Start by marking “Finding Your Way Home: A Soul Survival Kit” as Want to Read:
Finding Your Way Home: A Soul Survival Kit

Finding Your Way Home: A Soul Survival Kit

“Melody Beattie gives you the tools to discover the magnificence and splendor of your being.” — Deepak Chopra, author of Jesus and Buddha

“Beattie understands being overboard, which helps her throw bestselling lifelines to those still adrift.” — Time magazine

From the New York Times bestselling author of Codependent No More, The Language of Letting Go, Journey to the Heart,
Published May 18th 2010 by HarperOne (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Finding Your Way Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Finding Your Way Home

Gatlianne Gatlianne
Apr 13, 2013 Gatlianne Gatlianne rated it it was amazing
I'm a fan of Melody Beattie's work but this book topped the list for me. It was as though she spoke directly to me, and, I rather suppose that's the point. The book is real and familiar in that you read it as though you're speaking with a trusted and dear friend. Beattie reaches in with insightful and compassionate, yet, bold ideas that hit straight in the heart of the matter. I highly recommend this book to anyone who is searching for their truth, on a spiritual journey, or who simply wants to ...more
Meagan Greygor
Aug 04, 2011 Meagan Greygor rated it it was amazing
This is the third time I read this book, and I actually read it from start to finish this time. This is one of two books I always pick up when I'm going through a rough time (the other one is "Letters to a Young Poet"), and it never disappoints. I have tons of notes in the margins and underlined portions. It is insightful, motivating, and inspiring. The exercises will stay with you, and you'll find yourself doing them at random moments. This is one I keep on my desk instead of my bookcase...
Kim Dierdorff
Nov 04, 2010 Kim Dierdorff rated it it was amazing
This book literally saved me when my life fell apart a year ago. As I read it, I highlighted everything that felt right...quotes that were me. At the end of the book I went back through and wrote all my highlights in my journal. To this day, reading over my journal brings me peace just as this book did the first time I read it.
AnandaTashie
Nov 14, 2012 AnandaTashie rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012, non-fic
The basic premise ("tools for discovering your emotional and spiritual power") and the talk of "home" really appealed to me. In this book, Beattie shares her personal journey, other people's stories, suggestions, philosophical spiritual musings, etc.

The downside is that this book is verbose and cluttered. There's little organization or structured flow. It reminds me a whole lot of stream of consciousness divided into paragraphs.

The upside is that if you're willing to wade through it all, there
Trisha
Oct 22, 2013 Trisha rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
Het boek gaat over het gemis dat iemand kan hebben in zijn leven en hoe je het gemis weer kan opvullen. Het is een zelf-hulp/new age boek over het terugvinden van jezelf. De auteur schrijft het boek uit haar ogen en in de ik-vorm. Met verhalen van haar en haar omgeving probeert ze de lezer te laten zien hoe het anders kan. Ze geeft via de verhalen tips en met een duidelijk overzicht en quotes laat geeft ze een goede handleiding af voor de ontdekker van het eigen ik.
---
Een goed boek om hier en d
Jen Smith
Aug 28, 2015 Jen Smith rated it liked it
I felt like I've heard all of this before but it was okay to hear again
Leah
Jun 12, 2010 Leah rated it liked it
So this was a great book for the current self-help regimen. At times she went a little mystic and got very soul-y and cosmic, but pretty much, it was a book about how to equip your soul with things in life to make it through the difficult times. She has activities at the end of each chapter, like writing, or meditation, that summarize what was talked about. My personal favorite was the chapter called You Are Never Alone (because there are times when I would beg to differ). It was very good. Will ...more
Kristin
Feb 14, 2016 Kristin rated it it was ok
Shelves: soul-care
Loved her other books. This one got too New Age for my preference so I just skimmed it.
Deidre
Aug 29, 2015 Deidre rated it really liked it
If you're serious about "doing the work" of living a three-dimensional life, unencumbered by old scripts, read this book. Sip a chapter at a time, let its wisdom permeate your soul, then sip the next chapter. You won't regret it.
Lindy
Aug 29, 2011 Lindy rated it really liked it
Words of encouragement to find genuine fulfillment to learn from our spiritual lessons and to use affirmations in living a more positive lifestyle.
Casey Emerson
Jun 09, 2008 Casey Emerson rated it it was amazing
This book is perfect for the female soul. It's about finding your way to your purpose and your soul after experiencing chaos and challenge.
Melodie
Jan 28, 2013 Melodie marked it as to-read
Absolutely love this book!!! Anyone coming into 40s will find this book beneficial!! One of my most fav books that really moved me!!!
SueAnn
May 16, 2013 SueAnn rated it liked it
Well worth your time to read. It helps you think more positively.
Daniela
Oct 02, 2011 Daniela rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. Was so direct and easy to read. :)
Kim
Mar 24, 2008 Kim rated it liked it
A little dry to start, but had some great ideas in it.
Heather
May 19, 2011 Heather rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
AWESOME BOOK
Simo Ibourki
Simo Ibourki marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2016
The Transmuted Tree
The Transmuted Tree marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2016
claricia s. shepherd
claricia s. shepherd rated it really liked it
Sep 14, 2016
Lolisha
Lolisha marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2016
Janessa
Janessa marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2016
Christina Bella
Christina Bella rated it did not like it
Sep 09, 2016
Christina
Christina rated it it was amazing
Sep 02, 2016
Agnes
Agnes marked it as to-read
Marianne Myssen
Marianne Myssen marked it as to-read
Kayla Andrews
Kayla Andrews marked it as to-read
Spiritual Charlotte
Spiritual Charlotte marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2016
Sheelaagh K Uulcarney
Sheelaagh K Uulcarney marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2016
Carla Griggs
Carla Griggs marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2016
  • The Intuitive Way: A Guide to Living from Inner Wisdom
  • The Best Year of Your Life: Dream It, Plan It, Live It
  • Don't Believe Everything You Think: Living with Wisdom and Compassion
  • The Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions of Overeaters Anonymous
  • Living a Charmed Life: Your Guide to Turning the Ordinary into the Extraordinary
  • Smile at Fear: A Retreat with Pema Chodron on Discovering Your Radiant Self-Confidence
  • Believing In Myself: Daily Meditations for Healing and Building Self-Esteem
  • The Essential Laws of Fearless Living: Find the Power to Never Feel Powerless Again
  • The Little Red Book (AA)
  • The Revolutionary Trauma Release Process: Transcend Your Toughest Times
  • Stay With Me
  • A Seeking Heart (Mountain Lakes #1)
  • Top of My Lungs
  • Sexual Anorexia: Overcoming Sexual Self-Hatred
  • Brain Gym Teachers Education
  • Gib Rides Home (Gib, #1)
  • Christmasing With You
  • Dialogues with Silence: Prayers & Drawings
Over the years, Melody Beattie has become well-known in the world of self-help literature. After turning away from a life of addiction and suffering, Melody shared her own story in order to help others change theirs. Her overnight sensation, Codependant No More, has been influencing millions for over twenty years. Her passion for writing has resulted in fifteen books, including: Co-Dependants Anon ...more
More about Melody Beattie...

“trusting” 0 likes