Start by marking “Gilding the Lily-pad” as Want to Read:
Gilding the Lily-pad

Gilding the Lily-pad

Alternate cover edition for B00F9AO81S

***NOTE TO READERS: Gilding the Lily-pad is NOT a sequel to The Frog Prince; rather, it is a "companion novel." What does that mean? It means that Gilding the Lily-pad follows the same story as The Frog Prince--but it is told from Roman Habsburg von Lorraine's point-of-view (rather than Leigh Fromm's). Although Gilding the Lily-pad is
Published March 25th 2015 by Diva Press, Inc. (first published October 17th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Gilding the Lily-pad, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gilding the Lily-pad

Liz
Apr 09, 2016 Liz rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: d-bag-men, lies
I gave Frog Prince three stars and was hoping that GtLP would be similar, or better, filling in blanks about Roman, but I think it was worse. I ended up disliking Roman so much. He's clearly in love with her, but most of the time is lying or a jackass or jealous or all three.

I still don't understand why Leigh is in love with this dude. In both books there's a 2 1/2 month gap where they fell in love with each other, but he was lying the entire time to her. This dude was definitely a frog and a wh
Courtney Cogswell
I loved this book! I enjoyed the Frog Prince and Leigh was definitely one of my favorite female characters but reading the book from Roman's perspective answered some questions I had from the first book and really helped me to get a better feel for his character. I really liked him in the first book but by the end of Gilding the Lily-pad, he was at the top of my book boyfriend list :) As usual, while reading one of Elle Lothlorien's books, there were many snort laugh worthy moments but an ...more
Clair
Apr 19, 2015 Clair rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-books
I was first introduced to Elle Lothlorien when I read Alice in Wonderland. I had no idea what to expect but the moment I finished it, I immediately searched for more books by her.

My mom lent me The Frog Prince and within a few days I found out about Gilding the Lily-pad. I read the first few chapters before it came out and was glad be able to finish it when it did.

I love reading books from 2 different perspectives and can only imagine the time it takes to be able to write them (let alone just a
Marissa
Apr 26, 2016 Marissa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the same exact tale as The Frog Prince - it's just told from Roman's point of view. I felt like I had a lot better understanding of the events from his perspective. I did get upset with him though. He doesn't always think before he acts or speaks. It is a cute Cinderella story and I liked it. I wish I wouldn't have read this back to back with The Frog Prince - since it is the same story it would have been a good review of the other book and I probably would have liked it even more if I ...more
Lyndsey
Dec 24, 2013 Lyndsey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. A great companion book to "The Frog Prince". This is the first companion book I have ever read and was worried I wouldn't like it since I know how the story ends but it was great to see the other side of the story. Now I have to locate the rest of the books by this author. If they are half as good as these two then she is very very talented. Plus I just found out now there is going to be a sequel to these two books. Yay!!!
Lavonne Doljac
Aug 10, 2016 Lavonne Doljac rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Slow reading only because it is a companion to The Frog Prince, which I have already read. Since it is the companion, I already know what happens and so I keep getting distracted(I have a short attention span at times), for other things to read. I am enjoying it though. I think I am enjoying the story through Roman's eyes even better than Leigh's.
Trinity
Jul 30, 2015 Trinity rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just as fun as the original

This isn't the sequel to The Frog Prince, but rather the same story told from Roman's point of view. Such a fun, funny and adorable romance. It makes me want to go back and read the original again and I can't wait for the sequel! I'm a huge Elle Lothlorien fan. She never disappoints!
Paula Bothwell
Oct 12, 2015 Paula Bothwell rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
PG13 -
Language: including deity, and a few F-bombs
Sex: fade to black sex scenes.
I just barely finished Elle Lothlorien's *The Frog Prince* (which I LOVED), and was pretty excited to read this companion book and get the H's POV. I am so happy I did! I'm looking for more Elle Lothlorien's books - I have been so pleased with the two I have read!
Elene
Nov 27, 2013 Elene rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was an AWESOME companion to The Frog Prince. It truly gave you the story from Roman's point of view. This added to my overall enjoyment of the story as a whole - and made me want to go back and re-read The Frog Prince. It also made me want a tree house even more than I did before. A definite must read for the romance/comedy lovers!
Debbie Stephens
Jan 26, 2014 Debbie Stephens rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book. I read the Frog Prince and this book was like reading a new story. It was fresh and totally different from Roman's perspective. Like all Belle's novels, I couldn't put it down. Can't wait for the Frog King.
Cajya Darling
Oct 20, 2013 Cajya Darling rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing book! I was looking forward to reading this book and was not disappointed. This author is one of the few that can make me laugh out loud while reading. I love The Frog Prince and I love this book as well.
Cajya Darling
Sep 23, 2014 Cajya Darling rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an amazing book. I LOVED The Frog Prince and this book was excellent. I loved seeing or reading the other side of the story. So many times I wondered what Roman was thinking and this takes you into his world. Amazing!
Michelle (Champ)
Fun fun fun! I love every one of Elle's books. They are fun and original. Read this one but also the frog prince.
Lisa Jameson
May 25, 2014 Lisa Jameson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed reading this story from the prince's point of view. lots more insight to what was going on politically while he was wooing Leigh
Shelby
Nov 20, 2013 Shelby rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book! The Frog Prince was so funny I was excited to read about Leigh and Roman's love story for Roman's point of view. And Elle Lothlorien did not disappoint. Great read.
Jeannette
Jeannette rated it really liked it
Sep 11, 2016
Melissa Prado
Melissa Prado rated it it was amazing
Nov 17, 2014
Patricia
Patricia rated it it was amazing
Oct 05, 2014
Shelby
Shelby rated it it was amazing
Oct 26, 2014
Molly
Molly rated it really liked it
Aug 27, 2014
Jennifer rated it really liked it
Aug 09, 2015
Lindsay Stone
Lindsay Stone rated it really liked it
Aug 07, 2014
m j
m j rated it really liked it
Sep 14, 2014
Jenny
Jenny rated it really liked it
Oct 11, 2014
T. Holtz
T. Holtz rated it it was amazing
Aug 13, 2015
Randygirl
Randygirl rated it really liked it
Oct 12, 2015
Emily
Emily rated it really liked it
Dec 17, 2015
Alicia Morrow
Alicia Morrow rated it did not like it
Mar 12, 2015
Tamika
Tamika rated it it was amazing
Nov 11, 2014
Donna
Donna rated it it was amazing
May 15, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Journey Begins
  • Butterfly Kisses (The Butterfly Chronicles, #2)
  • Last Flight Out
  • 2010 Advent Calendar: Naughty or Nice
  • The Complete WardstoneTrilogy
  • Fifty Shades Effed
  • Boxer Falls: A Gaytime Drama
  • Have Glass Slippers, Will Travel
  • The Seacrest (Paines Creek Beach #1)
  • Classic Revenge (Silver Sleuths #1)
  • The Most Unlikely Lady (Brethren Of The Coast, #3)
  • Hens and Chickens (The Sovereign Series, #1)
  • My Fairytale Life (Vampire Hunter Series, #1)
  • A Little Light Magic
  • Amanda's Guide to Love (La Bohème)
  • Between Worlds: Nekkel Ace
A “military brat,” Elle Lothlorien was born in Germany and spent her childhood in such far-flung places as Puerto Rico, Charleston, S.C., Italy, and Washington D.C. Sadly, the only language she ever became semi-fluent in is English. She writes romantic comedies that are loose riffs on the popular fairy tales she read as a child–stories she still loves as an adult. Elle’s first self-published ...more
More about Elle Lothlorien...