Start by marking “Our Valentine's Day Book (Special Day Books)” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Our Valentine's Day Book

Jane Belk Moncure

Our Valentine's Day Book (Special Day Books)

2.5 of 5 stars 2.50  ·  rating details  ·  2 ratings  ·  1 review
A child describes the kindergarten's activities in preparing for Valentine's Day.
School & Library Binding, 32 pages
Published August 1st 1987 by Childs World

To ask other readers questions about Our Valentine's Day Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Our Valentine's Day Book

J-Lynn
This book was published in 1987 and reflects the trend of the time to have multi-ethnic characters in the illustrations—one of which appears to be an African American teacher. I originally picked up the book to demonstrate that just because a book has illustrations with people of varying colors, doesn’t mean that the book actually discusses or teaches issues of diversity.

But, I found the book, which focuses on a young elementary classroom preparing for Valentine’s Day, useful in other ways. The
Eileen Almonte
Eileen Almonte marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2010
Jane Belk Moncure (born December 1926) is an American author of early childhood non-fiction, fiction and poetry. She has also written under the names Bruce Wannamaker and Jennie Davis.

Moncure has lived in Virginia and North Carolina. She worked in early childhood education for thirty-five years. She lives in Elon College, North Carolina.

Moncure is a creative and prolific author: there are millions
More about Jane Belk Moncure...
A Dragon in a Wagon (Magic Castle Readers) My "a" book (My first steps to reading) What Do You Say When a Monkey Acts This Way? (Magic Castle Readers) My 'b' Sound Box My 'c' Sound Box