without a Trace, #0)
  • Project Virgin
  • 26 Hours in Paris (International Affairs #1)
  • Bound to You (At Your Service, #1)
  • A SEAL Forever (West Coast Navy SEALs, #3)
  • Rolling in the Deep (Lopez Brothers, #1)
  • Masters for Hire (Masters Saga, #1)
  • Hold Me Down (The Deacons of Bourbon Street, #3)
  • Possession (Sons of Odin MC, #2)
  • Raw and Dirty (Bad Boys MC Trilogy, #1)
  • Learning Curves
  • Strip You Bare (The Deacons of Bourbon Street, #4)
  • Ruthless (True Brothers MC, #1)
Shealy James is Georgia native who teaches middle school math during the day and disappears into fiction at night. She is an avid reader and a writer who laughs in the face of middle school angst and welcomes humor, drama, and the all-important happy ending. Shealy is the author of the Finding Series and the Game Changers Series. Book 1 in the Game Changers Series releases August 18.

For more infor
More about Shealy James...

The Game Changers (2 books)
  • The Artist (The Game Changers Book 2)