Start by marking “Merry Christmas, Stinky Face” as Want to Read:
Merry Christmas, Stinky Face

Merry Christmas, Stinky Face (Stinky Face)

Stinky Face loves Christmastime, but he still has plenty of questions. What if a big wind blows his Christmas tree away? What if Santa's book falls off while he's flying his sleigh? Only Stinky Face could come up with such crazy Christmas worries!
Published October 1st 2004 by Scholastic (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Merry Christmas, Stinky Face, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Merry Christmas, Stinky Face

Haley Estermyer
Dec 01, 2015 Haley Estermyer rated it it was amazing
I read this book tonight with two of my younger brothers, because our goal is to read a Christmas book every day this month until Christmas, or every day this month! I love these books, the Stinky Face books, and have loved them since I was in elementary school!!!
Dayna
Dec 15, 2009 Dayna rated it liked it
This book gets a solid CUTE. It is not as beloved as the original...but it is a fun seasonal book with familiar characters that we love.
Michelle McBeth
Dec 01, 2015 Michelle McBeth rated it really liked it
SUMMARY: "What if Santa's lips get chapped?" Stinky Face asks. "What if the sack of toys starts to rip?"
As always, Mama lovingly addresses each and every one of her child's concerns. Of course, Stinky Face leaves Santa lip balm and duct tape . . . just in case.

ILLUSTRATIONS: The illustrations are colorful and fun, but not as rich and eye catching for children as the first book. Many of the pages are very busy with unnecessary background junk.

THE GOOD: Stinky Face, as lovingly called by his/her (
Emily Levings
Sep 03, 2016 Emily Levings rated it really liked it
Shelves: ed-t-l-2368
McCourt, L. & Moore, C. (2002). Merry Christmas, Stinky Face. NY: Scholastic, Inc.

I love how this book accurately describes how children act around holidays. I thought it was adorable how the author portrayed a child's imagination around Christmas time. I think this would be a good writing prompt for students ages 8-10. They could be asked to write their own questions using their imagination or come up with a Christmas time story. I did really enjoy reading this book.
Lisa Rathbun
Dec 27, 2013 Lisa Rathbun rated it liked it
Shelves: christmas-books
The original Stinky Face book is my favorite, but this was certainly cute as a child imaginatively worries about silly things that could go wrong and his resourceful mother has fun answers to solve all the problems! (People should read I Love You, Stinky Facefirst!)
Heather
Feb 17, 2015 Heather rated it liked it
Shelves: own, christmas
We've never read any of the Sticky Face books so I'm not sure what we are missing and should probably borrow the original and find out. The story is cute and asks lots of questions... But trust me that's only the tip of the iceberg compared to what my daughter can come up with on a daily basis.
Karen
Dec 14, 2015 Karen rated it really liked it
A cute quick Christmas read. We have 'I Love you Stinky Face" and enjoy that one, so figured we should add the Christmas one to our advent reading. I liked seeing all the things that Santa may need while delivering packages and the imagination in coming up with them.
Andrea
Dec 07, 2014 Andrea rated it liked it
Shelves: kids-own
I got this for the kids at the library book sale. It's cute but not quite as good as the original. Melanie liked it though and we went from the end of the book right back to the beginning to read it again :)
Beth
Mar 22, 2010 Beth rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s, christmas
Because of all of the questions and possible situations, they leave Santa a lot besides cookies and milk.
Aug 14, 2009 Sarah rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids-books
My daughter was given this book as a gift at Christmas time two years ago and begs me to read it daily. It is one of our favourites!
Laura Z
I remember why the twos (occasionally threes) are sometimes difficult...what if...what if...what if... Then the Mama in this story ends with, "Merry Christmas, my Stinky Face." Hmmmmm... 2 stars.
Camie
Nov 25, 2013 Camie rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-grandkids
Nothing compares with the original I Love You Stinky Face, but this one is still cute enough to make Cooper laugh out loud. I did not care so much for the Halloween version though.
Kristina
Kristina rated it really liked it
Dec 23, 2014
Clara-Jo Perkins
Clara-Jo Perkins rated it it was amazing
May 29, 2016
Dana
Dana rated it it was amazing
Apr 21, 2008
Louise Isgro
Louise Isgro rated it it was amazing
Nov 18, 2012
Ruth
Ruth rated it liked it
Aug 09, 2011
Jon and Mandi
Jon and Mandi rated it it was amazing
May 20, 2015
Donita
Donita rated it it was amazing
Mar 06, 2012
Marianne
Marianne rated it liked it
Sep 06, 2015
Rhonda Winkelman
Rhonda Winkelman rated it it was amazing
Sep 27, 2013
Clare
Clare rated it really liked it
Dec 18, 2012
Sharla
Sharla rated it it was amazing
May 13, 2014
WinterberryE
WinterberryE rated it really liked it
May 18, 2013
Janelle Osmann
Janelle Osmann rated it it was amazing
Dec 26, 2015
Joanie
Joanie rated it liked it
Dec 06, 2014
Jayme Payne
Jayme Payne rated it liked it
Jun 07, 2014
Sasha
Sasha rated it really liked it
Dec 10, 2011
Julie (ID)
Julie (ID) rated it really liked it
Sep 25, 2009
  • Johnny Appleseed
  • God Gave Us Christmas
  • Santa Claus the World's Number One Toy Expert
  • George Washington's Breakfast
  • Ruby Bridges Goes To School: My True Story (Scholastic Reader Level 2)
  • Lilly's Big Day
  • Christmas in the Manger Board Book
  • A Christmas Carol: A BabyLit® Colors Primer
  • Five Little Pumpkins (Harper Growing Tree)
  • Nurse, Soldier, Spy: The Story of Sarah Edmonds, a Civil War Hero

• I Love You, Stinky Face
  • I Miss You, Stinky Face
  • It's Time For School, Stinky Face
  • Happy Halloween, Stinky Face
  • Ready For Kindergarten, Stinky Face?
  • It's The 100th Day, Stinky Face!