Start by marking “SEAL It with a Kiss (SEAL It With A Kiss #1)” as Want to Read:
SEAL It with a Kiss (SEAL It With A Kiss #1)

SEAL It with a Kiss (SEAL It With A Kiss #1)

A woman in the SEALs?

Lieutenant Tabitha Chapel is determined to become the first woman to join the navy SEALs. She'll use every connection she has (and she has plenty), any wile (feminine or otherwise) and her substantial strength of will to make this happen.

Not in this man's navy!

Commander Marc Miller is equally determined to keep women in general - and Tabitha Chapel i

Mass Market Paperback, Harlequin SuperRomance #833, In Uniform #2, 260 pages
Published April 1st 1999 by Harlequin SuperRomance (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about SEAL It with a Kiss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about SEAL It with a Kiss

Mia Catherine
This book had the potential to be great. The battle between a SEAL instructor and the woman determined to become the first female SEAL, along with the love they share, had all the elements of a passionate story. Unfortunately, the book was lacking.

The Navy/SEAL aspects of this story were fantastic. The terminology, situations, descriptions and mindsets were all well done. There was never a doubt where and who we were dealing with, but enough exposition the reader wouldn't get lost. Kudos to the
Sheri
Nov 15, 2013 Sheri rated it really liked it
I liked this book a lot. The conflict between characters, the characters themselves, were believable. There were some additional conflicts to the primary one (spoiler withheld) which were original.

I did have a few issues. The characters did a lot of thinking about their conflicts, but not much talking about them. And, although Hell Week was covered, the rest of SEAL training wasn't. And unfortunately, I just don't believe a woman, even an Olympic athlete, could make it through. No matter how at
Laura Duval
Apr 14, 2016 Laura Duval rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hot sexy men in uniform and bad ass heroine

I gave this a four star rating. It would have been a five star rating but the ending fell short, way to rushed. There were a few misspelled words but overall the novel was well written with lots of information that made you feel as if you were right there in the mix of all the action and training. Tabitha was a bad-ass SEAL. She's one tough cookie that does not crumble. Marc was an alpha all around but you learned he can compromise...eventually. I have
Esther
Jan 26, 2017 Esther rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome read!

I've owned this book in paperback for years, and it was starting to fall apart from all the times I've read it. I was ecstatic to find it in ebook. Now I can re-read it however many times I want, and not worry about it falling apart!
Leyns
Feb 20, 2017 Leyns rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable.

I really enjoyed this book! I loved the strong characters. I don't know anything about being in the navy or SEAL training or what they do, so I can't comment on how realistic it is for women to do SEAL training. However, I did enjoy the realism in the fact that the hero didn't want the heroine to be a SEAL. That he pushed for her to be safe. That she felt pressure to compromise her dream so that they could be together. I feel that's real life for women - if you want to have kids, you
Sharon Baker
Feb 22, 2017 Sharon Baker rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun

I enjoyed the determination of Tabby. I was rooting for her and hoping she didn't give up. I love romance and want the two main characters to finally get together but not at the expense of Tabby's life goal of being a Seal. Very happy ending.
Cheryl
Feb 17, 2017 Cheryl rated it really liked it
Loved the book - it was interesting to read about the training and procedures, and the character development and plot were engaging and fun to read! The ending wrapped up a little too quickly and neatly for me, but overall, it was great!
Le Ann
Feb 15, 2017 Le Ann rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Forbidden kisses

I enjoy the story but this author writes with a lot of funny scenes too. That makes it feel more natural and like your there watching it play out. Great job I'm so glade I didn't pass this book up
Barb
Sep 24, 2016 Barb rated it it was amazing
To become the first female SEAL she’ll have to match wits with the best…
Lt Tabitha Chapel is determined to join the Teams. She’s not about to let a little thing like gender get in her way. She’ll use every wile–feminine or otherwise–and her considerable strength of will to win this battle of the sexes. But the limits of her determination are tested by the only Navy SEAL capable of commanding her heart.
Cmdr Marc Miller is equally determined to keep her out of his program. As the newly appointed
Jo-Anne
May 12, 2016 Jo-Anne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
In this unique story we have Lieutenant Tabitha Chapel who wants to be the first woman to be a navy SEAL. She is determined to meet her goal and has fully prepared herself by doing everything necessary to train both physically and mentally for this position. However, her commanding officer, Mark Miller, does NOT want a woman to be a SEAL. He does everything he can to make sure she doesn't get in but doesn't factor in the connections Tabby has in the navy or his attraction to her.

I liked the idea
Jacqueline Patricks
May 12, 2014 Jacqueline Patricks rated it liked it
Recommends it for: woman who love fluffy military romances
Shelves: fiction, romance, military
Lightweight, afternoon romance fluff. It was fun. The couple created the usual romantic misunderstandings by refusing to communicate or be completely honest with each other, which was complicated by their professional situation. Good slow burn with a moderately disappointing first sexual encounter. Came off too sweet rather than sultry for my tastes, and the descriptions were lacking. I'm not talking about sexual descriptions either. I'm talking about situational character movements and such lik ...more
Bibliophile Booklover
Sep 09, 2016 Bibliophile Booklover rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, my-books
Started this yesterday after 7pm and I didn't go to sleep until about 2:30am. I couldn't put it down. I love a romance novel and each time I said I'm going to stop after I finish the chapter. Yeahhhhh that didn't happen. I love the cause that Lieutenant Chapel was fighting for. I believe if women are capable to do everything and if they can work just as hard as men to become a Navy SEAL then they shouldn't be stopped. Women handle a lot. I always think to myself if a woman can handle childbirth ...more
Jane
Lieutenant Tabitha Chapel is determined to become the first woman to become a Navy SEAL. Commander Marc Miller, the man that becomes her commanding officer is just a determined that she fail. After a four week study and reports to congress, Tabitha is sent back to California to become the first woman accepted into SEAL training.

Sparks an attraction have been growing since Marc first set eyes on Tabitha and the first weekend that she is no longer in his command he marries her. She comes back and
Julie
May 29, 2016 Julie rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary
Tabitha is a single-minded about her determination to become a SEAL, I mean there is no ifs, ands, or buts about it, she will be a SEAL come hell or high water. Marc isn't happy about Tabitha's mission and while he does train her to be the best possible what will be the cost for him?

There is a great build up of tension between the couple but the execution leaves a lot to be desired. I felt the romance was secondary to the training portion of the story-that would have been fine except the tension
Bjaynes1220
May 27, 2016 Bjaynes1220 rated it it was amazing
This book was awesome. I received it from the author as an ARC. I could not put it down. Was so excited to read about a female that wanted to become a Navy Seal.....Tabitha Chapel had her heart set on completing the task of becoming the first Navy Seal. However, her trainer, Marc Miller had big issues of a woman becoming a Navy Seal. What she went thru, and what he put her thru kept the book from laying down unattended. Angry with Marc for his final report, Tabitha was outraged, as I would have ...more
Tracy D Mosley
Jan 28, 2017 Tracy D Mosley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun, action packed and heart wrenching all at the same time.

Once I got through the first chapter I couldn't put it down!! Great story line and characters. I loved that this book was a true romance while avoiding language and many of the explicit details that so many authors insist on using these days. The characters are strong, well developed and believable. The ups and downs in their relationship, and the personal struggles that each fight to make it work, only draw you in deeper. And there are
Pamela Devereux
May 29, 2016 Pamela Devereux rated it it was amazing
I loved Tabitha. She has known what she wanted to do from the start. She wanted to be a SEAL. Not only does she have the Commander against her but also her father and uncle. Only she wants it more than the air she breathes. The one person who can make or break her is the Commander. He wants her not to be a SEAL. When you love someone, you want to give them their hearts desire. It just took Commander Marc Miller a little extra time to figure out that he loves Tabby and that he can't control every ...more
Anna
Sep 03, 2016 Anna rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
Despite a few minor issues with editing, this book was unputdownable. I've always been intrigued by the stories of the first women entering a formerly male sphere and this fictional example really floated my boat. It's written in a page turner style, so don't start it near bedtime. And be willing to overlook the surprise yes-you-can-have-it-all conclusion. Those caveats aside, you'll likely experience a complete vacation from your ordinary life while reading.
Mary Smith
Mar 19, 2016 Mary Smith rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very good Navy Seal Romance

Commander Marc Miller doesn't want women to be allowed in the Seal school and does everything possible to prevent it.
Tabitha Chapel is going to do whatever it takes to be the first woman to succeed.
The two are at war over this issue and also warring with their feelings for each other. I rated this book a five star because Ms. Brewer has written a very good book and I hope to read more of the same.
I highly recommend this good book to anyone who likes military stories.
Shirley Larson
Sep 04, 2016 Shirley Larson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you like the Navy, you'll love this book

I could not put this book down. I felt I was being given an authentic look at Seal training. The characters felt very real to me. Since I am a Romance writer, it takes a lot to please me, and this book pleased on every level. The situations the heroine and hero found themselves in and the touches of humor were just right. Best book I've read in ages. Of course I did buy the DVD all ten seasons of JAG, so my interest was already there. Kudos to Rogenna B
Jane Blanchard
Seal It with a Kiss by Rogenna Brewer is a feel-good military romance. This is the story of Lieutenant Tabitha Chapel and her attempts to become a Navy SEAL and of Commander Marc Miller who is determined to keep her out of the program. This is more of a love story than an actual recounting of the struggle women face in the armed forces. Can Tabitha be accepted as an equal in the military and in a romantic partnership?
Isabelle Joshua
Sep 04, 2016 Isabelle Joshua rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Engaging story

I really liked the story and personalities of the characters. The only problem I have with it is the ending. Talk amputated up with a pretty bow, and don't in about two paragraphs. I like a happy ending, but this one was so unbelievable because any real emotions or real grief are pushed aside for the happily ever after. Otherwise, I think it was a great book, and I'd like to read more from her.
Barbara
Oct 11, 2016 Barbara rated it it was amazing
Thank and bless all of you who serve both presently and in the past. You are the true heroes.

LT Tabitha Chapel-Prince comes from a long line of Navy officers and she has decided to be the first female Navy SEAL. Her commander has decided she will not be. Many men who apply to be a SEAL don't make it.

Though this is a work of fiction, with the recent acceptance of two women as Army Rangers (the elite of the Army), perhaps the idea of women SEALS is not too far fetched
Will Decker
Dec 21, 2016 Will Decker rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Although it was a good read, I felt something crucial was missing. I liked the background with the military and everything involved there, but making the heroine's father and godfather such big parts of the SEAL culture kind of took away some of the credence of the entire story. All in all, it was a nice romantic read with a lot more potential that never got explored. The writing was clean, the editing well done, and the sexual suspense superb, for those reasons I gave it 4 stars. Go Tiger!
Martha Campbell
Sep 02, 2016 Martha Campbell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful

Loved the family history and the military aspect. Real truth about military wives and the life. I loved Tabby and her strength and I go for it attitude. Then there's Marc carrying a lot of painful baggage. The question becomes can they make it work. Love the way all the characters lives were interwoven together.
Judy
Sep 02, 2016 Judy rated it really liked it
We know us ladys can be determined but to think, become a Navy seal. Enjoyed the discription of what one must go through to reach that goal. So many start the program and so few finish. Very good story to go along with the discription of becoming a seal. Was so realistic . And you think your haveing a bad hair day. Well done.
Arlene Downey
Mar 27, 2016 Arlene Downey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A lady SEAL?

And her commanding officer has the hots for her....

Sounded like fun and it was. Her father was a SEAL and neither of her brothers want to be SEALs, and she does. And neither her father nor her husband want her to be!

Great description of SEAL training, male unit bonding and how it all turns out.
Kim
Sep 03, 2016 Kim rated it really liked it
Tabitha wants to be the first woman to be a Navy Seal and she has all her ducks in a row as far as backing with people in high ranking positions in the Navy and other government agencies. She just has to make it thru 26 weeks of training and her Commanding Officer Mark Miller is there to make sure she doesn't.
Pam
Aug 15, 2016 Pam rated it liked it
Shelves: romances
I could certainly tell that this book is over 15 years old! Times have changed; attitudes have too! Harlequin Superromance. Not bad for its genre and time period. Men were blatantly chauvinistic. Too much happened off the page. Everything tied up too neatly and quickly.
Stephen Ashley
Sep 02, 2016 Stephen Ashley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Navy Seals Are Determined And Centered

A young Tabitha is the daughter of a Seal. Marc is a Navy Commander and a seal. The two meet, and the fireworks are ignighted! A plausable story that tugs on you.
  • Basic Training (Harlequin Blaze #238)
  • Risking It All (SEAL, #2; Harlequin Blaze #327)
  • Flyboy
  • Out of Uniform (Wingmen Warriors, #14)
  • A Man to Die For (Undercover Cops, #2)
  • The Soldier (McPherson Brothers, #2)
  • Safe by His Side (Colby Agency, #1)
  • Too Far Gone (SEAL Team 12, #6)
  • The Fall of Maggie Brown
  • A Soldier's Christmas (Conard County #16, Wingman Warriors #8)
  • The SEAL's Surprise Baby

SEAL It With A Kiss (3 books)
  • Sign, SEAL, Deliver
  • Midway Between You and Me (SEAL It With A Kiss #3)