The Vampire's Promise (Point)

The Vampire's Promise (Vampire's Promise #3)

3.32 of 5 stars 3.32  ·  rating details  ·  222 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Six teens spending the night in a haunted house must make a chilling choice in order to gain their freedom from the vampire imprisoning them--choose the one among them who will be the vampire's next victim.
Published February 1st 1993 by Scholastic (first published January 1st 1993)

To ask other readers questions about The Vampire's Promise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Vampire's Promise

Brigitte
This book is about six teenagers who decide to have some fun and sneak into an abandoned house. Little do they know that it is not completely abandoned.When they go into the house the discover a vampire who just woke up from his sleep. This sick vampire decides that he will let the six teenagers choose who the he will eat. The teens obviously don't want to choose, so they spend the night trying to figure a way out. The in tire book is the teens trying different ways to escape.
In this book I h...more
PurplyCookie
Randy knows all his friends just hang out with him because he's got a big house and the latest gadgets. In an attempt for them to like him for who he is, he tries to impress them by thinking up a plan to stay overnight at the "Mall House", a creepy abandoned mansion with a circular tower.

And so begins the story, with six teenagers locked inside a tower with a starving vampire. He makes them a promise: if the kids choose one of their own to stay and be the victim, the others may leave unscathed....more
Viktoria Jean
Oct 28, 2007 Viktoria Jean rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: HOT BLOODED SLAYERS
They just wanted to have some fun. Randy, the initator of the whole stay-over at The Mall House thing, did not foresee the danger that lurked in their home for the night, which was actually nothing but a vampire's nest. The 6 of them: Lacey, Randy, Sherree, Zach, Roxanne, and Bobby, each lead different lives, and they come together on this single night just to find out how selfish individuals are. The air-headed Sherree, a pretty blonde cheerleader, nominated Lacey when asked, forced, and then f...more
Stacie
I've been revisiting some books from my youth and after reading The Cheerleader decided to read the next two books in The Vampires Promise series. This was by far the worst, I didn't even bother finishing it.
Patrick Ellard
This third and final entry in Caroline B. Cooney's vampire trilogy is without doubt the best of the three. Gone is high school setting and teenage girl wishes of the first two and it's replaced by a much darker story where the vampire traps 6 teens inside the Mall house and froces them to choose of then to die. The characters are much better, the story much darker and more interesting and the vampire more menacing which all adds up to a cracking last entry in the series.
Patricia
this was my absolute favorite one of all three. there were so many different characters and story lines that were completely seperate from the other. they didn't come together till the very end of the book and i just thought it was really great.
Kim
It was better then the first 2 simply because it had a different plot... beyond that it was the same long drawn out scenes in which nothing actually happens. I'm glad that mansion has burned down and I can move on to something worthwhile.
Rhonda Helton
I did not like this book. I felt lost most of the time, it bounced around too much!
The ending story was the best in my opinion. I couldn`t get into reading this book and finally made myself and what a waste!
Victoria
Mar 19, 2009 Victoria rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Renee Lewis, Kelly Bustos, Amanda Twitchell, Brittany Barnes
Recommended to Victoria by: me
This book is probably my favorite out of the three series. Oh, i loved it! It was so amazing, that i couldn't put it down.
hunger games and K POP LAVA!!!!
i diddnt like it. it went sooo slow and i diddnt finnish it because it was boring
Ashley
What a creepy vampire book. Perfect for Halloween.
Samantha Williams
Samantha Williams marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2014
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Riley Barnitz
Riley Barnitz marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Kemy
Kemy marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2014
Rs
Rs added it
Jul 01, 2014
Sydney Robinson
Sydney Robinson marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2014
Stacey Lee
Stacey Lee marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
  • Funhouse (Point Horror, #9)
  • The Girlfriend (Point Horror, #19)
  • The Mall
  • The Stalker
  • My Secret Admirer (Point Horror, #4)
  • Thirteen Tales of Horror (Point Horror 13's)
  • Dream Date
  • Secrets (Undercover Girl, #1)
Caroline Cooney knew in sixth grade that she wanted to be a writer when "the best teacher I ever had in my life" made writing her main focus. "He used to rip off covers from The New Yorker and pass them around and make us write a short story on whichever cover we got. I started writing then and never stopped!"
When her children were young, Caroline started writing books for young people -- with rem...more
More about Caroline B. Cooney...
The Face on the Milk Carton (Janie Johnson, #1) Whatever Happened to Janie? (Janie Johnson, #2) The Voice on the Radio (Janie Johnson, #3) What Janie Found (Janie Johnson, #4) Code Orange

“But sometimes, in tight corners, when your back is against the wall and the world is against you, you have to fight back in unexpected ways.” 8 likes