Start by marking “Wit'ch War (The Banned and the Banished, #3)” as Want to Read:
Wit'ch War (The Banned and the Banished, #3)

Wit'ch War (The Banned and the Banished #3)

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  2,526 ratings  ·  55 reviews
Als Elena und ihre Gefährten nach einer abenteuerreichen wie gefahrvollen Reise das Meer erreichen, bäumt sich das Böse erneut auf. Mörderische Ungeheuer, schwarze Magier und Verräter in den eigenen Reihen versuchen den Zusammenhalt der Verbündeten zu sprengen. Im Kampf gegen die Kreaturen wird Elena auf ihre bisher härteste Probe gestellt...
Published July 31st 2001 by Del Rey Books (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Wit'ch War, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wit'ch War

Guilty Pleasures by Laurell K. HamiltonMoon Called by Patricia BriggsIron Kissed by Patricia BriggsCircus of the Damned by Laurell K. HamiltonThe Laughing Corpse by Laurell K. Hamilton
Top Female Heroine Books
42nd out of 181 books — 64 voters
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling
Best Books With Witches
413th out of 1,004 books — 1,846 voters

More lists with this book...

Vodis
L'aventure continue,
Eléna a réussi, on ne sait pas trop comment, a rallier différentes factions pour l'aider dans ce qui finalement est devenue une guerre. On se rendra en fait compte qu'il ne s'agit que d'une bataille unique. Bon je passe le fait que l'histoire est toujours aussi prenante et intéressante, que notre sorcière bien aimée (ah ah) grandit de plus en plus et qu'elle s'approprie enfin ses pouvoirs, et que les surprises se suivent et créent des moments de tension qui entraineront de no
Sara
(This review may contain spoilers).

So questions were answered while other questions were raised here. The characters were interesting and well-written and the author wasn't afraid to kill them when it worked in the story. There was an awful lot of violence, but since the characters were at war, that was to be expected.

It was good to see things resolved with Rockingham - but really horrible about Kral. I might know how things end up, but it's still depressing to read about it all.

Tol'chuk still r
Nathan Burgoine
Starting with "Wit'ch Fire," James Clemens introduced the character of Elena. A young woman born a wit'ch (a woman with the abilties of great magicks), she is of a mixed prophecy - either the savior of the world, or its death.

That was the beginning of the "Banned and the Banished," series. Since then, Clemens has rounded out the cast of his books with wonderfully drawn characters: rich in elemental magics that don't overpower their characters and personalities.

In this third book in the series, E
Caiti
Jan 08, 2013 Caiti rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who enjoy coffee table fantasies.
I will not remember the names of these books. I barely remember the names of the characters - even the main ones. However, no matter what, I'll never forget the name I've come to think of the entire series by:

Sudden'ly

As I've mentioned in a previous review of most likely the first book of the Banned and the Banished, I can't help but think that Alasea is the safe haven for all of those apostrophes that professional and budding authors considered too excessive and erased from their projects. The
Lizza11
Alweer het 3e boek van de V&V serie, en weer in no-time uitgelezen. Met dit boek kom je weer een stapje dichterbij het plot, maar het gaat wel erg snel zo. Het is voor mijn gevoel een beetje lastig bij te houden hoeveel tijd er nu ongeveer is verstreken in de serie, omdat ze ipv weken en maanden het hebben over manen. De gebeurtenissen in dit boek had ik daardoor pas verwacht in deel 4 of misschien zelfs 5, maar dat kan natuurlijk helemaal niet doordat de echte strijd nu pas op punt van begi ...more
Joel Flank
Another solid entry in the Banned and the Banished series. In this book, Elena gathers her allies for an assault on A'loa Glen, to retrieve the Blood Diary that has been locked away for 500 years. Along the way, there are the expected difficulties, new characters and challenges, as well as lots of self-reflection and self-doubt by several of the key characters. More insight is given to some of the enemies in the series, and several sub-plots from the first book in the series get nicely wrapped u ...more
Ashley White
Feb 23, 2014 Ashley White rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone who enjoys Fantasy
This one is possibly my favorite out of the series. Not only is there an epic battle (Ok MANY epic battles) but there's mermaids and dragons! (Ok so they were introduced last book) But this one has pure awesomeness, and you find yourself not hating Clemens quite so much, and even loving the characters a little more.
Silvena
I started to love this series from the first two books, but... this one started using some questionable racist language. Like over and over and over. Seriously, how many times does Brother Moris need to be referred to as "the black-skinned Brother" (EVERY single time he's mentioned) and how many times does someone's "strange complexion" make them difficult to trust? I was so disappointed. I just can't feel the same way about this series. I try to be chill about when race politics are ambiguous i ...more
Ryan
It's a bit too "fantastical" for my tastes. The characters seem to know things that they shouldn't know given the circumstances that are set up in the book. "E.g., this forest that just killed hundreds of people was briefly disappointed and is now ignoring us". Too many people come back to life or communicate with their spirits… If you kill off someone, just let them stay dead.

Most the battles have the same "feel". Here is a new disgusting incredibly powerful monster attacking the same people wh
Moses
Jul 01, 2014 Moses rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: 1, 2
awesome book series
i mean......it feels like you are in another world
Vivian
Once again, Clemens weaves an outstanding story that could go farther than it did in this book. There were way too many characters and plots going on at the same time that it got a bit complex and confusing during times when I just got engaged into one story plot just to get torn away from it to get introduced to another plot. Then I have to remember what had happened before to actually make sense of what was happening. Other than this problem, I felt that Wit’ch War was a very good book.
Steve Blanchette
Book 3 has done a good job of expanding the scope of the story to include so many people and areas of the world. The story is unfolding nicely with many cross stories being expertly weaved together! By far the best book so far in this series! The character development has been very nice and they almost seem more real now then they did in parts of book 2. Overall very excited for book 4 and further insight into the Wiergates and the Blood Diary!

O
JY (Jennifer)
Dreki
I wanted to dive straight into this after finishing the second - but I resisted to make the series last. Now to resist the pill of the fourth.... Aghh

I love this series. The way it takes mythical creatures and races and weaves new stories around them is just great. Gives them an amazing rebirth in a sense. The idea of being bonded with a dragon isn't new, but its just done so well in this series. I'm filled with awe, and more than a touch of longing....
Robert Shank
Excelant series
Stephanie Timiney
Book 3 still running strong! Sequels tend to start fizzling as they soon just become fodder mixed with minutely interesting story lines to keep the cash cow going. NOT SO with the banned and the banished series. EVERY SINGLE book is just filled with so much energy and stories that have you cheering, crying, and booing all the way through. It's hard to even put the books down! Bravo James Clemens! Standing ovation on this entire series!
Caroline Soul
Absolutely brilliant :-)
Murry
Much like the second book of the LOTR trilogy, Wit'ch Storm is replete with war images and war scenes. It is interesting how the evil, seemingly invincible adversary of the first book, the Skaltum, are cut down in droves in this book. A good illustration of how the fear of the power of a common enemy can lead to the joining of forces and the proliferation of bigger and badder weapons. Can't we all just get along?
Maggie Curry
Full of amazing quotes, like:
"It's always easy putting your head in a noose. It's getting out that's hard."
"....the future is like ice. It may appear solid and unchanging, but with the slightest heat, it flows and pours into strange new channels."
"But when does a price become too high-even for freedom? ..."That is not for you to judge. It is a price each man must weigh in his own heart."
Tìbò Le dwàrìn
Magnifique tome.
Je suis content que l'auteur ait enfin prit le temps d'étoffer certains de ses personnages, en laissant d'autres de côté (pour y revenir dans le tome 4?).
Une fois le livre terminé on se rend compte que l'auteur nous a raconté beaucoup de chose, et qu'il a vraiment fait avancer le "schmilblick".
Le tome suivant promet (encore une fois) de très bonnes choses.
Iman Eyitayo
Un T3 toujours aussi riche en action, suspens, surprises et aventures ! À part une histoire d'amour naissante qui m'a profondément dérangée et un petit manque d'empathie pour certains personnages, je n'ai rien à reprocher à ce livre. Rendez-vous au Tome 4 !

Chronique : http://imanbooks.blogspot.fr/2014/10/...
Louise
Encore une fois l'auteur a su me charmer avec son écriture que je trouve vraiment parfaite. L'histoire m'a ensorcelé jusqu'à la fin et le changement de personnage pendant les chapitres me plait vraiment car ça permet de voir comment les personnages finissent par se retrouver. Il y avait encore une fois tout ce que j'aime.
Crystal
I just finished this last night and I have to say that I'm still very very much enjoying the series. I do wish there was a bit more in depth in the romantic department. No one in a relationship can really seem to get any type of emotion out of themselves. They seem a bit stunted there.
Debbie
I like how, through this series, you can see the author evolving. There were a couple questionable continuities that I saw, but the character development just keeps getting better, the story grabs you more, and just generally kudos to him for improving.
Andrew Nedelchev
If there isn't one then we should formulate a rule regarding length of novels. A novel should only be as long as the narrative itself demands.

There is a lot of good in this series of novels but they already seem too long. And I've still got two more.
Lisa Isselée
Wonderful series !
I lived and breathed these books for years.
I loved the plot, the story, the details.
It are the books that got me into reading again.
These are definitely books with a lot of memories for me.
Morrigan Marsion
This is the start to an epic tale of a young girl into woman in a tragic era in her society. It is filled with ups and downs and keeps your heart racing with all of the twists and turns.

This is the start of the war.
Judith
Main character still a little whiny but a couple of new characters have been introduced that have renewed my interest. I enjoy the author;s writing style and his version of the evil guys.
  • The Cursed Towers (The Witches of Eileanan, #3)
  • Echo of Eternity
  • Children of Amarid (Lon Tobyn Chronicle #1)
  • Guardians of the Lost (Sovereign Stone, #2)
  • De erfenis van Richard Grenville (De verborgen universiteit, #1)
  • Nightchild (Chronicles of the Raven, #3)
  • Destiny: Child of the Sky (Symphony of Ages, #3)
  • Le vaisseau magique (Les aventuriers de la mer, #1)
  • Winter Warriors (Drenai Saga, #8)
  • The Fifth Sorceress (The Chronicles of Blood and Stone, #1)
  • Der Krieg der Zwerge (Die Zwerge, #2)
James Rollins and James Clemens are two of the pen names of American veterinarian Jim Czajkowski (born 1961), author of bestselling fantasy and action-packed adventure-thrillers. He sold his veterinary practice in Sacramento, California, to concentrate full-time on writing.

James is an amateur spelunker and a certified scuba diver. These pastimes provide much fodder for his novels, which are often
More about James Clemens...
Wit'ch Fire (The Banned and the Banished, #1) Wit'ch Storm (The Banned and the Banished, #2) Wit'ch Gate (The Banned and the Banished, #4) Wit'ch Star (The Banned and the Banished, #5) Shadowfall (Godslayer Chronicles, #1)