Start by marking “How The Cookie Crumbles” as Want to Read:
How The Cookie Crumbles

How The Cookie Crumbles

She’s champagne and cupcakes. He’s beer and burgers.

Frankie Taylor has a perfectly organized life—including a checklist for her ideal man. Just when she thinks her dream boyfriend is going to propose, he dumps her instead. Heartbroken, she impulsively flees across the country. She lands in a small town where her only romantic prospect is unshaven, unsophisticated, and defi
Published October 1st 2013

To ask other readers questions about How The Cookie Crumbles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How The Cookie Crumbles

MiekeReads
Jan 03, 2016 MiekeReads rated it it was ok
After reading The Tao of Hockey I was really looking forward to reading this book. I should have stopped with reading The Tao of Hockey.

While I enjoy Ting's writing style, this book is very long, and honestly, a bit of a downer. (Oddly, as long as the book is the ending of the book is abrupt and unsatisfying which made the book length even more puzzling.)

This book would not have been so depressing if you didn't have to read about the doormat antics of Frankie for about 50% of the book. (And aga
Chelsy
Dec 20, 2015 Chelsy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Melanie Ting does it again!

I just finished How the Cookie Crumbles and I really loved this book! Frankie and Jake are so amazing! Mel has a knack for creating lovable, witty, down-to-earth characters. I fell in love with Frankie as a heroine, as she has the perfect combination of sugar and spice. And I love that Jake is this hot NHL star, yet off-ice, he reads as a regular, typical guy (with a weakness for junk food).

Mel's writing is so real and genuine....she makes me feel as if I'm sitting in
Kate Willoughby
Mar 07, 2014 Kate Willoughby rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am not usually a fan of New Adult romance. I generally find the characters silly and immature and just as I don't care to spend time with silly immature young adults in real life, I don't really want to read about them either. However, this book was hilarious. I loved the characters. They felt real and their problems felt real. So often in romance you get conflicts that feel contrived, but that was not the case here. Jake verged on being obnoxious, but he was just charming enough not to make ...more
Candy
Nov 14, 2014 Candy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
So I had this on my TBR list for so long and when I finally read it I was so disappointed! This book could have been great based on its premise - but, the book is extremely long, then there's the whole douche-ness of Jake, he's very immature and only thinks about sex. Frankie is very superficial about looks and education. And the relationship is pretty much sex for him and she worships him and treats him like a king even though he treats her like trash. Then after her being upset and jealous ...more
Amy Napier
Jun 26, 2015 Amy Napier rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book even though I wanted to smack Jake most of the time and Frankie the rest of the time. At one point I almost stopped reading because I couldn't imagine how the author was gonna redeem Jake enough to finish the book. She did it!
Peggy Kuntz
Sep 29, 2015 Peggy Kuntz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really good!

What a great book! The storyline is a bit different from other romance novels, but in a good way. Strong characters and great dialogue. Highly recommend it.
Gabriela Scheinberg
This book was refreshing, cute and a nice read.
Jackie Ziegler
Oct 06, 2016 Jackie Ziegler rated it it was amazing
Shelves: hockey
Jake is a hockey player for the LA Kings.. While he is not the drop dead gorgeous amazing body player he is a cutie but he is young and not ready for a relationship.. He just wants to play the field with any and all woman he can

Frankie is a college student working 2 job to put herself through school. For the summer she visits her friend in Kingston, Ontario to get away from all the drama back in Vancouver.. She meets Jake and has no clue he is a hockey player.

Jake wants her.. Frankie is hot and
Karlie
Jun 19, 2016 Karlie rated it it was ok
I am rather disappointed with this book. The storyline had great potential but wasn't executed to its best. It was very long but not in a good way. I found myself skimming paragraphs to keep going. I don't understand the "part 1,2,3" but it could have worked if it actually jumped ahead in time. It had an epilogue which of course I always love a peek into the future but I wouldn't call it a HEA. Like I said I liked the storyline but it felt lacking in the spark department but the sexy spark way. ...more
Lillian Pollard
Jun 23, 2016 Lillian Pollard rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
No thank you

I honestly didn't like either of these characters. The girl was based only for the first half but the guy was awful the whole way through. I feel like it was such a long story but then the end was too fast. We're supposed to believe one of the characters has changed but given 2 sentences of evidence. I get that the characters were young but the guy was an asshole I get that he was nice sometimes but when he was bad it was really awful enough to discount the times when he was good.
Rachel
Feb 15, 2014 Rachel rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book is much longer than 445 pages that goodreads says it is. The book took me almost 8 hours to read, and I am a speed reader, and I skipped some parts. I hated the ending, it just sucked. I liked the book, but if it was shorter and had a better couple I would have loved it. In real life, this couple would never make it, and that bothered me.
Stacy Barr-sooter
Hmmm

I read the book every chance I got. It was a good read. I was disappointed in the end which can ruin any good book but I tend to look for the obvious endings. This book didn't have that. I will give another book by this author a try.
Stacy Barr-sooter
Stacy Barr-sooter rated it liked it
Nov 11, 2015
Jaymee Jacobs
Jaymee Jacobs rated it it was amazing
Nov 13, 2013
Emily Dusil
Emily Dusil rated it it was ok
Jan 19, 2014
Patti
Patti rated it really liked it
Apr 24, 2014
Vonnie
Vonnie rated it did not like it
Nov 25, 2015
Tawn Borge
Tawn Borge rated it liked it
Nov 22, 2015
Jenpan23
Jenpan23 rated it it was ok
May 31, 2014
Brenda
Brenda rated it liked it
Feb 16, 2016
Linda Siklosi
Linda Siklosi rated it liked it
Mar 10, 2016
Linda
Linda rated it it was amazing
Sep 24, 2015
Laura Venters
Laura Venters rated it really liked it
Dec 30, 2015
K.J.
K.J. rated it liked it
Nov 10, 2016
Shannon
Shannon rated it really liked it
Dec 28, 2015
Nicole Johnstone
Nicole Johnstone rated it it was ok
Aug 22, 2014
Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Apr 05, 2016
Brittany
Brittany rated it really liked it
Apr 23, 2014
Zoe
Zoe rated it liked it
Mar 06, 2016
Mary
Mary rated it it was amazing
May 25, 2016