Start by marking “Temptation - Godaan ” as Want to Read:
Temptation - Godaan

Temptation - Godaan

3.71  ·  Rating Details ·  2,603 Ratings  ·  90 Reviews
Chase Elliot sangat marah ketika menemukan seorang gadis dari perkemahan tetangga memasuki wilayah perkebunan apelnya tanpa izin. Tapi ketika mengetahui gadis itu adalah Eden Carlbough, anggota keluarga terpandang dari Philadelphia yang jatuh miskin, hatinya tersentuh.

Lambat laun Chase menyadari dirinya jatuh hati pada Eden, namun sikap gadis itu sungguh membingungkan. Sat
Published 2006 by PT. Gramedia Pustaka Utama (first published 1987)

To ask other readers questions about Temptation - Godaan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Temptation - Godaan

Elizabeth
Jan 20, 2015 Elizabeth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
2015 TBR Challenge: We Love Short Shorts!

Genre: Categorical Romance
Heat Level: Just kisses
Why is it on my TBR bookcase? There is always at least one Nora Roberts that needs to be read.
Final Grade: A-

It shocked the hell out of me how much I enjoyed this 1987 Silhouette reprint. I don't know what line it was originally published in but it felt like a Silhouette Special Edition, mostly because our heroine, Eden, is the co-owner of a summer camp for girls and our hero, Chase, runs his family's apple
Aayesha Khatri

I read this book a very long time ago, and I vividly remember how very much I loved it, and how special this was to me.

I am not sure that if I reread this book now, I would like it as much as I did. And tbh, I don't want to. I like having fond memories of this book and cherishing them. I don't know why I enjoyed it so much, but it touched my heart. Probably because it was a very new and unique story line.

So this review is being written purely from the happy memories it left behind.

I lov
Gretchen
Jan 03, 2013 Gretchen rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
If I had to sum up this book in one word it would be...YAWN!! I was so bored I stopped reading at one point but recently decided to finish it because I paid for it. This book really had a tough time keeping my attention. This was the first Nora Roberts book I've read but I will give another one of her books a chance. Any recommendations?
Kelsey
eerste boek van Nora, en ik denk ook de laatste. Vond het hele idee van en zomerkamp heel erg leuk, maar het boek viel enorm tegen...
Tiffanie
Jan 22, 2014 Tiffanie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Eden has invested all she has left into running a girl's summer camp with her best friend. Her father suffered a heart attack that took his life all to soon. When he passed he had made some bad investments and Eden had to sell just about everything to pay off the debts she incurred.
While running this girl's summer camp there is one girl who likes to push limits and boundaries. The camp was allowed to use the lake that is owned by Elliot's apples. Chase Elliot the owner, his land is next to the
Emily-Jane Orford
Jun 24, 2012 Emily-Jane Orford rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Well, it was a little better than the last Nora Roberts that I read. At least the main female character was stronger and almost convincingly determined to make it on her own. She blew at the end though and gave in. Typical plot, formula writing again. And, some inconsistencies that made it confusing to read. For example, the camp was in the west, according to the story. That's all that it said. The reader is left unsure whether it's just west of Philadelphia where the main character came from, o ...more
Urszula
Jan 24, 2015 Urszula rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, audio-book
Apparently I have read this book before... Unlikely for me, I did not remember anything about it. Now I know why...

The story line was very simple. A spoiled, rich girl looses everything after her father dies. To make her living she runs with her friend a summer camp for little rich girls. The camp runs for the whole summer - weeks and weeks looking after the same girls (?) At this point I didn't think much of their parents. A two week summer camp is great, but one that lasts 2-3 months! a little
Sonia Cristina
Vá, são 3,5 estrelas porque achei o romance muito fofo. Gostei muito das conversas de Chase e Eden, ele então tem jeito para as palavras e dizia cada coisa mais querida.

As cenas com as miúdas do acampamento também foram muito engraçadas, proporcionando uma leitura rápida e bem disposta. É um romance sem nada de especial, sim, mas que me deu prazer por umas horas.
Lyn Richards
I listened to the audio version of this book on the commute to/from work. A decent light romantic read. A little predictable but nonetheless good light hearted entertainment read. would be great to add to your pile of holiday reads over a summer break.
Anna-Lisa
Aug 23, 2010 Anna-Lisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Anna-Lisa by: lovelylilain@yahoo.de
Shelves: romance
This was an absolutly cute and romantic story! Just the right thing for an hopelessly romantic person like me. I totally enjoyed it and it was a very fast and cute read. :)
Caro
Oct 07, 2015 Caro rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nora-roberts
I find it hilarious that I'd rated this book four stars originally. Guess my sixteen year old self and I don't see eye to eye.
Mojca
Eden Carlbough's father died and her world came down around her. Then her fiancé dumped her, because her father's uncovered debts caused a scandal...She's broke, she's homeless, but she won't be broken. Then she meets Chase Elliott, owner of the orchards neighboring on the land she and her friend have established a summer camp for girls...And nothing will ever be the same.

Cute and sweet, with a great hero, and wonderful supporting cast, but unfortunately the heroine ruined it for me. Annoying, h
Tammy
Oct 14, 2016 Tammy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
This story is about a young, rich, newly engaged lady whose father has passed away suddenly. After his death she finds out that her father had a gambling problem and he lost a lot of their money, so to pay off all his debts she has to sell the family estate, jewelry, paintings and other valuables. Fearing that her name will be tarnished her fiancé drops her like a rock...

To pick up the pieces of her life she and her best friend start an all girl summer camp, she teaches the girls how to ride an
Jacquie
Jan 14, 2017 Jacquie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't realize until I started reading this that I read it a couple years ago, but read it again. Good book about a girl who's life has been changed and she learns to live a different life style than she is used to and learns to find love and strength along the way.
Alexis-Morgan Roark
Jun 19, 2011 Alexis-Morgan Roark rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Alexis-Morgan by: alexisroark@sbcglobal.net
Another audiobook from the library! I'm travelling today; so, this is just what the doctor ordered.

The whole apple/temptation thing is cool. What's not cool: the wishy-washy attitude/feelings of the heroine. Her, IMO, over-the-top response to Chase's possessiveness-which she was enjoying/denying earlier when he kissed her.

Jeez, I started getting frustrated for the hero! I think it's typical for the genre, for the time, but it makes for a most unlikable hero.

Words/phrases this book made me dislik
Gramedia Pustaka Utama
Jul 20, 2008 Gramedia Pustaka Utama rated it really liked it
Bagi Eden bangun pagi adalah siksaan, tetapi karena dia dan Candy memutuskan untuk mengelola sebuah perkemahan musim untuk para gadis, dengan berat hati dia harus bangun setiap pagi. Bagi orang yang dulu mengenal Eden, hal ini mungkin mengejutkan. Tetapi tidak lebih terkejut bila mereka mengetahui bahwa Eden yang dulunya lebih mengetahui tata cara menyelenggarakan pesta, memutuskan untuk mencairkan assets keluarganya, termasuk rumah yg sudah dimiliki keluarganya selama beberapa generasi untuk me ...more
Darlene
This was a good book-easy read, sort of predictable though. I have read Nora Roberts books before and enjoyed them and have several more to read of hers. I did like the fact that a young woman, Eden, who grew up having it all and then in one moment, she lost everything, had to give up the life she knew and start a new life-deciding what she wanted to do, making choices she never thought she would have to make. Then enters Chase, the handsome guy that owns the property next to the camp she and he ...more
Kari
Apr 25, 2012 Kari rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook, 2012
Temptation is one of the reasons I love to read the older romances by my favorite authors. It oozes with cheese, but that is what makes it so good. Yes, the clothing and technology is outdated, but the general story isn't. Actually, Temptation is one of Nora's milder romances. There is really no sex in it, just hot kissing scenes. It was kind of refreshing that they didn't hop into bed after the first meeting.

Eden is a socialite thrown into making her own way in the world and I admired her dete
Barb
Mar 23, 2013 Barb rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Socialite Eden Carlbough didn't expect running a girls' camp to be easy, but she never thought she'd literally be run up an apple tree by the little monsters...nor did she think she'd come crashing down into the capable arms of orchard owner Chase Elliot. Chase knew he'd caught a windfall when he looked at the woman in his arms. He didn't like being cast as the serpent, but how could he resist when she'd just offered him such forbidden fruit?

I loved Eden. She had my heart and my support right fr
Kathrin
Feb 19, 2012 Kathrin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Natürlich wissen wir alle wie Liebesromane enden. Die meisten sind von ihrem Aufbau her auch einfach immer gleich. Jeder weiß, dass die Hauptfiguren für einander bestimmt sind. Nur die Hauptfiguren selbst wissen es nicht und müssen es im Laufe des Buches/der Geschichte lernen.
„Versuchung pur“ ist hier keine Ausnahme. Aber Eden hat es mir wirklich leicht gemacht sie zu mögen. Ich konnte mich sehr gut in sie hinein versetzen, weil ihre Ausgangssituation nicht so anders ist wie meine. Ihr Vater ist
Carol Strickland
First, I got this book free, as part of a goodie bag. I know that this is a very early Nora novel. As it is, I LOVE some of Nora's books, but the majority leave me shrugging or worse. (Though I do love the way she can describe things.) (I don't like the repetition, where new names and locales are substituted in new books with old plots.)

This one has a extremely simple plot that concerns a young, spoiled rich woman who'd lost all her money, blah blah blah and was now helping to run an early-teen
Abby Welker
Packing up my house, I needed a quick, easy story to listen to and this one was only $5 on iTunes. I don't think I've ever read a Nora Roberts book before--not a fan of her genre. I have to admit, though, that I liked the story and the beautiful imagery of the summer camp next to the apple orchard and a lake. The love story was terribly cheesy, but it made the book what it is--a cheesy romance. My expectations were low and I could enjoy other aspects of the story, rather than mentally criticize ...more
Cruth
Author: Nora Roberts
First published: 1987
Length: 153 pages
Setting: Contemporary.
Sex: Some heavy petting but no penetration.
Hero: Owns an apple empire.
Heroine: Down on her luck socialite now working in a summer camp as book keeper and horse riding instructor.

Simple and straightforward romance. Eden is working towards finding herself and giving her life direction while Chase respects her decisions and waits for her. Nice.

References:
Author’s website: noraroberts.com

(Read in Home Away From Home ISB
Jen
Eden's life fell apart when her father died. Leaving a mass amount of debt, the former socialite was forced to sell everything she owned and start over. When her best friend Avery decides to open a summer camp for girls, Eden decides to join the venture. Spending the summer teaching girls how to ride horses, swimming and rowing in the lake and worrying about the camps finances forces Eden to grow up and realize what she wants out of life. Meeting Chase Elliot, the owner or an orchard famous for ...more
Angela Johnson
I liked this book, it was a nice short read. The only thing was I had trouble with falling in love with the character's love story. If that makes sense. It might be because I listened to it on audio book, which I always find makes me more detached with the characters. I would've liked to read/hear more interaction between Chase and Eden to see how they fell in love, I can't imagine falling in love after only a handful of conversations. He really didn't pursue her until the end of the summer.
Riona
This was a typical Cookie-Cutter Nora Book.

I think this might have been an earlier book. I liked the fact that the title, main character and setting all play into the story of Adam and Eve. Temptation, Apple Orchard, main character named Eden.

Eden wasn't used to wanting for anything - so after the untimely death of her father, she decides to throw everything into a summer camp for girls. Along with one of her best friends - she works day in and day out to make sure they stay a float. What Eden
Jack Coleman
Mar 19, 2011 Jack Coleman added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jack by: gifted
I will not give this book any rating at all. It is pure crap!
Anti femminist bilge.The Steven King of slush.
I aquired this book a door prize at the local library.It was St.Patricks day and if the book you loaned
had a leprechan inside you won a free library bag full of books.Fortunately they weren't all bad as this one.
Out of five books two were Nora Roberts.The second Birthright was much better..
Susan
Mar 04, 2011 Susan rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Romance books are not my normal preference, so when I chose one to read, I went with an author I know, Nora Roberts. All in all, it was what I expected -- simple plot, nothing very interesting happens, but in the end, the heroine gets the hero and they're ready to live happily ever after. (I think, in this type of book, that's not really a spoiler). Fine for what it is, but just not what I normally choose to read. I'll be heading back to Roberts' Eve Dallas books instead.
Maria
A re-read, this book provides a heroine who is learning to stand on her own, having been previously pampered and separated from reality by a rich father. I thoroughly enjoyed watching Eden learn to stand on her own two feet and take pride in her accomplishments and particularly not take the easy way out when she met Chase. I also really like the "Eden and the apple orchard" theme. It was fun.
Putri Septiana
A light reading when you need a sweet romance. Just average in all. I like how the heroine deal with her circumstances even if she's a little bit wishy washy. And I think the hero should, I don't know, do more with his chase toward the heroine. Nothing much to remember this book. I fact, I already forget the heroine's name in a matter of week :D So, it's not in my reread list.
  • A Happy Meeting (The Best of Betty Neels)
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • Sheikh's Convenient Bride (O'Connells, #4)
  • Sang Partner - Sleeping Partners
  • Christmas Cowboy - Natal Sang Koboi
  • Land of Dreams
  • Pernikahan Pura-Pura (A Mediterranean Marriage #5)
  • Passionately Ever After - Cinta Abadi (Dynasties: The Barones, #12)
  • The Royal Wedding Night (Royals, #3)
  • Pelajaran Cinta (Lesson To Learn)
  • Pinangan Terselubung (The Baby Proposal)
  • Smokescreen Marriage / Pernikahan Semu
  • Her Royal Husband | Suamiku Sang Pangeran
Nora Roberts is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of more than 200 novels, including The Obsession, The Liar, The Collector, Whiskey Beach and coming in June 2017, Come Sundown. She is also the author of the futuristic suspense In Death series written under the pen name J.D. Robb. There are more than 500 million copies of her books in print.
More about Nora Roberts...