Big Red Bath

Big Red Bath

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  115 ratings  ·  24 reviews
Ben and Bella are having such a lovely, splashy time in the big, red bath that soon everybody wants to join in the fun! But will there be room for all the animals - even Hippopotamus?
Published May 1st 2007 by Orchard (NY) (first published December 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Big Red Bath, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Big Red Bath

Charlotte Burge
The Big Red Bath is a great book to read in the early years setting. It can be used as a main theme for topic work as there are lots of activities it can be centred around. It also investigates capacity and opens avenues for really good water play as well as volume exploration.

The animals used in the book are recognisable to small children which creates familiarity and allows for discussions to be had about size as well as weight in relation to how much water will leave the bathtub when each an...more
Kayleigh
The Big Red Bath is such a fun book to introduce into the classroom. The front page of the book is full of colour and fun and excitement. The book already shows a wider audience being girls and boys as illustrated on the front cover in something they would be familiar with, a bath! The illustration overall is fantastic with most drawings spread over two pages; it subsequently draws in the children to want to see more through the use of bright colours and the animation used. The book is read in a...more
Abbey Brammer
I think this book is a great example of imagination and it shows a rhyming pattern. It may also show children, who are scared of taking a bath, that bath time can be enjoyable. Also, it shows children different types of animals. Overall, I enjoyed reading this story and would use it in my future classroom.
Bari
Adorable. I read this book to my story time group ages 18 months to 3 years old. The children loved it and couldn't wait to see which animal would end up in the tub.
The book has bright colorful pictures and repetive text, which enabled some kids to "read along".

Great choice for story time.
Paula
Stan and Stella are joined by a variety of animals in a bathtime adventure.
Claire
Great book to read aloud
Kayleigh
Jarman and Reynolds have created a captivating story for children to read before and after bath time at home. My daughter loves the illustrations and can relate to the repitition throughout the book, 'splish, splash, splosh!'

The repitition allows for music to be created through rhyming which all children love, and this makes the story memorable. The adventure throughout the story enables children to encounter animals from all around the world. I would recommend this book.
Tam
Aleece
This is a cute rhyming story about friends/animals that join you while your in the bath. The illustrations are nice and bright and kids will enjoy the big pictures with lots of colors.

This book also shows how much fun kids can have at bathtime and they can go on an adventure without even leaving the bath. This is also a great story that shows just how imaginations can run wild and can create their own worlds full of fun things all while getting clean.
Heidi
Fun imagination trip in a red tub. Loved that the creatures who all joined the trip can be seen both before and after the trip. It makes me want to take a bath with a bunch of bath toys. I do own Star Wars and block bath toys....

Not quite what I was looking for in my Bubbles theme, but a good one to have on display in case someone wants to read more.
Ecl  Storytellers
Fun. Two kids in the tub are progressively joined by a bunch of jungle animals. Repetition and rhyming, bright and cartoony drawings make this a fun read. The kids slapped their legs everytime we said "splash"--made it interactive.

Not really sure why the tub flies into space at the end... but whatever.
Lillie Rayburn
Favorite part: I like the mom and the sister best because they are so cute and pretty. And I like it when they FLYYYY to outer space in their bathtub! I can see the North Pole and the sea and flamingos coming their way! And I can see the green land and some stars!
Mary
One of my favorite picture books ever! Children taking a bath and imagine a lion, kangaroo, dog, and so many more flying in a big red tub around the world?!?
Ingrid
A nice story for a bathtime theme. Simple, bright illustrations, not too short, not too long. Not a favorite, but certainly serviceable.
Robin
This is one of my kids' favorites. We check it out from the library so often I'm thinking of just buying ourselves a copy. Cute, fun story.
Conkristador
MCPLD Youth Department
Bathtime becomes a real adventure for the boy in this story -- as each bathtime experience should be!! Great Fun!!
June
Jun 28, 2014 June rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: bathtime requests
Stella & Stan are joined in the tub until it finally floats out the door. 7/17/12

Used again.
Jessica
I think children would enjoy it but I found it just okay.
Melissa Cowan
Ok but not so excited by some of the wording.
Mary
Hmm. I don't think it would do for storytime.
Lindsay
bathtime, wild animals, imagination
Katrina
Cute pictures. Easy read.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »