Start by marking “A Rhapsody of Dreams” as Want to Read:
A Rhapsody of Dreams

A Rhapsody of Dreams

WHAT HAPPENS WHEN DREAMS & REALITY UNITE?

Tyler is thirty-something and disillusioned with life. Hanging onto a magnificent balloon far above his London office, he sees countless other daydreamers. Immediately abandoning his stale reality, Tyler begins a search for answers about life, death and his part in it all, and on discovering a world seemingly void of magic is le
Published January 13th 2016 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (first published March 3rd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about A Rhapsody of Dreams, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Rhapsody of Dreams

Sónia Tigol
Jun 18, 2013 Sónia Tigol rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book. I thought it was well written. And I loved the idea of eternal love and magic described by the author. I loved the characters Tyler and Molly, but mainly Evelyn. I liked the way the writer described the uncertainties that are part of human nature through dreams. I highly recommend this book.
Josie Alexander
Sep 10, 2016 Josie Alexander rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’ve just finished reading this book after an all-night session due to mild insomnia, and the only pit stops were to go to the toilet and then go to the kitchen to make more coffee that induced more visits to the toilet. I downloaded this book last night at 10, and didn't put it down until 4.30 am. I am beyond enchanted with this novel. This is such an ideal insomniac friend. I was hooked from the start. It drew me in and I found the literary aspect of it was convincingly merged with so many ...more
John
Dec 11, 2014 John rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A far better read than I expected. I really liked the characters, warts and all. I was also pleasantly surprised by the magical elements and the whole follow your dream aspect. The world isn't perfect. This story reflects that in people’s life choices, regrets, dreams and finding out who we are and the hope of connecting with another or others. It was a fun read with a flying steamship, ghosts and Bagel the dog all an added bonus. Well worth the read.
Kristy
Jun 16, 2013 Kristy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I really loved this book! This story is about eternal love and magic and it's not cheesy or over the top and I could not put it down, which, honestly surprised me. I highly recommend this book to those who like love stories or tales of magic. I think I have found a new favorite author, and I will definitely be reading more of her books.
Lauren Scharhag
Jun 16, 2013 Lauren Scharhag rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I really wish I could find something good to say about this book. I hate leaving negative reviews because I know how much time and effort goes into writing, but basically, nothing about this book worked for me. It has a plodding, meandering plot. The pacing was uneven, the prose uninspired—why did we spend time reading Tyler describe a hornet crawling on his foot? What was with all the wind imagery? I assume Egonu was trying to convey something about circumstance, but it, like much of this book, ...more
C.S. Houghton
A Rhapsody of Dreams follows the frustrated musings of two kindred spirits, Tyler and Molly. The chapters more or less alternate between the two storylines while the reader observes the universe stitching the seemingly disconnected tales together. While it's a passive construct, I do like the way the two narratives collide. Unfortunately, I regret that I cannot recommend this novel.

I believe that the author banked heavily on the power of their descriptive prose to the carry the story. Egonu want
Michael Gallagher
Jun 20, 2013 Michael Gallagher rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tyler quits his mundane job and embarks on an almost decade-long journey to find himself; Evelyn, the elderly owner of a mysterious Georgian house, meets Molly, a happily-divorced mother-of-one, and confides in her about her one true love. As magic begins to weave its spell, the dreams of all three characters become entwined.

From Tami Egonu’s description of this book, I somehow imagined it would be a YA novel. It’s not. Some of the content is definitely adult. Nor is it quite magic realism, thou
Toni Okunola
Aug 27, 2016 Toni Okunola rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My friend recommended this book and did not tell me too much about it. I'm happy to have found out as it is about the uncertainties we all experience and making the wrong choices. There is magic and questions of life that I often ask and more there is the hope of find love. No matter ho many times burned, I still believe in love. We find our own answers and pray for a soul mate to share our life. There is hope.
Christine
Aug 27, 2016 Christine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I wasn’t expecting this. A simple story told in an unusual and entrancingly vivid way. This is a very sweet modern tale that surprised me with its dreamlike quality and likeable characters. It made me forget about the mundane for a few hours and keeps me believing in eternal love. I highly recommend this book.
Kimberly Torres
Jul 19, 2016 Kimberly Torres rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite
Wow! I’ve just discovered another favourite author. I decided to give this author a chance and let me tell you I'm exceedingly happy I did! After reading it, I felt a honey glow. Love is in the air!
Enrico Antiporda
Rhapsody of Dreams follows the story of Tyler and Molly, two disenchanted individuals in search of the meaning of life. Tyler, jaded from the daily grind, suddenly quits his job and embarks on a journey around the world in search of identity. For over three years, he travels the continents, collecting memorable experiences, acquiring new insights, but never really satisfying his psychological needs or questions about life.

Single mother, Molly, disillusioned with life and a bad martial experience
Eldarwen
Jan 02, 2015 Eldarwen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2013
I was given this book by the author in exchange for an honest review.

This book was quite an intriguing and interesting read. It is about a handful of people who see the world differently from practically everyone around them and the way they (try to) deal with it, and I quite like the take the author took on this matter, especially since so many people these days actually do not see any kind of magic in their day-to-day life anymore.

The writing flows quite nicely except for a few hiccups here an
Andrea
Sep 24, 2013 Andrea rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Quite a disappointing read.
I had high hopes after being intrigued by the reviews on Amazon and the cover art which were unfortunately dashed once I started reading.
The characters were wooden and somewhat annoying - they were supposed to see the world in a different way but I felt that the writer didn't really demonstrate this in a well-drawn convincing manner and the magic didn't really feel at all genuine either.
I suppose what I'm saying is that for this type of story to work you have to get
Francesca-Mae Randell
I was given this book by the author in exchange for an honest review.

Rating: 3.5 stars.

Rhapsody of Dreams follows the story of Tyler and Molly, both who want to search for the true meaning of life. Tyler quit

I found it a very interesting read, the words flow from page to page and once I got over the wobbly start I very much enjoyed it. There was a few odd phrasings at time, but they smoothed out as Egonu went on.

It was rather relaxing too, the magical quality of the book is almost dream like. I
Beth
I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

This was kind of a strange book. I thoroughly enjoyed chapter one, but it just didn't click with me from there on. Most of the book was written like realistic fiction, but then there were these fantastical dream-reality...things that were abruptly put in making the story seem kind of choppy. It was also confusing that the chapters alternated between characters. It wasn't a consistent alteration, so you had to pay attention to
Meagan
Jun 24, 2013 Meagan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
An interesting read to say the least. There were minor flaws but good. (I actually give this 3.75 stars)
Misty57
Misty57 rated it it was amazing
Nov 03, 2013
Ml Menon
Ml Menon rated it liked it
Jan 20, 2015
Shontell
Shontell rated it it was amazing
Feb 11, 2015
Spikeyreddwarf
Spikeyreddwarf rated it it was amazing
Jun 08, 2014
Ayeza
Ayeza rated it it was amazing
Jul 26, 2013
July Butler
July Butler rated it really liked it
Nov 07, 2015
Kate
Kate rated it really liked it
Oct 29, 2016
Scott Roberts
Scott Roberts rated it it was amazing
Dec 27, 2014
Carey Ueland
Carey Ueland marked it as to-read
May 14, 2013
Josèphe-Anne
Josèphe-Anne marked it as to-read
May 17, 2013
Sofia
Sofia added it
May 23, 2013
Theresea Wasson
Theresea Wasson marked it as to-read
May 24, 2013
Michelle
Michelle is currently reading it
May 25, 2013
Jodi Woody
Jodi Woody marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2013
Melissa Cushing
Melissa Cushing marked it as to-read
Ankita
Ankita marked it as to-read
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Fabiola
Fabiola marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2013
Nicholas Muthaara
Nicholas Muthaara marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2013
Heidi Marie
Heidi Marie marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2013
Pracheta
Pracheta marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2013
Neverdust
Neverdust marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2013
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2013
Isabel
Isabel marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2013
Shayna Varadeaux
Shayna Varadeaux marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2013
Jennifer Heyser
Jennifer Heyser marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2013
Krista
Krista marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2013
Dee Capybara
Dee Capybara marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2013
Benjamin Thornton
Benjamin Thornton marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2013
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2013
Odhumanity
Odhumanity marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2013
Katia Pahua
Katia Pahua marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2013
Brenda Knight
Brenda Knight marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2013
I’m an indie author who writes tales of reality with colourful strokes of the supernatural. Originally from London, I now live in the NE of England. I don’t have any pets, though my neighbourhood has a lot of happy yappy dogs, lively owls and bats that delight during summer evenings.

Interviewed on BBC Radio and in The Northern Echo newspaper, I’m also very excited to be using exclusive original d
More about Tami Egonu...

“It’s amazing how long we put up with things we detest for the sake of a quiet life.” 10 likes
“The stars and planets don’t disappear just because it’s daytime.” 9 likes