Start by marking “Cold Turkey (Events Unlimited, #1)” as Want to Read:
Cold Turkey (Events Unlimited, #1)
Preview

Cold Turkey (Events Unlimited #1)

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  121 ratings  ·  23 reviews
When Annike McKinley returns to her Aunt Gerda's home for Thanksgiving she finds the body of Clifford Brody, C.P.A., bleeding all over her aunt's tax receipts. While Sheriff Owen Sarkisian and the crime team track mud through the house, the Service Club of Upper River Gulch Environs (the SCOURGEs) sticks Annike with organizing the town's Thanksgiving weekend activities, wh ...more
Published November 30th 2007 by Ellora's Cave (first published November 16th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Cold Turkey, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cold Turkey

Betty
This is a suggestive romance (love scenes are not graphic) First in Events Unlimited series. When Annike McKinley returns to her Aunt Gerda's home for Thanksgiving she finds the body of Clifford Brody, C.P.A., bleeding all over her aunt's tax receipts. While Sheriff Owen Sarkisian and the crime team track mud through the house, the Service Club of Upper River Gulch Environs (the SCOURGEs) sticks Annike with organizing the town's Thanksgiving weekend activities, which gives her the opportunity to ...more
Lisa Cox
My sister recommended this book, and I'm really glad she did. I got so entertained by the eccentric characters of the small town that I forgot to keep my mind on figuring out "who-dunnit". It is a light-hearted mystery, but that doesn't mean that it's a no-brainer. I usually figure out the culprit in the mysteries I read, and I did not come close on this one. The ending is also very unexpected and caused me to laugh out loud, literally, much to the annoyance of the rest of the household.
Diane
i do enjoy my cozy murder mysteries, and this one was just the ticket! the heroine is a strong woman who finally gets fed up with her boss and job and quits, to come home to her aunt's house, finding a dead body in the study! the hero is the new sheriff--BTW, the heroine is the widow of the old sheriff--a rather laid back guy who does get the job done. free and enjoyable!
Susan
I loved this book. I love light mysteries (aka cozies), but I am picky about them. So many of them are just silly. This one was well written, with good plot twists and great characterization. I got this book as a free Kindle edition, but I bought all the other three books in the series after reading it. Can't wait to read them.
Bridgett
I loved it! Althoug at times it was a bit rambling and long drawn.. the author tried so hard to paint a wonderful picture,that it slowed the story down a bit at times. Sometimes less is more..but I fell in love with the characters! I will definitely read the next one! Better too much good writing, then not enough! :)
Iamsherbear Too
It wasn't until I got more than half-way through the book that my interest finally took hold. I wasn't real interested in all the details regarding a pie eating contest and a raffle. It was well written, just wasn't too exciting.

When I did get interested, it held my interest until the end.
Luckngrace
A cozy mystery with lots of humor. As a mother who has suffered performance anxiety when responsible for preparing those huge Christmas meals, I did suffer right along with Annike as she has a 3-day festival thrust upon her. Solving a murder mystery is by far the least of her problems IMHO.
I think the two stars is maybe a little harsher than I meant, but the fact is that this book was just okay, and it's not really worthy of three. I thought it was overall pretty silly and not that interesting. Not terrible, and a quick fluffy read, but that's about it.
Amy
A quick light murderer mystery with a hint of romance. Throw in a few quirky characters and some humorous and you have a great reaad for a rainy afternoon. I thoroughly enjoyed the book. Will look for others in the series to tuck away for another day.
Dawn ♥ romance
I was a quarter of the way into the story and wondered if it was a romance, not sure who the hero was going to be. I skimmed a couple chapters at the end and still couldn't tell. It seemed like a Nancy Drew book. I did not finish.
Jeanna
Nov 09, 2011 Jeanna rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone - women
Quick easy read - it's based on quirky characters in a small town. I was pleasantly surprised by the free e-book! I found myself actually laughing out loud at times. Great for a weekend to escape into a book!
Emily
A fun, cozy Thanksgiving mystery (okay, yes I'm a little bit late in reading it in May.) I didn't guess the person who did it, either. Thanks Nook, Free Fridays for introducing it to me.
Donna Cone
I really enjoyed this who-done-it quick read. It had a few laugh out loud moments. No gross elements, just a soft murder mystery. All in all a worth while read.
Alissa
This was an entertaining Thanksgiving mystery. I loved the fiesty turkey that took up residence in Annike's Mustang's backseat--too funny.
Kristi
An enjoyable escapist read with a Thanksgiving theme. I enjoyed the bit of romantic attraction thrown in, though it was light.
Kathleen Rota
Liking this, it's amusing and fast paced. Best of all it was a freebie!

Finished and came to love TDB. Good quick read.
Susan F
I got a big kick out of this book and it's main character. Enjoyable read, especially just before Thanksgiving!
Nora Leduc
This was an entertaining cozy. As you can guess by the title, its just what you need for Thanksgiving.
Marilyn
I enjoyed this little mystery with the quirky if not strange characters. Couldn't wait to find who done it.
Mindy
It was ok, but I wasn't attached. Would maybe check out others in the series from the library.
Mary  (Biblophile)
Found myself chuckling throughout this cute little cozy.
Sandra Cox
I'm reading it now. Its a hoot.
Mitzi
Nov 01, 2011 Mitzi marked it as to-read
Free Kindle book 11/1/11. EC book-Blush
Pat Moore
Pat Moore marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2015
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2015
Diana
Diana marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2015
Phyllis
Phyllis marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
mollie howard
mollie howard is currently reading it
Feb 26, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Passion to Die For (Silhouette Romantic Suspense #1579)
  • Christmas in Time
  • Lie Down in Green Pastures (The Psalm 23 Mysteries, #3)
  • If Errands Could Kill (Minivan Mom Mystery, #1)
  • Lyric's Cop (Crime Tells, #1)
  • Logan's Redemption
  • Two Widows and the Thrift Store Murders
  • Lynda's Lace (City Heat, #1)
  • In His Own Defense (Lawyers in Love, #1)
  • Druid's Daughter (Garland of Druids, #1)
  • The Trouble With Green
  • Cool Shade
  • Through Smoke
  • Mama Does Time (A Mace Bauer Mystery #1)
  • Cupcakes, Sales, and Cocktails (Annie Graceland Mystery, #2)
  • A Vision of Sugarplums
  • Too Close for Comfort (Loveswept)
  • Bingo Barge Murder (A Shay O'Hanlon Caper, #1)
Janice Bennett has the eclectic background often encountered in writers. She earned one B.A. degree in anthropology from UC Santa Cruz, another in classical civilizations from UC Irvine, and an M.A. degree in folklore and mythology from UCLA. Over the years, she has worked as a bookkeeper, archaeologist, and college instructor in crafts, jewelry making, needlework and novel writing, and has been a ...more
More about Janice Bennett...

Events Unlimited (4 books)
  • Bunny Hop (Events Unlimited, #2)
  • Black Cats and Boondoggles (Events Unlimited, #3)
  • Hot Dogs (Events Unlimited, #4)
The Candlelight Wish Lords Of The Night Bunny Hop (Events Unlimited, #2) Black Cats and Boondoggles (Events Unlimited, #3) Hot Dogs (Events Unlimited, #4)