Legends (Dragonlance: Legends, #1-3)

Legends (Dragonlance: Legends #1-3 omnibus)

4.26 of 5 stars 4.26  ·  rating details  ·  1,038 ratings  ·  33 reviews
Contains:
"Time of the twins"
"War of the twins"
"Test of the Twins"
Trade Paperback, 905 pages
Published November 1st 1988 by TSR (first published 1986)

Maurinejt
This series has always been my favorite of the Dragonlance books, mostly because I find the character of Raistlin Majere one of the most interesting in all of literature. Is he truly evil or just desperate? Is he really good at the core? These are never answered, and the debate between fans could rage for days. Question moves on to question. Does he love Crysania? What about the relationship between he and his twin brother Caramon? That, you think you have all figured out in Chronicles. The cont...more
Parul
After finishing The Dragonlance Chronicles how could I not immediately hunt down all other books on the most conflicted mage in fantasy literature that I have thus far encountered?

Raistlin Majere is so deliciously teetering on the edge of good and evil, he is so acidic, sarcastic and arrogant, so unconcerned about how everyone else pities poor Caramon for having a bitter and ungreatful twin brother like him when Caramon is so caring and supportive of him, and he gains such joy from making peopl...more
Don
A truly epic tale, I loved reading these. There were great characters, huge battles, twists and turns, and everything else you'd like to see in a fantasy tale, even a little G rated romance.

Most of the other reviews I saw on these books mentioned Raistlin and how powerful he was and how awesome his character. I liked his character, but not nearly as much as seeing the transformation of Caramon from a weak spirited follower who couldn't take responsibility for himself into a strong and confident...more
Tim
Time Of The Twins:

Time Of The Twins is uit... na een FERME leesdip. In het begin raakte ik heel ver, alleen de laatste hoofdstukken bleken blijkbaar nogal taai.

Crysania is toch echt een kalf é, dat ze zich zo makkelijk laat verleiden door Raistlin - nuja, enigszins ook een weerspiegeling van real life, dat sommigen ook snel verleid worden tot verkeerde dingen. En dat ze Loralon niet 'vertrouwt' en niet ermee meegaat, dat ze liever in Istar blijft bij de Kingpriest en Raist. Zegt Loralon: "You d...more
Fairchild Tang
The story was a great book with lots of twist and turns. The conflict between the twins, Raistlin and Caramon, rally heighten the climax and make the story much more interesting. Although the book was a great read, some parts were hard to follow at times mostly because of the complexity of the story line and the amount of text that is thrown at the reader. Despite it, the book could not have been more interesting and a funner book to read. The authors use the characters wisely such as Tas for co...more
Evan Leach
The sequel to the Chronicles trilogy, Legends was not quite as strong but still plenty entertaining. The relationship between Caramon and Raistlin, one of the best elements of the Chronicles books, is front and center. Raistlin aspires to godhood, no matter the consequences, putting him and his brother at odds. Most of the other characters from the original trilogy return, making this a fun follow-up for fans of the first books. 3.5 stars, recommended.
Arvin Lising
Nov 21, 2012 Arvin Lising rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Arvin by: Francis Lim
The sequel to the Heroes' adventures in Krynn, but this time this time-spanning story focuses on the half-lives of the brothers Majere who were reunited by the machinations of dark desires. It is a story where the brothers realize who they are, and how they found their path. It is a story of darkness and betrayal, of love and obsession, of war and triumph, but most of all, of sacrifice and self-giving which lead to redemption and reconciliation.
Ane
I LOVE the Weis-Hickman writing style of the Dragonlance books. I read this first one in this book of three and I just REALLY, REALLY, REALLY missed the whole first group from the original Dragonlance. The twins are fascinating, but just not enough for me to finish out the trilogy without Tanis Halfelven, Tika, The Dwarf, . . . I really wanted to LOVE them, but I guess I just liked them :)
Breanna McKamey
Jan 10, 2008 Breanna McKamey rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who loves fantasy
Shelves: fantasy
This book delves deep into the psychology of good and evil and the subtle differences between each, showing the delicate balance of each. It shows the true power of love - not lust or romance, but true selfless love for another. It shows the value of optimism and innocence (in the form of a Kender), and shows that goodness can exist somewhere even in the darkest of hearts.
Stuart
This second series after Dragonlance Chronicles, which features the beloved mis-matched warrior and mage twins Caramon and Raistin, is not as good as the first series, but gets points for trying to get away from the typical LOTR/D&D themes of its predecessor. Fairly confusing in its time travel aspects, but not quite enough content for a 3-book series.
Yupa
Nonostante l'intento prettamente commerciale e certi persistenti stereotipi giocodiruolistici, ho sempre pensato e penso tuttora che questa trilogia fantasy abbia comunque qualcosa da dire e qualcosa sappia comunque dare.
Ovviamente, anche considerando il livello medio (assai basso) dell'attuale letteratura dello stesso genere...
Thom
Mar 20, 2008 Thom rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone. Sadly you would have had to read the orignal Three in the series to enjoy it completley.
Epic! EPIC!!!!! I mean it. I cant say much without giving to much away. But the twins set out to change the past, present and future. As one pushes the other away the other seeks to folow, even down to the depths of hell. Another great read. Tracey cemented herself as on of my favorite authors with this set.
Christian
A friend introduced the trilogy to me at summer camp and I became instantly hooked. I hadn’t read the preceding trilogy but I didn’t feel lost at all. Raistlin was one of the most fascinating characters I had encountered, the drama and the humor worked well, and the ending was incredible.
Candida Montalvo
Jul 18, 2007 Candida Montalvo rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Adults
Shelves: alreadyread
A great fantasy series. They have written many more but the original Dragonlance series is the best. Highly recommended for fantasy lovers.
David
A beautiful story that focuses on the trials and tribulations of the Majere brothers. Their personalities mirroring the always-present conflict between good and evil. Weis and Hickman continues to bring the world of Dragonlance to life.
mrs. fig
this trilogy is even better than the chronicles. Raistlin is my favorite character, and this series is much deeper than the the chronicles. It's the quest to "save a soul." But whose soul needs to be saved? Read the books.
Kevin Davison
This was the first book I ever read on my own free will and enjoyed. I found out after finishing this book that i enjoyed reading fantasy novels. This is the only Dragonlance book I have completed reading so far.
Patrick
Mar 23, 2010 Patrick is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Seems I may have needed to start with the first set of books. Though this is interesting so far and it has caught me up with a few flashbacks.
Tanya
By far my most favorite of all the Dragonlance series. I love the contrast in Raistlan and how Caremon is the weak one.
Pawel Swiatkowski
Amazing world and set of friends! Group of people who should not be friends bonded to the extreme and fighting tohether.
Jasmyn
Please see individual reviews for detailed information. A fantastic addition to the DragonLance world.
David
Other than the Dragonlance Chronicles series, the only Dragonlance trilogy worth reading.
Richard
Easy and enjoyable. You begin, you finish, then you're like, where did the time go?
J.
Maybe the first high fantasy books I ever read? It had to do something right.
Toshio
Not quite as good as the chronicles trilogy, but still pretty amazing.
Eddie
These provide some great insight into the relationship of the two brothers.
James T
Took my sweet time finishing this re-read. On to something else.
Ihsan Duzgun
Best dragonlance chronicles ever written by weis&hickman. Must read.
Heidi
see my review of the dragonlance chronicles...
Nicholas Augustine-Cox
"it's like friends meets lord of the rings."
  • Dragonlance Adventures
  • The Dark Queen (Dragonlance: Villains, #6)
  • The Covenant of the Forge (Dragonlance: Dwarven Nations, #1)
  • The Qualinesti (Dragonlance: Elven Nations, #3)
  • Atlas of the Dragonlance World (Dragonlance Books)
  • The Medusa Plague (Dragonlance: Defenders of Magic, #2)
  • The Kinslayer Wars (Dragonlance: Elven Nations, #2)
  • Alliances (Dragonlance: Elven Exiles, #2)
  • The Clandestine Circle (Dragonlance: Crossroads, #1)
  • Chosen of the Gods (Dragonlance: Kingpriest, #1)
  • Stormblade (Dragonlance: Heroes, #2)
  • The Thieves' Guild (Dragonlance: Crossroads, #2)
  • Night of Blood (Dragonlance: The Minotaur Wars, #1)
  • Lord Toede (Dragonlance: Villains, #5)
Fantasy novelist who, along with Tracy Hickman, was one of the original creators of the Dragonlance game world. I've written numerous novels and short stories set in the world of Krynn, as well as series in other, original worlds. These include: Darksword, Rose of the Prophet, Star of the Guardians, DeathGate, Dragonvarld, Sovereign Stone, Dragonships, and the Dragon Brigade. I also wrote two para...more
More about Margaret Weis...
Dragons of Autumn Twilight  (Dragonlance: Chronicles, #1) Dragons of Spring Dawning (Dragonlance: Chronicles, #3) Dragons of Winter Night (Dragonlance: Chronicles, #2) Time of the Twins (Dragonlance: Legends, #1) War of the Twins (Dragonlance: Legends, #2)