Start by marking “Don't Talk to Strangers” as Want to Read:
Don't Talk to Strangers

Don't Talk to Strangers

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  23 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Emma Lion loves to make new friends, but Mama tells her to be careful and never talk to strangers. Emma sees new people to meet everywhere she goes. How will she know who is a stranger?
Published December 31st 2007 by Scholastic (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Don't Talk to Strangers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Don't Talk to Strangers

Heather
This was an overall nice book. I picked it with my 5 year old in mind because she is very trusting and I have been looking for ways to cement the "Don't talk to strangers" theory. However, this book was very repetitive while making the point that if ANY stranger talks to you then you should tell a parent or a police officer. However valid this seems, it made my daughter think that if a person walking past our house says "hello", she should call the police. Perhaps she thinks too much into it. I ...more
Bethany
From Ms. Kim

Such an important book to teach children socialization skills, how to commincate with ohters, and to listen to their instincts while interacting with new people and those they already know so they can stay safe.
Christine
A picture book with a little more text than usual but it repeats with each situation...strangers on the phone, at the door, in the store, and even on the internet!! A good choice to teach safety to your kids.
Ayoca
This book can be used for K-5. It teaches kids why they shouldn't talk the strangers and the things that strangers try to do to easily fool the kids. Good book!
Cody
I liked this because it taught me a lot about strangers, and it is very important to know what to do if you come across a stranger.
Tammy
A great book to start talking to your preschooler about strangers.
Khristie
Khristie marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2014
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
Mimi
Mimi added it
Jul 19, 2014
Lacey
Lacey added it
Jul 02, 2014
Nic
Nic marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2014
Mikala
Mikala marked it as to-read
May 01, 2014
Ana
Ana marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2014
Erica
Erica added it
Mar 27, 2014
Eastofoz
Eastofoz marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2014
Kat
Kat added it
Jan 05, 2014
Bob
Bob added it
Nov 14, 2013
Georgia
Georgia marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2013