Start by marking “Faking It (UnReal, #1)” as Want to Read:
Faking It (UnReal, #1)

Faking It (UnReal #1)

3.95  ·  Rating Details  ·  228 Ratings  ·  99 Reviews
Fake it till you make it.

That’s Lexi Hall, the wild socialite’s motto for how to live life.

Single and allergic to commitment, Lexi is having the time of her life. Or is she? With a new promotion at the art gallery, and her colorful lifestyle as bright as ever, she swears she has no interest in slowing down. When Lexi receives a phone call that can change her career, she po
Published January 2016

To ask other readers questions about Faking It, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Faking It

Christy
Jan 24, 2016 Christy rated it really liked it
Shelves: lol-hilarious
4 stars!

photo 7345890F-F8E1-450B-9848-90188CDA69C2_zpszag2qjkl.jpg

JD Hollyfield is a new author to me so I had no idea what to expect when I picked up Faking It. Fun is the first word that comes to mind. It was a fun book, with a sassy, yet surprisingly relatable heroine. I loved that it made me laugh lots, it had just the right amount of steaminess and was well paced and well written.
I, Lexi Hall, want to change. To be loved. To be cherished… Problem is, I don’t know how to go about doing it. I’ve spent so long faking how happy I am living free and
Arianna
Feb 22, 2016 Arianna rated it it was ok
1.5 - 2 Stars!!

description

Not really in the mood to write a review for this one since I barely liked it and I honestly don't like to write negative reviews...but before you try this one you have to know a couple of things:

* if you're allergic to instas as much as I am (esp insta-love), then this book is not for you since there's insta-lust from the moment the two MC meet an insta-love which btw didn't fell believable at all, since they apparently fell for each other after a couple of days (less than a week
Lisa Jayne
Feb 02, 2016 Lisa Jayne rated it liked it
THREE FAKE IT STARS

"I never want to let you go ..."

description

Reading a JD Hollyfield book is like having a pyjama day at home; easy, relaxed and plenty of fun. This author is definitely one of my 'go to' writers for comedy and romance and once again I was delighted to spend my time enjoying her work.

What did I Love?
This author has crazy good writing talent, her sex scenes in this novel were hot and believable and I especially enjoyed the moments where the author was comical - for me those were the shini
Vanessa
Jan 24, 2016 Vanessa rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: fans of Jane Green, Sophia Kinsella, Tara Sivec, and Alice Clayton
Review to follow, but WOW, what a fun book! Loved the heck out of it!! Hunter can paint me any day and I want to go drinking with Lexi! :)
K. Webster
Jan 23, 2016 K. Webster rated it it was amazing
Faking It by J.D. Hollyfield ruined me for all other funny books! This author is a excellent in her craft and truly knows how to weave hilarity, tender moments, and angst all into one book. I found myself laughing, crying, chewing my fingernails to little nubs, and then laughing again. She definitely took my heart on a rollercoaster ride and I'll be the first to jump on her next one.

Lexi was an adorable character. If you loved Becca from Sophia Kinsella's Shopoholic series, you'll love Lexi Hall
Tanya
Jan 24, 2016 Tanya rated it it was amazing
I received an Arc for an honest review. Let me say folks that this is a book you won't be able to put down. Beautifully written! It has humor, sex appeal, romance, and the I can't wait to see what's going to happen next factor. I loved this book and you will too. Lexi and Hunter will win you over.....
Give Me Books
Feb 09, 2016 Give Me Books rated it really liked it
This was another amazing installment from one of my go-to authors. I simply cannot get enough of J.D. Hollyfield's brand of snark and humor. Her sassy, clever women get me every time, and her men are sexy on a whole other level.

Lexi Hall was, on her own, a very relatable character. I could see pieces of women I know all too well in her, and maybe even a little bit of myself in her fake happy exterior. What I loved about her was that despite her self-admission that she was just faking her way th
Brandi
Feb 12, 2016 Brandi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've never read a JD Hollyfield book before. I have no idea why it hasn't happened, but it hasn't. This book rectifies that situation and guarantees that I'll be grabbing another JD Hollyfield book as soon as I have time.

This book is hilarious and sexy. Here's why it's hilarious:

...the stranger danger hunk of pure sex.

I practically fall forward. Most likely because my vagina just tried to launch itself at him.

Am I bummed that he turned down the sexual escapade? Hell yes. I am sporting some maj
Mary Tatar
Feb 07, 2016 Mary Tatar rated it really liked it
This book made me feel lighter, and happy. It was riveting and uplifting, but more than anything I wanted to know where I could find friends like Lexi, no scrap that how can I step into her shoes. Her attitude towards life was unique, and even after finishing this book. I was interested in what was going on with her. She had the worst and the best luck. I loved how she grabbed the bull by the horns and found humor in everything. She was the standout for me, surrounded by a wonderful cast.

Lexi w
Mg Herrera
Feb 01, 2016 Mg Herrera rated it it was amazing
5 "I WANT TO BE HUNTER'S TOMORROW" STARS!

A funny, light and quick reading wrapped in a hot package.

I have not realized how much I needed a good laugh, until Lexi here, gave me a good damn time!!

While reading Faking it, you are not only getting a girl who is going to make you laugh your ass off, but also a grumpy artist who is going to have you wishing you were his muse. *And that he uses paint all over you*. And if you are not happy with this, you also get a little taste of angstttttttttt, yea
PREMA Romance
5 New Leaf Stars!!

Such a fun read! Lexi is a typical twenty-something gal looking for love in all the wrong places, until a brooding, reclusive artist makes her an offer she can't refuse. Very Indecent Proposal! ;) In what becomes a whirlwind trip, Lexi and Hunter discover each other. But something about Hunter knocks Lexi off her usual confident game. And Hunter, well... Hunter has been completely out of the game for years. So while he's the perfect package on the outside, he's unsure and awk
L.J (Lisa Jane)
Feb 15, 2016 L.J (Lisa Jane) rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series, on-kindle, arc
Where do I start with this book.
HILARIOUS.
I was giggling, snorting, shaking my head and laughing out loud....
This book is a light hearted funny smokin hot romantic comedy that will leave you with a torrent of emotions.
Lexi is a brilliant character and I am so glad she got her own story. She is so snarky and smart witted that she sneaks right into your heart. You want to love her and protect her yet push her at the same time.
Hunter is an odd duck but a lovely character. He is dominant, dark, snea
Badass Bloggettes
I loved Faking It by J.D. Hollyfield, such a funny book. This is one of those books where on a day when you don’t want to do anything you can just curl up on the sofa and just cosy on down and read.
This is actually the first time I have read any of J.D Hollyfields books and she would for now forever be on my TBR lists. Such great writing.

This book had everything, there was laughter, love and that all important heart in throat moment where you were wondering what would happen next and had to keep
Đurđica
May 02, 2016 Đurđica rated it liked it
Not bad, but a bit too predictable.
Gabby Hillier
Jan 25, 2016 Gabby Hillier rated it it was amazing
Ok where can I get me an artist? This is the first time I've read one of J.D. Hollyfield's books and I was not disappointed in the least. Lexi Hall is carefree and has life by the well you know, but is she really truly happy with all that? Lexi is the executive director of an art gallery in San Francisco. While in mid pedi her bff and ex executive director gives Lexi a call telling her about this up and up artist. Well Miss Carefree goes on the trip and lets just say things get turn all upside d ...more
Nikki Mccrae
Jan 25, 2016 Nikki Mccrae rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading this one, I love a good book that can make me laugh one minute and then feel for the characters in the next. I never give much away in reviews so I'll only say a little.

Hunter is a recluse, he's not interested in his fame, he just wants to be left in peace to paint, although he isn't getting much of that done recently, until Lexi.

Lexi is hilarious, she knows what she wants and she has fun (and some embarrassing moments) along the way of getting those things.

I highly r
Beneath The Covers Blog
Jan 31, 2016 Beneath The Covers Blog rated it really liked it
Shelves: alison, arcs, 2016-reads
*I received and ARC for my honest review*

Lexi - Loves her life, she loves being single. Free to do whatever she wants or does she? Look closer. Is Lexi faking it?

Hunter - A sexy artist, who keeps to himself. He chooses to be a private person, but will that change when he lays eyes on Lexi?

This book was funny, I mean I literally laughed out loud at several parts in the book. I really enjoyed Lexi and her humor and Hunter, okay major swoon worthy!!! Um he can paint me anytime. This was a fun, sexy
.Jade
This is such a feel good book!

Lexi Hall is loving life. She's moving up in her career. She's happy. Single. Can do as she pleases. Completely happy. Well, that's exactly what she'll have everyone believe.
Hunter James is a reclusive, mysterious artist.
The gallery where Lexi works wants his art.
Lexi is the one who is in charge of getting him to agree.
He agrees.
On one condition.

"Great. But I have one more request."
"Fine. Whatever it is, it's yours."

Everyone needs to read this book as soon as it g
Berry•Nice
Jul 03, 2016 Berry•Nice rated it really liked it
Humorous, Sexy-Hot, Fun, Heartfelt!
Overall I enjoyed this very much.
I literally laughed-out-loud! *several times*

I'm surprised that this was able to give me so many feelings without the seriousness that most books have.
OMG! I got a sweet, hot, romantic Alpha-Male and a strong, straightforward confident Female.

Loved it!
Tracie Derr
Jan 25, 2016 Tracie Derr rated it it was amazing
Faking It..I really liked it. I loved Lexi's character a lot. She had me cracking up with her New Leaf persona. James was a mystery but I liked him too. Some of the things Lexi would talk about faking, I could relate in my life. I really liked her character and glad she got her HEA.

This is my first read for this author. I really liked it and would read others.
Laura Ward
Feb 25, 2016 Laura Ward rated it it was amazing
This was my first book by JD Hollyfield, but it won't be my last! I've already purchased Chrissy's story! This is a sexy, hilarious, and heartfelt love story. I loved it!
Hooks Books
Feb 14, 2016 Hooks Books rated it it was amazing
I LOVE this author! Her books are always funny, sexy & heartwarming. This one was no different. I started this afternoon and finished right before midnight! I couldn't put it down! Great story - with the right amount of angst, funny & sweet. And the damn epilogue that had me smiling from ear to ear. You rocked out another great book girl! Loved it!
Itsy Bitsy Book Bits
Faking It, by JD Hollyfield is the first book in the UnReal series. I’ll be the first to admit that I had no idea what to expect. This is my first JD Hollyfield book, but it will not be my last. This book was a roller coaster of emotions and I didn’t want it to stop.

Lexi Hall fakes it. What is it? Everything. She fakes being happy, she fakes enjoying herself, she fakes interest in the guy sitting across from her at dinner…you get the idea. She fakes it ‘til she makes it. Lexi works at St. Marke
Janna ♥ I'm A Sweet And Sassy Book Whore ♥
www.imasweetandsassybookwhore.com

*ARC*

Faking It was hilarious and sexy and the very first book I have read by this author. I hang my head in shame because I have had her other books on my kindle for a while now and haven’t read her yet. Hell I promoted her and do you know why? It was because I had a sense that I would love her work and I have in Faking It.

How many times ladies and gentlemen have we faked it until we made it? This book whore has a lot. Sometimes though you have to stop faking it
Lea's Book Blog
Feb 12, 2016 Lea's Book Blog rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, 5-stars
What’s a sassy art director to do when the reclusive artist is hot enough to set her panties on fire? Lexi Hall has to find out quickly in JD Hollyfield’s romantic comedy Faking It. Lexi is trying to make the most of her recent promotion at work, which means she needs to land on of the top contemporary artists. The only problem is he is not all he seems, and he wants Lexi to be his latest creation.

This book was great from the very beginning. Amusing and heartwarming, JD Hollyfield brings enough
Jill
Feb 10, 2016 Jill rated it really liked it
4 stars for a funny, light and steamy read that I read cover to cover in about a day. This is a spin-off of the Love Not Included series and while we get a check in with Chrissy and her new little family this book can be read as a complete stand alone. A reclusive and very rich artist meets a life of the party art broker not only do sparks fly but hilarity ensues...

Lexi Hall is really good at "faking it". Lexi claims to love her party girl lifestyle and all her high maintenance dieting/grooming
Danielle
Feb 01, 2016 Danielle rated it it was amazing
Oh Ms. Hollyfield, you have done it again!

Faking It is an amazing emotionally-charged story of two people who refuse to let anyone see who they really are. While full of the wit and humor we have come to expect from Hollyfield, this is not a funny book. No, it's a beautiful story of of a woman who protects herself by showing the world what they want to see - if they don't the real Lexi, they can't hurt her. Lexi is a fantastic heroine, one I found a kinship with and rooted for from the get-go.

Hu
Julie Gustafson
Jan 28, 2016 Julie Gustafson rated it really liked it
Reviewed on behalf of 2 Girls Who Love Books Blog.

I adored this book.
Faking it took me on a rollercoaster ride of emotions. I experienced laughter, sadness, love and those WTF moments.

This is the first book I have read from this author and it won't be the last.
Lexi was cute and I loved her sense of humor. This character was written flawlessly.
She has to take a last minute business trip to meet Hunter James who is an artist.
Little did she know her whole world would take a turn for the bette
Alphas Do It Better Book Blog
I received this ARC in exchange for an honest exchange.
4.5 New Leaf Stars

Oh my goodness! Where to start? Faking It has to be one of the funniest, sexiest reads I’ve read so far this year. I found myself laughing out loud and snorting so many times while reading this book. “I’m going to get a top-notch beaver wax” HILARIOUS!!

Lexi is smart, witty and sassy and even though she owns her “living life single and loving it”, she is miserable and wants the white picket fence. I love a character like he
Jenny Vee ~The Review Loft~
3.5 stars. review to come.
  • Grooming the Player (Campus Players, #1)
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone, #2)
  • Submerged (Bound Together #1)
  • Anything but Minor
  • Kissed at Midnight
  • Whispering Wishes
  • Outside the Lines (Rebel Hearts, #1)
  • The Marriage Agenda
  • Walk of Shame (G-Man, Next Generation, #1)
  • Husbands On Horseback: Paper Husband / Bride in Waiting (ncludes: Long, Tall Texans, #15)
  • Find You in Paris (La Bohème - The Darcy Brothers, #1)
  • Misguided Truths: Part One (Misjudged, #3)
  • Changing Tunes (The Changing Series, #1)
  • A Tryst with Trouble
  • Stars (Penmore #1)
  • Happy Pants Cafe (Happy Pants, #0.5)
  • A Constant Attraction (The Attraction Series, #2)
  • Barely Breathing (Colorado High Country, #1)
Creative designer, mother, wife, writer, part time supehero...

J.D. Hollyfield is a creative designer by day and superhero by night. When she is not trying to save the world one happy ending at a time, she enjoys the snuggles of her husband, son and three doxies. With her love for romance, and head full of book boyfriends, she was inspired to test her creative abilities and bring her own story to l
More about J.D. Hollyfield...