Start by marking “For A Reason” as Want to Read:

She loved me.
I failed her.
She loves me.
I'll break her.

Tristan Westdyke seems to have it all: he's handsome, athletic, smart, and admired. What people don't see beyond the façade, though, is the pain and guilt eating away at his soul. Blaming himself for the loss of another person, Tristan trudges through life not allowing himself to feel.

But when the beautiful and energe
Published September 3rd 2015 (first published August 26th 2015)

Crystal
Sep 20, 2015 Crystal rated it really liked it
Five years ago Tristan failed someone in the worst possible way. Since then he has been living a colorless life. School, work, hanging with friends, is done to keep busy. He has to keep busy to keep the horrible memories away. Then Katelyn comes barreling into his life. She's beautiful and sweet, bubbly and funny, and definitely way too good for him. He tries to keep his distance but she's hellbent on being his friend, and boy is she persistent. Soon he finds himself giving in, if only to put th ...more
Amy
Sep 10, 2015 Amy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Actual Rating: 4.5 Stars!

For A Reason is an amazing debut novel and will take you on one crazy ride.

For A Reason is intriguing and well written. I absolutely adored Tristan. He’s just trying to make it through life, one day at a time. He blames himself for the loss of his best friend and has a major case of survivor guilt. The last thing he was expecting was Katelyn. Katelyn slowly forced her way into Tristan’s life and made him come alive again. However, everything isn’t as it seems. Katelyn is
Stephanie
Aug 21, 2015 Stephanie rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
This book took me a little by surprise. It started out as a typical love story. However, about two-thirds of the way in, it took some twists and turns. I enjoyed the dual POVs throughout the story. Tristan has a tragedy in his past that causes him to build walls around himself. He then meets Katelyn who gradually starts eroding those walls. They seem to have similar life experiences and certain events occur that bring out Tristan's protective instincts. As the story plays out and Tristan learns ...more
Ashley
Sep 16, 2015 Ashley rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, na
5 AMAZING, WONDERFUL, HONEST, HEARTFELT, AWESOME DEBUT Stars

Wow. What an absolutely fantastic debut novel! Not only did FOR A REASON have a fantastic story line, but it was SO well written, and I was surprised how much I liked that most of the book is told from Tristan’s point of view. I read it in two sittings, and it would have been one sitting if I hadn’t had to go to orientation at school. :)

Andrea
Sep 01, 2015 Andrea rated it it was amazing
I am in.love. Oh Tristan...the level of love I have for this character is off the charts. An amazing debut novel by an author that is sure to leave her mark in the industry.

I don't believe in spoilers but I will say....lies, deceit, manipulation, friendship, commitment and undeniable true love. All the makings for a beautiful story that is more than a romance, it is a harsh look at how lives can forever change with one irrational and selfish decision.

If you love JLA you will love TN Cole. For
Jos
Sep 26, 2015 Jos rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars........GREAT!!!!

LOVED this story, loved this couple Tristan and Kate! Emotional but oh so very, very sexy!!!! Tristan and Kate although a great slow burn build-up, ince they got together, oh my, wow......it was fireworks all the way!!!!!
Mandee Migliaccio
Sep 01, 2015 Mandee Migliaccio rated it it was amazing
Beautiful twisted story. Totally taken by surprise with this book. I loved it!! <3
Lora
Sep 16, 2015 Lora rated it it was amazing
4 out of 5 stars

This book had me on the edge of my seat a lot of the novel because I was concerned for Tristan and what was going to happen to him. I’m sure the the author didn’t intend for this to be a suspense novel, but I felt very much like something was going to happen every time I turned the page.

The story has a very tragic beginning and I think I read it very pessimistically for the longest time. I’m not a pessimist by nature but something just kept making me crazy about Katelyn and Tri
Itsy Bitsy Book Bits
Sep 26, 2015 Itsy Bitsy Book Bits rated it really liked it
• ARC provided for an honest review * 4.5 stars

For a Reason by T.N. Cole is a standalone book. I would highly recommend going into this story “blind” trust me, it will be worth it. I always read at least a few reviews on a book that I am about to read but sometimes I will go into a story “blind” as I did with this one. I am so darn glad that I did not read any reviews beforehand and it was the best move I could have made with this story.

This was a story about love, heartache, heartbreak, forgive
Lustful Literature
Sep 24, 2015 Lustful Literature rated it really liked it
**MEGAN'S 4.25 STAR REVIEW**

This book. My heavens!!

I loved the suspense, the characters, the not so cliché fall, I loved the storyline, and I loved the fact that this wasn’t the overdone boring characters with the same type of storyline I see over and over and OVER.

I’m a thinker. I can’t help it. So the fact that in Chapter one I had my first thought about the plot and then, in Chapter 4, had a new one, I was smiling. I said hmmmm…. I wonder how this will play out. Certain words, looks, and thou
books are love
Sep 27, 2015 books are love rated it really liked it
This has me mixed. This isn’t bad I am just mixed. I love Tristan. I love how he feels everything and takes on burdens. I love that when he loves it is with everything in him. I love that he can be sweet and kind once he allowed himself to let someone in. I love that he has such a forgiving nature. I didn’t like how with all that Katelyn did he forgave so easily. Let me elaborate. She could have destroyed him and he didn’t even get upset. All he did was say that love has him and he can never let ...more
A Hopeless Romantic's Booklandia
I'll admit that I didn't originally set out to read For A Reason, but once I decided to, I was truly excited about reading it! Charmed was my favorite show growing up and it made me a firm believer that everything happens for a reason and that is what drew me to this book the most. And I'm glad for the circumstance that caused me to pick this book up, because I was meant to read it and I really loved it!!

Katelyn is a great heroine! She's one of those happy people who light up a room or person j
Amber Tinsley
Sep 08, 2015 Amber Tinsley rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book in return for leaving an honest review. 4.5 stars.
Let's see if I can explain my 4.5 stars without giving anything away.
First off, I really enjoyed this book. It was a bit slow and repetitive in spots but not enough to take away from the story or cause me to not want to read it. I really liked that at first we have no clue as to what is really going on, you get to form theories on your own until pieces start coming together and then you get to rework what you alread
Donte McNeal
Sep 16, 2015 Donte McNeal rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sinking deeper

First things first, I feel the need to point out that I am not a fan of romance...at least I didn't used to be. B.C. Burgess began to change my mind on romance novels with her amazing series, and now, T.N. Cole, an author I discovered thanks in part to Burgess, has worked to further thaw my icy view on dance novels in general.

I usually review books using the pro vs con format, but with this one I decided to rate it based purely on how much I enjoyed it (I think I'll be doing that
Megan
Sep 02, 2015 Megan rated it really liked it
4.25 Stars- This book was seriously GOOD.

It made me think and keep thinking. The plot was thick and while I THOUGHT I had it, I really had zilch. I love that it got me!!! No spoilers, but it’s one of those that will slap you. I loved the characters and their non-instant relationship. Tristan didn’t even want to be friends. Slowly they got there and as good as they were just being pushed to friends when they gave it a go a whole new level opened for them. They had zing!!!!! They were quirky when
Kim
Sep 10, 2015 Kim rated it it was amazing
For A Reason is definitely a thought provoking and well written book. I loved Tristan and the way about him that made me want him to finally be happy. He’s just trying to make it, day to day. He blames himself for the loss of his best friend and lives with the guilt of that daily. Katelyn slowly began to push her way into Tristan’s life and made him come alive again. With that said, most people have their secrets. But Kate is much more guarded with hers and hopefully lives will not be ruined in ...more
Cheryl
Nov 23, 2015 Cheryl rated it it was amazing
Review of For A Reason by T.N. Cole

Review done for Hooked on Books

4 out of 5 stars

Tristan Westdyke has closed himself of from everyone. He spends all his time at school, work, and the gym. He is not going to let anyone into his heart again.

Hooked On Books
Nov 28, 2015 Hooked On Books rated it really liked it

A car hit Tristan and his best friend Mel and she was killed and he was badly hurt. Tristan blames himself for Mel getting killed even though it wasn’t his fault. He can’t handle losing anyone else in his life so he refuses to let anyone near his heart. Mel seems to haunt him every day not letting him forget what happened.

Tristan’s world is
Maria
Nov 12, 2015 Maria rated it really liked it
At 17 Tristan and his best friend were hit by a car and while he survived the guilt he had from her death has followed him for the last 5 years especially because of the argument that they had right before she died.

He has gotten good at hiding behind a facade and keeping himself so busy that by the time he goes to bed exhausted he won't have any nightmares about the past.

Katelyn gets under his skin in a way no one else before has or at least not since Mel. She has a way of worming her way into
EscapeNBooks
Sep 16, 2015 EscapeNBooks rated it really liked it
Guest Review by Tammy Cole

This book had me hooked from the first page! Romance, suspense, a hot and sexy main character and a strong female lead this book had everything! Tristan has lived through a horrible experience in his life that has made him keep to himself and not let anyone close to him. That is until Katelyn comes into his life.

"She let me hold on to her - like she was my anchor to the world of the sane, my gravity"

Katelyn starts to make Tristan question the way he is living h
FMR Book Grind
Sep 28, 2015 FMR Book Grind rated it it was amazing
ASHLEY'S REVIEW
5 STARS

Watching Katelyn crawl under Tristan’s skin, and affect him on a level that he hadn’t felt in a VERY long time was fun, funny, exciting…and
Heather
Aug 27, 2015 Heather rated it really liked it
For a Reason was a complete surprise. I was flipping pages like crazy and had no idea what was coming.

Tristan is a college student running from a past he can't forget. Guilt, nightmares and his dead best friend keep him isolated from his family and friends.

Enter Katelyn and it seems like Tristan is finally opening up to someone. Katelyn is sweet, fun and insistent she does not let up on Tristan.

This is where the twists and turns start and I can't even elaborate.
I was "oh I know what's going o
A Beautiful Book Blog
Sep 21, 2015 A Beautiful Book Blog rated it really liked it
WOW.. This book was not at all what I was expecting...It was really GOOD!! So many twist and turns. When I thought I had it figured out BAM! Totally blindsided.

Tristan, he was broken-hearted, guilt stricken, and my heart was aching for what happened between him and Mel. The guilt this guy carried with him was so crazy. He was so burdened down. Sometimes his guilt and his anger made him the biggest A-hole!

Then he meets Katelyn, at first I didn't know what to think of her. I knew something was off
Amber Book It Blog
Sep 09, 2015 Amber Book It Blog rated it it was amazing
After losing his life long best friend, Mel, Tristan's been living the last five years trying to forget his past. Everything seems to be going the way he's planned it, existing but not living, until spunky little Katelyn abruptly makes her way into his life and helps him start living again and together they over come their hidden pasts.

This book is cute, sweet and a bit steamy with a big twist of mystery that'll have you squirming to know what happens next. I oved it and I would recommend it to
Allie Book It Blog
Sep 28, 2015 Allie Book It Blog rated it really liked it
Tyler doesn't let anyone close, he is guarded, and lives his life buried under the guilt he has from losing his best friend. Cole, pulls you in and takes you for a ride down an emotional rollercoaster in her debut novel. She makes you feel the characters. I felt the pain form Tyler, he was a broken guy who felt like he didn't deserve any kind of happiness in his life there wasn't anything that could change his mind until Katelyn pushes right past his hard exterior. She's everything that I like t ...more
Raye
Dec 16, 2015 Raye rated it really liked it
This is by far the best guy POV I have ever read. I like the start albeit it was a bit too much for my taste but while reading the story of Tristan, I got to appreciate the whole thing. But during the climax until the ending was bit quick for me. Like it was rushed somehow and there are some scenes that was weird but somehow it was salvaged in the end.

This is a story of a guy battling his demon and a girl who saves him and a vendetta that hunts both. (My one sentence synopsis)

There a lot of quo
Kimothy
Sep 20, 2015 Kimothy rated it really liked it
This is the debut novel by this author and i was a very accomplished debut novel. The story is filled with romance and Tristan and his tragic past, but slowly we see him open up to Katelyn and it is great to see. There was as the story went on a few surprises and twists that i did not see coming at all but they made the story so much more intense and i could not put it down. I will be keeping a keen eye out for this authors next release and i am sorry i cannot tell you anymore but i do not want ...more
Karie Gibson
Riveting heart achingly beautiful

I was totally sucked into this book from the first chapter. I fell in love with Tristan from the beginning. This is a twisted love story like no other. I never expected it turn out the way it did. I was enthralled. Katelyn was exactly what Tristan needed even if he didn't know it. Take a ride on this crazy journey and fall in love and lust. Tristan is hot ladies I mean panty melting Hot! He's also the most romantic m you'll read about. .
Abrianna
Sep 05, 2015 Abrianna rated it it was amazing
Beautifully written. I teared up at the end. This book was beautifully done. I can't wait to see what comes next for this author.
Ligia Hernandez
Sep 03, 2015 Ligia Hernandez rated it really liked it
A very intriguing and lovely book!

I really enjoyed it!!
« previous 1 3 next »
14191224
T.N. Cole spends her time seeking new adventures, determined to make her life a memorable story. A recent graduate with a bachelor in biology, T.N. is headed to graduate school at Texas Tech to pursue her long time dream of becoming a pharmacist. When she's not reading, writing, or studying, you'll find her trying to stay out of trouble or planning her ultimate dream of traveling the world.
More about T.N. Cole...