Start by marking “My Name is John” as Want to Read:
My Name is John

My Name is John

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  80 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Unknown Binding, 182 pages
Published December 31st 1995 by Covenant Communications (first published January 1995)

To ask other readers questions about My Name is John, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Name is John

Tennis Shoes Among the Nephites by Chris HeimerdingerPillar of Light by Gerald N. LundCharly by Jack WeylandPrincess Academy by Shannon HaleFire of the Covenant by Gerald N. Lund
Best LDS fiction
205th out of 472 books — 421 voters
Pillar of Light by Gerald N. LundFire of the Covenant by Gerald N. LundRumors of War by Dean HughesLike a Fire Burning by Gerald N. LundA Season of Joy by Gerald N. Lund
LDS Fiction
121st out of 138 books — 83 voters

More lists with this book...

Liza Verdon
Interesting idea, but a little far-fetched. Not an awesome read.
Tamsen
One of my favorite books! I like to re read it from time to time. Just read it again. It has some very thought provoking parts. It makes me think of how much love the Savior has for each one of us as John lives by the spirt and teaches others how feel Gods love for them. This is John, one of Christ's 12 apostles who asked to stay on the earth until he returned again. It is fiction but has some very real parts.
Connie
This was a pretty fun read. This was a fictional story about an experience that the apostle John may encounter in his journey on this earth. It was kind of cool to be reminded that he is still on this earth and how we in this day must look to him. How tired he must be of our garbage and yet how he promised to help until the Lord comes again. It was a really cool reminder.
E. Williams
This author was in my ward at one time. This book and the other ones he wrote intrigued me cause they are modern day stories of what John the beloved who wanted to stay on the earth after his death may be doing. they are fictional stories but I loved them.
Marvin
I did enjoy the book although somewhat different. I don't usually read fantasy type books, especially when the main character in the book is a resurrected person from the past. The story was of a positive nature. Very light reading.
Jade Tyler
My name is john is about the deciple john that wanted to stay on the earth til the second coming. It is fiction but really interesting. They are stories about what the author thought John would be doing on the earth.
Mandy Blackburn
I actually knew the author I was friends with his daughter. So I have a personal attachment to this story. Though not extremely well-written there is a good message in the story for anyone who really wants to believe.
Jenny
This book is truly amazing. You can't help but fall in love with John and wonder what it would really be like to have him come into your life...a true apostle of Christ. I recommend that EVERYONE reads this book!!!
Lindie
I loved this book! It made me feel as if the Apostle John who was promised he would roam the earth until the Second Coming of Christ would really be here amongst us.
Greg
LDS fiction, based on the biblical John the Beloved, but brought into modern day. Mildly entertaining, but basically mental cotton candy.
Julie
What would happen if we encountered John the beloved? How would it change our lives if any? This makes you think about that.
Kandis Despain
Kandis Despain marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
Angela
Angela added it
Apr 20, 2015
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2015
Shelli N
Shelli N marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2015
Jayme
Jayme marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2015
Dan Fulgham
Dan Fulgham marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2014
Jacqui Morton maxfield
Jacqui Morton maxfield marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2014