Start by marking “Gunung Es (Man Of Ice)” as Want to Read:
Gunung Es (Man Of Ice)

Gunung Es (Bighorn, Wyoming #2)

3.88  ·  Rating Details ·  1,174 Ratings  ·  45 Reviews
Sudah lima tahun julukan Gunung Es menempel pada sang peternak tampan dan kaya, Dawson Rutherford.
Kenyataannya sudah selama itulah ia tak bisa berfungsi sebagai lelaki sejati, sejak ia "memaksa" saudara tirinya, Barrie Bess, bercinta dengannya karena suatu kesalahpahaman. Mereka kini sama-sama tak bisa menjalin hubungan dengan lawan jenis karena peristiwa yang traumatis it
Published 2000 by GRAMEDIA PUSTAKA UTAMA (first published May 1996)

Alexis-Morgan Roark
Nov 28, 2011 Alexis-Morgan Roark rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Alexis-Morgan by: alexisroark@sbcglobal.net
So...he had sex but hadn't had an orgasm? Huh? I feel a re-read coming on. I guess he had sex but had never felt "close" to the women or something.

Whatever. I wanna call him TSTL-am quite twitching with the need to do so actually-but, I just can't. This guy was damaged and needed some serious therapy.

He was so mean, cruel even (surprise, DP hero afterall) throughout the book that I really started not even liking him.

Then the big old jerk got himself all drunk and I just melted as he succeeded in
Chantal ❤️
3.5 DON'T LOOK AT ME STARS

This Diana Palmer book is back in the era when women feel into two categories, slut or Virgin. There was no in between here.
The rules are simple: if you are a virgin (this tag must be on your face here I guess) than you are not to be touched unless the man was willing to marry you. However,if you slept with someone even once, than you my friend are a "total slut" and are fair game to all who would want to sleep with you.
Note here: I said HE wants to sleep with YOU. I
Kay
Feb 24, 2012 Kay rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: print
Fiona Marsden
Jul 04, 2014 Fiona Marsden rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This my first Diana Palmer book. I can't believe I never read her before. This has all my crazy feels. Virgins, abstinent men because reasons, tortured hero (see previous comment). This is my idea of a reunion romance. All the hurt and the angst but also all of the love.

Barrie and Dawson are step-siblings. They pretty much combusted when they first met and she was sixteen and he was a few years older. I never quite figured out exactly. She fell in love and he fell in fear. Cos of "reasons" which
Janie
I feel a headache come on everytime I think about Dawson. I think he might be an even bigger d*** than JB Hammock from Heartbreaker! Keep in mind that JB was a JERK, maybe even along the lines of Tate Winthrop from Paper Rose. Diana Palmer wasn't kidding when she titled this book Man of Ice. description

Like all DP books I love, this made me bawl my eyes out for our sweet, virginal heroine.
description

Weird how I still love to reread this book though (at least once a month!), which I first discovered when I was 14 (6 y
Jonel Boyko
Dec 04, 2013 Jonel Boyko rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Palmer returns to the scene and makes us fall in love with Wyoming all over again with this heartbreakingly heart-warming tale. She uses exquisitely vivid descriptions that you can’t help but picture. I can barely express how fully she drew me into this tale. The narrator really enhanced the story with his varying pace, tone, and emotion.

You get to know the main characters of this tale in intimate detail. Their past, present, and futures all make their way into this tale. I felt for these chara
Cenna Lipscomb
I think the male character in this story needed some serious counseling. I can't see any man going 5 years without finding out why he is impotent. Of course he was carrying around some major guilt, as well he should after forcing his step sister to have sex with him and just leaving her the way he did, blaming her for everything. Unfortunately the female mother roles he was exposed to had already warped his perception of women. As for our heroine, what a doormat. How could she possibly be in lov ...more
Aarann
Since I recently did a review of the WTF-tastic "Maggie's Dad" which featured these two main characters as supporting cast, I got a jones to re-read this one. Anyone who is familiar with my reviews knows that I have this weird love-to-hateread thing when it comes to Diana Palmer, particularly the stuff she wrote in the 80s and 90s. Like, I'll be reading it and thinking, "This is truly awful," and yet, I just can't stop myself from coming back to her. I'm pretty sure there's a crack comparison in ...more
Cheesecake
Dawson and Barrie. Wow, that was just about the strangest DP book I've read yet. Down right bizarre!
Dawson learns that Barrie had a miscarriage of their child 5 years earlier. A child he didn't know about, from an evening where he practically raped her. He decides to go to her and come hell of high water, bring her home to stay... at least that is what he says in the prologue.
Dawson and Barrie's father and mother married when Dawson and Barrie were young. It was not a happy marriage, and it's fl
Lelyana
Aug 04, 2011 Lelyana rated it it was ok
Membaca buku ini , seperti naik roller coaster...emosi tokohnya naik turun secara sangat cepat , menandakan orang2 yang tidak stabil secara emosional.

Tokoh utama impoten dan tokoh wanita frigid, kecuali reaksi antara satu sama lain.
Bersaudara tiri akibat perkawinan, Berrie naksir berat sama Dawson (tokoh utama yg so pasti keren abis tampangnya) ,saat liburan di Riviera, mereka had sex, dan Berrie di tinggalkan Dawson, humiliated !
Hamil dan keguguran akibat peristiwa itu, Berrie justru menghilan
DA4Pups
Yes - the H is a jerk and hurts the h - but a huge mass of insecurities from his childhood. Usually DP's heroes can be jerks over things from the past that I want to say - pull up your big-boy pants and grow up. But this H, gotta say Wow - I could kind of see why he is the way he is - events witnessed and experienced formed warped views of women and relationships with them (this is DP and Harlequin, so a little OTT and dramatic - but if you read them, you should know what to expect and judge it ...more
Indah Threez Lestari
tokoh pria: impoten
tokoh wanita: fobia laki-laki
penyebab: percintaan paksa (pemerkosaan, maybe?) yang terjadi lima tahun sebelumnya, yang membuat keduanya trauma berkepanjangan.

tapi tenang saja, pasti sebelum halaman terakhir para tokoh akan menyadari kesalahpahaman masing2 bahwa mereka ternyata saling mencintai, trus penyakit mereka otomatis sembuh, dan mereka pun menikah...

the end dah.

Amanda Sheila
I liked it.

Even though the story's full of push and pull and misunderstanding that somehow very ridiculous, I still loved it. Mostly because the story's very typical of Diana Palmer and I gotten used with its pace. I'm comfortable.

I was expecting more angst from heroine's side but this one's do. Could be a little bit better though. But overall, my favorite. I enjoyed it, I wish there's more from Diana Palmer. Can't wait to read the next book! :)
Emma Debruyne
The guy raped you when you were a teanager. Leaving you so traumatised that you were to afraid to have sex because your virginity was taken by RAPE. You were even pregnant and had a miscarriage and you had to bear that all on your own. Seriously i'm so angry right now. That monster is NOT your prince charming!!!!
Jenny
May 30, 2013 Jenny rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Impotent bipolar hero with mommy issues is in love with his sweet shy stepsister but both afraid of sex and intimacy. There is too much ugly history between them the hero raped the heroine even though she doesn't see it that way, she got pregnant she lost the baby and five years later he is back to make amends.

I wasn't disappointed, it was a good read and I liked it well enough.
Kayla Doucet
Nov 17, 2014 Kayla Doucet rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Not good, nope not good at all. Not what I expected and not anything I want to read again. Began with a fairly interesting story that made me want to continue to read -- then it all went to hell in a hand basket. Terrible characters, terrible development, terrible story line.
Lu Bielefeld *read.laugh.love*
Relido em 28 de julho de 2016.
------------
ogro + step-siblings + rape (Yes, I think it was rape) + miscarriage + doormat + mental abuse +slutty widow + hero with erectile dysfunction + sexual trauma
Jessica
Menyebalkan! Haaaaa.... apa2an ituuu, pake alasan aku tuh benci kamu makanya aku kayak gitu, dan mirip kayak memperkosa kamu. Ya iyalah kamu udah rape dia gitu, masih pake alasan. Paling benci sama cerita rape gini. Ceweknya jg bego, saking cintanya sampe buta gitu. 2x disakiti. Sialan. Masih aja diterima.
Sulis Peri Hutan
Jun 15, 2012 Sulis Peri Hutan rated it liked it
Shelves: pinjem
read more: http://www.kubikelromance.com/2012/06...

Buku ini sebenernya cukup menguras emosi. Di awali dengan 'reuni' antara Dawson dan Barrie yang sejak lima tahun lalu selalu menghindari satu sama lain, sejak peristiwa 'itu'. Dengan berjalannya cerita, mereka berdua mengurai kembali kisah yang seperti benang kusut, kisah yang tidak bisa dienyahkan dalam kehidupan mereka.

Dawson dan Barrie adalah saudara tiri, namun di mata Barrie, Dawson tidak seperti kakaknya, dia sangat memujanya, Dawson tahu
Claire
Jul 17, 2014 Claire rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Sometimes you feel so strongly about a book, simply rating it just won't do.

This is one of those books. I can't describe how much I hated it.

To preface, I know that romance novels aren't the place to go for strong, self-sufficient heroines or sensitive, type B guys. But Man of Ice offended me on multiple levels and I wanted to get it out there for other readers.

First, let's get this out in the open. The hero raped the heroine. You can couch it in "I wanted you so badly I couldn't stop" as much a
Redwyne
3.5 (why can't we give half stars)

Much better than Maggie's Dad and I liked the issues the H had vs all problems being the h and the H saves the day.

Very dated book (hey Diana Palmer!) but she is totally a guilty pleasure. Would have liked more of the book to take place after the wedding. And more time devoted to the H overcoming his sexual hang ups.

And there was issue with timeline...the H whines about how badly his mommy treated him because she was forced to we'd daddy (preggers, u know) but l
sharon a creamer
Man of ice

I am a great fan of Diana Palmer. I fortunately have not found one book of her that do not rate a five star. she keeps you in suspense and interested. they are full of romance and sex makes you wish life was always this romantic. not all books keep me interested. I usually put a book down easily, however with Diana's I hate to put it down. I wish they were cheaper but they are worth waiting to afford them.
shms
The H was seriously twisted, his behavior was enough to give anyone whiplash and it kinda reminded me of friend's psycho husband. DP really pulled it out of the bag and saved this for me. It takes some doing walking that fine line between crazy and sane.

I like how the h seemed really mature about her insight into H's behaviour, none of that flouncy contradictory behaviour we get from h's. Mind you that could be becuase, in this case, the H behaved like that.
RebeccaL
Sep 26, 2014 RebeccaL rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-read
I really like Diana Palmer books. The few I read I mostly rated 4 stars and above. This book would have rated higher if I like the hero better. I don't understand his bitterness and I don't fully understand why the heroine loved him considering he had never ever been kind to her until they meet again. If not for this fact, I enjoyed the storyline and the writing.
Leigh
Feb 01, 2017 Leigh rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I like step-sibling romance but this? Nah! H and h had sex. h got pregnant then miscarried. H and h met again years later. H and h had sex "agaaaain". H and h disagreed. h went away just like before. h got pregnant (and I was like: "again? she must be a catcher and he a shooter"). H knew about it. They talked. Got married. Problem solved! Yehey. Blahhhh
Shirley Alvarez
Apr 25, 2015 Shirley Alvarez rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Man of Ice

I read this book many years ago and was so happy to get it on my kindle. This is one of my favorite love story. Now I have all Diana Palmer books.AND TRUST ME! SHE NEVER WROTE A BAD ONE!
Kaycee ❤️
What a roller coaster ride of emotions! And while I never in a million years would have put up with Dawson's behavior, I felt he was redeemed somehow via his backstory. Overall, it was a heart breakingly sweet and an enjoyable read.
Amel Armeliana
Feb 06, 2013 Amel Armeliana rated it it was ok
A quick read dan tidak begitu terkesan dgn buku ini. Hero nya too bitter dan nyebelin sampe hampir lembar2 terakhir. Cuma karena udah terlanjur dibaca, ya sudah dikelarin. Biasanya walo nyebelin, cowok2 di buku DP masih ok. Tp beneran sebel sama si Dawson ini. Dua bintang cukup.
nurmawati
Dec 02, 2009 nurmawati rated it it was ok
Leyns
Feb 05, 2016 Leyns rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I didn't enjoy this one. He was so cruel, over and over again. He hurt her repeatedly to save his pride. That's not love.
  • An Insatiable Passion
  • Living in Sin (Living In..., #2)
  • The Italian Billionaire's Ruthless Revenge
  • Too Hot to Handle
  • The Millionaire's Secret Wish (Million Dollar Men #3)
  • Bayi Sang Miliarder (The Billionaire And The Baby)
  • Boss Man (The Tycoon Club #2)
  • Return to Santa Flores
  • His to Keep (Beauty and the Brit, #3)
  • Having His Baby - Anak Sang Kekasih (3 Bayi Untuk 3 Saudara Buku 3)
  • Pernikahan Pura-Pura (A Mediterranean Marriage #5)
  • The Russian's Acquisition
  • Still in My Heart (Ryland Brothers, #5)
  • Smokescreen Marriage / Pernikahan Semu
  • Gypsy
  • Public Marriage, Private Secrets
  • The Italian's Token Wife
  • Mansion for My Love

Diana Palmer is a pseudonym for author Susan Kyle.

(1)romance author
Susan Eloise Spaeth was born on 11 December 1946 in Cuthbert, Georgia, USA. She was the eldest daughter of Maggie Eloise Cliatt, a nurse and also journalist, and William Olin Spaeth, a college professor. Her mother was part of the women's libera
More about Diana Palmer...

Bighorn, Wyoming (2 books)
  • Maggie's Dad (Bighorn, Wyoming #1)