Start by marking “Why Mr. Right Can't Find You: The Surprising Answers That Will Change Your Life--And His” as Want to Read:

How many of us never meet the person with whom we could be happy? How many of us limit our romantic choice to the people who happen to wash up on our shore? In Why Mr Right Can't Find You, J.M. Kearns, Ph. D., shows that finding true love can be a proactive adventure. In chapters like How Men See Women, The Underrated Chance Encounter, and The Truth About Bars, J.M. Kearns ...more
Published January 1st 2008 by John Wiley & Sons (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Why Mr. Right Can't Find You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Why Mr. Right Can't Find You

Mar 27, 2011 Ellie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very rarely, I'm early when meeting a friend at a book store for some browsing, gossiping and coffee. Recently, I found that I was early so off I went to the self-help section to peruse and this book is the one I pulled off the shelf. I got through nearly the entire book due to the fact my friend was a bit late. When my friend came I showed her some parts of the book that were note worthy, we chatted about it, then I popped the book back on the shelf and off we went.

Now you probably see why I a
Jennifer Maloney
Aug 03, 2011 Jennifer Maloney rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-in-2011
This was the stupidest dating book I've ever read. My roommate picked this up at a bookstore and we had a good laugh reading through these chapters together. This guy speaks as though he's never even met a woman, let alone knows how they think. To make matters worse, he doesn't seem to understand how men think either.

The funniest thing about this book is the fact that he's constantly declaring a point and then arguing against his own point later on in the chapter or chapters to follow. For examp
Jun 13, 2010 Summreen rated it liked it
Good usefull book i though. I liked the insight into mens heads about what they think about women and how different men go for different women.

It is a helpful book if you are activitly looking for a guy and are loosing hope. It boosts your confidence in finding someone.

The internet profile writing advise was good as well, basically saying to be honest and up front! It got a bit repetative towards the end but overall i enjoyed this book.

Kania Kennedy
Sep 15, 2011 Kania Kennedy rated it really liked it
Shelves: virtuous-vixen
It was a good read. I got some useful information about the male mind and what steps I can take to be pro-active in my manifestation of Mr. Right. I think it would be very eye-opening for a traditional woman, and would make a difference, so I would recommend it to someone who seems to have no idea what/how men think!
Mar 20, 2010 Sonova rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Women
Really good tips and ideas on putting yourself out there and read/attract men better. Was going great until it digressed into a book about online dating. It's like he said, "Forget everything I just taught you, you'll never get to use it! Just date online, that's the ONLY way you'll really meet someone." I say, "Meh".
Aug 06, 2009 Tara rated it really liked it
This is written from a male perspective and suggests safe venues to hang out and look for "Mr. Right". The only thing I'm weary of is the chapter that suggests to search online for a man. I've tried it and I'm not crazy about that method.
Feb 20, 2016 Linda rated it liked it
A different perspective with positive suggestions for a tired subject
Jennifer Edlund
Jul 10, 2012 Jennifer Edlund rated it it was ok
If you are desperate, dumb or this book!
Vespertine marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2016
Erin Clelland
Erin Clelland rated it did not like it
Jun 05, 2016
Kelly Poetker
Kelly Poetker marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2016
Sabrina marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2016
Rebecca M. Sellars
Rebecca M. Sellars rated it liked it
Jan 07, 2016
Kristina Mallett
Kristina Mallett rated it it was ok
Jan 04, 2016
Astrida rated it really liked it
Dec 19, 2015
Erica marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2015
Tixxiv rated it really liked it
Nov 23, 2015
Susan added it
Dec 16, 2015
Laura rated it it was ok
Oct 24, 2015
Kandace rated it it was ok
Aug 28, 2015
Tammy rated it it was ok
Oct 01, 2015
Jamie marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2015
Huda Rashid
Huda Rashid marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2015
Nicole marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2015
D. marked it as to-read
May 31, 2015
Kelsey rated it liked it
May 28, 2015
Catherine Pells
Catherine Pells rated it it was amazing
Apr 20, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Re: Jennifer (cup of coffee) rating. 1 1 Jul 29, 2012 10:50PM
J.M. Kearns, PhD, is the best-selling author of a novel and four non-fiction books. He currently teaches at Rowan University. He brings to relationship books such as Why Mr. Right Can’t Find You the unusual combination of a philosopher’s analytical mind and a novelist’s insight into emotions. His books have been published in Canada and the U.S., the UK, Australia, China, and France and featured on ...more
More about J.M. Kearns...