Start by marking “Dream Makers: Untamed / Less of a Stranger” as Want to Read:
Dream Makers: Untamed / Less of a Stranger

Dream Makers: Untamed / Less of a Stranger

Untamed

Jo Wilder had the heart of a lion and the temper of a wildcat. And when Keane Prescott crossed her path, she bared her claws. Jo was certain her charming new boss imperiled everything she cared for, but she couldn't deny the attraction between them. Though Keane's kisses left her breathless, it was his tenderness that threatened to tame her heart.

Less of a Stranger

C
Published October 1st 2006 by Silhouette Books (first published 1984)

To ask other readers questions about Dream Makers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dream Makers

Alicia Jespersen(BehindThePicketFence)
Feb 14, 2012 Alicia Jespersen(BehindThePicketFence) rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Nora Roberts fans
Shelves: i-own, favorite-books
These two stories are the perfect match! The characters are super sweet and romantic. I usually don’t like it when there is more than one story in a book, but Nora Roberts pulled it off. This book kept my attention all the way to the end. Especially when it switched in the middle to the new story. I may be biased because Nora Roberts got me started in the romance genre, but I’m glad Dream Makers was the first book i read.

With the first story; Untamed you meet Jo Wilder. She tames lions at a circ
Aurelia Rowl

These haven't stood the test of time as well as many of Roberts' other stories.
Maura
Jane
Jul 30, 2016 Jane rated it liked it
Okay, I may have to rethink my goal of reading all of Nora Roberts' books from the beginning of her career. And the reason is because they are formulaic Silhouette Romance books.

I mean, I'm tired of the same-0ld, same-old. The heroine's parents are both dead. If the heroine is not completely ditzy, she's confused and/or cutesy dumb, and she lets past failed relationships rule her heart & won't let the new man into her life almost to the point of losing him altogether. Mind you, this is not j
Nath
Caroline G'wattage
Jul 13, 2011 Caroline G'wattage rated it really liked it
Dream makers, both romantic stories, and both l really enjoyed.
This is the second Nora Roberts 2 in 1 book, l have read, and feeling very satisfied at the end.

The first short story is called:
Untamed - It is set in the circus. the owner has just died and left the circus to his son, whom he had no contact with for most of the son's Keane's life.
Jo was the protagonist, is worried that Keane will sell the circus and had disliked him since before his father's death.
Things change when she meets him. t
Cassie
Jan 30, 2013 Cassie rated it it was amazing
Untamed is one of my favorites. Nora roberts takes you inside of a circus where you realize how much danger lies within it, how much love and how much family. When she throws Keane into Jo's life, Jo realizes that danger isn't just found amoung the lions in her cage, it's also giving her heart away to a man she is sure is going to break it. The lovw between Keane and Jo is beautiful and by the end, you feel like you really understand what love is.

Less of a stranger. I loved this book for so many
Shae
Nov 15, 2009 Shae rated it it was ok
I feel really bad for saying this, but I wanted to stab both heros with a fork. They were pushy and domineering and thought they knew what was best for the woman. It just drove me crazy how controlling they were and insistant that the lady would bend to their ways just because they were supposedly sexy. I do have to say it was a good thing for Megan's character because she was very lame and needed someone to force her to get her life together. The only reason I read this was because a friend tol ...more
Aug 24, 2016 Janet rated it really liked it
first stories was about jo and keane who was the new boss of a circle and his question of what to do about it keep it , sell it or give it to the circle people because its their home. jo is a lion tamer but doesn't trust him but she can't deny their attraction to each other.

david wants to buy fairground attraction from megan dad but she is scared of what could happen to her dad when he isn't working. megan mistrust misleads her in different directions but eventually to each other.
Catherine
Mar 22, 2015 Catherine rated it really liked it
Two more great stories by Nora Roberts. She took me to places I loved growing up - the circus & boardwalk/carnival.

I loved seeing the circus through Jo's eyes. I wanted to train the lion right along side of her. She is brave and loving. And she other's see the world from her point of view.

Megan learned there is more to life. Katch helped her find it.
Lavendersbluegreen
Sep 14, 2009 Lavendersbluegreen rated it it was amazing
I just love that they keep repackaging her old books into 2fers! I may have read Less Of A Stranger before… it seemed familiar and I am almost sure I remember having this book with this cover… at any rate cirus / carnival books!! Untamed makes you want to join the circus and both sweep you away… if you like Nora, then these classics are must reads!
Aug 28, 2011 Janet rated it liked it
Pretty formulaic. Girl is attracted to guy /she pretends to hate him / they share tragic histories /she falls in love with him /he doesn't want to commit / she hates him again /he proposes. The only thing different here were the circus and amusement park settings.
Andrea
Sep 19, 2015 Andrea rated it really liked it
I never tire of Nora Roberts. You can always count on her books for solid writing, entertaining storylines and juicy dialogue. This one was two quick reads in one and I choose it because it was light and I like to read light after coming off of something heavy. Will always be a Nora fan!
Lani
Sep 02, 2015 Lani rated it really liked it
Yes this is a romance novel...it was very clean though. It had some passionate kissing moments. It was like reading a chick flick and I just really loved it and could hardly put it down. And that's that.
Aberforth
Nov 15, 2009 Aberforth rated it did not like it
I loved the settings but hated the characters. I couldn't help but feel the heroines were whiny and the guys were giant douchebags. I picked it up at a used bookstore and suspect that it will be going right back over there.
Natalie Borg
May 26, 2012 Natalie Borg rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this book :) especially liked the story with Jo and Keane! and i love how fun the settings are; circus, amusement park... great little love stories :) This is the second Nora Roberts book i've read, will definitely be buying some more soon!
Lauretta
Feb 10, 2013 Lauretta rated it it was ok
I keep periodically thinking that I should try again to read one of the great authors of romance novels. I am still underwhelmed and should just give up on this genre (if not for the fact that I wouldn't have stumbled across Gabaldon if I hadn't sought out this genre)
Jun 24, 2013 Janet rated it really liked it
Good
Anna-Lisa
Jul 01, 2009 Anna-Lisa rated it liked it
Recommended to Anna-Lisa by: lovelylilain@yahoo.de
Shelves: romance
Both stories in this book were okay. Both a fast read but nothing special. I read them because I bought the book but they're definitly not must reads if you like Nora Roberts.
Latosha
it was two short books in one and I enjoyed them both. quick wit by the characters that you can enjoy in both books
Loryn
Jun 20, 2011 Loryn rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
I didn't actually finish the second story but I have no clue when I will! So I want it off my feed. The first one was great!
Prachi Gupta
Jul 25, 2013 Prachi Gupta rated it liked it
This was my first Nora Robert's book. And i would not say I was disappointed. All though endings of both the stories were very predictable. But she presented them in an extraordinary way.
Heather
Jun 11, 2009 Heather rated it liked it
i thought it was a good book to read
Peni
Aug 03, 2013 Peni rated it really liked it
Please see individual stories for review.
Cielo
Nov 30, 2012 Cielo rated it really liked it
aww. so sweet and lovely ♥
Diane
Jul 10, 2008 Diane rated it it was ok
Don't read this unless your bookshelf is empty and you are desperate!
Clare
Oct 28, 2016 Clare rated it it was amazing
No good only lasted two days.
Nabila Amr
May 14, 2013 Nabila Amr rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Witzige und gefühlvolle Liebesgeschichten erzählt Nora Roberts hier wieder mal. Ich liebe ihre Bücher, auch wenn die beiden Geschichten hier eher zu der einfacheren Liebesgeschichten ist.
Amanda
Mar 03, 2009 Amanda rated it really liked it
I really liked the two stories in this one, especially the endings of both! I like that the men seem to be able to feel without being too stunted ;)
Sonya Reena
Sonya Reena rated it it was amazing
Sep 20, 2016
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • The Random House Book of Ghost Stories
  • Flash
  • Carolina Girl (Carolina Trilogy, #3)
  • The Draycott Legacy: Bridge of Dreams & Enchantment
  • Ready for Love (Ready for Romance & Ready for Marriage)
  • The Morning After
  • On Wings of Magic
  • We'll Always Have Paris
  • The Closer I Get to You
  • Craving Her Soldier's Touch/Secrets of a Shy Socialite
  • Love's Melody Lost
  • Kingdom Of Moonlight (Akora, #2)
  • The Mammoth Book of 20th Century Ghost Stories
  • Little Rabbit Foo Foo
  • Bump in the Night (In Death, #22.5)
  • Under the Mistletoe
  • Calder Storm (Calder Saga #10)
Nora Roberts is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of more than 200 novels, including The Obsession, The Liar, The Collector, Whiskey Beach and coming in June 2017, Come Sundown. She is also the author of the futuristic suspense In Death series written under the pen name J.D. Robb. There are more than 500 million copies of her books in print.
More about Nora Roberts...