Start by marking “Temptation - Godaan ” as Want to Read:
Temptation - Godaan

Temptation - Godaan

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  2,031 ratings  ·  66 reviews
Chase Elliot sangat marah ketika menemukan seorang gadis dari perkemahan tetangga memasuki wilayah perkebunan apelnya tanpa izin. Tapi ketika mengetahui gadis itu adalah Eden Carlbough, anggota keluarga terpandang dari Philadelphia yang jatuh miskin, hatinya tersentuh.

Lambat laun Chase menyadari dirinya jatuh hati pada Eden, namun sikap gadis itu sungguh membingungkan. Sat
Published 2006 by PT. Gramedia Pustaka Utama (first published 1987)

To ask other readers questions about Temptation - Godaan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Temptation - Godaan

Emily-Jane Orford
Well, it was a little better than the last Nora Roberts that I read. At least the main female character was stronger and almost convincingly determined to make it on her own. She blew at the end though and gave in. Typical plot, formula writing again. And, some inconsistencies that made it confusing to read. For example, the camp was in the west, according to the story. That's all that it said. The reader is left unsure whether it's just west of Philadelphia where the main character came from, o ...more
Lyn Richards
I listened to the audio version of this book on the commute to/from work. A decent light romantic read. A little predictable but nonetheless good light hearted entertainment read. would be great to add to your pile of holiday reads over a summer break.
Urszula
Apparently I have read this book before... Unlikely for me, I did not remember anything about it. Now I know why...

The story line was very simple. A spoiled, rich girl looses everything after her father dies. To make her living she runs with her friend a summer camp for little rich girls. The camp runs for the whole summer - weeks and weeks looking after the same girls (?) At this point I didn't think much of their parents. A two week summer camp is great, but one that lasts 2-3 months! a little
Carol Strickland
First, I got this book free, as part of a goodie bag. I know that this is a very early Nora novel. As it is, I LOVE some of Nora's books, but the majority leave me shrugging or worse. (Though I do love the way she can describe things.) (I don't like the repetition, where new names and locales are substituted in new books with old plots.)

This one has a extremely simple plot that concerns a young, spoiled rich woman who'd lost all her money, blah blah blah and was now helping to run an early-teen
Tiffanie
Eden has invested all she has left into running a girl's summer camp with her best friend. Her father suffered a heart attack that took his life all to soon. When he passed he had made some bad investments and Eden had to sell just about everything to pay off the debts she incurred.
While running this girl's summer camp there is one girl who likes to push limits and boundaries. The camp was allowed to use the lake that is owned by Elliot's apples. Chase Elliot the owner, his land is next to the
Gretchen
If I had to sum up this book in one word it would be...YAWN!! I was so bored I stopped reading at one point but recently decided to finish it because I paid for it. This book really had a tough time keeping my attention. This was the first Nora Roberts book I've read but I will give another one of her books a chance. Any recommendations?
Anna-Lisa
Aug 23, 2010 Anna-Lisa rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Anna-Lisa by: lovelylilain@yahoo.de
Shelves: romance
This was an absolutly cute and romantic story! Just the right thing for an hopelessly romantic person like me. I totally enjoyed it and it was a very fast and cute read. :)
Duncan Mandel
A story of unexpected passion from #1 New York Times bestselling author Nora Roberts. Available digitally for the first time. Socialite Eden Carlborough didn’t expect running a girl’s camp to be easy, but she never thought the little monsters would literally run her up an apple tree. Eden is equally surprised when she finds herself falling into the capable arms of orchard owner Chase Elliot. And while her handsome neighbor’s overbearing ways are highly irritating, Chase’s touch ignites feelings ...more
Barb
Socialite Eden Carlbough didn't expect running a girls' camp to be easy, but she never thought she'd literally be run up an apple tree by the little monsters...nor did she think she'd come crashing down into the capable arms of orchard owner Chase Elliot. Chase knew he'd caught a windfall when he looked at the woman in his arms. He didn't like being cast as the serpent, but how could he resist when she'd just offered him such forbidden fruit?

I loved Eden. She had my heart and my support right fr
Alexis-Morgan Roark
Jun 19, 2011 Alexis-Morgan Roark rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Alexis-Morgan by: alexisroark@sbcglobal.net
Another audiobook from the library! I'm travelling today; so, this is just what the doctor ordered.

The whole apple/temptation thing is cool. What's not cool: the wishy-washy attitude/feelings of the heroine. Her, IMO, over-the-top response to Chase's possessiveness-which she was enjoying/denying earlier when he kissed her.

Jeez, I started getting frustrated for the hero! I think it's typical for the genre, for the time, but it makes for a most unlikable hero.

Words/phrases this book made me dislik
Kathrin
Natürlich wissen wir alle wie Liebesromane enden. Die meisten sind von ihrem Aufbau her auch einfach immer gleich. Jeder weiß, dass die Hauptfiguren für einander bestimmt sind. Nur die Hauptfiguren selbst wissen es nicht und müssen es im Laufe des Buches/der Geschichte lernen.
„Versuchung pur“ ist hier keine Ausnahme. Aber Eden hat es mir wirklich leicht gemacht sie zu mögen. Ich konnte mich sehr gut in sie hinein versetzen, weil ihre Ausgangssituation nicht so anders ist wie meine. Ihr Vater ist
Gramedia Pustaka Utama
Bagi Eden bangun pagi adalah siksaan, tetapi karena dia dan Candy memutuskan untuk mengelola sebuah perkemahan musim untuk para gadis, dengan berat hati dia harus bangun setiap pagi. Bagi orang yang dulu mengenal Eden, hal ini mungkin mengejutkan. Tetapi tidak lebih terkejut bila mereka mengetahui bahwa Eden yang dulunya lebih mengetahui tata cara menyelenggarakan pesta, memutuskan untuk mencairkan assets keluarganya, termasuk rumah yg sudah dimiliki keluarganya selama beberapa generasi untuk me ...more
Darlene
This was a good book-easy read, sort of predictable though. I have read Nora Roberts books before and enjoyed them and have several more to read of hers. I did like the fact that a young woman, Eden, who grew up having it all and then in one moment, she lost everything, had to give up the life she knew and start a new life-deciding what she wanted to do, making choices she never thought she would have to make. Then enters Chase, the handsome guy that owns the property next to the camp she and he ...more
Kari
Temptation is one of the reasons I love to read the older romances by my favorite authors. It oozes with cheese, but that is what makes it so good. Yes, the clothing and technology is outdated, but the general story isn't. Actually, Temptation is one of Nora's milder romances. There is really no sex in it, just hot kissing scenes. It was kind of refreshing that they didn't hop into bed after the first meeting.

Eden is a socialite thrown into making her own way in the world and I admired her dete
Putri Septiana
A light reading when you need a sweet romance. Just average in all. I like how the heroine deal with her circumstances even if she's a little bit wishy washy. And I think the hero should, I don't know, do more with his chase toward the heroine. Nothing much to remember this book. I fact, I already forget the heroine's name in a matter of week :D So, it's not in my reread list.
Fran
I listened to the Audio book, it was a simple story with good characters. Far too predictable, but Nora has a way of describing scenery like no one else. Her descriptions of the landscape are so luscious, you feel like you're there <3
Abby Welker
Packing up my house, I needed a quick, easy story to listen to and this one was only $5 on iTunes. I don't think I've ever read a Nora Roberts book before--not a fan of her genre. I have to admit, though, that I liked the story and the beautiful imagery of the summer camp next to the apple orchard and a lake. The love story was terribly cheesy, but it made the book what it is--a cheesy romance. My expectations were low and I could enjoy other aspects of the story, rather than mentally criticize ...more
Todd Gardenier
Good read

First nora roberts book I read without steamy love seen and I still loved it. Ended without knowing the outcome but knowing it was good.
Riona
This was a typical Cookie-Cutter Nora Book.

I think this might have been an earlier book. I liked the fact that the title, main character and setting all play into the story of Adam and Eve. Temptation, Apple Orchard, main character named Eden.

Eden wasn't used to wanting for anything - so after the untimely death of her father, she decides to throw everything into a summer camp for girls. Along with one of her best friends - she works day in and day out to make sure they stay a float. What Eden
Angela
I liked this book, it was a nice short read. The only thing was I had trouble with falling in love with the character's love story. If that makes sense. It might be because I listened to it on audio book, which I always find makes me more detached with the characters. I would've liked to read/hear more interaction between Chase and Eden to see how they fell in love, I can't imagine falling in love after only a handful of conversations. He really didn't pursue her until the end of the summer.
Susan
Romance books are not my normal preference, so when I chose one to read, I went with an author I know, Nora Roberts. All in all, it was what I expected -- simple plot, nothing very interesting happens, but in the end, the heroine gets the hero and they're ready to live happily ever after. (I think, in this type of book, that's not really a spoiler). Fine for what it is, but just not what I normally choose to read. I'll be heading back to Roberts' Eve Dallas books instead.
Jack Coleman
Mar 19, 2011 Jack Coleman added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jack by: gifted
I will not give this book any rating at all. It is pure crap!
Anti femminist bilge.The Steven King of slush.
I aquired this book a door prize at the local library.It was St.Patricks day and if the book you loaned
had a leprechan inside you won a free library bag full of books.Fortunately they weren't all bad as this one.
Out of five books two were Nora Roberts.The second Birthright was much better..
Maria
A re-read, this book provides a heroine who is learning to stand on her own, having been previously pampered and separated from reality by a rich father. I thoroughly enjoyed watching Eden learn to stand on her own two feet and take pride in her accomplishments and particularly not take the easy way out when she met Chase. I also really like the "Eden and the apple orchard" theme. It was fun.
Olivia Tan
whoaaaa.... buku dibeli dagh lama, dinganggurin di pojokan lemari.. pas baca langsung pall in lup ama Chase Elliot... duhh sirik ama Eden, disayang banget ama chase... kekekkee...
satu scene yang paling aku suka pas Eden ama Chase ketemu di dekat danau, terus si Chase ngajak jalan malam2 gitu, sambil tiduran di rumput n mandangin rasi bintang..

olaaalaaa, so sweet banget...
Yessyamarilis
Ceritanya si khas harlequin gitu deh, sweet, simple, romantis. Suka ma karakter heroinenya yg g segan dan g malu buat kerja keras scr tadinya dia yg kaya raya gt.jadi inget ma justine montgomerey (lupa dr hq mana LOL)

btw chase...hmmm, malem2 liat langit sambil nyari rasi bintang..kinda reminds me that navy guy, weks..makanya 4 bintang aj :p
Debbie
Romance: Very light enjoyable reading. Rich 20 something loses family money through no fault of her own. Needs to learn to run her own life instead of just following what is expected. Cat & mouse romance with mostly very like able characters. Quick read and was a great afternoon with tea/coffee cuddled in an afghan read.
Ren
Lupa ceritanya, wkwkwkwkwk.
Makanya cuma dirating tiga, nanti kalau ingat baru nambah. Atau ngurangin :P

Dari tadi browsing buku-bukunya tante Nora, jadi kangen mau baca buku dia lagi. Sayang koleksian ada di Malang semua :(. Mana buku sekennya sama semua judulnya, yang aku cari ga ada T.T

#curhatneh #bukanreview #abaikan :))
A
Absolutely loved, another wonderful Nora Roberts story. I feel in love with all the characters and was sucked into their world. There were parts that did make me tear up, which I am always a fan of when a writer can do that. The characters were all strong and didn't lose who they were just because they fell in love.
Kim
It was predictable yet entertaining, which is a standard romance novel. This doesn't really stand out against others Roberts has written. I listened to this as an audiobook, which was a different experience. Overall, meh, there's better, but it makes for a great train trip book.
Cheryl Smith
  • Rage of Passion
  • Trilby
  • Land of Dreams
  • A Happy Meeting (The Best of Betty Neels)
  • Pernikahan Pura-Pura (A Mediterranean Marriage #5)
  • Sheikh's Convenient Bride (O'Connells, #4)
  • The One-Night Wife (O'Connells, #5)
  • Her Royal Husband / Suamiku Sang Pangeran
  • Prime Time
  • The Ramirez Bride (The Ramirez Brides #1)
  • Pertunangan Tak Disengaja / An Accidental Engagement
  • Anak Rahasia (His Secret Child) - 3 Bayi Untuk 3 Saudara Book 1
  • Sarah's Child (Spencer-Nyle Co, #1)
  • The Wedding-Night Affair / Selingkuh Di Malam Pengantin
  • Amber by Night (Silhouette Desire #1495)
  • Love's Legacy
  • The Devil's Own (Hellraisers, #2)
  • Pernikahan Terlarang (The Forbidden Marriage)
aka
Jill March
J.D. Robb
Sarah Hardesty

Eleanor Marie Robertson was born on October 10, 1950 in Silver Spring, Maryland, USA. She was the youngest of five children, also the only girl, of a marriage with Irish ancestors. Her family were avid readers, so books were always important in her life. She attended a Catholic school and credits the nuns with instilling in her a sense of discipline. During her
More about Nora Roberts...